• Published 27th Jan 2012
  • 1,328 Views, 16 Comments

Being Purple - AppleGothic



Spike leaves the mane six in search of someone that is drawing him closer, ever so closer to her.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,328

[Chapter 2] Dunes

Chapter 2
~~~Amethyst~~~
Amethyst laid on a blanket, a small fire was created near her, and the flames reverted away from her, but not detracting heat. She felt Spike was asleep, "My mate snores..." she rolls over, looking up at the starry sky. She pointed at a constellation, tracing out Orion, the Pegasus. Then she traces Twilight, the Unicorn, located right next to Orion. She thn traced the heart of red stars that lay between them..."It's beautiful..."
Amethyst turns to see who spoke, but nothing but air was around, "I didn't hear you get up, Spike..."

~~~Spike~~~
Spike lays awake, trying to sleep. Then, a line appeared in the sky. The line bent, connecting stars in the form of a Pegasus, then another forming a unicorn, the star lovers, "It's beautiful..."
"I didn't hear you get up, Spike," Amethyst replied.
"I never fell asleep, Amethyst..."
"That's too bad...no wonder I couldn't sleep...one of us isn't tired..."
"That makes sense..." Spike sat up, "I'm gonna keep walking...Nothing much to do out here anyways."
"That makes sense..." She repeats, and then gets up, "I might as well do the same..."
After the sun was up, Amethyst had stopped for something, "What's wrong?"
"It's…it's nothing…" she pauses, "You can see it can't you…"
In Spike's head, she was holding a Sandwich. Made from Pickled Rubies and a few tinplates of Topaz, "No…but I wish I had it…"
"SHUT UP!" she yells at him, and she starts eating, "Don't make fun of me…" two voices were heard, one of her eating, and one as clear as day.
"What do you mean…I like the-"
"I'm sensitive about my weight…" she takes another bite, a hard crunching as she digs into the Topai(or Topazes…or-).
"What that supposed to mean? Gem can't make-"
"I DON'T CARE!"she takes another bite, 'Damn this thing is good…' she thinks to herself. and he smiles widely.
"Okay…I'll also have something then…" he sits down, and pulls out a bottle and he pulls out a thin blue-stained Emerald. He starts sucking on the gem, and puts the jar away, holding the gem in his teeth, "you may think what you want…but I like the taste of gems."
"Whatever…I just- the hell is that?"

~~~Amethyst~~~
Amethyst sat there, eating her sandwich, "Whatever…" she takes another bite, "I just-" a loud sound from behind her caused her to turn around. She was just in time to see the plume of sand to start to come down, "…the hell is that?"
"What is it?" Spike asked, "Is there something out there?"
"I don't know…it-" right in front of her, a giant sand wyrm burst from the ground, it's flakey brown wings-like fins flash out, and it lets out a bellowing screech. Amethyst ducks out of the way of his mouth, slamming int the ground. his teeth were as long as a pony's leg, and something told her that getting hit was a bad idea. She ran, or tied to, as fast as she could, but the Draconic worm had coiled around, and blocked off her exits.

~~~Spike~~~
Spike feel terror.
He tries to see what she's seeing, but he can't form her exactly. Then he feels…calm…then pleasure…then victory, and then came her voice, "Spike…you still there?"
"Amethyst…what happened?"

~~~Amethyst~~~
"It's okay spike," she replied, "it's gone now…I think it just didn't want something a fraction of his size…"
Spike was silent, "It's just good to know you're okay…"
"Yeah…I'll keep walking now…" she said, steping over the mangled body of the sand wyrm, "how about you?"
"That sounds good…just hope he doesn't come back to look for you…"
She kicks the face of the odd draconic beast, "Okay…I'll be on the look out…"

After about another day of walking, they were about 2-3 Kilometres away from eachother, when Spike replies, "Amethyst...do you see that in the distance?"
She looks up, and out of the sand came a rising tower of Marble, making it reflect the sun, "You mean the tower?"
"Yeah...We're getting pretty close to eachother, now..."
"Yeah, it's pretty nice..." then she stopped, "That's a spire like that doing in the middle of the desert?"
"Whatever it is, it's leaning us to it..."
Amethyst climbs a rise in the sand and was looking down on a huge city, the denizens of which were out of range, but a soft purple glow engulfed the city.
"Purple..."
"Hm?"
"Spike...I think we're home..."