• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 655 Views, 3 Comments

At the precipice of truth - The Drifting Bard



An empty life soon to be filled. tradegy, sorrow, death, rebirth... all circulating...

  • ...
 3
 655

chapter 8

Chapter 8: the precipice


Somehow pinkie pie always knew how to throw a good party. The pink puffball of energy would happily bounce around to the music without a care in the world. The sight of an injured Fluttershy was still weighing heavily on my heart. I felt responsible. I took a step outside to clear my thoughts. Looking up to the night sky which was always going to this perfect what ever the day, I took a deep breath. Everything seemed to slow down, as though time were almost standing still. Looking around I could see the faintest of movements, the whispers in the wind drifted through the air. Thinking back on the past events, I realized that things aren’t so bad… in contrast. I looked back inside, everyone was having fun. I simply sat down on a seat inside and smiled.
I was content knowing that nobody had died that day.
I felt feathers brush against me.

“I don’t know what to say,” she said to me. I could see Fluttershy was more worried about me than she would let on
“when I watched you…snap like that, you became a different pony” I could see the tears brimming in her eyes.
“Fluttershy, I’m sorry you had to witness that,”
I brought a hoof up to her chin, lifting her face up to meet mine,
“I’ve already lost someone once, I didn’t want to lose anyone else” a lonely tear had run down my cheek.
I felt eyes watching me. My voice started to waver a bit. I started to choke on my words.
“Can we talk…all of us… after the party?” I asked her. I watched as she wiped away the tears while nodding, Bringing her into an embrace, surprising her. An audible squeak could be heard.

With in a few hours, everyone else had gone home, it was just me and the six elements. “What’s this about Trigger?” Twilight asked, she watched as I bowed my head in shame. The girls were exchanging worried glances.
“Its time I told you…well...everything”

Outside you could hear the pitter-patter of the raindrops on the cobbled paths, the moisture in the air making the world colder. I stood in the open door way with my back to them.
Telling them the story of my sad life, tears finally flowing from my eyes, I turned to them so they could see…
to see the truth.

My own personal truth derived from the hell of the flashes.

The truth that I was lying to them from the start…

The truth that I was just as scared as they are now…

The truth that I originally hoped that the dragon would kill me…

The voices in my head had finally been silenced. I felt sets of hooves on me, but not what I expected.
“Just let it out, dude…” Rainbow said solemnly.
The bitter sting of tears… I hadn’t felt them since she died.
I felt my fur dampen with every tear. I couldn’t help but see the others felt it too.
All the pain I had undergone, the suicide attempts, the loss of loved ones.
The pain had gotten too much for me; the flashes had finally made sense.

The flashes might have been a failsafe, to stop me from doing more damage to myself by bottling things up.
I took a look around the room. “Guys, where’s Fluttershy” I asked, worried that she had ran off upset by the tale.

I poked my head out of the door.

Thunder and lighting shot across the sky. “Im going to find her” the tears had stopped, replaced by a look of worry.
“What are you, nuts?” Pinkie Pie shouted, “You’ll catch a cold! Maybe even some lightning!”
she exclaimed
Rarity, being the insightful one when it came to romance, watched me take off.
She finally pieced the puzzle together. “Pinkie Pie, He’s not nuts”
“He’s in…”

Love