• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,224 Views, 47 Comments

The Game Of Life - Luna Plays Minecraft



When Rainbow Dash is killed, she is allowed another chance to live. All she has to do is roll the dice to determine her next lifetime.... Sequel to Feelin' Princessy.

  • ...
2
 47
 1,224

Chapter 4: Second Life Part 2

Lyra woke up early the next morning, suddenly motivated to finish a very special song she had been working on. This song was to be played at the Grand Galloping Gala next month, and she needed to make it perfect. She walked into the bathroom to begin her morning routine: Brush teeth, brush hair, annoy Bon Bon. Er, scratch that last part. Anyways, Lyra began to brush her teeth-like always- when she looked into the mirror. There, she saw two mint green wings stuck to her sides. A toothpaste/saliva mix began to ooze out of her mouth. Lyra spat into the sink and washed her mouth off, not quite sure on how she should react.

"Bon Bon!" She hesitantly called, eyeing her new appendages.

"I'm in the bathroom!" A sweet reply came from the second bathroom in the house.

"Bon, I would really appreciate it if you came in here!" Lyra called again.

"Please Lyra, i'm in the shower. Can't it wait?" Bon Bon yelled.

"No!" Lyra yelled back, starting to nervously brush her mane. She heard a door open, and a soaking wet Bon Bon walked into Lyra's bathroom.

"WHAT?" Bon snapped, wrapping a towel around herself.

"I think the tooth fairy finally paid me back for that one year..." Lyra told the cream colored earth pony, whose eyes widened in realization. That blue an pink maned mare soon fainted. Lyra sighed, and made sure her roommate was not dead.

"That could have gone better. Or worse. At least she didn't scream." Lyra said to herself. Suddenly, a sickening scream erupted from the unconscious mare. "How did she even do that?" But the mint green mare did not question it any further, and left Bon Bon on the floor of the bathroom.


Twilight Sparkle had just finished re shelving the library, when Lyra walked in, and she reeked of illusion magic.

"Uh. hi Twilight. I, uh, was wondering if you have any books on wings." Lyra stuttered.

"That depends, what kind of wings are you interested in?" The purple alicorn asked. Twilight didn't live at the library anymore, being a princess and all, but she still enjoyed working there whenever she could.

"Well, um, Pegasus wings. Yes, pegasus wings. They simply fascinate me." Lyra said with a nervous smile. Twilight wasn't buying it.

"That's interesting, because I remember you saying you were going to be working on your music all week." Twilight said, causing Lyra to gulp.

"Uh, yea, about that. I just haven't been inspired lately, that's all!" She said with a nervous chuckle.

"That, or, maybe you're a changeling!" Twilight snapped, and fired a quick anti changeling spell at the mint green mare. It caught Lyra by surprise, and was hit right in the chest, forcing her to drop her illusion. She was blown across the room, and hit a nearby bookshelf, causing the books to fall on her. There sat not a changeling, but an unconscious Lyra. But there was something different about the mare. Something Twilight couldn't quite place her hoof on. But then, realization smacked her in the face. Lyra had wings! That was why she wanted a book on wings, that was why she was using illusion magic and why she was acting so strange.

"Oh, Lyra! I'm so sorry!" Twilight gasped, and raced over to the mare, whose eyes slowly opened.

"It's okay, Twilight. I should have done a better job at hiding these things." Lyra said with a chuckle. Twilight helped her up, and got out a book on wings.

"Here you go Lyra. Pegasi and Their Wings by Glimmer A. Hoofington." Twilight said, handing the book to Lyra.

"Thanks, Twilight. I guess I'll just be off-

"Wait!" Twilight said, and cast a spell on Lyra. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me what happened, but you can't just go walking around without a disguise. This is the spell I use on Vinyl Scratch. It will hide your wings much better than the spell you were using," The alicorn told the other alicorn. Lyra thanked Twilight, and left the library.


"Lyra, that's the fifth time you've read that book. Take. A. Break." Bon Bon told the mint green alicorn.

"Sorry, Bon, but I want to get this right. I've got wings now. I don't know why, but I have them. So, I intend to use them," Lyra said, putting the book down.

"Why don't you go test them out now, and do trial and error," Bon suggested.

"That's a great idea! Thanks for your help, Bon!" Lyra said, and was off. When she was gone, Bon Bon breathed a sigh of relief.

"I thought she would never leave," Bon Bon said, and reluctantly picked up an ink jar, a quill, and a piece of paper.

[Information Denied],
Lyra has acquired wings. This may prove your suspicion correct, but i'm not sure. She acts like she has no idea about why they are there, but she may be acting.If this does turn out to be true, please, don't hurt her. She's a good friend and roommate, and I couldn't bear to see her hurt.

Signed,
Bon Bon


Lyra stood at the top of Ghastly Gorge. She figured that no one would disturb her here. She set her saddlebags on the ground, went over her notes one more time. She really hoped this worked, because she couldn't afford a fall like that. This made her wonder why she had chosen this location again. It seemed so familiar, yet she had never been there before. She cleared such thoughts from her mind, and spread her wings.

"I hope these work as well as my last ones." She said, and jumped.

Author's Note:

Well, here it is. I would have had it done sooner, but like an idiot, I didn't save and accidentally deleted the whole chapter. Good job, Luna, good job.

And so, the plot twists! Who is Bon Bon working for? Where the heck is Spike? Is the tooth fairy real? Some of these questions will be answered in the next chapter!