• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 397 Views, 10 Comments

Zombie Equestria - JimmyBen



Well, its a somewhat average day, average life, until something a little out of the ordinary happens; a zombie invasion. Now an unlikely hero must travel across equestrian seeking shelter, while meeting some people on the way.

  • ...
6
 10
 397

Going back, Damn

"Oh my god, were almost there, and I'm only about to faint" i say with a heavy pant, "suck it- it up" Derpy chimes with a weez. After escaping the, what would be the correct term, i suppose Raiders would be the best thing, take what they want and kill you, sounds right. Anyhow, after escaping, we jumped roof to roof for hours until we finally reached the final house, right in front of the castle, but there was still a good distance between us and there. The way the whole thing was set, the house line ended, then there was a decent sized road we had to cross, of course there was zombies, where we would have to jump the walls surrounding the perimeter, then make our way across the courtyard to the castle doors. "looks simple enough, we'll have to make our way down, cross the street, jump that wall, cross that courtyard, then were in", Derpy nodded and stumbled a bit, "but can we catch *huff* our breath.

We decided to pull out our lunch and take a break, it was just a normal DLT, daisies, lettuce and tomatoes, yum yum. We ate, hydrated, and chatted a bit, she ended up telling me on how people always think she's retarded because of her eyes, I wonder why, she's smart, i would probably be dead a few times if it weren't for her. I felt really bad, she even started to cry a little, i moved over to comfort her, we sat there, me holding her and telling her she is far from retarded for a good 15 minutes, but even if there were zombies around, i wouldn't just let her cry. After she calmed down, she thanked me for listening, and we found a way to climb down and we crossed the street, we only ran into like three zombies, which i killed upon contact.

As we made our way to the wall, we hear a bone chilling sound, it was a deep yelling, like a battle cry. We looked behind us, and then around, nothing, then you could hear it, it sounded like a pack of rabid wolves coming in on there prey. By sound alone i could tell there were hundreds, "Get over the wall", i quickly pushed her up onto the wall, then she pulled me up, just as i left the ground, they came around the corner. There were so many, Derpy pulled with all her might, sending we flying over the wall, after i regained my balance and stood up, we immediately started sprinting toward the doors. All i kept thinking was, please be unlocked, please please please, locked. "God dammit" i yelled, the zombies had found a way in and were pouring in from all sides, "Oh crap" Derpy said with a sob, this is definitely not how she wanted to go, neither did i. I took out my bat and was prepared to fight, there was no way we were getting out of this, they were closing in, only a few moments till death, I pulled Derpy behind me, only a few more seconds.

But then we hear a creaking sound behind us, and suddenly we were pulled into the castle, the doors slamming behind us. You could hear them banging on the door trying to get in, but to no avail. I just sat there for a moment, Derpy lying beside me. Out of no where she embraced me with a hug, "we made it, we made it, we made it" she kept saying that and refused to let me go for a few minutes. I finally pry her off to see the people who saved us, and i was glad to see who, It was a guard, he stood strong and confident. "thank you for pulling us in" he helps me up, and i help Derpy, "it was nothing, just dong my job, now come on, lets get you settled in". The guard led us down some hallways, there were an abundance of guards, Derpy was spot on with her prediction.

"So, is this like a safe house" i ask to the guard we were following, he had remained quiet the entire time, i was hoping he was ok, "Yes sir, this palace was transformed into a place to take shelter as soon as the outbreak got a little out of hand". So the princess thought ahead and already had a plan for something like this, huh, i wouldn't be surprised, lately things have been taking turns for the worst. Before this, i swore that a war was about to break out with the People to the east (In pony term, about where the griffins are) but i guess this stopped that. I peeked into multiple doors on the way, i saw sick, injured, children and elderly. Where was everyone else, i thought of where they could be, probably helping out i decided upon. We were finally led into a giant room, i it were maps and charts, tech and monitors all over the place, didn't even knew these existed, well i guess the princess would get the best stuff.

The guard then led us to the back of the room, where we were introduced to our queen herself, i bowed immediately, as did Derpy. "you may stand" she said in a regal voice, yet full of sorrow, i wouldn't blame her, i couldn't imagine what she must be going through, she lost almost everything, and she has to work constantly to fix it, i felt sorry. "thats not all why I'm distressed, I'm worried of my student and her friend in the valley"... Did she just read my mind? "The town they were in, Ponyville, took the worst of it from my scouts", ponyville i thought, i recalled passing by while taking the train here, we had seen it for a moment and saw hoards upon hoards of zombies there. "Do you think there ok" i asked sympathetically, "Im sure there still alive, there a tough bunch, but Im not a hundred percent sure, thats why i need you" she looked at me with the most serious eyes i had ever seen from, well anybody.

"What do you mean, Im just one guy, why not just send a few guards" i asked in a respectful tone. "I cannot risk to many guards, your still alive, which must mean you know what your doing", i tried to act modest, but who am i to argue with the queen, "And i wont just be sending you, you and your friend there". The princess looks to Derpy and then to me, "Its not like you can say no", she was right y'know, "Alright, what do we do", "Ive had some of my men repair a boat on the roof, it should be in good enough shape to fly, they will show you how to use it, if you return with my student, i will be forever grateful". After a little preparation, we boarded the boat, they showed me how to get it to elevate and descend, how to steer and stop it, as soon as we where ready, they untied the ropes. The boat was a little wobbly at first, but we were on our way.

"Derpy, you got the maps", "right here" she said happily, we traveled for a few hours, until we finally came into view of the town. "thats got to be it" i said in a relieved tone, but the sun had already set, so we parked the boat and and both decided to get some shuteye. We went bellow deck, we sat down to eat our dinner, a salad and apples with some cider, and pie for dessert, "this boat is loaded, i wonder if the princess did this" i questioned with a chuckle. After a filing meal, we got settled into the bed, we had both agreed to just sleep in the same bed, save us the trouble of making a pallet, so we lied down, when i heard Derpy ask me a, rather odd question. "Is it okay if i..." her voice went low and she turned over, she was facing away from me, and you could feel her shutter a bit. "What's that Derpy" i ask quietly, " she rolls over and says in a whisper, "when i was little, i would always sleep with my dad when i got scared, i always cuddled up to him, is it okay if i...", she was so red, and cute, and thats sweet how she would cuddle with her dad, lord knows i couldn't. "of course you can", she smiled and moved in, and we lied there until we finally dozed off, but right before i did, i heard her mumble in her sleep, "i love you daddy", after a few moments, my mouth finally reacted, and i whispered back with a "i love you too, Derpy".

I was the first one to wake up, i slowly got out of the bed and made my way to the kitchen, i made us some eggs, toast and some pancakes, and a special muffin for Derpy, i wasn't that much of a cook, but i knew what i was doing. Like i had explained earlier, when i was adopted when i was six, the parents treated me more as a slave, so they made me cook occasionally if they weren't out partying or out at a fancy rest aunt, so i also had to take care of myself, so i learned a few things. As i was just rapping up cleaning, Derpy entered the room, she was wearing a pair of pajamas, didn't notice that she changed last night. She sat down at the table, she had a beaming smile, "good morning chase, that looks delicious", i brought her a plate half full with eggs, two pancakes with syrup, and a piece of butter toast that was cooked in a way were it wasn't crunchy, but more of floppy, but still warm and golden, brown smothered with grape jelly, once that was set down, i presented her with the muffin i had made. "I hope its ok, Im not much of a cook" she gave me a big smile, and turned to her eggs, which she started to chow on.

I then made my plate and sat across from her, "You sleep well" i asked taking a bite of the toast, "Better than i have in a long time" she answered, then taking a big bite of pancakes, she swallowed and continued, " i dreamed of my dad", "He must be a great man" i said with a friendly smile. "He was, he passed away a few years ago, after he died i decided to move to Canterlot, i got a job as a mailman, er, women, and worked everyday until the outbreak, i won't stop trying to reach my goal though", "and whats that" i said curiously. "to find the right man to settle down with, its what my dad wanted, he always wanted me to find the right person, but i haven't yet". You wouldn't believe how hard it was not shedding a single tear, this was the most heart touching story i had ever heard, "Im sure he'll show himself, one day".

After we finished breakfast, we got to work getting the boat moving, we sailed for Ponyville, it was in sight, but we still had an hour or two left. We just sat on the deck chatting about life for a little while, until Derpy finally asked, "you haven't said much of yourself, whats your story?" I figured if we were gonna travel, she might want to hear more about me. I told her about my parents, my horrid parents, and then the only real mother i had dying in front of me. After telling my long tale, i look at her, she was happily listening, and i could see a tear welling up in her eye. "Life was hard wasn't it' she asked on the verge of crying. I decided the best thing to do was embrace her with a hug, "it was only as bad as i portray it to be, and i know that other people have it worse, so I'm not gonna sulk on the past, but look to the future". she started to hug back, and we stayed like that for a good minute, until we decided to break it. We were closing in on the town, and we needed to find these people, time to get to work i guess.

Author's Note:

Im sorry for some of the spelling errors, i was confused on were and where for a while, how, i don't know, but i tried to fix some, but im lazy, so, oh well.