• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 635 Views, 18 Comments

Letters from the Unicorn - moonblossom131



Rarity got a new job in Canterlot: designing for the top ponies in all of Equestria! But it comes with a price. Rarity sends letters to her friends back in Ponyville, and they will soon find out about what Rarity REALLY does.

  • ...
7
 18
 635

Reply to Letter 4

Dear Rarity,

We looked in my History of the Palace Dungeons edition of the encyclopedia after you told us where Elixtricate was! We finally found out all about him. We know absolutely everything about him now. Well, everything except for his biggest weakness... Rarity, we will visit as soon as we can. But maybe you can tell us in the next letter? It will take us a while to visit because we are all so busy here in Ponyville! Even Pinkie shortened her visit to her family at the Rock Farm just to save Equestria. Please, Rarity, stay under cover. You may have switched to dragon mail, but I don't think that's cover enough. Please take into consideration all of my suggestions from the previous letters. But Fluttershy has a little more information on Elixtracte you may want to hear, if you haven't already.

Rarity! This is urgent! I'm not my usual shy self. I haven't been ever since I found out this new information. The princesses may have been lying before, but now their just lying to you even more! It turns out that Elixtricate was the supreme ruler of our world! He was the one who created hate, agony, and fear. The princesses' parents were the ones who eventually turned him to stone and overthrew him, just like Celestia and Luna did with Discord. But the magical stone casing was not strong enough to hold Elixtricate. He escaped from the casing, and tormented creatures of all different species. Eventually, he found his way to Equestria after leaving his isolated cave in the faraway mountains. His magic was so strong that the princesses' father disappeared right in midair. No pony has seen him since. The princesses' mother, Queen Goldenray, had just given birth to Luna. She evacuated all of pony kind to Canterlot and placed a masking spell over the entire city. Ponies lived in horrible conditions and in fear for decades. When Celestia turned twenty years old and Luna turned seventeen, Queen Goldenray decided that enough was enough. She left Celestia in charge of the ponies. Queen Goldenray went in search of Elixtricate. She finally returned after another thousand years. Elixtricate was not a prisoner. He had agreed to work with the princesses at first. But this is where he differs from Discord. The changing spell wore off on Elixtricate because his heart was truly dark. So Goldenray, Celestia, and Luna all put together their magic to permanently chain him in the cellars. The Royal family agreed that someone should watch over him. So it was unanimously decided that Goldenray were to stay with Elixtricate. It seems that the influence of being around an evil being was a little brain-draining or something, but in the book it said that Goldenray grew to trust the monster. She eventually grew to love the hideous creature. The two grew very close, but Elixtricate did not return the love. Goldenray was tricked into giving birth to the creature's son, who was named Creature of Chaos. Soon after Discord's birth, Goldenray was imprisoned in a fountain that only appears once a year, each time in a separate place. There's a whole other legend on this. But Celestia and Luna were heartbroken. They fought for control over Equestria, with Elixtricate and his son ruling one half and the sisters ruling the other. It was therefore named the Dark Ages. Discord was eventually placed into stone. Elixtricate and the sisters made a deal. If Goldenray was kept alive, then the Princesses would keep Discord alive. So, Elixtricate was ordered every so often to make small disasters happen to keep the deal undercover. Everypony thought that Elixtricate was destroyed. Well, everyone except for the author of this encyclopedia. Twilight says he lives with the princesses. A spell was cast on him so he could live almost as long as the princesses without being an alicorn. He is the oldest living pony that isn't part of the Royal family. After the incident, Celestia and Luna combined their magic so that no pony would even remember Elixtricate. But because of the Encyclopedia, Elixtricate is still given the orders. Maybe even as we speak! Rarity, I don't think that we need to find the elements to maintain Equestria. We need the royal family and the most powerful ponies known to ponydom.

Rarity, we've thought it over. What Fluttershy is saying makes sense. We need the help of Celestia, Luna, Starswirl the Bearded (the author of the Encyclopedias), Twilight, and we some other ponies. Next time we visit, the search begins for King Night Sword and Queen Goldenray.

Dutifully and Knowledgeably,

Twilight, Fluttershy, and the Elements

Author's Note:

Sorry if the backstory doesn't make much sense. I will go back and revise if I need to!