• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 781 Views, 28 Comments

Apple Bloom and the Golden Apples - Animegx43



While Apple Bloom desires a tasty golden apple from the orphan tree, her search lead to discoveries that would discourage others from continuing. But the apples are just too darn good. She learns in time just how dangerous these apples are.

  • ...
2
 28
 781

Timberwolves In Ponyville

This was the start of absolute chaos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After learning Pando's plan to capture Apple Bloom and the cutie mark crusaders, Applejack made a desperate attempt to escape from her trap, which was a series of wooden spikes surrounding her. She probably has the strongest legs in Ponyville, rivaling even Big Mac, but even she couldn't smash her way out.

"Stop wasting your time. That wood is stronger than iron. No axe can cut it." Pando said.

"Dang it." Applejack cursed to herself. ""Surely this isn't necessary. If the apple seed you want is still in the girl's stomach, maybe you can just...you know...wait for them to, shall we say...lose it?"

"Forget it. I'm not going to let my child lose any more of his dignity." Pando said. "I think it would just be more convenient to just rip out their stomachs and inspect them."

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?" Applejack screamed. "They're just little fillies!"

"Exactly. They are just little fillies. It'll be no more different than how you ponies occasionally step on a tiny ant. Your lives are meaningless to me."

"But all you are doing this for is for a few stupid trees!" Applejack answered.

"So are you saying that you care not for my children, just as I don't for your sister?"

"Exactly!"

At that moment, Applejack had to bite her lip, as she realized that she said something rather hypocritical. She was upset about how Pando had no regard for Apple Bloom's life and the drastic actions he was taking to getting Limproot's seed back. What Applejack realized was that she didn't have any regard for Pando's children either as she only cared for her little sister, just as how Pando felt nothing for her and Apple Bloom. In short, Applejack was a lot like Pando.

Truth be told, I myself am a lot like Pando. When it comes to the life of my family, I'd be willing to go through extreme measures too, although my temper is much more controllable than Pando's, but as a parent's point of view, I knew exactly how Pando was feeling. Every parent will do anything they feel they have to do to get their kids back. It's just that Pando is capable of doing more than somepony like me can do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Pando had ordered, the timberwolves followed the scent of the girls and quickly made their way to the Cutie Mark Crusader's treehouse, which was where the girls brought the golden apple they took in the first place. The wolves sniffed all around the area to catch the scent of the girls. Most of the timberwolves left to continue search as soon as they went near the treehouse, which was where the girl's scent was at its strongest, but a few of them didn't even go there.

Several of the timberwolves were more attracted to one particular spot, which was where the golden apple was last seen. It wasn't the scent of the apple the timberwolves smelled, but they did catch the scent of a few unfamiliar individuals. As they were ordered to seek out three fillies, they were initially confused because they though somepony else was with them. In the end, they decided to follow the new trail to see where it would lead them. It's a good thing for Apple Bloom that timberwolves aren't famous for their brains.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before long, the wooden mutts had made their way into Ponyville, causing chaos with their presence alone. Typically, the most dangerous animals to come into town would be a herd of cows stampeding when they see a snake, or the much more frequent scenario, when they find out its happy hour, but even then, cows are not dangerous creatures and can even be talked to. Most folks in Ponyville would never of even seen a timberwolve up close as they normally stay right in the Everfree Forest, so our town is surprisingly defenseless against them.

The ponyfolk at the edge of the town screamed and ran away as they saw the timberwolves walking into the town.

"SWEET CELESTIA!" A pony screamed.

"TIMBERWOLVES!"

"THE HORROR! THE HORROR!" Actually, I think the mare who said that says it a lot.

While most were running away from the timberwolves, they quickly found that the wolves weren't after them. In fact, as aggressive as they were, they attacked no pony as they ran in town. Many just ran out of their way as they ran through the roads of Ponyville while many more stayed inside to stay safe as the pegasus stayed airborne. Sadly, no pony were able to figure out what the timberwolves were doing until it was too late.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Apple Bloom's school, she and her friends were out at recess, where Apple Bloom was talking about everything that happened, but I've already covered that part. After being cheered up a little by her friends, Apple Bloom tried to play with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, but before they could think of something to do...well, I'm sure you've already guessed it.

"MONSTER!" A young colt screamed as he ran inside the school.

The other kiddies turned to the school fence and saw that on the other side, the timberwolves were standing and watching the children. Some of them even jumped over the fence to get into the schoolyard. As soon as one began chewing into the fence, the rest of the children began to panic and ran inside as well with screams. Miss. Cheerliee managed to get the children inside without everypony going into disarray.

"Quickly now, my little ponies!" Cheerilee said at the door. "Okay, we have Dinky, Snips, Snails...I don't see the cutie mark crusaders! Girls?"

The sight of the timberwolves left Apple Bloom frozen in shock, as there shoud've been no reason for them to be in town, since Applejack went in to meet Pando. She had no idea what had happened and the possibility of Applejack's sacrifice being for nothing over nothing overwhelmed her.

"Apple Bloom, hurry up!" Sweetie Belle said as she turned to see that her friend didn't move."

Recognizing Apple Bloom's scent, the wolves growled and ran towards her, knowing full well that she was one of the filly they were looking for. Apple Bloom quickly came to her senses though and ran back into the school with everypony else. As soon as the last child was inside, Cheerilee slammed the doors shut , but as stupid as the timberwolves were, they were smart enough to know that Apple Bloom was inside and quickly broke through the door, sending poor Miss Cheerilee flying. Whatever they're paying her, it's not enough for what she does for her students.

As soon as the timberwolves got inside, they began to catch more familiar smells, and all of them were coming from the same room, much to their convenience. They all prowled into the main classroom and found all of the kids to be huddled in the corner.

"As if we're going to let a bunch of twigs hurt our friends!" Scootaloo said as she walked towards the timberwolves.

"Yeah, not everypony here have their cutie marks yet, and we want to live long enough to see them all get them." Sweetie Belle said as she walked by her friend.

Inspired by their courage, Apple Bloom stopped feeling guilty about everything and stood up to stand by the ones who tried to help her.

"Come on, girls!" Apple Bloom said. "I have an idea on what our cutie marks are.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS MONSTER FIGHTERS!" They all shouted together.

As foolish as they were, everything the cutie mark crusaders were doing was for the right thing. Random monsters came barging into their school and scared all of their friends, as well as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They defended everypony and were proud of their actions.

Sadly, each of them got pounced immediately afterwards, with one timberwolf jumping on each of the crusaders. That was when fear took over them once more. Apple Bloom was able to get out by giving a strong buck into the timberwolf's jaw, causing it to let go of her. Sadly, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle couldn't get out, and were picked up by the timberwolve's mouth before running off with them.

"RAINBOW DASH! HELP!" Scootaloo screamed.

"SAVE US!" Sweetie Belle screamed.

"GIRLS!" Apple Bloom shouted. "You all let go of my-"

"HEY! HEY! Don't touch me you stupid mutts!"

Much to Apple Bloom's surprised, the timberwolve's had gotten around the room and snagged somepony else. Diamond Tiara, who I'm sure I've talked about before, was attacked and snagged by another timberwolf. As soon as she was grabbed, the timberwolf ran out of the room, with the rest of the pack following it leaving as quickly and as mysteriously as they appeared.

"Is everyone okay?" Silver Spoon asked.

"What kind of question is that?" Apple Bloom asked. "They took Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle! Oh, and Diamond Tiara too."

Apple Bloom started to think about everything that had happened. She considered that she and her friends encountered the timberwolves the day before, so it would make sense why they would be after them, but it didn't explain to her as to why they kidnapped Diamond Tiara.

"Silver Spoon, did you do anything out of the ordinary yesterday?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Pfft. As if I'd tell how my day went to a blank flank." Silver Spoon answered.

"Look, I know things about the timberwolves that you don't, and you clearly know things that I need to know, so if you want to help Diamond Tiara out of this jam, you should probably tell me if you two did anything. Did you see any timberwolves yesterday or anything.

"Of course not. We went shopping, got these pretty outfits for a fancy party we're going to, then we planted a-" At that moment, She remember that she and Diamond Tiara did do something out of the ordinary. If you remembered, it was those spoiled kids who stole what was left of the golden apple. Since everything that happened was related to Apple Bloom, she decided to come clean. "Actually, we did do something different yesterday. We...were spying on you when you ate that giant apple."

Apple Bloom's mouth dropped at Silver Spoon's confession, which allowed Apple Bloom to quickly piece everything together.

"WHAT DID YOU TWO DO!?"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, but I've been busy with video games.

After this chapter, I plan to have a proofreader help me, but I want one more chance to see if I can improve my grammer here. Tell me how this looks.