• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 502 Views, 6 Comments

New Cloudsdale - KenSES64



It's been 200 years since the return of the Crystal Empire. Equestria has grown and has many new cities. One of these cities is known as New Cloudsdale.

  • ...
1
 6
 502

Chapter IV

Chapter IV

Steam Valve followed the one mobster that was sent to keep an eye on him, the gargoyle Sparks, to a rooftop across from a nightclub. Steam was nervous about the fact that in a short while he was going to have to shoot and kill someone. Well, it was either that or be killed himself.

‘This is all your fault, Left! You just had to jam one of the machines! If it wasn’t for you I’d be back home with Clementine, and not with some Gargoyle, a couple of minutes away from murdering someone! Murder for Celestia’s sake!’

Sparks looked at Steam. Seeing a slightly scared look on his face, he let out a sigh.

“I can see you don’t want to do this,” he said.

“Huh?” Steam responded.

“You aren’t up to this and the only reason you’re here is because of some unfortunate circumstances.” He holds up the gun and says, “So I’ll do it.” Steam’s jaw dropped.

“R-Really? Why?”

“I just said why, you shouldn’t have to do this, so you won’t. I’m used to doing stuff like this. So I’ll shoot him and just say you did it.” Steam couldn’t believe what he was hearing, but hey, he’ll take it.

“Tha...” He began to say, only to be shushed.

Right then someone walked out the backdoor of the night club. It appeared to be a zebra stallion with the black and white stripes and everything, but something else stood out about him. He had a unicorn horn as well. His mane was unkempt with the same black and white stripes as his coat. His flank appeared to be a Zebra’s tribal tattoo in the shape of what appeared to be a vinyl record. He wore a pair red sunglasses and glowstick rings around his legs. Steam also noticed that he wasn’t wearing cloud boots, so that could only mean that he knew a cloud walking spell.

‘Huh, he must be a hybrid, like Clem.’ Steam thought to himself.

Sparks lifted up the gun, aiming it at the Unibra... Zebicorn... Whatever he technically was, and pulled the trigger.

Before the Zebra/Unicorn could realize it, a bullet went right between the eyes, through his skull, and exited out the back of his head. The result was a blood splatter on the wall behind him before he fell onto the clouds. After a second he sank through them, falling several hundred feet into the ocean below the city.

Steam felt like he was about to throw up, but somehow managed to keep it together.

“See. No offence, but I don’t think you could of done that.” Sparks said to him.

“W-Who was he? Why did he have to die?” Steam asked.

“His name was Zarjazz. He owed us to much money for too long, so he had to cut off from his shipment.” Sparks explained with little emotion.

“How can you say that so easily?!”

“After being in this line of work for so long, you just get used to this sort of thing. Now I think it’s best if we get out of here before any cops show up.”

Steam nodded in agreement.
______________________________________________________________________________

Steam was brought back to the blimp with Sparks, who walked into Mr. C’s office with him.

“Try to look slightly traumatized.” Sparks whispered to him.

‘Not the hard to do.’ Steam thought.

They made their way to the mob boss’ desk.

“So, did you give our good friend Zarjazz his little gift?” The pony in the shadows asked.

“Y-Y-Yeah.” Steam lied.

“He fell through the clouds,” Sparks added. “The fish are picking at him now.”

“Maybe some seaponies found him.” Mr. C said with a chuckle.

‘Seaponies? Seriously?’ Steam thought to himself, ‘That old story is almost as fake as the one of rainbows being made from foals.’ Mr. C rested his elbows on the desk.

“Well then Mr. Valve,” he said to Steam. “You are free to go as long as you keep your promise to not bring this up with anyone. If you don’t keep that half of the deal, then we’ll have no choice, but to go back on our half as well. Got it?”

“Y-Y-Yes sir.”

“Good,” Mr. C said as he clapped his front hooves together. Steam then heard the door behind him open. The next thing he knew, he was once again hit in the back of the head with a bat, from the same unicorn no less. He fell to the ground unconscious.
______________________________________________________________________________

Some time later, Steam stood back up, still somewhat groggy from the blow to his head. When he opened his eyes he saw that he was back outside on the front steps of the weather factory. He looked around, seeing that his kidnappers were nowhere to be seen. Really, the only thing he saw was two homeless pegasi fighting over a wedge of cheese, but that wasn’t important.

Not really sure how late it was, he figured it would be best to get back home before he got mugged, or worse.
______________________________________________________________________________

About ten minutes later, Steam made it back to his house. Creaking the front door open slowly, so as to try and not to wake up Clementine, only to see she was sleeping on the couch, curled up without a blanket. Most likely she fell asleep waiting for him.

He trotted up to her and snuggled her feathery face a little.

“I’m sorry babe,” He whispered.

Clementine’s eyes slowly opened to see her pegasus boyfriend cuddling up next to her.

“Steam?” she asked. Steam backed up a bit.

“Hey Clem.” He responded.

They stared at each other for a second before Clementine responded by slapping him across the face before pulling him into a hug.

“I’m so glad you’re okay,” she said to him before she let go of the hug. She then looked him right in the eyes and asked the one question that Steam knew was most likely coming, but due to the circumstances with Mr. C, he wasn’t sure how to answer. “Where the hell were you?”