• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 1,368 Views, 15 Comments

the curse of stone and sight - dragenfire68



the basilisk, fang and the gargoyle, vatry. they are on a quest to cure vatry's stone curse and save fangs under continent home.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,368

Chapter 2: serpent's glance.

A basilisk's glance is bad, the full glare of its stare is fatal.

= POV Fang=

NO SHE CANNOT LOOK INTO MY EYES he thought in a panic, but because pinkie is being pinkie; she managed to get almost full look.

"......" was all that pinkie said before she went rigid and fell off fang's head and hit the ground.

= POV change rainbow dash =

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER YOU MONSTER", yelled Rainbow in anger and sadness

Fang turns his head to her, but not looking directly at her and says "you obviously don't know what i am, but your purple friend probably knows what i am."

Rainbow turns to Twilight and sees she visibly started to freak out.

"Yo Twilight, what wrong?" Rainbow asks

"Its a- its a- ITS A BASILISK." she stutters as she tries to be like Fluttershy and make her self as small as possible

"So?," Rainbow says bored,"what does that have to do with what happened to pinkie?"

"IT THE KING OF SNAKES, ITS GAZE IS DEADLY; Pinkie is lucky she didn't look fully into his eyes, but due to just getting a glance at his eyes, she is now paralyzed and i don't know how to counter a basilisk's paralyzation." Twilight said momentarily forgetting her fear of snakes while in her lecture mode.

"How do we beat a basilisk?"

"No one ever has, and because its scales are immune to all types of magic; the elements of harmony are rendered useless."

"Hello, anyone gonna mention me or am i invisible?" Ventry asked out loud, in a annoyed voice.

They all look around until the area, until their gaze fell on a two legged, 8' 9" creature that instead of its wings tucked at its sides, it had its wings wrapped around its self and its skin look like stone.

"I thought you were just myths!!!" Twilight exclaimed as she realized what she was looking at.

"Well gargoyles and basilisks do exist, we just don't like to show our self's unless absolutely necessary" replied Ventry

"I always read that gargoyles were extremely protective of their territory, are there any now?"

"My race lives in a stone and metal fortress across the dragon badlands, through fyre falls, and lastly you must make it across the shadowed canyon."

"Okay, are there any basilisks alive?"

"In the city of fre' kreia 150,000 miles below equestria" replies Fang

"Wow, if its so far down," Twilight says," how did you reach the surface in your life time?"

"Magical teleportation points that were hidden around equestria hundreds of years ago, by my races last wizards"

"Wait, basilisks could use magic?"

"Yes, but that all ended when many of them; went dark and invented a megaspell that would wipe out all of my people and those on the world above"

"How did you stop it?"

"Every magic user we had that was still young gave up all their life force in order to subdue the megaspell users and redirect it, since there was to much energy to disperse it."

"Couldn't they have just absorbed all the energy?"

"They were all novices, and our masters were either; to weak to help, or on the other side."

"Why did they even invent the spell in the first place?"

"Because they thought that, if they used their life force for their spell; they were immune."

"So if your people redirected the spell, where did it go?"

"My people teleported the spell to the surface then, they shot it at a distant planet far, far away from here"

"So what do you want on the surface now?"

"Well me, and my friend are searching for the princess of sun and the princess of night"

"You mean Celestia and Luna"

"Ahh, so that's the names they go by now, and yes we do seek them."

"Why do you seek out Luna, and Celestia?" Rarity inquired

"We are going to ask them if they know of a cure for the stone curse laid upon Ventry" replied Fang

"Do you even know how to get there?" Twilight asked

"Yes, we must go north, far, far to the north" replied Fang

"How do you know that they are to the north?"

"Because their magic scent points to the north, and i bet they live in the city of lights that sit upon the mountain side."

"Not to get off topic, how do i cure your paralyzation?"

"A simple anti-paralyze spell."

Twilight blushes in embarrassment as she charges a anti-paralyze spell; pinkie jumps right up and says "whatjusthappenedhuhuhuhuhdidigetfrozenithoughtiwasgonnabethereforeveritssoboring" pinkie says in her machine gun way, so of course no one understands.

"Anyways, how do you expect to got to celestia if you cant pass through a town with out inciting horror?" asks Twilight

"What has that have to do with finding celestia?" replies Fang

"Shes surrounded by ponies," Twilight replied in the "are you fucking kidding me?" look.

(Pretty much this, but on twilight.)



(Back to story)

"Hot damn,how do i get close enough to ask her then?"

"I'll just use dragon breath to send a letter asking for her assistance."

"Cool, what do me and ventry do until then?"

"Well the suns coming up, I'll just go and get stoned," ventry says," and i don't know what Fang will be doing."

"I'm going to let them go, and stop wasting their fucking time," says Fang ," and they will go and stop wasting their fucking time."

"Okay, i'll be going now," twilight says turning and then says to her friends," lets go contact princess celestia and see if we can help ventry out."

"I don't know Twilight, ventry and Fang are sketchy; i don't like them." says rainbow dash

"I'll take that to heart, and your right they are a little sketchy but we will know in time," twilight says, but she runs into part of Fang's tail and so she calls back to him "CAN YOU MOVE YOUR TAIL?"

"Oh right," Fang says and moves his tail to clear their path.

"You know they don't trust you, right?" says ventry

"I know, but what did you expect?," says Fang, turning from the path the six took," i am the king of snakes and a nearly invincible predator."

"Aww damn the sun is coming up." ventry says as the skies above turn purple

*yawn* "Good that means I'll get some sleep for now, but remember in a few weeks, you will be free from your curse of stone."

So as the sun came up and ventry returns to his temporary prison, and Fang coils up to sleep, they fail to notice the shadowy form that flits away from watching their camp.

= change POV Twilight =

"So what are your perspectives on the trustability of Fang, and Ventry?" ask twilight

"Well, for a couple of creatures that are known to be beasts of legend, they were quite civilized." rarity says

"They seemed nice enough" answers fluttershy

"You already know my answer" rainbow dash chimes in

"Ah didn't hear a single lie come from their mouths" applejack calls to twilight

"I was stunned the whole time, so i don't know." pinkie says, being pinkie

chapter end

here have a photo that i think is cool.

Author's Note:

can you spot the references?

NOW. GO.