• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 1,696 Views, 19 Comments

Dragon Chains (Reworked) - The One With The Crystal



Spike comes into possession of an artifact from an ancient phrophecy and becomes the one who will either save the world or destroy it.

  • ...
1
 19
 1,696

The Legend (Reworked)

They were made from the most durable metals. They were crafted by the claws of the greatest dragon silversmiths that have ever live. Magic was sown into the metal like wool in a freshly knit quilt as it was forged in the molten lava pit know as Pryosus. After decades of time, hard work, sorrows, and blood toiled away at making these magical items did the dragon finally got their finished products- The Dragon Chains. With the strength of a thousand bulls, the magic capacity of an army of alicorns, equipped with the souls of countless lost ones. These chains could be used great good, to protect those who cannot protect themselves, or they could be used to satisfy their wielders' own greed.

The world was a dark place. A place of thieves, chaos, and death. The alicorns would not interfere with the lives of those who inherited this place. The Natural Order had to be sustained. No matter how much they wanted to interfere, they could not. Then out of nowhere, a golden bladed chain cut through the land. It was followed by another and then another and another. Soon there was a total of ten chains spreading across the land. They burned through the chaos, purified the evil, and also defeated Death, for a time. This had disrupted the Natural Order. The alicorns knew they had to act, but if they left their home they wouldn't be able to return until they day that they died. The need to help those who couldn't help themselves was greater than the fact that they wouldn't be able to return home. They then decended from their home.

Once they touched down, the alicorns tried to reason with the dragons to stop their chains and bring back the Natural Order. At first the dragons did not stop at the alicorns wishes, but they soon realized what would happen if this was to continue- Perfect Order. They figured out that life was a balance. If one leaned to far in one direction, Perfect Order or Perfect Chaos awaited them- a fate that none wanted.

Dragons of old and the alicorns discussed on a theory of which to keep a balance of not only Order, but Chaos as well. Thus, Harmony was born. Everything blended together nicely for a time. Ponies and beings lived as one system. They lived and died by each other. It was a bond that would be shattered in the war. A war that started from greed.

The dragons were satisfied with the way things were going, but for some, satisfied was never enough. If it wasn't for them the little ponies would never have had the chance to even get a glimpse at Harmony. Yet, every other being seemed to praise their own race more instead of them. This would not fair. The dragons should be the one getting the praise and the glory. It was not long before this greed and hatred weaved their way into the core of these dragons. After poisoning the minds of their fellow draconic brethren, it was only a matter of time before they put their plans into motion. The Dragon Chains that had been locked away for centuries were released into the world again.

However, the once golden chains were tarnished by their users' greed and hatred, turning them into chains as black as night. With the chains follow terrifying monsters. The cockatrice, the manticore, even the all famous draconequus. All creatures of darkness spilled out into the land reeking havoc where ever they went. The alicorns had always known that this day would happen. Six warriors stepped forward each wielding a jewel representing what is now known as The Elements of Harmony. With these elements, a war raged on for months on end. In the end, the last few alicorns claimed victory over the dragons.

After the war the dragons were held against there actions and for those actions all of their children and children's children and so on with be cursed with their greed. As for the Dragon Chains, most of them were destroyed. Only four remain in the entire world. It has been foretold by one of the Creators of the Chains, during his last days, that one day a young dragon was to reclaim all four chains and with them be able to resurrect the other six. Either for good or for evil the Dragon Chains would be reunited. For centuries, the alicorns looked for the Chains, but only came up with negative results. They did not want to harm young dragons if they could avoid it. However, their search for these relics was stopped after the draconequus named Discord wiped out the rest alicorn race or so he thought.

Two alicorn sisters, Celestia and Luna, were able to defeat the evil lord and restored Harmony. Soon the threat of the four chains was never seen or heard from in eons. The threat was unheard of from both the alicorn sisters. Both thought of it as an old mare's tale. One that would never be able to come true. Like most ponies in this world, they were about to be proven wrong. For the proof was in the box Celestia was taking to her student's house in Ponyville on the way to a meeting.

Author's Note:

I was a lot younger when I made this fic . Now that I've looked back through it. I cringed a bit. I've grown since then and I still like the premise of this story. So, I've deciding to rework some things. I hope that anyone who gets a chance to read this enjoys the changes I make to it.