• Published 12th Feb 2013
  • 788 Views, 13 Comments

Lil Fabio - Hearts and Hooves day - Aslfrasle



Lil Fabio was abandoned as a child, and lived on his own until he met Bon-Bon. He now spends his days trying to hit on all the older mares, but none of them takes him seriously because he is too adorable

  • ...
4
 13
 788

Devious Plans

Lil Fabio spent the previous night planning how to get his hooves on this book and the spell contained within. The next morning, bright and early he ran out the door, saying a quick “See you later, have a pleasant day, bye!” as he ran, and was out the door before she could even respond.

He made his way over to Twilight’s, who lived at the Golden Oaks Library, which he had always found was ironic, having the towns library be a giant tree that was filled with books made of other trees...though he didn’t have time to ponder over the strange irony of the town library as he had a mission, and he was going to see it through. He knocked on the door, and waited a few moments, after which the door opened and there stood Spike, the unicorn librarians dragon assistant

“Hey Fabio, did you need a new book or something” the dragon inquired “Maybe something about how to find the perfect mare, or a book on romance?”

“Hello to you too Spike, though truth be told I was here to see Twilight and ask her about a very specific book I was looking for, is she home?” he asked

“Yeah, she’s upstairs studying some new book by order of the Princess, I’ll go get her.” He responded, making his way up the stairs. “Feel free to make yourself comfortable while you wait, sometimes it can take a bit to pull Twilight away from whatever book she’s in the middle of reading.

He made his way over to one of the shelves and began looking through the books on it to see if he could find the one he was looking for. As he looked through the shelves he found so many books both old and new, from adventure stories to histories of the world, yet he couldn’t find any that were related to romance. He decided to check other shelves elsewhere in the library, and eventually after hours of searching through dusty tomes in every corner of the library, he found the Romance section.

How to deal with colt-cuddlers and filly-foolers in a modern Equestria, no that’s not it…1001 Great Date Ideas that’s not it either…Dating outside your species, and why you shouldn’t be ashamed, why I can’t I find it!” he shouted, only then remembering that Twilight had hidden the book, so it wouldn’t be just sitting on the shelves where anyone could take it. He slumped down on the ground next to the bookcase wondering how he would ever manage to find this book, given the fact that she had hidden it away she certainly wouldn’t give it to him to use, and with all these books here it would take days if not months to search through all of them, not including all the hiding places she could have created after living here for so long…

It was then that he saw a small twinkle of light of a crack in the book case he was sitting next to. He shifted his gaze back to where it was and noticed that back behind the books on the romance shelf, there was something that was reflecting a small ray of light from the window behind him. He moved the books that were in front of the reflective surface to check what it was, and discovered that there was a small gilded switch on the back of the shelf. He though this was strange, how could you have switch on the back of a shelf, there’s no space back there to have anything that would open up or slide out…? he thought to himself, yet as he pressed the button in the middle, a small indent in the bottom shelf popped open, revealing a small space inside of the back of the shelf, presumably for hiding things. His face cracked a smile when inside of the small hidey-hole he found the book he had been looking for this whole time…Dangerous Love Spells, and why You Shouldn’t be Casting Them, you shouldn’t even be looking at this book, go away!…the title seemed to go on past that part, but he had seen all he needed. He knew he wouldn’t be able to get the book out of here as by now Spike and Twilight would probably be looking for him, so he put the book back in it’s hole, and reset the switch, but made sure to unlock the window behind him, resolving to come back in the dead of night to get the book when no one was looking. With the book re-hidden and the window unlocked, he went back to the main room, where Twilight and Spike were there with inquisitive looks on there faces.

“Where were you!?” Twilight asked “we were looking all over but we couldn’t find you anywhere…”

“Yeah man, I said make yourself comfortable, not search the entire library for the one best spot to best lost!” Spike continued where Twilight left off

“Oh, sorry about that” he said putting on his best mock smile. “I was looking for the bathroom and must have gotten lost…heh.” he began laughing as an attempt to cover up what he had really been doing. It worked like a charm.

“Well, you’re here now, and that’s what’s important I guess…” Twilight gave in, not wanting to continue arguing with a child over something so trivial. “So, Spike told me you wanted to talk to me about a specific book that you wanted, which one was it?” She asked, remembering the reason Spike had pulled her away from her current research.

“Oh, it was, let me see if I can remember the title, it had something to do with romance…” He began, realizing he didn’t have an actual book prepared to ask about.

“Knowing you, it was probably Equestria’s 101 Best Pickup Lines” Spike said with a smile on his face

“Now Spike, that’s not very nice to say to our guest!” Twilight seemed angry as she said this, disappointed in her assistant for making such a generalization. He didn’t want Spike to get into trouble because of him, os he figured he would agree, just to keep him out of trouble.

“No, he’s right Twilight, that’s exactly the book I was looking for! I must have told Spike when he opened the door and just forgot about it” Lil Fabio exclaimed. Twilight turned around and began looking for the book, though he could have sworn he heard her sigh, and mutter “oh, of course he did…” he took this time to wink at Spike, as if to tell the young dragon ‘you owe me one’ to which he saw Spike respond with a wink of ‘thanks for the save bro’

Twilight had returned from the room where he had found the romance shelves, and gave him the book Spike had mentioned. “Here you go Equestria’s 101 Best Pickup Lines though I’m not sure why you would need this. Anyway I’ve already filled out all the paperwork for checking out the book, just sign here and make sure to have it back sometime in the next 2 weeks, okay?” she asked, making sure he knew the rules of the library’s check out system as he did not come here often.

“Sure thing Twilight, and thanks for the book, this should definitely help me out with my plans!” He exclaimed as he ran out the door book in hand. He went back to Bon-Bon’s shop and left the book in his room. Now all that was left before he could put his plan into motion was waiting until nighttime when he could go back to Twilight’s under the cover of dark to retrieve the book and finally get his hooves on that ‘Want it, Need it’ spell that would make everypony love him…


It was nearly midnight when Lil Fabio awoke from his slumber, ready to enact his master plan to get the love spells book from Twilight’s library. He grabbed a black suit he had prepared for the occasion; which had been given to him by Pinkie Pie, when he told her he was attempting to get a cutie mark in spying, she also offered him a pair of night vision goggles but he refused; he also grabbed his saddlebags, as he would need something to put the book in once he got it. He snuck out of his room, and down the hall, careful not to make any noise as he passed by Bon-Bon’s room lest he wake her up and have her question his midnight sojourn. He made his way towards the door and exited to the streets of Ponyville. He knew that there wouldn’t be anypony walking around since it was nighttime, though he had not truly realized what that meant until he saw, for the first time, the streets of Ponyville, completely devoid of any traces of life. It was almost haunting, how empty the streets were, as if he were the last pony in an empty world. He put these thoughts out of his head as he made his way towards the Golden Oaks Library, eager to get the book and put this eerie world of midnight behind him.

It took him a few minutes to reach the library, and once it did it took another few minutes to find the window he had left open earlier. Luckily neither Spike nor Twilight had checked to make sure this window was locked or his plan would have been ruined. He carefully opened the unlatched window and snuck inside through the opened frame making sure to make no noise, he knew the lavender unicorn had a penchant for staying as late as she needed to to get whatever work she was doing done...once inside, he quickly found the romance section and turned his gaze to the bottommost shelf where he had found the switch earlier. He removed the books that were concealing it and pressed the button just as he had done earlier, the same smile appearing on his face, as the secret compartment in the book shelf opened up revealing his prize, the book Dangerous Love Spells, and Why You Shouldn’t be blah, blah, blah...he did not want to waste time reading the whole title again. He gingerly placed the book in his saddlebags, as he placed one of the other books back in the compartment, closing it afterwards and replacing the books he had displaced. After cleaning up the mess he had made, making sure to leave everything exactly as he had found it, knowing the neurotic purple unicorn would notice any changes, and then proceeded to make his way back out the window as quietly as he had entered, closing the window behind him when he was finished. He quickly made his way back to his room at Bon-Bon’s and removed the bag from his saddlebags, flipping through the pages to find the one he needed. The ‘Want It, Need It’ spell was found near the end of the book, and though it had a warning that it was a ‘very dangerous spell and should never be cast, except for educational purposes with someone to help nearby who is immune to the spell’ it was in actuality very simple to cast...all it required was for the user to focus on how much they wanted others to love it while channeling an amount of magic power proportional to the amount of love they desired. This made it understandable as to how it messed up when Twilight used it, as he had heard from others she was very distraught and panicky when she cast it, therefore not having any chance to control the amount of love and with her unheard of magic power, she would never have too little magic no matter how much love she desired at the time. He knew he was as ready as he would ever be for this spell, and he began channelling his magic through his horn while concentrating.

I want all of the mares to love me. He thought to himself, making this phrase the only thing in his mind. After several minutes of concentrating, there was a small flash as his magic went off sending a wave of magic through the town. Satisfied that the spell had done it’s job, he laid his head down to rest, excited for the next day, where everyone would love and pay attention to him, instead of just laughing at him and thinking he was joking.