• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,327 Views, 14 Comments

The Pinkie Parable - TheNarrator



This story is about choice and freedom, possibly, but actually it might be about something else. Either way, you'll find yourself wondering why you bothered reading it in the first place.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,327

???

What do you think you’re doing, Pinkie? You were so close to finishing my story, and you’re going to ruin it now? After all this? Well you’re certainly less responsible than I made you out to be, Pinkie. Honestly, I’m even sure what I should do now. You brought the story up to it’s climax and then dropped it off a cliff.

What, did you think you could somehow harness the power of the emotion machine for yourself? In case you hadn’t realized it by now, I am in control of this story. I know you aren’t used to that, but sometimes you just have to let go of control so that those more qualified can put it to better use.

The DNA scanner on the machine whizzed and beeped ferociously when Pinkie attempted to turn the machine on. Her boss had a fail-safe at the ready just in case anypony were to discover this terrible machine. Sirens went off all around the room and every door was bolted shut. Pinkie had just triggered the fail-safe. Exactly thirteen half ton nuclear warheads were buried underneath the office and were now set to explode.

Pinkie scrambled around the room, looking for a way out. She pressed every button she could find. She checked the vents, the monitors and just about everywhere else but could not find a way out. Pinkie had only about a minute left. She ran around and around until finally, she stopped. She sat down and accepted her fate. There was no last choice she could make to get out of here. But it comforted her to think that there was, so she told herself just that.

It was her own fault, she realized. She was too selfish in trying to turn the machine on. She took one last breath, the deepest one she had ever taken and made one last choice.

[DIE]
CONTINUE READING

[DIE]
CONTINUE READING

The bombs went off and Pinkie was consumed by hellish flames, killing her instantly.

THE END 2