• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 501 Views, 6 Comments

New Cloudsdale - KenSES64



It's been 200 years since the return of the Crystal Empire. Equestria has grown and has many new cities. One of these cities is known as New Cloudsdale.

  • ...
1
 6
 501

Chapter V

Chapter V

Steam darted his eyes around. Sure, it would be easy for him to explain what happened, but with the fact that Mr. C threatened to go after him if he said anything...

“I-I can’t say,” he finally said.

Clementine stopped hugging him and got a slightly angered look on her face. “What do you mean ‘you can’t say’?”

“I can’t tell anyone what happened,” Steam replied looking away from her.

“Why not?” Clementine asked, her eyes starting to glare at him, “What did you do?” Steam just looked back at her.

“What makes you think I did anything?”

“You tell me you’re coming home, you don’t show up until hours later, making me worried sick about you, and you say you can’t even tell me what happened!?”

“I can’t... it’s for my own safety.”

“What’s that’s supposed to mean?!”

“C-Clem, please calm down,” Steam said to her as he put a hoof on her griffin-like foreleg.

“How can I be calm?!” Clementine shouted back at him. “I mean what the hell happened?! Were you out drinking?! Gambling?!” Suddenly her face changed from angry to worried almost instantly, “Oh by Celestia, you were cheating me weren’t you?!”

“WHAT?! No, of course not.” He said as he tipped her head up with a hoof. “Clem, we’ve known eachother since we were foals. You’ve been my best friend for years. In high school when you had your little heat problem, you trusted me to help you, and we’ve been together ever since. I love you more than anything else in the world. I would never do anything to hurt you, especially not something as scumbagish as that.” Clementine stared into his eyes for a long while before she said anything.

“Okay, I believe you,” she said to him. “But still, why can’t you tell me?”

“Like I said, It’s for my own safety.”

“Like I’ve asked, what do you mean by that?”

Steam, knowing that this would get nowhere, and that Clementine wouldn’t drop this anytime soon, let out a sigh and said, “Something happened, and if word gets out that I said anything about it, I will be hunted down and killed. Now, I will tell you what happened, but you need to promise that this does not, and I repeat, does not leave this house.”

At those words, Clementine got a concerned look on her face, but nodded and said, “Don’t worry, I promise.”

Steam stretched out his wings for a second and began to explain, “After I called you, I began to leave the weather factory when I heard voices coming from my bosses office. I heard someone mention the name “Mr. C”, so I tried to get out of there as quickly as possible, but I ended up bumping right into some minotuar, who started questioning me. After that, I was hit in the back of the head and blacked out. When I woke up I was in a blimp with the minotuar, a unicorn and a gargoyle, who took me to Mr. C. Now I didn’t really see what he looked like, but I got a quick look at one of this hooves and I could tell he had wings, so I can assume that he’s a grey pegasus. Anyway, he said he would just let me go as long as I did two things. One, I’d not say anything about this, which I’m already breaking that promise, and two.” Steam paused for several moments before continuing. “I... I had do a job for them...” He finally said. “H-He wanted me to kill someone. Don’t worry, I didn’t though. You see, the gargoyle was sent with me and he saw that I didn’t want to do this, so he did it for me. Yeah I know, in the end a possibly innocent person is dead, but at least I’m back here with you.”

Clementine’s face was still stuck on not knowing what think what to think about this whole situation. After a couple of seconds she finally said, “That story sounds kinda out there, but it’s not that unrealistic.”

“It’s true though.” Clementine smiled and nuzzled up against Steam.

“Fine,” she said after a moment. “I believe you, but you really can’t call the cops about this?”

“I don’t want to risk them coming after me, so I’d rather just forget this whole night and get some sleep, thank Celestia tomorrow’s Saturday.”

“Actually it’s past midnight. So it’s Saturday now.”
______________________________________________________________________________

About 5 minutes later...

Steam lay down in bed next to Clementine and slowly drifted off into sleep.

‘Now that this is over, all I have to worry about now is proposing to Clem on Thursday.’ Steam thought to himself, but then he realized something, ‘Wait, did I come back home with my saddlebags?’ Steam’s eyes shot open, and he quickly sat up in bed. ‘Holy shit! They still have my stuff, and Clementine’s ring!’