• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 613 Views, 38 Comments

Stories In Equestria: The Rise of a New Guardian - The_Silent_Hero47



Life is funny. I was just a normal 15 year-old brony, living the casual high school life. But one day, an unsuspected visitor came into our world and messed everything up.

  • ...
21
 38
 613

Chapter 2: The Land of Ponyville

I fell on the ground and coughed up some blood as I was slowly getting back up. I was shaking really bad for fear of seeing death with my own eyes. Another blow of strong magic hit me and sent me flying across the cave I was hoping to find rejoice in, but had only fallen into a trap. I looked up and stared at my attackers. One was a red pony with Dragon wings and a black and red mane, the other was a grey unicorn with white hair, his magic was stronger than mine by a landslide. I crawled to my sword and went to go for a deadly swing only to get hit by two strong legs from behind. I fell down again and started shaking from the pain, I was planning on getting back up.

"Silent, you can't lose now, Equestria can't survive without you." This was the same voice from before.

"Don't worry p-princess, I'm doing my best." I grunted in a real shaky tone. I was almost halfway up when the cave I was defending myself in started fading away, as did my attackers. The whole scenery was turning white, I just sighed deeply and sat down. I was going to take a well needed break from all the things I've been doing because right now, this is my own fortress of solitude.


I was woken painfully thanks to me tossing and turning during my slumber. My midsection felt like it was on fire and figured it would be wise to just sit there and observe my surroundings. Sadly that thought came after I tried to sit up to look out the window to see where I was. God, this hurts! I'm an idiot for trying to sit up, now then where am I? My mind wandered as my eyes gazed the room I was in. Turns out I was in the hospital, don't know what for yet, and the heart monitor was beeping at a steady rate, guess that means I'm healthy. There was a nightstand next to me that held two things, my wallet and another thing that I'd never seen in my life, I reached out to grab it so I could find out what it possibly could be, but instead of my normal arm and hand there was something in it's place that in normal situations I would be as happy as a gay guy at a chip'n dales show. There was no sign about where I was and I fell from the sky though, so I was scared shitless as well. Because what I saw was a kinda pale blue forearm and a hoof with ice blue color design on it.

I stared at my hoof for a while, hoping that this was just a dream, a really messed up dream. I felt my face the hoof was kinda hard to give feeling as to what it looked like. So I through off the sheets hoping to see my legs, nope, I saw a good pair of horse rear end legs, I rolled onto the side and hoped off, only to have my face meet with the floor. I grunted in pain but then had to go to something that would show me what I look like. There was a mirror not far from me, but since there was...difficulties with my feet I had to crawl there. As I was crawling a alarm went off getting nearby doctors and nurses attention. I was at the mirror now as I climbed up on the wall and moved into the view of the mirror. At that time the door bust open and I guess security was there as well because two huge ponies with bodybuilder strength came and grabbed me.

If you ask any pony that was witnessing the happening of that room they would say it took a few seconds to go through, but in my eyes, it felt like an eternity, not because of my pain, not because of my struggle to keep balance, but because of what I saw with my own eyes. A coat that was pale blue with my hoofs having a design like it was on fire that was ice blue, my hair was the same color as my coat on some sections of it there was that ice blue color, then I saw a worried face that held deep sharpie eyes. I didn't fight the earth ponies, to be quite honest the shock as is would of left me laying on the ground. I went calmly to my bed as they were putting everything back in place when I looked out the door and saw a lavender pony that stood there scared of me, I wonder if someone from my world was sent with me and found me? Highly unlikely but worth a shot to ask, I had to wait for the hospital ponies to finish on me with all the machines and what not. It didn't take long for them to finish up leaving me and a strange unicorn alone in the room. I didn't know what to say to her, I don't know her, but I'm guessing who she could be if I was guessing where I was.

"Are you okay?" She asked in a worried type of tone that sounded like a scared mother.

"Uhh, other then my gut feeling like someone burned it, I'm fine." I replied.

" Whew, good to hear that your fine, hopefully the medicine will fix that." She smiled.

" So, uhh were you the one that found me?" I tried my best to hide my blush asking this.

Of course she is you dumbass, why else would she worry for your health?

" Yes I am, I was in the Everfree forest looking for a rare flower to use in one of my studies, then I heard a loud thud and heard you shouting for help." She looked scared reciting my story.

"I'm sorry if I scared you." I stated hoping that she would feel safer around me. I'm right I might know who she is now.

"Well you did fall from the sky so I would be a tad bit jumpy around that unicorn." She tried joking. Unicorn? Guess that means Discord turned me into my OC, Great but which one? I had an Alicorn one and a Unicorn one but since my wings were making me feel slightly uncomfortable laying on them I figured I was the Alicorn one.

"So, uhh whats your name?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, I work at the local Library, whats you name?"

"Uh, my name is...," I could say any name if I wanted to. Should I say my real name? No I'm in Ponyville I know that much at least so I'm gonna start a good life by saying what I named myself if I were a Pony. "my name is Silent Hero."

God I should of said something cool before hand, oh well. My mind told me.

"Silent Hero, that's an interesting name to have." Twilight had her head cocked to her left, showing she was confused.

"Well I changed my name after I moved out of Manehatten, I wanted to help out ponies without asking for anything in return."

Smooth

Twilight came closer to me and stared right into my eyes, "No, you're lying I can tell by how your eyes twitch." She pointed out with a little rage in her eyes.

" Okay, fine you caught me, I'm not from Manehatten." I told her sheepishly.

"Then tell me where you're from, I did save your life I should know that at least right?"

She's right she has a right to know at least that much about me. I was thinking about what to say but there was nowhere I could say, of all the ponies who had to save me why did it have to be the smartest one? "Look Twilight, I really want to tell you where I'm from but I can't really have open ears knowing, you catch my drift?"

She looked at me like I was a serial killer about to tell her she's next on my list, "Uhh, okay then, I'll get the doctor then." She then left the room to get the doctor.

I had to think, and fast, what was I going to tell the doctor? At least he could believe me unlike Twilight did, I still have to make up a story as to why I landed in the middle of the Everfree forest as well. My door opened and Twilight with one of the doctors from earlier walked in, He immediately walked next to me and checked the chart.

"Hmm, everything seems to check out fine here, all you need to do is check what symptoms you have on here and then you're good to go." The doctor explained to me as he handed a clipboard with his mouth.

I looked at the clipboard, now Equestrian wasn't hard to read, it was like basic English to me, but it was the writing part that killed me, I didn't know how to write with my mouth, or my hoof, or magic so I was pretty much fucked. I looked at Twilight hoping she would understand. "Uhh, Twilight would you check what I say I can't really write properly." I felt heat on my checks I must of been blushing real hard.

"Or you could check the boxes the we provided here." The doctor cut off Twilight before she could even breathe a word.

"Oh, okay then." I said as I looked at the clipboard again. Now I always believed that Unicorns always had a mental connection, like if one unicorn thought 'I need help moving' one or more would think back 'What time do you need us?' You know something like that. So I hoped that my theory is right and asked Twilight in my head, Twilight how do I use magic? There was a long silence, I thought my theory was wrong, but just as I was about to say something I heard someone in my head, but it wasn't Twilight.

"Just pretend that you have arms." It was the voice from my dreams, I had no time to thank the other Unicorn I tried my best to start using magic for the first time.

I focused on the pen that was on the clipboard and imagined that I had a hand to grab it, Surprisingly using magic is very easy, I checked the provided squares that I felt matched my pain. The doctor looked at it, nodded and left the room. I looked at my stuff again, there was also a chair near the nightstand and that had a dark green vest, guess it was on me when I fell on the ground. I slid off the bed and used the nightstand as a crutch to grab my vest and put it on. I got used the my center of weight pretty fast and walked over to the mirror.

Huh, Discord used my Unicorn OC colors but put me as an Alicorn? I thought to myself then found another issue to my life here in Equestria. Shit how am I going to explain this to Twilight without being part of the Royal Family? I turned as fast as I could to tell twilight the fastest thought that came to mind, too late, she already had the widest eyes and was mumbling.

"I-I-I, How did- What are- Would some somepony please explain what the hay is going on!" Twilight yelled at me.

"Look I'll explain everything once we get to somewhere more personal, okay Twilight?"

She looked at me like I was a madman, she then sighed really long and nodded her head. I looked at myself one last time, there was something about me that felt like I'm not complete, what am I missing? Thats it the shades maybe Vinyl would give me a pair. I looked back at Twilight and then walked out of the room. Twilight and I went to the front desk and waited for a nurse to attend to us, a pony by the name of Nurse Red Heart gave me paperwork to sign and take with me as I left but not before I was stopped by the doctor that treated me.

"Sorry there, but I forgot to give you this," he handed me a little bottle of pain pills. "Take these any time you feel the pain in your mid section." He then bid me good day and left to continue his job. As I walked out side of the hospital I was greeted by the most beautiful scene i've ever seen. It was a sunny day, there was a slight breeze in the air, and the butterflies were flying in a synchronized dance. I looked at this with wide and astonished eyes. I guess Twilight saw me look at this and decided to wave her hoof outwards and say to me in a tone like a tourist chaperone.

"Welcome, to Ponyville."

Author's Note:

About the cover art. My first OC is an Alicorn, but as to why the cover art is a Unicorn well. Message me if you want a spoiler, if not then wait for Chapter Four or Five. Again thanks to JXWheeler as my editor.