• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 278 Views, 2 Comments

Destiny - wolfwarrior757



When a new threat comes to Equestria, the Princesses unite their powers to fight it, but to no use. Instead, an unlikely mare is the only pony who can stop it. But how?

  • ...
 2
 278

The Attack

"Oh," Lyra said, disappointment in her voice. "well."

"Don't worry," Princess Celestia said. "I'm sure the dreams will go away soon."

CRASH!!! BOOM!!!!

Their heads spun in the direction of the window, and when they looked out they saw that two buildings had collapsed, and ponies were panicking and screaming.

"Princess!" A guard called, running up to them. "We are under attack!" He panted.

"By whom?" Princess Celestia demanded.

"We are not sure," the guard said, catching his breath. "but buildings are collapsing and ponies are being injured!"

Princess Celestia frowned.

"Bring me my sister, and the other princesses," Celestia ordered. The guard nodded, then ran off.

"What should I do?" Lyra asked, eyes wide with fear.

"Go see to your friends," Celestia told her. "I will handle this." Lyra nodded, and ran as fast as she could out of the door. There were more guards in the room, talking with one another. Colgate, Berry Punch, and Bon Bon, were all talking softly.

"Lyra!" Colgate exclaimed when she saw her. "Your back! What did the Princess say about your dreams?"

"She said she had no idea, that the villain was from beyond her knowledge." Lyra replied.

"So you didn't get an answer?" Berry asked.

"No answer," Lyra confirmed. Bon Bon wrapped her arm around Lyra.

"Don't worry," Bon Bon comforted her friend. "We've more things to worry about, like this attack."

"Where's the Princess?" Berry asked suddenly.

"I have no idea," Lyra replied. "All we can do is hope the attack stops."
**********************************************************************************************************

Princess Celestia walked onto the balcony. Buildings were on fire, ponies lay scattered everywhere, some injured, some dead. Ponies screamed and panicked everywhere. In the distance another building fell. Princess Celestia frowned.

"Well well well."

Princess Celestia looked around. "Who's there?" she shouted. "Show yourself!"

"If you say so..."

In front of Celestia a form manifested. It revealed a light gray mare with a flowing black mane and tail. She had piercing icy blue eyes, a unicorn horn and pegasus wings, and her legs were rather long. She smiled, revealing pointed teeth.

"Long time no see, Celestia."