• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 783 Views, 28 Comments

Apple Bloom and the Golden Apples - Animegx43



While Apple Bloom desires a tasty golden apple from the orphan tree, her search lead to discoveries that would discourage others from continuing. But the apples are just too darn good. She learns in time just how dangerous these apples are.

  • ...
2
 28
 783

Filly hunting

Should I even write anything here? I'm sure if you have grandchildren of your own, or any children at all for that matter, you would know how I felt when I learned that Apple Bloom got in the danger she got in. If you were one of her parents, you'd probably be debating over whether to hug her tight or to spank her flank off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After knocking the golden apple down from the Orphan tree, the timberwolves quickly swarmed around the Cutie Mark Crusaders and were closing in on the three. As much as they feared Pando Everfree, despite having only heard his voice, they knew that the real threat was about to eat them.

"Umm... Girls? Any ideas?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I think I have one," Scootaloo answered. She then whispered her idea to the others, to which they nodded. "What do you think?"

"Better than my idea," Sweetie Belle said.

With everypony in agreement, Scootaloo reached into her wagon, putting her hoof underneath the golden apple, and pulled out her little blue scooter. The girls had a plan to handle the timberwolves, and they were ready to go through with it.

"You children have dug your graves. What do you have to say for yourselves?" Pando's voice asked.

"I've got something to say..." Apple Bloom said. "Later!"

As soon as Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle jumped onto the wagon next to the golden apple and Scootaloo connected the wagon to her scooter, she flapped her wings like a little hummingbird, propelling her and the wagon forward and zooming past the timberwolves. While the filly wasn’t able to fly with the her tiny wings, Scootaloo had caused her and the wagon to move so fast past the timberwolves that they weren't even sure as to what happened. They were left in a daze.

"Mindless wolves. After them! And don't forget to take back the apple!"

Upon being given their newest command, the timberwolves got their minds back on the fillies and gave chase. The girls stayed on the path they originally followed and moved straight forward, and with Scootaloo's speed, them and their wagon were outrunning the timberwolves. At first, it seemed like the girls were going to get away, but a group of the timberwolves jumped onto the path in front of them, blocking their way out.

Scootaloo, being afraid to run into the predators, made a sharp left turn and drove off the path. The path was the only way they were able to get in and out of the forest in the first place, the danger was doubled the moment Scootaloo made that turn. While the young pegasus was doing her best to ride and propel her scooter with her little wings, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle had to hang on for dear life, as all that the wolves needed was for them to fall off the wagon for a mere second.

"They're ganging up on us!" Sweetie Belle shouted. "Let's just give them back their apple."

"I got a better idea," Apple Bloom said. "Let's give them the apple."

Catching on to Apple Bloom's idea, the two girls smiled and started to lift the golden apple up. Their plan was to hurl it at the timberwolves, hit them, and hopefully slow the wooden monsters down, allowing the three to escape.

While the two girls were lifting up the apple, Scootaloo had to keep her eyes in front of her, which was when she saw something she couldn't even react to. Out of nowhere, a giant tree root grew out of the ground, which was perfectly straight and had a sharp point at the end, being capable of skewering anything if the right amount of force. Scootaloo had to make a very hard turn on her scooter to keep her and the others from running into it. Unfortunately, she ended up falling off her scooter, and sent Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and the apple flying off the wagon. None of them were hurt from this, but it did give the timberwolves the chance to finally reach their prey.

"Look guys, we don't even need the apple," Apple Bloom said. "Just take it and let us go. Please?"

The timberwolves were always too stupid to listen to mercy, or even reason for that matter. All they cared about was to rip Pando's enemies to shreds, and they were ready to do the same thing to the girls. As the timberwolves moved closer and closer to them, the girls huddled up and hugged each other harder and harder. As the first timberwolf got ready to take a bite out of Apple Bloom...

SMASH!

From up above, a full grown pony came down and smashed the timberwolves' head to twigs. She brought her legs into the air and kicked back another wolf. After taking down a third timberwolf, the girls were able to take in what was happening and realize who had just saved their blank flanks.

"A-Applejack!" Apple Bloom said in shock.

"You girls alright?" She asked.

"SIS, BEHIND YOU!"

Noticing another timberwolf charging at her, Applejack once again gave it a hard kick into the head, sending it flying - not the timberwolf itself, but the head of the timberwolf. The poor mutt was decapitated.

"Come on. We need to get out of here before more of them come," Applejack said.

As Applejack was ordering the girls to escape, the smashed timberwolves began to glow green, as well as the unsmashed ones. This was when the wolves would deconstruct and reconstruct themselves into a giant timberwolf. It was the best time for them all to escape, so Apple Bloom and the girls grabbed their wagon, as well as the golden apple, and followed Applejack out of the Everfree Forest before the giant timberwolf was completely formed, and when the transformation was completed, it was too late for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well I'm glad you girls are safe. That means I can be angry at you all," Applejack said. "WHAT IN TARNATION WERE YOU THREE THINKING!?"

After getting out of the forest, Applejack and the girls found themselves at the Cutie Mark Crusader's treehouse, or as the girls like to call it, their headquarters. There, Applejack gave the girls the scolding of their lives. Since the girls were no longer in danger, she was able to go on and on about how worried she had been.

"Had I not caught you girls going into the forest, you three may very well of gotten yourselves killed! Apple Bloom, didn't I tell you not to go in there after I told you not to go in there? What were you thinking?"

"Would it make you feel better if I said we brought back a golden apple?" Apple Bloom asked.

"NO!" Applejack shouted, but then looked at the apple on the wagon. "Okay, maybe a little, but you're still grounded until you're as old as Princess Celestia!"

While the girls were all upset about getting in trouble, they quickly noticed that Applejack was distracted by something. They looked to where she was facing and realized that Applejack was keeping an eye on the golden apple they had retrieved. As angry as she was, she too had a taste for the magical fruit, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders knew it.

"Don't tell anypony what we did, and you can have a piece of the apple," Apple Bloom said.

"... Deal."

Using the best possible thing to bribe Applejack, the girls got off the hook by sharing some of their treasure with Applejack. After dividing the apple evenly, each of the girls got a piece of the golden apple, as well as Applejack, who had accepted the bribe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over time, the four of them had completely devoured the golden apple, reducing it to nothing but the core. As Apple Bloom had promised, it was the best thing Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle had tasted, although they weren't sure if it was worth almost getting killed over, but they did know that if they were to see one again, they would take it. While Applejack was still angry at what her little sister did, the apple at least made made Apple Bloom's actions more forgivable.

"Wow, we really did a number on that thing," Apple Bloom said.

"That's all we ever do to them apples," Applejack answered. "So, where did you find it anyway?"

"Well, after we followed a road into the Everfree Forest, there was this giant tree, bigger than life itself! The Orphan trees were nearby, and they were very tall with grey leaves. It took me and the girls together to get one down."

"In that case, how does Granny Smith get them down?"

All Apple Bloom could do was shrug, as she only assumed that I got the apples the same way she did. Sadly, they had no idea how I actually did get the golden apples, for if they had, this story would've been over already.

With their adventure over, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle decided to head home, feeling that they had enough excitement for one day, as well as still being afraid of Applejack after getting yelled by her. This left my two granddaughters alone by the tree house, with the giant apple core left over. Had they not of been full from the snack, they'd probably try and eat the core too.

"I still don't think getting that apple was worth getting chased by timberwolves. Why did you do it?" Applejack asked.

"I've been wanting to learn more about them and our family," Apple Bloom answered. "Granny Smith is the only one who knows everything, but now that we know where the Orphan trees are, she'll have no choice but to tell us now."

"You know what? You're right. I think it’s time to have a little talk with Granny Smith."

Suddenly, the two of them heard barking. It got louder and louder really fast. It was the family dog, Winona. She found Applejack at the treehouse and was barking up a storm, not a happy 'I-want-to-play' bark, but a panicked bark. Something had startled the poor dear and she needed her master.

"What is it, girl?" Applejack said.

After a few barks, Winona ran back the way she came, turning around once to make sure that Applejack and Apple Bloom was close behind her. They knew that Winona never left the farm unless she was already with Applejack, or if me or Big Macintosh needed her for something important. That said, Applejack was afraid that something bad was going on at the farm.

As soon as the two sisters left the treehouse, two more little fillies had emerged from behind some nearby tree, who had been waiting for the two to leave. They weren't Scootaloo or Sweetie Belle. They were pink and and grey fillies, around Apple Bloom's age, who were waiting for the golden apple to be left unguarded.

Author's Note:

Random useless knowlegde I found out as I wrote the last sentence of the chapter. Did you know that Silver Spoon's voice actor is the same person who does Pinkie Pie's singing voice.

Just something I didn't know.