• Published 4th Mar 2013
  • 629 Views, 11 Comments

A Dash Of War(craft) - Alexander Bolt



As Discord is known for doing, he decides that things are too boring around Equestria, and due to this, he releases a number of strange creatures into the world of ponies, diverse in says, yet similar in one. They all hate Discord. (WoWXMLP)

  • ...
3
 11
 629

A Not Too Bloody Welcome

A Dash of War(craft)

Arvenell, some time associate professor, explorer, and "Bane of the Horde" woke up to a crash and a splitting headache. Not the worst thing he'd ever been through, but quite close. He near instantly came to his senses, realizing he had crashed through an uncolored glass window into a large room, long, with an arched ceiling, white marble. Why did it have to be marble? Arvenell never crashed into water, or sand, or even plain dirt. Always solid rock. He was also aware of noises, almost like hooves, mixed with gruff, urgent voices. This led him to believe he had crashed into some Blood Elf's private stable, in which case the sudden transportation wouldn't be a complete waste.
As he sat up, he heard a different voice amidst the ramblings. It was melodic, dripping with power. It sounded Elfin, but at the same time it didn't. It had an elf's melody, but at the same time it was as terse as one of the gunship captains he had met. It certainly wasn't familiar, and at this point, unfamiliar could very well be hostile. He flipped onto all fours, and found himself staring at the shoulders of what appeared to be a small horse.
So, definitely a stable. thought Arvenell. The aforementioned small horse had a grey coat and a golden chest piece, which made Arvenell's suspicions of Blood Elves seem closer and closer to becoming correct. As he stood he drew his sword from over his back, and was rewarded for this by having the sword knocked out of his hands before it was halfway out of the sheath. He had just enough time for his eyes to widen before a point of ice was pointed at an uncomfortable angle to where it could easily go through the neck of his plate, and at this all he could do is stop moving, or at least try. The weight of a full set of plate armor, as well as that of the bulky human body it was placed on, was not in agreement with a hasty stop, and physics took its course. Arvenell was once again on the ground, looking at the ceiling, only this time he expected to take the full brunt of a spell cast on him.
However a spell never came, yet the sound of a number of weapons being readied filled the air. Arvenell took joy in the fact he could identify each weapon by sound. A dozen spears and two swords, at least. He had no swords, he was on his back, and he was surrounded by most-likely hostiles.
I've gone and made a mess, he thought. or at least I will soon enough. Arvenell flipped over and grabbed his sword, using his unholy energy to grab the nearest thing that appeared armed. He raised his sword and prepared to smite the would-be attacker, when he realized what it was in his hand. At first he thought he had made a mistake and grabbed one of the steeds kept in the stable, right before he was corrected by the unicorn, as he realized, blasted him with a dull spike of blue magic. Two things flashed through his mind as Arvenell was thrown through the air. The first was that something was quite wrong, when a fully armored Death Knight didn't instantly inspire fear or dread in an enemy. The second was that for a pony, those things could hit hard.
Arvenell braced himself for another crash into the marble floor when he felt velocity suddenly stop. He looked at himself and realized that a faint yellow aura surrounded his armor. He was turned right side up and released, at which point he saw what he had been up against. It was not fourteen armed elves, but rather twenty heavily armed and armored... ponies? The things going through Arvenell's mind increased in number, now ranging from Where in Azeroth am I? to Did I just get beaten, then saved, by unicorns?
As Arvenell's thought process continued, the voice Arvenell heard during his first heart to heart with the marble floor spoke up again, and he was able to identify the origin as well. At the far end of the hall, to his left sitting on the larger of two thrones, was a strangely majestic creature. It, or rather she, was a winged unicorn with a pure ivory coat. She wore a crown with a precious looking gem cut into it, and a collar around her neck with a purplish gem in it. Her voice, now that Arvenell could hear it clearly, was filled with power as he had noticed before, but it was more noble than he originally thought. A certain elegance was in it, but, looking at the mare gave a sense of order to the room. She gave a single yes or no question, but it still put Arvenell at a lack of words by its demeanor.
"If you're quite done being beaten by my guards, could we discuss this like civilized beings?" Was the aforementioned question.
"I, ahem, suppose." Was all the death knight could respond after an awkward moment. He slung his sword over his back and made a mental note that has was most definitely NOT in Azeroth. Maybe he had just gone insane. Wouldn't be the first time...
"Well then, as you just got on the bad side of a recently promoted lieutenant," the winged unicorn made a slight gesture to the armored pony who had force fed Arvenell a dose of magic to the face. "as well the 'strange' circumstances of your arrival, I believe that we should speak in a bit of a private matter. Sergeant Whirlwind, please fetch Captain Permafrost for me. Our guest and I will be on our way to my sister's room." A shorter member of the guard, which Arvenell identified as a pegasus, oddly enough, gave a salute before flying out of the room. At this queue, Arvenell began to walk through the crowd of guards who were returning to their posts in the room towards the apparent monarch who was rising from her throne.
"You seem to be familiar with strange things happening, Lady...?" He asked when he neared the mystical being, which, unlike her subjects, could stare the six foot tall armored death machine in his eyes.
"I am Princess Celestia of Equestria, and to answer your other question, this castle recently acquired a new, er, more chaotic member to it's staff. Strange things crashing through the ceiling are a tad more frequent now than they were about a month ago. Please, follow me." The now identified princess motioned toward a side hallway, and began walking into it, giving Arvenell no choice but to follow.
"Strange would be a matter of opinion, if you don't mind me saying, milady." The perplexed human responded deftly, reverting to his more educated side.
"I know all about your kind, human. I know where you came from, in fact more about Azeroth than you most likely do, and all about your conflicts. I would say that it is quite fair to call you strange, and to be quite honest you should take it as a complement. It will most likely be the best you get from me." The demeanor behind the monarch's words dropped like a stone, and would have even stung Arvenell's heart, had he not heard worse on a weekly basis.
"Good. Then I can skip introductions and get straight to the point. I don't belong here." Arvenell responded with an edge to match Celestia's. He wasn't sure whether the princess rose one eyebrow or both at his response with her flowing mane blocking half of her face.
"By the stars, a human who doesn't instantly make himself the most important thing in the surrounding five miles?" The alicorn retorted, indicating she had only raised one eyebrow.
"You really don't like me, do you?"
"What was your first clue?"
"That second comment, the sarcastic one about humans." To this comment Celestia opened her mouth to respond, but was promptly interrupted by a large, gray, heavily armored unicorn breaking up their rapidly escalating arguement.
"If you're going to have an argument with anything here, human, you chose the worst pony to do it with." Came the casual voice of Night Captain Permafrost. "Then again, arguments come naturally to you, don't they?"
"Great. Another sarcastic magical pony. I'm guessing all your subjects know what I am, Celestia?" Arvenell sharply shot at the princess.
"Only Captain Permafrost here, my sister, who informed him, and myself know of what you are. And so far I see that being beneficial. Don't worry, Luna loves aliens, no matter how insanely dangerous they are." The princess answered. "And here we are. The observatory."
"I used to like horses before this." Arvenell mumbled to himself. As the two ponies and human walked into the circular room, Arvenell took a moment to marvel at the architecture, which seemed to match that of Uldaman, before having a golden hammer slam into him. A heavily armored Blood Elf in golden-red plate stood opposite him beside a shocked looking alicorn that looked like an indigo Celestia. The paladin drew his sword and shield and approached the rising human.
Arvenell chuckled. "You were right, Celestia. I am violent."

Author's Note:

Well this is something that had been in my head for awhile. A bit lacking on the dialogue factor, this chapter. That should change, as not every character will get a full chapter introduction.

I do not own World of Warcraft, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and any characters of them. Please support the official release.
(Well, of the first one I guess. You already support the second.)