• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 1,228 Views, 6 Comments

A Polarizing Revelation - RamenWolf1485



Twilight Sparkle... Unicorn, Librarian... Mother?!

  • ...
5
 6
 1,228

Chapter 3

Twilight stood there, frozen in place, unable to move. Her friends had prepared a personal party for her coronation and alicornization… great, just right after she had relinquished that. What a way to go.

She stood there as her friends stared at her with big grins. AJ was the first to break the awkward silence.

She leaned over to Rainbow Dash, smile still being held, and whispered out of the corner of her mouth, “Yuh think we overdid it?”

“Not sure, maybe she’s just in shock.” Rainbow replied.

“Somethin’ ain’t really righ’ here.” AJ dropped the smile and put her hoof to her chin, scanning over Twilight, “Twilight… Where’re your wings?”

“Uh… I… Uh…” Twilight couldn’t think. Dear Celestia this was gonna be way harder than she thought!

“Wait…” Rainbow dropped her smile and examined her as well, “WAIT! WHERE ARE YOUR WINGS?”

“W-well, you see, Dash… they’re… uh… gone.”

“G-g-gone..? Y-you mean… we can’t… Fly together now… but… why would… no…” She started crying and flew for the door, but AJ grabbed her tail by her mouth.

“Whoa there, nelly… Dontcha wanna let Twi explain the situation first?” She reasoned, mouth full of rainbow-colored tail.

Rainbow turned around, tears streaming down her face, “I-i…” She took off, slamming the door as she whizzed past the Princess, who had just walked in with Polaris.

“Something wrong with Rainbow Dash?” The regal alicorn asked.

“She’s… upset… your… YOUR HIGHNESS!” AJ bowed immediately, as did Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy, “D-didn’t ‘spect tuh see you ‘ere…”

Celestia chuckled, “Well this is an informal visit, no need to bow, I’m not on royal duty at the moment.”

The three ponies raised their heads, “Ah, That ‘splains it…”

Rarity stepped forward, a slight frown on her face, “So, Twilight, darling… what ever happened to your lovely wings?”

“Twilight will explain that in due time, but I think it’s high time we reveal why I traveled here with her, and also the reason she lacks her alicorn look.” Celestia smiled down at Twilight, “Twilight came to me about a night ago, with a request… a request to be de-crowned a princess and turned back to her normal self.”

Pinkie gasped, “WHAT?! Why would Twiley want to do that? I mean, we had this party all set up and I knew it was gonna be a blast but now we can’t have an alicorn party or a party at all because Twilight is no longer a princess or an alicorn and without those two things you can’t have a princess nor an alicorn party, and I had prepared this special punch from boysenberries, which are really good berries though I don’t know why they rhyme or sound like poison, though I get there are poisonberries but I don’t know about that, maybe Zecora kn-MMMPH!” Her mouth was suddenly full of AJ’s hoof.

“Pinkie!” she turned to the Princess, “Sorry, Princess…”

Celestia merely chuckled, “It’s quite alright, my little pony… As I was saying, Twilight wanted to become her old self again. And why you may ask? Well…”

“I’ll take it from here, Princess…” Twilight stood up, and began to speak.

Suddenly Polaris ran up to her from underneath Celestia, and grabbed her front right leg, holding tightly, nuzzling her leg.

“Oh, Twilight, who’s this little fellow here? He’s absolutely adorable!” Rarity squeed.

“Twilight, who’s the cutie-patootie little colt there???” Pinkie hopped on over.

Fluttershy merely sqeaked, but trotted over to examine the little colt anyways, wondering who the adorable thing belonged to.

“This… uh… this… is… uh…” Twilight was at a loss for words, but her son wasn’t.

“Mommy…” He kept nuzzling her leg, and looked up at her with his big, soft, lavender eyes, just begging for attention, “I’m… hungry.”

Every mare there, the Princess included, nearly had a cuteness-induced heart attack, in which AJ, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie next realized what the little colt had said.

“MOMMY?!” They all exclaimed as one.

Polaris ignored them and nuzzled Twilight's leg again, “I want food…”

Twilight smiled down at him, “Ok, sweetie… mommy will get you something~” She got up, “Girls… excuse me while I fetch my son some food.” She escorted him out of the main lobby and into the kitchen quickly.

“Did that colt really just call her ‘mommy’?” Rarity seemed shocked.

“Darn tootin’! She even called him ‘her son’, boy howdy, this is insanity, Twilight, a mother… who woulda thunk?”

“You mean, who would have thought, Applejack.” Rarity corrected her.

“Yea, whatever.”

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait…. WAIT! So Twiley is a mommy??” Pinkie scooted between AJ and Rarity.

“It sure seems thataway.” AJ replied.

“I’m sure Twilight is proud… only one question… why did she not tell us? By the looks of that colt, he’s well past a couple years old. I’d say she had to have been pregnant before even first coming to Ponyville.”

Flutterhy interjected, “Maybe she was just scared that we’d… dislike her. Or maybe something less cruel… like just not like her anymore?”

“Fluttershy, darling, what would make you think that?”

“Obviously, somepony ‘ere forgot ‘bout the letter incident.”

“Oh, right… I cannot believe I forgot about that day.”

“So, let me get this straight…. Twiley has been hiding the fact that she’s been a mommy for HOW LONG?”

“Probably a while, given how old the colt seems… probably a bit over a couple years old, I daresay.”

“What makes you a specialist on foals, now, Rarity?”

“Unlike some ponies in this room , I actually read educational materials, not some dirty old magazines or do-it-yourself ones…. Although I do have a subscription to Hoof-Stitched monthly…”

“…Righ’. Anyways, why don’t we jus’ get on in there and find out why she’s been hiding this colt?”

“Maybe she’ll let me hold him… oh he’s soooo cute~ I’m going to go get a better look at the little guy~” Fluttershy squeed, making her way for the kitchen.

“Well, might as well. We are not going to get any answers just standing around.” Rarity followed after her.

“Of course!” Applejack followed suit.

“Hey! Don’t forget me!” Pinkie hopped along behind them.

Twilight was busy pouring a bowl of Cheerios for Polaris, and sat the bowl in front of him. The young colt gathered up what magic he knew and levitated each piece to his mouth, to eat, of course. He only could levitate one at a time, due to the fact his magic had still not fully developed, “Eat up, Polaris~” Twilight giggled as she exited the room opposite the doorway from the main library, into the storage room.

Fluttershy was the first to enter the kitchen, and made her way to the young colt. Polaris turned to look at her as he popped another Cheerio into his mouth.

“Umm… Hello… little guy… oh you’re so cutesy-wootsey with your little cowpony hat~” She took her hooves and put one on either side of his face, smashing his face into a “o” shape.

Polaris squirmed and whined as the yellow mare grabbed his face. Suddenly he vanished in a flash of light, and reappeared on the opposite side of the table. He started backing away from Fluttershy when he bumped into something. Something… warm. He spun around hoping to see his mother but instead came face-to-face with Rarity.

“Oh, he’s just a darling little colt~!" she chimed. "I could use him as a model for a clothing line for foals! That way they can be fabulous at a young age!” She tried to pick him up, as Fluttershy walked around the table.

“Oh… d-don’t be scared little guy…" the pegasus cooed, trying to keep her voice calm. "You’re just… so cute… Eeee!” It wasn't easy. Polaris scrambled away again.

He then backed into yet another soft object, this time when he spun around it was Applejack.

“Howdy there, littl’un… My, sure is a fancy hat ya got there… Migh’ expensive ah reckon… can ah… try it on?” She started for his hat but he disappeared yet again.

This time he re-appeared in a dark closet, and sighed, finally able to get away from all those mares. All he wanted now was to find his mom, and hide behind her. Convinced he couldn't find his way out, he started trying to produce a light with his horn. After a few unsuccessful attempts, he had one that stayed lit. As far as he could tell, he was somewhere in the back of the pantry. He turned around- “HIYA THERE! I’M PINKIE PIE! AND I’M HERE TO MAKE YOU SMILE!”

Polaris backed against the wall as the pink mare jumped out in front of him. He opened his mouth as if to cry, but nothing was coming out. “Oh, c’mon! Let’s turn that frowny, upside downy!” She said, as her head seemed to flip a full 180 degrees.

Polaris was scared stiff, he had had enough… He jerked away from Pinkie and yelled out “MOMMY!”, and instantly vanished in another bright light.

“Aww…. Guess he didn’t want to play…”

Twilight, upon hearing Polaris' cry for help, burst down the door, nearly bowling Rarity over.

“OW! Now really, you really should-!” But she couldn’t finish as a bright light engulfed the room and Polaris reappeared one last time. On seeing his mother, he ran straight to her, crying.

Twilight quickly scooped her son up. She cradled him in her forelegs as she sat down on her haunches. “There there, Polaris… Calm down… mommy’s here… Mommy’s here…” she whispered and started stroking his mane.

As Polaris let out a choking sob into his mother's embrace, Twilight stared down the 4 mares in the room, including Pinkie, who had just fell backwards out of the pantry.

“Now WHAT in Equestria happened here?!” Her face was turning red from fury, her son was upset and she knew something went down.

“M-ommy… they… sniff… wouldn’t leave… me alone… and… … s-….scary…” Polaris buried his face in his mother’s shoulder and kept crying.

“Twilight, darling… we were just-“

“Tormenting an innocent young colt! Shame on you! All of you! You should know better than to crowd a young foal like that! Especially when he’s not really had any sort of social contact! You could have traumatized him!” Oh, she was furious.

“Oh, Twilight… we’re so sorry… we just… wanted to meet him…” Fluttershy hung her head in shame and dug her hoof at the ground.

“Ya, I’m sorry too, Twiley… Guess we should’ve asked first…” Pinkie took the mop bucket off her head and laid it aside.

“Ah’m sorry too, Twi… We shoulda known he wouldn’t be used tuh company…”

“Rarity?” Twilight glared at her.

“…I’m… I’m sorry too, I got carried away with my own dreams, I forgot I was dealing with a darling little colt… I’m so sorry, Twilight…”

Twilight sighed, “You’re all forgiven, but remember next time, don’t, and I mean DON’T crowd my son.” She said sternly, getting up as Polaris lay on her back.

Celestia took this awkward pause to enter the room, “I assume you all have met Polaris, then?” She smiled, trying to act like she hadn't been watching from the doorway.

“Princess! Where have you been?” Twilight looked to her.

“Uh… Mare’s room. I might have eaten too much cake at your coronation…. Ugh…” She hung her tongue out, “Anyways I see we may have had a small… spite, here.”

“Princess… We’re awfully sorry but we just… got carried away…” Rarity looked down.

“I’m guessing you accidentally ganged up on the poor colt?” She chuckled, “It’s fine, as long as Twilight has forgiven you it’s quite alright.”

“Thank you, Princess…”

“So does this mean we get to throw Twilight…” Pinkie gasps, “A BELATED BABY SHOWER?????” She bolted into the main lobby.

“Oh boy… This will be… interesting.” Twilight shook her head, “Typical Pinkie…”

Suddenly a voice came from upstairs, “Would you guys KEEP IT DOWN down there? Some of us are trying to sleep!”

“Seems we woke up a sleeping dragon, eh, Twilight?” AJ chuckles.

“I nearly forgot he was asleep! Oh well, I’ll make it up to him in the morning…” She giggles.

Tomorrow would prove to be a very... interesting day. That is, if Twilight can find Rainbow Dash, who seems to have been forgotten in the foray. Only time, and friendship, will tell if she can accept this... unusual fate for her friend.

Author's Note:

FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY. Welp, here's the shortest chapter thus far. Still waiting on my story's new logo. But anyways, feel free to critique and hate on it and all that shizz... Thanks for reading!