• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 293 Views, 16 Comments

The Ballad of 47 - Unholy_rarity



This is the story of 47. No, not him. Not the cool guy. Why does everyone think that?

  • ...
4
 16
 293

chapter one

It’s a cold black night. The air sends chills down everypony's spine. 47 is approaching his bed, looking back on the events that have happened as of late. Feeling his morality kicking in he takes off his gun and lays it on the table. Flopping down on his meager bed he looks up at the roof. Sleep quickly overtakes him.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Honey?" said gentle voice "Honey, you’ve got to wake up or you're gonna be late."

"I'm awake darling." 47's eyes quickly snap open and looks at his wife. "Maria, you look so beautiful this morning." he smiles looking her up and down, admiring her deep blue eyes and the curves of her body.

"Oh, you're so silly! I haven't even had time to get ready yet!" she giggled then out of nowhere, a small figure jumped in the bed.

"Morning daddy! I missed you last night! You were working late and I didn’t get to see you before mom put me to bed."

"Its okay sugar plum, I promise I'll be home in time for you to see me tonight." 47 smiles and kisses 48 on the head.

"I made the best grade on my test yesterday.” 48 said, awaiting a response from 47.

"That's wonderful I'm so proud of you. In fact we should go have ice cream to celebrate!" A hoof clap echoed throughout the room.

"Well now, you can't be late for work. Today is big day for you." Maria said overjoyed while forcing him to the door.

"Alright just quit shoving me. Now, where's my goodbye kisses from my girls?" he chuckled as Maria and 48 lined up at the door. 47 kissed his wife and then proceeded to kiss his daughter on the head. He put on his hat and walked out the door into the streets of Canterlot.

<><><><><>

A long walk later, he is in front of Canterlot Daily, the news company he works for. He slowly walked through those big doors and hopped on the elevator to ride up to the top floor. He was going to meet with his boss about the big scoop that they scheduled to post today.

"This right here is the scoop for the ages! 47 we’re gonna go places. Princess Celestia killing prisoners of war without trial! I don't know how you did it, but this is golden baby!" said Printpress.

"I'm glad you think so, sir. I'm honored that you like it." 47 replied enthusiastically.

"Not just like it, I love it!" Printpress said, looking out the window, when suddenly they heard breaking glass. Before they could find out who caused it, they were out cold due to a blow to the head.

<><><><><><><><>

When 47 regained consciousness, he was in the middle of the town square, bound in chains. To his left were his wife and daughter. They were both in chains as well, his daughter crying. Maria was so scared she couldn’t even move to look at him. He sees Printpress to his right of his wife.

"Now lets get down to brass tacks.” A voice said. 47 looked over to see Princess Celestia. “You all are accused of treason. We all know the penalties for such actions!" she yelled. "I shall now administer justice, to highest extent. But, seeing as there’s a child among us, I shall not be as rough on the filly." She smiled, deciding that the child shall live her life working coal mines under royal watch. Celestia looks at the crowd."The rest shall be put to death." Out of the top of the day sky, a dark blue figure floated down gracefully. It was princess Luna.

"Now Tia, don't you think you're being a bit harsh?" Luna said, looking worried about the lot of them.

"You dare to question me?" Celestia snapped, directing her rage towards Luna.

"No, I don't.” said Luna “But I do wish that you let me bless the dead." She frowned as she finished.

"Fine, but be fast about it." Celestia waved her hoof. Luna walked up to Maria, placed her horn on her shoulder, then skipped his daughter and patted her horn on 47’s shoulder as well. A discrete flash of magic happened and he heard a whisper from Luna.

"The end is near for you. I'm so sorry, I wish I could do more, but I will do what is best for your daughter, now embrace death."

47 slumped over at this. He saw his wife get shoved off the cliff. she screamed until when she hit ground. For a few moments, there was a deathly silence until it was 47’s turn. He hit the ground and death overtook him or so it would seem.

His lifeless body laid there for hours, but he was far from dead. He was having a meeting inside his own head.

<><><><><><><><>

47 glanced around to see red walls when a black feminine shadow appeared. Not able to make out who it is he hears it begin to speak. "Death does not suit you well." it whispered. 47 remained silent out shock and fear. "At a loss for words I see. Well, I saved your life, you should be thanking me" It smiled. 47 was just realizing who the voice was.

"Princess Luna? You saved me?" inquired 47.

"Not Luna, foal! its such a... proper name.” She spat. “I prefer Nightmare Moon."

"But why me? Why not my wife?" 47 asked, his ears drooping on his head.

"Because she was weak! She doesn't have the fire you have. Tell me, do you feel the hate? The lust for revenge?" Nightmare moon asked.

"Yes I do!” 47 nodded vigorously. “I want to avenge my wife and get my daughter back!"

"Oh? This is splendid! I was afraid you wouldn't be up for living again and I'd just have to let you die." Nightmare Moon smiled. "Now all I ask in return for your life is loyalty and your soul. Give me these and I will help in any way I can." Nightmare Moon finished with a chuckle.

"Is that it?” 47 asked in disbelief. “Yes, you can have them! As long as I get what i want!" He began to smile, hope rising in his chest.

"Perfect." Nightmare Moon laughed. "You must first travel to Dodge City. Don’t worry, I have plans for you there. You will meet a very specific pony. Don’t worry, you’ll know him when he finds you. I leave you with that. Now, go!" She yelled.
The place 47 was in flashed to black. He awoke on the ground next to his dead wife. Sighing in despair, he closed her eyes and kissed her on the head. "I guess... this is goodbye. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you, but I promise I will make it right." He began to cry, soaking the ground in his tears. He searched her neck, finding a heart shaped locket with a picture of his family in it. He took the locket and put it on his neck before leaving to find Dodge City. He could tell that he had a long walk ahead of him.