• ...
 5
 1,649

Tea and Brains

“Sherlock, are you still on this?” Clopson asked, walking into the library, where Sherlock had set up camp and was currently residing in what seamed to be a fortress of books.

“Nothing. Absolutely bloody nothing.” He threw another book into the walls that surrounded him. “Mooriaty is nowhere. There is nothing on him.” He stomped against the ground. He took a deep breath and sighed. “It seams that that trail has gone cold.” He said sadly.

“Well, I might have some news to cheer you up.” Clopson said smiling.

“…Is it a murder?” Sherlock asked hopefully.

“Er, no… I just got back from a date.” Clopson said excitedly.

“Oh, who’s the lucky filly.” Sherlock said, feigning interest as he looked for another book that might hold the secrets he desired.

“Rainbow Dash.” He said. “Gave myself a spell to walk on clouds, she gave me a tour of Cloudsdale.”

“Hmm.” Sherlock acknowledged.

“…Isn’t that surprising?” Clopson fished.

“What? That you would ignore my advice? Not really. But I had hoped…” Sherlock was interrupted.

“She seamed to enjoy it very much!” Clopson said angrily. “I truly think that you are mistaken in your assumption of her. We had a good time, she showed me some tricks, gave me a tour of the rainbow factory, and she said she wanted to hang out more often…”

“That’s what FRIENDS do Clopson.” Sherlock responded. “Now if you are done vainly trying to prove me wrong could you help me look for anything concerning this bovine and his want for the Elements of Harmony…”

“We may have something for you.” Said a deep voice. Sherlock looked around and saw a guard at the front door. “The princess has asked for your presence immediately.”

Sherlock took on a grin. “It seams my enemy has made the first move my dear Clopson...”

“Wait! I was going to meet Rainbow Dash down at sugar cube corner…” Clopson said.

“She will also be present.” The guard responded. “It is very urgent.”

“What? Why…” Clopson asked.

“Did you not hear him? It’s urgent. I’m sure we will learn what happened once we get there.” Sherlock spoke, showing uncharacteristic patience.

“What?” Clopson asked in greater surprise. “Sherlock, you aren’t being yourself…”

“I’m usually eager to get the game over with… but this time, I may have an equal.” He smiled. “I will have to watch my step this time, I lost him before. I must think out my plans in much more detail. Clopson, you may have to be prepared to not be in the loop.” He said.

Clopson followed Sherlock and the guard and sighed, defeated. “So you mean it will be like every other day?”

Clopson took accounts of everything he saw when entering the palace. Gaurds were everywhere, security was very high, and there were almost no ponies without an armed escort. As they reached the throne room, and Celestias personal chambers, he began to hear somepony yelling…

“The GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie will not be treated in this way…” the doors were opened and Clopson took note of the blue Unicorn, with her star covered cloak and hat and her commanding demeanor.

“You just shut up you freak! I have half a mind to…” the other speaker was not a pony, and was in fact, a griffon.

“Stop it Gilda! The’re here…” It was Rainbow Dash flying in through the two.

“Dash! I’m so happy to…” Clopson started.

“Out of the way.” Sherlock pushed Clopson as he walked past. He seamed to ignore everyone else in the room… and there were quite a lot of ponies at that. There Vinyl Scratch, Prince Blueblood, many other royal ponies, Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Breaburn had come all the way from Appaloosa, and countless others. There was even a Dragon, though, not fully grown.

In the middle of the room lay Celestia, a blanket wrapped around her legs, sides, covering all but her head and face. She seamed very sickly, and tired.

“Oh… Sherlock… thank you for coming.” Celestia said in relief with a smile. Sherlock did not respond, and instead looked around the room… She continued, hoarsely, “Tea…” a guard obliged, quickly leaning and coming back with a tray of tea. “Please sit.” She said to Sherlock. He did so. Celestia poured them both a cup.

“I have not been feeling well.” She said. “And… I’m afraid… I know why.” Sherlock nodded as she bent down to the cup on the floor and soothed herself with sip. “I… I suppose I should tell you all why you are here now.” The room went deadly silent. “… I can no longer lift the sun.” there was a collective gasp inside the room. Sherlock nodded calmly, indicating to go on. “… and that is not all.” She nodded to the cup. “My magic is gone. I can no longer even lift a cup to my lips.” She bent down once more, but had not the will to take another gulp. “and… I was given this message…” he nodded to a scroll by her side.

“If you would please read it… I fear that my voice is going too.” She closed her eyes in sorrow as Sherlock stood, took the letter, and read it aloud…

“Dear Princess Celestia, for too long have you ruled this land. I have acquired the Elements of Harmony, and with them, I have stolen back what is rightfully mine by birthright. Then sun and moon are now mine to command, And if you ever wish to see the sun again, you must relinquish you tyrannical hold over the throne as well as it’s treasury, it’s castle, and all other privileges.
Your faithful sister, Luna.”

The room was once again silent.

“She was gone this morning.” Celestia said. “Half her breakfast was eaten, but nothing else. As if she left on a whim…” Celestia stopped, trying not to let herself cry. “I… I called you over Sherlock… to make sure this was her writing.” She sniffed, a single tear going down her face. “The other detectives said there was no doubt… but if there is, please… please, tell me.” Sherlock kept quiet, deep in thought. He took his time, going back to his seat before the princess, reading the letter over and over again, and sipping his tea.

“I am keeping this a secret now.” Celestia broke the silence once more. “but when the next morning comes, and the sun does not rise… All of Equestria will panic. And I will be forced to give into her whims. That’s why I brought you all here. Twilight, all your friends, and Gilda and Trixe… to spread to word to Ponyville, the other griffons, and Hoofington. This disaster affects us all…”

Sherlock quickly stood, and all eyes fell upon him. He said not a word, turned, and walked to the door. No one stopped him. He opened the door, and trotted off.

“What does that mean…” Twilight said from her place in the room.

“Sherlock!” Clopson yelled, going after him. He quickly left the room and found Sherlock looking closely at the dirt in a nearby flour pot.

“What wrong?” Clopson said, immediately alarmed.

“Interesting plant.” He said.

Clopson eyed him suspiciously. “This is one of those things your not letting me in on isn’t it?”

“You getting more perceptive by the minute my dear Clopson.” Sherlock said with a wry smile and turning his attention to him. “Did you get the names of all the ponies… er, creatures inside.” He asked.

“Of course.” Clopson nodded.

“Now… when I walk back into that room, just act natural, and pretend to believe everything I say.” Sherlock ordered. “When everypony… er, every… one? Everyone? That’s sounds weird…. No, lets stick with everypony, sounds better.” He said. “Anyway, when they leave, stay. Eventually, there will be another letter. But do not be alarmed by what it says.” He continued. “well… act concerned.” He corrected himself.

“Sherlock, are you sure this is necessary…” Clospon asked.

“If we are to arrest all those involved and bring them to justice, yes.” He responded. “Now, I will need that list,” he said. Clospons took it from his pocket and gave to the detective. “Good.” He trotted back into the room.

“Sherlock?” Twilight was waiting nervously by the door. Everypony awaited Sherlocks next words.

“… I’m sorry. Those are in fact her words.” He said. Celestia bowed her head in shame. “However, all is not lost. If we can find her, I’m sure we can fight back against her.” Sherlock replied.

“… I am so sorry everypony… I am so sorry.” Celestia spoke, putting her head down against the ground.

“I am personally not feeling very well.” Sherlock said. “I believe we should warn our respective nations, and return here before the ‘morrow .” He said. “by that time I’m confidant I will find the location of your sister.”

“… of course.” Celestia said raising her head, and mustering the strength to reply. “I… I’ll rally the guards. And make an official statement.”

“I’ll help with anything you need…” Clopson said politely.

“You won’t leave her side.” Sherlock added.

“Oh, you really mustn’t, my guards are more the capable…”

“He must be there to… take notes… just in case.” Sherlock stated. “Now I really must go, I’m truly not feeling well, but I assure you, I will settle this.” Sherlock then left the room rather quickly.

The others then began to leave, Trixie, Gilda, Twilight and her friends, the small dragon, and all the others. And once they had all left, Clopson was alone with Celestia and her guards.

“Don’t worry your majesty, I’m sure things will clear up soon. Sherlock is on the case…” An incoming letter then interrupted Clopson. It appeared before Celesta and fell to the ground. “Oh, I will get that for you.” He picked it up with his magic.

“Will you read it out for me?” Celestia said. “I did not wish to scare anyone… but I feel my sight is failing me as well.”
Clopsosn obliged, but was dumbstruck by what it said,

“If you attempt to fight back, I will use my magic to tear Sherlock’s brilliant brain apart, piece by piece.” Clopson paused and his heart skipped a beat. “In fact, I have already started.”