• Published 26th Feb 2013
  • 389 Views, 9 Comments

Newtown Ponies - COMPLETELY DONE



A family of ponies move to the town of Ponyton, a small town just outside of Ponyville. Glitter, a young, anxious blank flank is determined to find her true calling. (This is my first story and I am young. Please leave comments free of vulgar.)

  • ...
1
 9
 389

When School Becomes a Prison for Ponies Everywhere

Newtown Ponies

"Don't be afraid, Glitter," the mysterious voice said. I could only hope that this was just another dream, but it felt so real. As the voice spoke, it sounded soothing, like I didn't have a reason to feel frightened. As I took a few steps forward, a door seemed to appear out of thin air. I flashed the light at the door that suddenly appeared.

"Alright, who is it this time?" I said trying to sound as bold and brave as I could manage. The whole situation had me flustered beyond a point that I was about to buck whoever came near me. After a few moments, I took a deep breath and opened the door, and there stood a grand sight. Somepony I definitely didn't expect. The Princess of the Night herself.

"Hello, I am Princess Luna," the regal alicorn calmly spoke, like defeating the ghost ponies was going to be a breeze. I thought to myself, I thought she was sent to the moon for almost destroying Equestria.

"Am I dreaming, because I think this is real, but I can't be sure.." I said, with a frown. Luna assured me that I was dreaming and insisted that I should let her handle the ghost ponies. With a punch and a kick, with a little magic thrown in, the ghosts disappeared into thin air.

"T-Thank you Princess Luna," I said respectfully. She smiled and winked at me before she left. Then, I woke up to the loud alarm.

"Time to get up, Glits!" Zen said in a cheerful voice. Normally, I would take the ladder down, but I was confused, I jumped off the side, falling on my face. After lifting myself up, I galloped to the kitchen, with a bowl of cereal in front of my seat. "Are you excited now?" Zen asked, hoping I would say yes. I looked at my bowl, then at her. I stirred my cereal around and gave a small sigh. Zen's smile turned into a crooked one, seeing the expression made me confess as I knew I could never lie to her.

"A little, I just hope I'm not the only 5th grade blank-flank," I said, with a tiny grin. Zen lit up like a Hearths Warming Eve tree. White didn't ay anything. He was tired and never really talked much in the morning. After rinsing out our bowls, we trotted to our rooms and tossed our saddlebags on our backs. Before I went outside, I checked my bag to see that I had everything I needed. When I saw that I had all the necessities, we headed out.

When we got to the bus stop, a teenager, about White's age, trotted beside us. White turned to her and offered a small smile, and they talked about this and that.. I didn't really pay attention. Zen and I just rolled our eyes, "Good old fashioned amore," Zen joked, I giggled, then I heard White say a very peculiar phrase, "Wanna go out?". The teenage mare responded in a most alluring voice, "Sure, I would like that,". I thought Zen's face was turning green.

The bus arrived, and I was the last of us to get on. I sat next to this earth pony. After a few moments, she started to converse with me, "Hi, I'm Starr Wave. Nice to meet you.". I grinned and introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Glitter, nice you meet you, too!" I said excitedly.

I thought about if she had her cutie mark. After waiting a moment I decided to ask her if she had her cutie mark as I think it would be a little awkward if I tried to look at her flank. She gave a small giggle and pointed to her blank flank.

"I cannot believe this! I'm a blank flank, too!" I shouted in a whisper. She smiled and we talked the rest of the way to school. Starr told me that the school was in Ponyville. And we found out that we both had family there. "Is there anypony else I should know about? Or be warned of?" I asked.

She bit her lip and took a deep breath. "Well, there is a filly, and her name is Crystal, daughter of Chrysalis, Queen Chrysalis," Starr said. I gasped, to hear such a dangerous filly is in that school. "She ran away from Chrysalis and she's been here in Ponyton since. But I've heard that she's been planning something since she was, like, 4 years old!" Starr added.

When we got off the bus, I witnessed my new school. The little filly standing there, was my cousin, Sweetie Belle! Her little friends Applebloom and Scootaloo was with her as she greeted me to the new school with open hooves. Then, a filly passed by, and it was none other than Crystal.

"Welcome to your new school, Glitter! I can't believe we are in the same school together!" Sweetie Belle said in her squeaky little voice. As we talked, I forced a smile, a bead of sweat dripping down my brow, what with Crystal watching me like a hawk.

"May I step in?" Crystal asked in a voice that sounded polite, but in a sarcastic way. "I am Crystal, daughter of Queen Chrysalis, not that I particularly enjoyed living with her," Crystal said with a sly smirk. I could tell she was evil the minute I met her, especially because she had that devilish tone in her voice.


At about 7:15, I headed to Mr. Crabbles’ class, Zen was already at the doorway while I was far behind.I heard a filly’s voice saying, “Look out!”.


“Umph!” I grunted when she wrecked into me.


“I’m sorry,” she said sincerely. My eyes spun around like a hamster on a running wheel.


I shook my head as I said “It’s okay, I’m Glitter, what’s your name?”.


“I’m Wild Y. Flyer. I prefer Wild, though,” she answered in a bold voice. “Are you in Mr. Crabbles’ classroom?” I asked before she answered “Yes, yes I am!”. We both trotted to the classroom. I trotted up 4 flights of stairs, while Wild flew up them.


Some time had passed and it was time for lunch. I had told Zen I would sit next to her and tell her about my day so far, but it was difficult to describe the odd day I have had! Wild and Starr were talking to each other about all sorts of things, some involving colts, recess, and middle school. I saw that Crystal was not sitting far from Zen. “I bet she’s out to ruin Ponyton.” I murmured to myself.


“You say something Glitter?” Wild asked in a giggly, but concerned way. The only reason she was giggling was because Starr had told a joke. She was confused at her thought of what I had said.


“Nah, I was talking to myself,” I said, awkwardly. Dumbfounded, Starr and Wild got back to their jokes. Crystal glared at me with the smirk passed down from her vicious mother, Zen waved at me and grinned. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom where in front of Scootaloo, whom was in front of Starr, who’s in front of Wild, who was in front of me.

“And the waitress said, what do you expect? It’s whole wheat bread!” Starr laughed toward Wild and they both guffawed at the joke, even though I thought it was a little corny. I had gotten my tray, when I bumped into Crystal. She glared with that smirk that has been repeated toward me.