• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,075 Views, 105 Comments

The Day My Life Ended - Authora97



What do you do when you're out with friends at a karaoke bar and six people walk in looking just like ponies from Ponyville! Well, that's my problem.

  • ...
34
 105
 3,075

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Twilight Sparkle (Revised)

They took Raspberry away. Morgan, sorry, they took her away. Lilac went after her. I can’t even imagine what that poor girl must be going through. Everything in me wanted to follow, to make sure she was okay.

Caroline and Anna dragged us to their car. I assumed it was to bring us to Morgan. I was wrong. Instead, they took us back to their house.

Rarity spoke up about that first. “This isn’t the hospital! Why are we back here?”

“The last time you all followed her into the hospital, two of you got arrested and Morgan went missing all day.” Anna replied. “What day was that? Oh yeah. This morning.”

“Anna.” Caroline chided. “It’s fine.”

“No! It’s not fine!” Anna shouted. She stormed off into their home. Caroline chased after her.

I turned to the others. “What happened there, girls?”

Everyone shrugged, looking equally confused.

“I don’t know! I just got Lilac out of there.” Dash said.

“I followed to make sure Lilac was okay.” Fluttershy added. “I tried fighting, and did end up hitting one of them.”

“Me too!” Spike cheered. “I finished off the one that Fluttershy hit!” He turned to Rarity, smiling wide. “Did you see that?”

“Sorry, Spike, I was distracted by a ruffian. Maybe two?” Rarity guessed. Spike drooped.

“I hit three people!” Pinkie cheerfully admitted. “With the party cannon!”

“After that attack, Ah got Raspberry out.” Applejack said.

I nodded. All of that made sense. Still, Morgan went down. I reacted at that time. My magic attacks hit Dominic, that’s clear in my mind. Morgan was taken away and hurt. She’s even more hurt than she was yesterday. I’m so worried about my friend.

“Poor Lilac.” Fluttershy started to cry again. Her big teal eyes swelled up, dripping tears over her face. “Her mother is so hurt.”

The door to the Bellingham house opened. Caroline stood. “Hey.” We turned to her. “Get inside.”

==DMLE==

It’s a very lovely house. That’s something I’d like to say to these girls. Except every time we have come to visit, their friend was hurt and missing.

“Mr Spencer sent out an email to everyone.” Caroline explained. Her sister was nowhere to be seen. “Morgan made it to the hospital. They’re starting surgery now.”

“Surgery?” Rarity asked. “It’s that bad?”

“She got shot, Rarity. Yes it’s that bad.” Caroline snapped. We all wilted. “Sorry. It- Mr Spencer was asking who that little girl was. Anna was going to go pick her up.”

“Y’all sure that’s a good idea?” Applejack asked.

“What, you think she should stay with strangers?”

“No! She’d be stayin’ with her ma!” Applejack tried. “Ain’t seen nobody love her ma like that girl does. Even when she hangs out with my sister, Apple Bloom, all that dragon talks about everythin’ she’s done with her family.”

Caroline shook her head. “Well her family doesn’t even know she exists, and the only one who does was just shot. So somebody needs to get-” She paused. She glanced at me, sighing. “Get-?”

“Lilac.”

“-get Lilac back.” Caroline said. “So we’re going.”

Spike blocked her path. “I think- actually, wouldn’t it be better if she stayed? Just for one night?”

“No it-”

“Because she was just taken from her mom, and just got her back.” Spike said. Caroline paused. “It’ll make her really sad to lose her again.”

Caroline wilted. She almost started crying. She squeezed her fists at her side, reaching one up to her shoulder.

“Caroline?” Fluttershy asked.

The girl shook her head. She ran off, leaving us in her living room.

Nopony said anything. Nopony could say anything. I didn’t know what to do, what to say. How could this problem be fixed? What lesson could be learned, sent to Princess Celestia? I can’t think of anything.

I can’t think of anything.

==DMLE==

Anna handed us the laundry basket.

“Thank you, for all of this.” Fluttershy said. She lowered the basket to the ground, handing them out to everypony.

Anna shrugged. “It’s no trouble. Caroline put the blankets out, right?”

“Umm.” Fluttershy glanced back. She hid her face in her hair, whispering. “No.”

“Okay. See you in the morning.” Anna closed the door behind her.

We all sunk down on the ground. Spike made an especially loud sad sigh, flopping back on the bed.

“What are we going to do?” Rainbow Dash asked. “We need a plan.”

“For what?” Twilight asked. “She’s in the hospital again. All we can do is wait.”

Fluttershy grabbed an outfit from the basket. She passed them around to the correct pony. “Even after, she’ll be too hurt to do anything. We can’t ask more of her.”

“That’s certainly true.” Rarity took her outfit, folding it neatly. She tucked it away onto a dresser. “The poor dear. Two hospital visits in as many days, she must be so exhausted.”

“Okay. Then how are we helping her there?” Rainbow Dash kept on. “She’ll need stuff. Stuff that the humans don’t know she needs. Lilac too.”

“She’s human here.” Applejack pointed out. “Think they can handle that.”

“No. Rainbow Dash has a point.” Twilight stood up. She sat at Spike’s side. The human boy curled up beside her. “Spike still has his dragon abilities here. If he does, then so does Lilac.”

That made the ponies all pause. Humanity lacked magic completely. The closest magic user was Morgan Spencer. Even then, it’s very clear she’s rare. The only others were the people that just attacked her.

“We have no gemstones to give her.” Rarity said. “We left them at home.”

“We can throw a ‘Congratulations on Getting Better’ Party!” Pinkie suggested.

“That’s a good idea, Pinkie Pie.” Twilight said. Pinkie preened. “But let’s wait until after she’s out?”

Pinkie saluted. “I’ll get on it right away!”

“Let’s get some sleep.” Twilight suggested. “We won’t come up with anything without sleep.”

The girls agreed.

==DMLE==

It took another few minutes to get sleeping arrangements in order. Most of the girls slept on the guest bed, with Applejack and Rainbow Dash asleep on the floor and Spike asleep on a couch.

Twilight was at the edge. She tried to sleep, but none came. She crawled out of the bed. She walked out of the room.

It’s dark outside now. Stars were in the sky. She recognized some patterns, but they were all so strange and bizarre. It’s also cold. Twilight curled her arms tighter around herself, rubbing her arms for more heat. She thought it’d be colder without any fur. Somehow, her human skin had some tolerance against it.

She walked downstairs. Caroline was in the kitchen. The girl had a mug in her hands, staring at a kettle.

“Oh.” Twilight flinched back. Caroline turned to her. “Sorry. I thought everyone was asleep.”

“Couldn’t.” Caroline replied. She sighed, walking to a cabinet. “Here. I’ll make you some tea.”

“Oh, you don’t have to-”

“I’m gonna.” She grabbed a white mug, and another tea bag. “Sleepytime tea. Mom uses it sometimes, she won’t mind if we take some bags.”

Twilight accepted it. She held the mug in her hands. Hands. Human hands, with all the extra digits.

Caroline and Twilight waited. The water slowly began to boil, but not yet.

“Any word?” Twilight asked.

Caroline shook her head.

“Is no news good news?” Twilight asked.

The water started to sing. Caroline lifted it from the stove. She poured water in her mug, and Twilight held out hers. Caroline poured water there too. “Sometimes. But I’d like news anyway.”

Twilight fidgeted with the warm cup. The tea bag turned the water brown, slowly darkening with time. The smell floated up. It soothed some of the anxiety inside of her.

Caroline dipped her bag in the water, over and over.

“Is she a good mom?” Caroline asked.

Twilight paused. “Sorry?”

“Morgan. Is she a good mom?” Caroline clarified. “To Lilac?”

Twilight considered it. She often thought differently in the early days. But then again, Twilight thought differently about everyone during her first impressions of them. “Yes.”

Caroline nodded. “Right.”

Twilight frowned deeper. The answer was a good word for Morgan. Still, she can’t help feeling that it made Caroline sadder. “I-”

Caroline walked away. She held tight to the mug in her hands. It’s not quite storming off but it’s not politely leaving either.

Now Twilight was left alone in the kitchen with a hot cup of tea.

PreviousChapters Next