• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 1,508 Views, 108 Comments

"Wait!" - AxelGunn



A pegasus pony wakes up in a tree with no recollection of who he is or where he came from.

  • ...
6
 108
 1,508

"Let's go clubbing!"

"Let's go clubbing!"

By MrAnderson92

By the time I had woken up, the late morning sun had moved into late afternoon, although I had the sneaking suspicion that a whole day had passed. I glanced to my right and was rewarded by the sight of Twilight laying up against me, her head resting on my right hoof. I looked to my left and saw Rainbow Dash, lying perpendicular to me, resting her head upon my withers. Hmmm...they were much more tired than I was. I can't wake them now. Sorry to bring this up, but we have a problem. What would that be? How are we going to take them to dinner without bits? Oh crap! I totally forgot!

I tried to think of a way to get enough bits for my date with Rainbow and Twilight later, but none came to mind. At least, none that would rationally work. Well now...I obviously didn't think this through. Of course you didn't. You were exhausted. That's a good reason to not think things through. Maybe so, but now what am I going to do??

I got up carefully, using my wings and hooves to slowly lay Rainbow on the ground without waking her. I walked out of the library and looked around Ponyville, still trying to think of a way to get bits for tonight. Maybe they'll just keep sleeping. You can't rely on that possibility. Also, they're not going to sleep FOREVER. Good point.

I continued to walk slowly through Ponyville, quietly greeting anypony that greeted me, avoiding eye contact as much as I could.

"Why hello there!" I was greeted cheerily by a rather well-proportioned magenta pony with a two-colored pink mane, "You're Cloud Runner right?"

"Yes, yes I am." I replied, giving her a small smile, "I'm sorry but I don't know your name..." I trailed off sheepishly.

"Oh, but where are my manners??" She asked, a horrified looking flashing across her face, "My name is Cheerilee, I'm the schoolteacher here in Ponyville!" Mmmm....yes Miss Cheerilee you have to teach me a lesson now...What the hay is wrong with you?? Well...she IS rather shapely...Keep it in your flanks. Besides, what about Rainbow and Twilight? Ok, good point. But she IS kinda hot. And she's a teacher. The sexiness has been doubled! Maybe so, but you need self-control. That's why you're here. ...touché.

"Oh I see." I said, my smile growing larger, "I take it you were at the party Pinkie Pie threw for me?"

"Oh yes, I had a wonderful time." Cheerilee said, smiling at me, "And if I remember correctly, you had quite the evening yourself." She stated, winking at me.

"Ah...which part do you mean?" I asked, nervously laughing, unable to recall that particular night due to my alcohol consumption.

"You...don't remember?" She asked, going wide-eyed and blushing slightly at the memory, "You and Rainbow Dash were certainly getting quite...intimate." She informed me, her blush growing heavier by the second, "If you don't mind me asking, is she your...marefriend?"

"Ah! No, no she isn't!" I exclaimed, perhaps a little too loudly, judging by the looks I received from ponies passing by, "I just...got a little carried away from drinking too much." I finished sheepishly, looking away from Cheerilee as I did so.

"Ohh I see." Cheerilee said, a little laugh in her voice, "Well I suspect she would be one lucky mare if she was." She said, giving me another quick wink, "You know, there was quite a commotion about you a couple days ago."

"There was?" I asked cautiously, "Why?"

"Oh, apparently a few ponies were really worried about where you were!" She informed me, "I heard about it from Rarity over at the Carousel Boutique, she was making a new dress for me."

"Oh Goddess..." I muttered, "I wasn't expecting Rainbow and Twilight to bring the others into this!"

"Oh, so what happened? If you don't mind me asking that is..." Cheerilee trailed off, looking embarrassed.

"Nah, I don't mind." I assured her, "It is somewhat of a long story though...would you like to walk with me to the Carousel Boutique while I tell it?"

"Sure!" Cheerilee exclaimed happily, "I don't have anything planned for the rest of the day!"

And with that we started walking together towards the Carousel Boutique, me telling her everything that had happened to me since I woke up in the tree, obviously leaving out some of the more personal things, such as details of kissing Rainbow and Twilight, and the rather intimate dream that I had. Her reaction to it all wasn't quite what I was expecting.

"Wow...you kissed them both and got dates with both??" Cheerilee exclaimed, "Looks like somepony's certainly a player!" She laughed, "No, I'm kidding, I'm sure you're not that kinda colt."

"Thank you," I said, relief flowing through me, "I know what I did was stupid, but I was totally out of it!"

And when I told her of how I fought the manticore in the Everfree Forest, she stared at me with her eyes wider than I've ever seen anypony's eyes go before, "You really beat a manticore all by yourself??"

"Well...yeah!" I said, blushing from embarrassment, "It's...it's not that big of a deal!"

"Um...actually Cloud...it IS a big deal!" Cheerilee said, astonishment spreading across her face, "I can't think of anypony who's beaten a manticore alone before!"

"Oh...well...um...yeah," I stammered, embarrassment growing rapidly, "I had to protect Rainbow and Twilight...I really didn't care what happened to me at that moment in time..."

"Well then aren't you a regular knight in shining armor?" Cheerilee asked me, a sneaky glint in her eye, "I bet your 'non-marefriend' wanted to thank you for that didn't she?"

My jaw dropped. Literally. She can't be implying...that can she?? Why not? Because she's a teacher? "Well," I said nervously, a blush quickly forming on my cheeks, "actually once the fight was over Rainbow, Twilight and I had a big discussion over everything that had happened in the last few days, then we all went back to the library and slept together."

Cheerilee's eyes got really big as a very deep blush began to form on her cheeks, "Y-you mean that you...ummm...with both? S-simultaneously?"

My eyes got as big as hers as my face turned into a giant red delicious apple. Oh my goddess she thinks that I...with...BOTH?? Indeed she does. You didn't quite word that in the smartest way. "NO!" I exclaimed, "Goddess no Cheerilee! I didn't have a threesome with Twilight and Rainbow!

"Well that's certainly good to hear Cloud." I heard somepony utter sharply behind me. Uh oh...

I turned, my face turning to an incredible shade of crimson, to look into the irritated eyes of Rarity. "Ah...hello there Rarity."

"Hello." Rarity said coldly, "What's this I hear about you, Rainbow, and Twilight?"

"No! You don't understand!" I exclaimed, "I told Cheerilee here," I tried to gesture towards her but she was gone. Whoa...where'd she go?? "Umm...anyways..I told Cheerilee that Rainbow, Twilight and I slept together at the library, and she misunderstood and thought I meant we...you know...got physical, when in reality we all walked inside...and collapsed in exhaustion." I explained, hoping that Rarity would calm down, "I actually came over here to tell you everything that's happened."

"Very well," Rarity said, defrosting slightly at my explanation of the misunderstanding, "come inside, please."

This is not going to be pretty...

I followed Rarity into the Carousel Boutique, and she slammed the door shut with her magic. I tensed, dread coursing through my veins as nervousness dominated my stomach.

"So tell me Cloud...Why did you go to the Everfree Forest?" She asked authoritatively.

"Umm...I went to the Everfree Forest so I could be alone while I try to think about what I was going to do about my problem with Rainbow and Twilight..." I said slowly, trying to get everything right.

"Then what went wrong?" Rarity demanded, "Do you have any idea what you put Rainbow and Twilight through?? They were up all night, yelling at each other and worrying over where you were! All because you just HAD to have your cake and eat it too!"

"Rarity," I said, "If you'll just LISTEN to what I have to say everything will be clear! I KNOW I messed up alright?? But I fixed it!"

"Alright," Rarity said firmly, "I'm listening." And so I told her of everything that had happened to me since I stepped into the Everfree Forest. When I got to the fight with the manticore, her reaction was the one reaction I dreaded to hear. "You mean Twilight and Rainbow put themselves in extreme danger to try and find you?! They almost DIED Cloud!"

"You think I don't realize that??" I yelled at Rarity, "I'm well aware of the fact that they could've died Rarity! Why else do you think I would go face the manticore alone?! I had to protect them, no matter what the cost! And I did!"

"It's a good thing you did!" She said coldly, "Otherwise the rest of us would've hunted you down and made you wish you never forgot your memory."

"It's a little late for that Rarity," I informed her, "I've been wishing that ever since I woke up in that tree."

"Then maybe you should just go stay in that tree!" Rarity said angrily, "If you'd rather never have come here to Ponyville in the first place!"

"I don't regret coming to Ponyville at all!" I said exasperatedly, "I just regret coming here with absolutely no idea of who I was!"

"Then maybe you should leave until you know who you really are!" Rarity shouted at me.

I stepped back, feeling as if Applejack had just bucked me in the chest. Th-those words...

FLASH! The cream-colored earth pony and I were fighting, tears of frustration running down her face as she questioned what I cared about most. "You just don't care anymore Cloud!" She shouted at me, "All you care about is that stupid competition! It's an obsession!" "It's not an obsession Hazel Swirl." I said quietly, "I have to practice for the Best Young Flier's competition. I've never put the competition before you. You should know that." "Well I used to think that!" She said, sobbing hard, "But now I just don't know anymore! You spend all your time either flying, attempting some dumb trick, or sitting under that damn maple tree writing in that stupid flight journal!" "The flight journal that YOU got for my birthday last year!" I said loudly, "You know I've always wanted to meet Spitfire! That's why being the Best Young Flier is so important to me! Well you need to decide exactly what is most important to you! Me or Spitfire!" "Goddess, I'm not in love with Spitfire!" "Well I'm starting to think you don't love me either! Maybe you should leave until you know who you really are! Equestria's 'Best Young Flier', or the colt I fell in love with!" "Fine!" I shouted, "I WILL leave!" And so I did, out into the dark night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I came to, I was in an incredibly soft bed with silk sheets lying on me. Whoa...I want to meet Spitfire? I don't even know who Spitfire IS....and I really messed things up with Hazel Swirl...Should you even care? You can be with Rainbow or Twilight now remember? NO! Not until I've settled things with Hazel. Very well. Then find her and settle it. I will.

I sat up in the bed, and took in my surroundings. Judging from the state of this room I'd say I'm still in the Carousel Boutique. "Hello?" I called out, "Rarity?"

"Oh...good you're awake." A familiar voice said quietly, "Rarity came and got me after she put you in bed. I was beginning to worry about you Cloud...especially after you disappeared.." Oh...I wasn't expecting HER to be here...

"Ah...hello Fluttershy," I murmured, looking around for her, "so am I to understand that you've been taking care of me again?"

"Um...yes...I did..." she said quietly, still hidden from my sight, "Are you ok Cloud?"

"I'm trying to find you.." I whispered, unsure why we kept talking in lower voices, and how we could still hear each other, "Where are you Shyfly..?"

"I'm right next to you..." Fluttershy murmured as her hooves wrapped around my neck, kissing my cheek before nuzzling my neck, "Just as I'll always be..."

"Good..." I said softly, and with that I turned and kissed her deeply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I next came to, I was in a different incredibly soft bed, with different sheets, but they were still silk. The main difference, though, was that Fluttershy was no longer with me. "Fl-Fluttershy?" I called out, "Shyfly where are you?"

"Calling for Fluttershy now? Moving past Rainbow and Twilight so soon?" That's most definitely NOT Fluttershy...

I looked around the room and spotted Rarity sitting on a ledge by a window. Oh crap...What the hay did I do now? Seems like your subconscious played a trick on you. "Ah...well that was a really lucid dream..."

"You had a dream about Fluttershy?" Rarity asked, walking over to where I lay, "DO tell me all the details."

I felt the blood rush from my face as the prospect of telling Rarity about my rather intimate dream about Fluttershy. "Well...ah...you see..." I stammered, trying to think of a way out of this, "It was..." Oh I know! Ask her how long you've been unconscious! But Rarity had already pounced on my hesitation.

"Oh my!" Rarity gasped, "Don't tell me that the dream was risqué in nature?"

"Well...in a sense yes it was." I said semi-defiantly, "I was in a bed like this, ALOT like this actually, and Fluttershy was next to me and we kissed. But that's all we did!"

"Why in Equestria would you dream about Fluttershy though?" Rarity wondered, "And why do you call her Shyfly? Is there something you're not telling me?"

"No! Well, kinda," I said sheepishly, "Fluttershy and I used to play together when we were foals. But then my family moved away and I haven't seen her since. Until I had come to Ponyville of course." Rarity pondered over this information with a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Well...has this happened before?" Rarity asked me.

I blushed, thinking of the dream that I had of the three desirable mares I've met since I came to Ponyville, "It happened once before, but in that dream there was one pony I was with, but she kept switching between Rainbow, Twilight, and Fluttershy..." I trailed off awkwardly, unable to look Rarity in the eyes.

"Well well well..." Rarity murmured as she placed a hoof upon my brow, "You don't have a fever so that's good, do you have any idea why you would pass out?"

Wait...what about my dreams? Hmmm...interesting. She's going off on an entirely different tangent. I wonder why... "Well, actually Rarity I passed out because I had some memory recollection. Some pretty important recollection, actually."

"Oooh! Do tell dearie!" Rarity exclaimed, a bright gleam in her eye, "Tell me all about it!" And so I did. I told her about all of the memories that I had recently gotten back since I left her boutique just a couple days beforehand. She listened calmly as I climbed out of the bed and stretched all my limbs, taking extra care in stretching my left, sprained wing. Well...just some minor pain now...Probably good to fly on, but not for prolonged periods of time. Good idea...Of course it is.

"You had a zebra for a best friend?" Rarity asked me, surprise obvious on her face, "Where exactly did you live?"

"Well...I don't exactly remember Rarity." I said, "I haven't gotten that part yet." Although I'm going to need to start somewhere if I want to try and find Hazel...

"And what about this...um...Hazel Swirl?" Rarity asked, a thoughtful expression on her face, "You can't morally be with Rainbow OR Twilight if you're already with somepony!"

"I'm well aware of that fact Rarity." I sighed, "I've already let Twilight and Rainbow know about that situation."

"Well did you tell Fluttershy?"

"Did...did he tell Fluttershy what..?" A small, timid voice squeaked from the doorway. Oh damn it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lone pony walked into Ponyville, the late evening sun illuminating his muscular body underneath his crimson coat, gleaming off his unicorn horn, broken off approximately five inches from the base, his white mane hanging straight over one-half of his face. Three little fillies who were running around playing suddenly stopped dead in their tracks when they saw him arrive into Ponyville. One of the fillies, a light yellow pony with a bow in her hair walked up to him and gave him a friendly greeting, but quickly scampered off thanks to the scowl upon his face and the glare she received from his ice blue eye. (His hair covered the other one) "Ha. Why would he be hiding in this pitiful excuse for a town?" He spat on the ground, tossing his head to move his mane, "I'd have never figured him to be a coward where his friends were concerned." He chuckled, reaching a hoof into his onyx-colored vest, withdrawing a letter that he had received just two days prior. He read over it again, making sure he had not misunderstood its meaning. Finding that he had not, he put the letter back into his pocket and smirked. He can't hide forever...and certainly not from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just stared blankly at Fluttershy, who still stood in the doorway to what I assumed was Rarity's bedroom. Crap. I REALLY didn't want to tell Fluttershy about these dreams...What if she takes it the wrong way? Well it looks like that's a risk you're going to have to take.

"Wh-what do you need to tell me Cloud?" Fluttershy asked shyly, walking slowly into the room, "Is...is it serious?"

"No! No Fluttershy, it's not serious." I said, a little too loudly, "It's just some...dreams that I've been having." I said quickly, jumping into it with all four hooves.

"Ah, dearie, I almost forgot!" Rarity interjected, "Your suit is just about done! Let me go downstairs and finish it up for you while you two talk up here." And before I could object to her leaving, she was gone. Damn...she teleported...

I turned to face Fluttershy, who by that time had walked right up next to me, so close that our noses almost touched. I swear I had gotten lost in her eyes before I heard her quiet voice snap me out of my reverie.

"Um...Cloud? Ar-are you ok?" She asked, a worried expression on her face, "Do you need to sit down?"

"Ah...no...I'm fine Fluttershy," I said quietly, "I do have something to tell you though, about the dreams I've had."

"Oh, you do?" Fluttershy said, suddenly looking very nervous, "Wh-what happened in your dreams..?"

"Well...I had two dreams of a somewhat...intimate nature.." I told her slowly, "And you happened to be in them..."

"I-I was??" Fluttershy asked, blushing furiously as shock flashed across her face, "Wh-what do you mean when you said they were intimate??"

"Well by intimate I meant that we seemed to be in love...and we kissed. Both times. Then I woke up." I informed her, "It mainly consisted of us promising we would always be there for each other..." I trailed off, realizing I was beginning to ramble on again.

"So you...have feelings for me..?" Fluttershy asked, her face turning an even deeper shade of red, "Ha-have you always had them?"

"Well...I'm not entirely sure what the implications of the dreams are..." I said, "I mean, in one of the dreams you turned into Rainbow Dash and Twilight, so right now I'm basically confused about all of this, and I still don't know what I'm going to do about Hazel Swirl!"

"Wh-who's Hazel Swirl?" Fluttershy asked, a befuddled look on her face, "Does she live in Ponyville?"

"Ah no Hazel...um...Hazel is...hmmm..." I paused, trying to figure out how to explain my current relationship with Hazel. Thankfully, I was saved by Rarity walking into the room with a beautiful cobalt suit. Holy Celestia...is that the suit she made for me?? It certainly is a beautiful suit.

"Here we go Cloud! It's all done!" Rarity told me happily as she examined my reaction.

I swear my eyes were sparkling as I walked towards Rarity and this beautiful suit. I was physically unable to look away from it. This suit...is MINE...I can't believe it! "Rarity...it's beautiful! Thank you so much! I absolutely love it!" I began to babble about how much I loved the suit, completely oblivious as I began to caress the fabric between my hooves.

"Also," Rarity said, cutting into my fantasy of wearing the suit, "I gave you a big bag of bits for you dates with Rainbow and Twilight." That snapped me right out of my daydream.

"Whoa now Rarity," I said hurriedly, "I can't possibly accept that!"

"Oh yes you can!" She assured me, "After all, you did save the lives of two of my best friends!"

"Whoa...wh-what are you t-talking about?" Fluttershy stammered, alarm showing plainly on her face, "What happened?"

"Ah..." I uttered, totally forgetting that Fluttershy didn't know what had transpired in the Everfree Forest, "I'll fill you in later ok? I'll walk you back to your house and tell you there." I said quickly.

"Oh...um...alright..." Fluttershy murmured, instantly making me feel guilty of hiding something from her. Snap out of it! You're going to tell her soon!

"Well...Thank you again Rarity!" I said, "I honestly cannot thank you enough for all this!" I looked in the front pockets of the suit and found the bag of bits that Rarity had talked about. Opening the bag, I noticed that it was absolutely FULL of bits. "Whoa...Rarity this is way too many bits!"

"Absolutely not dearie!" Rarity said firmly, "You saved Twilight's and Rainbow's LIVES! No price can be put on that!"

"But it's way too much!" I tried to protest, but Fluttershy cut in.

"Um...Cloud...You may as well take it...Rarity is extraordinarily generous when it comes to matters like this."

"She has a point there dearie," Rarity said, smiling at me as she handed me the suit, "I'm not taking anything back and that's final!"

I tried to continue to give her back at least SOME of the bits, but as Fluttershy had predicted, Rarity would have none of it. So, as I continued to thank her endlessly for the suit and bits, Fluttershy and I left the Carousel Boutique and began walking towards her cottage. An awkward silence fell over Fluttershy and I as we walked, until I was struck by a sudden realization.

"Oh no!" I exclaimed, "I have to get back to the library!"

"Wh-what..?" Fluttershy asked, suddenly looking astonished and relieved simultaneously, "Wh-why do you need to?"

"I told Rainbow and Twilight I'd take them to dinner when we all woke up!" I informed her, itching to get to the library before Twilight and Rainbow woke up and discovered that I had left them again, "I'm so sorry Fluttershy but I really really need to go!" And before Fluttershy could respond, I had taken off into the air, stretching my wings as I quickly flew to the library.

I went through the door to the library as quietly as I could, thanking Princess Celestia herself that neither Rainbow Dash nor Twilight had woken up yet. Wow...they must've been EXHAUSTED... I smiled as an idea formed in my mind.

"Hey you two," I said sweetly, nuzzling first Twilight, then Rainbow awake, "you're going to be late for our dinner tonight!"

"Mmmmmph...I can't make it tonight Cloud..." Twilight murmured as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, "I simply have too much to do here at the library, and Spike can't take care of it all by himself..."

"Ah...well then we'll go to dinner another night!" I assured her as I nuzzled into her neck, "What about you Rainbow?"

"I'm totally free tonight baby!" Rainbow exclaimed, full of energy after sleeping for so long, "You know, I heard there's a club here that has DJ Pon-3 there tonight!"

"Alright!" I said excitedly, bumping my flank against Rainbow's, "Let's go clubbing!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Whew! Literally took me ALL day today to write this chapter! Couldn't think of a good way to end it so that's why it's about twice as long as the other chapters. Cloud better enjoy his peaceful time while it lasts, things are going to begin to heat up once again for our unfortunate protagonist! I love you guys!