• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 1,619 Views, 60 Comments

Your Little Butterfly - Mickey Dubs



The memories of a mare with a broken heart, and the story of the stallion who will scour the earth to find her and keep her safe...even from herself.

  • ...
11
 60
 1,619

The Fall

Alone on the mountain, Fluttershy breathed deep the cool twilight air and allowed her weary body some rest, stretching her limbs and hooves to work out the various knots and tangles her stint upon the summit of the world had created. The ends of the grass yielded themselves to her touch one last time, and as she gave them a playful ruffle she rose from the ground and shrugged off her blanket. As the blanket fell along her backside with a warm brush, the rushing cold made its presence known and whipped her hair from her eyes, permitting her one last glance over the valley. With a few steps forward and a warm grin, Fluttershy took special care not to lose her balance as she advanced on the cliff. Her smile grew ever-wider as the vista pushed everything else aside to make itself the sole locus of attention, the one most beautiful sight she would see.

What light had once reigned over the world had died away slowly under the influence of time and the sun’s slow parade through the heavens, and nothing but the sun's few stubborn beams which sliced through the air illuminated what remained in splashes of august light. Those same clouds which had once been tamed by the intrepid pegasi so far away roamed free as their shepherds laid down to rest, and those same birds which had once been so joyous and alive succumbed to their exhaustion, alighting to their homes in the forest below.

The land below was dark and hollow, cooling and dwindling away from view while the sun fought on to provide the last of its heat to be enjoyed and absorbed by the tired Earth. The world's grassy hair and the sunlight which filled the trees that dotted its surface betrayed its efforts to hide itself away from the light, denying the tired planet its overdue slumber.

The Earth was tired, but the sky?

It had never been more beautiful or more alive.

In the sun's final moments when its duty had been done and it awaited nothing but its slow slumber over the horizon, it ejected everything it had into one final burst of color and light, reaching its arms across the sky to rein in what it could. The remaining clouds tried to stifle and restrain those glorious rays... but their efforts were in vain, their cover too thin and too sporadic to hide the sun away. When that star could no longer stand to give it allowed itself one final release, one last display of power and courage.

One last chance to live.

It was as beautiful as their kiss, sealed away beneath her wings so that naught but the two of them, kept warm in the other’s embrace, could savor it. It was as comforting as her little glen so far below, silently tucked away for the next pair of lovers to find and wile away the hours within. It was just as lively and active as the valley laid out before her, one which danced and lauded the sun for its power by swaying and twinkling, reflecting the suns own light back so that that celestial sphere so far away could look and be proud of what it had accomplished.

It pulsed and danced! It moved and swayed and shook with power! The world was alive! The breath of the earth was given substance and form as the grasses swayed. The heat it expelled gave testament to its being. Its desires were made manifest as its hair danced and shimmered, as the sweat from its brow trickled down its craggy forehead and along its spine to meet the sea.

Though soon it would be dark there was now such beauty still hanging on, giving out what power it had left in a burst of color, forcing all who saw it to marvel in its splendor.

There was no better time than now. There was no time more appropriate or perfect than when even the earth below and the sky above gave into their exhaustion... when they too could no longer stand to give. They had provided so much life and love that now, when the world had taken in all it could, they had just enough for themselves. They had just enough to afford themselves some final minutes of warmth before dying away.

Fluttershy looked upon the world and surveyed the crags and rocky peaks in all their faraway majesty. She gazed upon the grassland and its trees and rivers, and as she stared out into the great wide open she found herself looking upon an equal spirit, a soul which was just as tired and spent. She looked upon the world and saw life in all its myriad forms: the fish which swam upriver to give life, and those birds of prey which soared above them bent on taking that life away. Fluttershy looked beneath her hooves to find the ants which gave their lives to support their kin, and in their deaths would be reused for the betterment of all.

She looked upon the world for a final time, and as she did she found herself staring back.

Those fish she watched in the river below were the same she had nurtured and protected from those self-same hawks and eagles above. She had guarded their eggs beneath her bridge and let them free to meet the sea when their times came. She had nursed the wings of those raptors, even if they had long since forgotten about her. She was a part of life! Her actions had supported the growth of the world, and in attending to those animals she had returned the energy she had been given to keep life moving along! She had such undefinable purpose, such great importance!

But she was no longer required. She had given everything to someone else. Her calling had been found, her life's work accomplished, and her love spent. The world required nothing more from her. Those beings she had shielded could protect themselves, heal themselves, give and take life away far better than she could. She had exhausted her supply and had given all she had to give, and in doing so the world had restarted, grown anew, used what life and love she had donated and magnified it ten-fold!

The sun could hide her failures with its glorious mask, wipe clean the slate she'd sullied with her renewed hesitations and her weakness. It would stand guard over her, give her all the warmth and love she would require before fulfilling her promise. The earth would find her and care for her, absorb her anew and allow her to be free to the wind to give unto the world her relinquished gift.

That would be her last request, her only need from the world in which she had flown as high as she was able.

She had looked upon the world from its apex, and now only the fall remained.

When all those separate scraps of time had been stitched together and cast into the light to absorb the sun’s dying heat and breathe deep the intangible succor of the world: Fluttershy gave them her heart’s blessing to fly away and alight on the wind. They had been her only warmth and source of solace on the mountain, but now they were redundant. The fire of resolve was warmer still than they, more intimate and close, and of her own construction.

She imagined those times tumbling on the wind as she had not too long ago, alone above the world, aloft on their own courage. But no matter what she did those times were lost, remaining only in her mind and immortalized on the pages of her journals. She gave them away to the strokes of quill on parchment and with every unwanted tear in her letter to Macintosh. They had been abandoned as she had been. She had left them behind without a look over her shoulder or a returning step to the farmhouse threshold. She had had no desire to stay with those pages or accompany the broken shards of her heart with an explanation.

Those memories didn't exist anymore, no matter how much time she could spend in their recollection. They were lost to her, no matter what she would sacrifice to bring them back.

They weren't real.

But did they really need to be?

Was tangibility a requirement for things to exist? Was having substance, form, and intention the standard for what could be considered true? Those days they'd spent together, their moments, their kisses... hadn't those existed? Those things had substance! They could be measured by physical touch and implicit memory, by two consenting souls and a shared desire! The brief moments when she had felt alive had been her happiest, her fullest! They would be the ones she would remember when she gave what love she felt back to the world!

But those things she'd felt, those things she still felt hiding away in her heart... could they be considered real?

She had felt excitement when she counted the days until his next arrival. She had felt utter joy when hesitation succumbed to will as his hoof succumbed to hers, alone in their glen, hiding from the world. She had felt such warmth and elation, such grand twitterpation and weightlessness when she’d drawn up what will they shared to make her love manifest in but a single kiss. She’d felt even more of that vivacious nectar when he’d returned it, when they remained on the mountain, lost in the other, forcing even the sun to blush.

She had felt fear when she had first met Macintosh. She had felt it close behind her when she made her move in the cottage. She felt it linger on her lips when she dove in. It had been there through everything, hiding behind her to sink its claws into whatever emotion stood at the ready awaiting its chance to make its grand debut. It lurked and snarled, whispering its insidious nothings to that terrified little hope that only wanted to become the centerpiece of some grand metaphysical stage in which it would be the sole performer.

But then, with his patience, her courage, his acceptance of her limitations, and her adoption of his qualities: her fear had receded. It had relinquished its hold and died away!

It had died, and only the living can die.

They had lived! Those things had been real too! That was the only explanation!

As Fluttershy stood and faced the world, she allowed it one final smile before drawing out the rope she'd tied about her waist, testing its strength in her teeth before wrapping it once about her wings, tying the ends into a little bow...

~~~~~

...just like the one on her present.

She'd hoped to find him and give to him another gift, to invite him to the dinner she was preparing for them to share. She hoped he would be home. She hoped to fold up against his chest and lose herself again, her heart carried away by those same butterflies she'd soared with.

But they, and he, were gone.

He hadn't responded to her knocks at the door. He wasn't just over the fence like he always made a point to do at lunchtime just so the two might share a glance, a little smile, before returning to their tasks.

The barn had been empty. The farmhouse had been quiet. The fields, the coops, and the orchards were just as barren. There was no crimson stallion there to receive her present. There was not a single soul at Sweet Apple Acres.

She carried her box on her back, a token of affection for the one stallion who adored her as she did him. It would be her grand entrance into the festive day on which she had never felt included. She had hoped he would like it. She had made it just for him.

He hadn't been in the market. He hadn't been with Applejack. He hadn't been anywhere she would have normally found him. He wasn't in town, in the library, or in the park.

He was in the sweet shop.


He wasn't alone.


The eatery had been adorned in all its Hearts and Hooves Day trappings. Their faces were lit up, obvious even through the dusty window. He was with another, a purple mare. He was smiling. His eyes were empty, for she had stolen them away. His smile was wide to match his partner’s.


Even through her swirling vision and the dusty windowpane, the two of them looked so...perfect...

~~~~~

Everything had been perfect once.

They had been perfect once.

Those days were gone now. His heart had been stolen away from her, borne on the wings of caprice and hesitation, given unto a mare who had the power to protect it. Macintosh had no need to sacrifice a part of himself for Fluttershy when the other mare had everything. He didn't need to be weak when Cheerilee required nothing but his love from him. She never needed those things Fluttershy had always lacked, those things which Fluttershy just couldn’t make on her own.

But it wasn't his fault. How could it have been? He had given himself up for Fluttershy! He had bled for her, suffered her crippling anxieties and her fearful nothings...all for her. And what had Fluttershy done? What had she given back? She had nothing to give, for he had given her everything! He had invested so much time and love that she was forever in his debt, that he had exhausted his supply and had moved on to protect himself from falling into that same empty hole Fluttershy had wallowed in her entire life.

How could she have been so foolish to think that this fantasy could ever have been reciprocated? How could she think herself ready to love, when she could barely love herself? How could she expect him to stay, to suffer more under her timidity, to give himself up for her when she faced those things which would be sure to come? How could she have asked him for that kind of sacrifice?

She had taken so much from him: love and patience, courage and time, his confidence and resolutions...all those things she never had. All those things she couldn't make for herself.

They were gifts.

They were debts.


And debts need to be repaid.


Tightening her rope further, Fluttershy advanced on the cliff and scanned the ground below for an easy path to accomplish her task.

She didn't need to hold onto those things anymore. In the fulfillment of her promise, they would be repaid! The loose ends he had unknowingly created would be tied together like the rope which held her wings to her sides. Those things she had borrowed would come rushing out of her, through the skin of her, to be caught by the light and scattered throughout the world.

He would find them again.

~~~~~

His pace quickened. The cresting light which streamed from the mountains beyond shimmered off a splash of cascading pink hair, glimmered off the smooth and iridescent yellow fur which shone in stark contrast with the encroaching darkness.

He couldn't run and scream at once, but he couldn't stop. He could only charge forward from the base of the hill where those butterflies had congregated before rushing to meet the two of them.

He prayed for their speed, to pick up the energy they had left in their wake to use for himself.

He prayed she would still be there to listen.

~~~~~

As Fluttershy peered over the cliff's edge, her fear took hold for a single moment and planted her hooves to the ground, sealing her wings to her sides in the places where the rope hadn’t tightened. The cliff was higher than she'd imagined it would be, and was only made worse as the ground grew darker, seemingly hiding itself away from her confidence. The sun hid its eyes behind the mountains, and that light which had once been her anchor dwindled as the sun watched with bated breath from around the peaks of the ranges beyond as she made her preparations.

"Courage, Fluttershy..." she sighed, stamping her hoof to cast a few hanging rocks from the edge to fall slowly to the ground below. “He wants you to be strong. He needs you to be strong.”

Peeking out once more over the cliff’s edge, Fluttershy held her gaze on the last flickering motes of light on the earth below. Though her eyes rebelled and pleaded to be shown some lesser horror, her trademark stare wrangled them in to look upon the world and what darkness reigned below. With every passing moment her body and her heart willed themselves to back away and protect themselves from the possibility of the fall... but Fluttershy gave her hesitations no quarter, no room to retreat.

Then, slowly, as her body gave in and her eyes held their watch on the earth below... the world began to move! The grasses which had hidden themselves away grew larger! The cliff became much smaller, more manageable, less imposing or terrifying! With a few more moments to bring back the world which her heart had pressed away, she broke her terrifying stare and found the cliff under her control. Her hesitations had given into her will and now there was nothing, no fall or vast moraine, no pain or future heartache, which could ever entreat itself into her well being. It was enough to bring back her smile.

With her courage, even the world was at her command.

Courage. Just one more thing she'd taken from him to never return, just one more squandered emotion on his part. It lingered still, affording her enough strength to control both herself and her timidity, to wrest control of the world from itself and grant her such power.

But still, it wasn’t hers. It could never be hers. She had taken it from him, stolen it away.

Why could he create so much, give so much away, and still be perfect? Why had his investment in her have grown so much throughout this day on the mountain and now, when she was so close to keeping her promise: decide to hide away? Why couldn't she produce her own? Why had she relied on Macintosh? Why had she relied on Rainbow Dash, and Twilight, and Applejack...

...On her friends?

With the blink of an eye the world grew silent. The rope around her waist grew thick and jagged when once it had been smooth, and that cliff which had once been encouraging and warm grew distant, cold, and dark. The frayed ends and little fibers of that cord now wrapped around her waist and wings became so rough and invasive that her wings pleaded for some respite... a brief moment of weakness to be shown some leniency.

But that little cord could never diminish the grand warmth which came streaming through her body as the bright and happy faces of her dearest friends slowly came to life all around her, standing right beside her, giving her their love.

They had given her just as much as he had! They had fought for her too! They had protected her, shielded her, gave themselves unto her wholeheartedly, without reservations or requirements, without caveats or conditions! The years they had remained by her side, overcoming impossible foes, tackling the toughest of challenges... they had been the happiest Fluttershy had ever been!

They would understand why Fluttershy needed to do as she did. They would see past their own pain and know in their hearts why this was her only option to spare herself. They wouldn't blame themselves, nor would they blame Macintosh. They wouldn't blame anyone, for only Fluttershy was to blame. Only Fluttershy had been weak. They would understand her limitations like they always had.

Applejack had always been honest with her, telling her to follow her feelings and rely on herself. She had shown Fluttershy that same kindness and compassion she herself adored, teaching her how to give herself wholeheartedly to those things she loved! In her actions and their time together, Applejack had shown that Fluttershy was only as strong as she let herself be, that there was such power waiting behind the curtain just hoping for a chance. If Fluttershy could find it within to be honest with herself: her true self would come peeking through, see the crowd that awaited her arrival, and see that there was nothing to fear.

Applejack would understand the need for Fluttershy to remain true to her promise. She would encourage her to be honest with her heart. This was her grand debut, and the world awaited her arrival. To Fluttershy, there could be no greater audience.

Rarity had given herself to Fluttershy with every fiber of her being, giving her the strength she needed to do the impossible! She had always given her love, her strength, and her kindness... even if she could keep little for herself. She was jealous at times. She would fight with Fluttershy about her decision, but in the end Rarity would endure the heartbreak if this was what Fluttershy wanted.

She would be generous enough to give her support. She would plant herself to the ground and not interfere even if everything she had told her to stop Fluttershy from what she wanted. She would know that Generosity sometimes means letting go of something, or someone, you love. She would understand in the end.

Pinkie had shown her that life wasn’t nearly as scary as she had made it seem, that all the world’s shadows were only as scary as Fluttershy allowed them to be. Even as the shadows grew about her and threatened her with all the implicit horrors of the world, Pinkie had shown her that only light can create darkness, that only happiness can destroy fear! The world grew brighter as she imagined her bouncing pink companion nearby, and with every bouncing step and happy giggle Fluttershy found her resolve and her smile again. Pinkie had such confidence, such wonderful power in every bounce that every time she came back to the earth below she unknowingly sent such wonderful ripples of calm and comfort through the air.

She might not laugh now, but when she saw what life Fluttershy had given back to the world she would feel her nearby and be just as elated as she always was. She would feel Fluttershy below her hooves with every bounce, and with every hop Pinkie would be reminded of their time together.

Twilight had brought her from the shadows. She had given her such kindness and understanding, little encouraging prods, and a new group of lifelong friends to make her life complete. There was nothing Twilight couldn't do, and with her confidence there was nothing Fluttershy couldn't do as well!

Twilight would understand. She would hold them all together like she always had, dispelling their pain and heartache with her leadership. Fluttershy would give back her Element for Twilight to find again, relinquish it for another worthy pony to bear. They would become Kindness Incarnate, and they too would have a new group of friends with whom to share their lives. They would feel the same life and love that Fluttershy had now, the same power which fed her reserves and kept her planted on the mountain. Twilight would make that happen.

The four of them had brought her from her despair, had given her the beginnings of those things which she and Macintosh would make complete. The four of them had been her rock, her shield, her pedestal, and her safe haven.

The four of them had been her world.

But there was one she would miss most of all... one who would fall alongside her and remain with her until the end.

She was loud, unforgiving, mean, and sullen on occasion. She had always been a firebrand, a mare who would stop at nothing to get what he wanted even if others suffered for it. She never meant to hurt. She never meant to alienate her friends. She was always able to change, to adopt those traits she needed to succeed and make herself better.

She had flown in during flight camp to protect Fluttershy and ever since then had always been there, right in front of her, holding her guard. She was here even now to watch over her, to protect her from anything the world would do to stop Fluttershy from what she wanted. Her own beliefs, needs, and worries were cast aside each and every day to ensure that her friends were never left high and dry.

Rainbow Dash would understand her reasoning, even if it didn’t match her own. Rainbow would feel her pain, even if she would never understand.

Rainbow would let her fall. She would allow Fluttershy to spare herself from an empty life.

She would fight. She would scream and cry and plead with her best friend not to do it. She would beg her to stay by her side, to be her friend even if that friend she so longed to have would be but the hollow husk of the one she had saved all those years ago. Rainbow would try and make her see that life still had purpose, that there was so much she had left to do and so many adventures they had left to share.

But then, slowly, she would let her best friend die. She would remain on the cliff and tell Fluttershy that everything would be alright. Rainbow would be right there to wipe away Fluttershy's tears and give her all the courage she could give, even if it meant she could keep none for herself. She would never deny her. She would never deny anyone their heart’s desire.

She would allow Fluttershy her final wish, even if her own heart broke in the process. She was strong enough to take it. She was brave enough to accept it. She would rally the five of them together. She would make them understand why Fluttershy needed to do as she must. Rainbow Dash would remain as Fluttershy left them behind to pursue a new adventure, and she would love her still.

They would all love her, despite the heartache. They would encourage her to do her best, to be herself, to follow through with her plans and aspirations. They would always be there for her, just as they had on that very first day... on their very first adventure, together as a team.


And now, at the end of everything, Fluttershy would do them proud.


She would be honest with herself like Applejack had been with her, for in her heart she knew this was what she wanted. This was how she would protect herself from the heartache which had already begun to tear her apart from the inside.

She would be generous and allow her shattered heart some rest from her attempts to force the pieces back together. She had tried, only to find that so much was missing. She had given them away, and now nothing fit the same way it had before. She would allow those pieces some rest. She wouldn’t bother them anymore. They had suffered enough.

She would laugh and smile, bask and revel, allow her heart to soak in the laughter and the joy of the world which Pinkie had always brought forth from the ground below. Even the earth, overjoyed in her presence, would relinquish so much of its power and throw her away from itself with each of her little bounces only to surge and grow warmer when gravity brought her back down again. And now, with Pinkie’s confidence nearby, Fluttershy was just as light. The world was just as soft and yielding. The ground below the cliff would be the same cushion it was for Pinkie, and the thought gave Fluttershy such courage.

Fluttershy would remain loyal to herself. She would wrangle in her hesitations and her timidity and force them to bend to her will with Rainbow’s power. She would remain steadfast, when everything else told her to run. She would be as strong as Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy knew her friend would follow her down to guide her to her final destination, whispering words of encouragement in the tendrils of wind she would pass through.

Twilight would keep them all together. She would hold the Elements together in Fluttershy’s absence. She would keep them from falling apart, dispelling their beliefs about their guilt and allow them to remain happy together. That was all Fluttershy had ever truly wanted, and Twilight was strong enough to do just that. As Fluttershy stood atop the cliff she could feel that purple mare right behind her, cheering her on, giving her one last tearful smile.

She would be courageous and strong for herself, for him, and for them. She had been happy in those fleeting memories just like Pinkie Pie would want her to be. She felt their love nearby, as if they were all thinking of her at the same time... as if each and everyone of them were on their way to give her their support.

She had her friends with her in spirit, their power feeding her own.

She had her love in her memory, and through it she would find solace and comfort.


She had everything she could ever need.

~~~~~

Macintosh had nothing.

Where once his pace had been light and furious it now dragged and stumbled with the weight of exhaustion and grief. Furrowed under his dragging hooves, Macintosh carved great gashes into the dirt below as he stumbled to the base of his final hurdle.

There was only one final hill which loomed over him as he struggled to breathe, and as he gazed to its apex he rested his frame with a free hoof.

She was waiting for him, just as she always had.

She would listen to him and his explanation for his uncontrollable behavior.

She would hear him out and forgive him, showing him the same kindness the Fates themselves had seen her to be the paragon of.

She would understand. All she had to do was hold on. All she had to do was listen.

His body rebelled and buckled under the pain, rejecting his begs for action as he fell to the ground. With every aching movement he found his limbs unable to keep up, and for the first time in his life: Macintosh’s body failed him.

But only for a moment.

With a shake of his head and a cry of pain he raised himself up from the ground, his legs quivering and quaking. With a final scream of her name Macintosh shook his limbs back into action as he took the first few steps forward, leaning forward to give power to his muscles, gazing up the hill as her name echoed around the mountain.

~~~~~

The wind picked up slightly, but it carried with it none of the same cold shivers as it had before. The last of the earth’s sound and sensation carried itself on the breeze, burrowing itself in her mane and playing with her hair as those butterflies had. What glorious memories it stored within itself! What grand messages and parcels the winds of life carried upon their backs!

Those winds would bring those butterflies home, safe and secure. Those winds had carried the sounds of her friends’ laughter and their joyous ruckus whenever Fluttershy had had the honor of seeing them.

The wind spoke her name even now, whispering from the hills and the valley below with a soft timbre and an easy lilting flow.

The world was at her back.

Her friends were by her sides.

Her love was safe and secure.

And with a smile and a slight lean forward, Fluttershy kept her promise.

The howling of the wind and the whipping of her hair died away as Fluttershy looked upon the valley and what splendorous energy remained still keeping it bright and vibrant. The grasses below were so very far away... but each of them waved for her, beaming with light as they awaited her arrival. The world was friendly, even now when she had chosen to relinquish her hold upon it.

But so very different from when she had taken her first fall all those years ago, when Rainbow’s ambition and her silence gave Fluttershy her first taste of the land below: there was no fear. There was no terror as there had been when the gangly legs of her youth had flailed about in the great emptiness and her tiny voice had screamed in protest. There were no screams of fright as the wind passed her by. There would be none now, now that the life the filly of her youth had so longed to see had been accomplished...now that her life's calling had been found, tended to, and finally completed.

Her confusion about her place in the world, her reluctance to take a stand for herself... all that had been assuaged when she’d touched down on the land below her home, caught by those same insects who had given themselves unto her one last time with Macintosh nearby. They had braced her filly form all those years ago and had given themselves up again to form another world to share, a world which rang with life and sound and color, one which remained below her feet and was always there to catch her when she fell. She had found her calling. She had found her salvation.

She had found another home.

One she shared and played in with her friends... one which waved and shimmered for her even now, awaiting her arrival lined in the last remaining lights of life.

One she shared with Macintosh, for however brief and blissful a time.

One she was prepared to give up, if it meant he would be as happy and safe as she felt now.

He remained still tucked away in her breast, giving her the last of his heat and his courage even as the whipping of the wind and the rapidly approaching ground gnawed at what reserves she had created throughout the day.

He was still there to guide her down, affording her his strength when she had all but lost her own. His image remained, his voice just as calming, his hoof just as tender and soft as it had been upon her face not too long ago. As she closed her eyes and allowed herself a few final moments to remember he came back to her from the darkness, stepping through the veil as he had upon the hill with his head held high and his smile wide.

Her closing eyes hid the world from view as nothing but she and him remained, the two of them together to play out what remained of her life. Even now he was smiling, beaming down at her, applauding her for her strength.

Even now, when all had been lost, was he smiling.

Nothing was wrong anymore. Everything had been forgiven. She was safe, and would be forevermore. She would live on in his memory just as she hoped she would, and in doing so:

She would be immortal.

As Fluttershy opened her eyes to find the world rushing forward to greet her, she basked once more as his love gave her one last donation of courage.

One last stroke of her hoof in his own to give her his confidence.

One last kiss for her lips to remember, even if it meant nothing anymore.

One final smile which, as it had in the marketplace, made the world fade away.

There was something in that face of his, in what smile he had even as she fell. What confidence he had! How brave he must be to watch her fall! It was almost as beautiful as the dying world which waited for her with open arms, which held in itself none of that same fear or trepidation she had felt when she was but a filly.

The world was hers, for she had given it life. Her heart was mended, for her friends were with her in spirit to follow her down and cry in joy for her accomplishment.

Her dearest love was by her side, holding her hoof in the darkness.




Her life was now finally complete, ending as it had truly begun:




With so many wonders.

~~~~~