• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,069 Views, 105 Comments

The Day My Life Ended - Authora97



What do you do when you're out with friends at a karaoke bar and six people walk in looking just like ponies from Ponyville! Well, that's my problem.

  • ...
34
 105
 3,069

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twelve: Twilight Sparkle (Revised)

Twilight knew sometimes she could get a little panicked. She liked to think she was doing a decent job of hiding her panic.

Which we all know is a lie. For her sake, we’ll pretend she’s hiding it so well.

She and the rest of their group had been brought to the hospital. The humans had been witnesses to her fall, so they’d come along to give statements to the medical professionals. The ponies had refused to leave Morgan hanging without knowing she was okay.

She wasn’t in surgery for long. Twilight could hear a lot of what the doctors were saying to the Spencers about Morgan’s condition. It was in a private room, but Twilight stood close by to hear.

“-to her medical file, she experienced a fall like this before?” The doctor asked.

“Yes. She was much younger.” Mr Spencer answered. “She had a broken arm.”

“I was aware of that, so I wanted to check if she had any more injuries. She’s been unconscious for a lot longer than any of us would like. I can’t get a proper look at her mental state until she wakes up. When I checked with an X-ray, a lot of things came up.”

“Like what?” Mrs Spencer asked. She held her hand over her chest, clenching it into her shirt.

Twilight’s own hands fidgeted with each other.

“Is your daughter into a scene she shouldn’t? A bad crowd?”

“What are you saying? What’s wrong with her?”

“The X-ray revealed your daughter having a lot more than a broken bone.” The doctor stated. “She has a multitude of scars we can’t explain from this. Scars that don’t make sense unless you run with that crowd.”

“What, you’re asking if she’s in a gang?” Mr Spencer asked.

“My daughter would never! We raised her better than that!” Mrs Spencer defended.

“Does she have any friends you don’t know about?” The doctor asked.

Twilight held her breath.

“Friends you’ve never met?”

“...Nathan, those girls this morning-”

“Sarah do you know what you’re saying-”

“Those girls had pink and purple hair! You know who has pink and purple hair? People in gangs!”

“Ma-am, please-”

‘Hold on- Fluttershy and Rarity? In a gang?What the-’

Twilight walked back towards her friends in the waiting room. She was no calmer than she had been when she first started spying- I mean gathering reconnaissance.


==DMLE==


This soon leads us to the magical moment of why something happened. The why exactly Rainbow Dash and Applejack were arrested.

The two of them were walking to the bathroom. Walking around the human world for so long, they had to go eventually.

“Where did the nurse say it was again?” Dash asked, scratching the back of her head.

Applejack glanced at the doors around. “Down the hall, take a right, then three doors down.” She stopped at a pair of doors. One had a feminie figure, the other had a masculine. Course, they were ponies, they didn’t know the difference. “Ah think.”

To confirm Applejack’s guess, a woman walked out of the bathroom. A familiar blonde woman. One would call this convenient, almost as if there was some kind of plot happening around the Mane 6. But that wasn’t possible- surely there wasn’t any sort of outside interference.

We asked Discord. He denied involvement.

(It helped that he was still in stone at this stage)

So it was all just a coincidence that the woman who walked out of the bathroom the same time Applejack and Rainbow Dash were standing outside it was Sarah Spencer, mother to Morgan Spencer.

A mother who was oh so worried her child was in a gang. With the only proof she had of it was three girls she’d met that morning, one being Applejack herself.

“You!” Mrs Spencer snapped, realizing who she was about to walk into.

Applejack blanched. She, too, had realized who it was. “Ma’am-”

“It’s you! Where are the others?! The ones that did this to my daughter!” Mrs Spencer ranted.

“Hey, lady, we don’t know you!” Dash snapped.

“Dash, that’s Morgan’s ma!” Applejack warned in a low hiss.

That took the wind from Dash’s wings. “Oh.”

That only made Mrs Spencer angrier. “You! You had something to do with this!”


==DMLE==


Being arrested snowballed from here.

Mrs Spencer had called the police.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were taken in for questioning concerning Morgan’s accident. Everyone involved knew it wasn’t serious. They knew it was probably all just an accident, and the actions of a concerned mother.

Everyone...except Twilight.

Rainbow Dash had resisted arrest, not recognizing the officers as guards like from her world. Now Dash when in on charges of assaulting an officer.

So maybe Twilight’s fears weren’t so unfounded.


==DMLE==


This brings us to that fateful message Twilight gave to a passed out Morgan.

Mr Spencer had left with Mrs Spencer to check on his sons, and give his wife a moment’s peace. Anne and Caroline had offered to watch over Morgan in the meanwhile. If they snuck in everypony else, did it matter?

Rarity and Fluttershy were standing in the corner of the room. Fluttershy had been doing her best to keep Rarity from being overly panicked. It was working really well.

Spike and Pinkie were coloring. Not that anypony were surprised. Anna and Caroline kept giving them weird looks.

Twilight fretted at Morgan’s bedside. The Reality Jumper was pale. She always seemed so tall, but this bed and room made her seem tiny. “I don’t like it. The doctors say she should have woken up by now. Why hasn’t she woken up?”

“Twilight, are you alright? You seem stressed.” Fluttershy advised.

“Fluttershy is right. Pacing won’t wake Raspberry up.” Rarity noted.

Twilight shook her head. “But they said they won’t know how the fall affected her mental health until she wakes up. What if she’s really hurt, and we don’t know it yet?

“Is she always like this?” Anna asked Spike.

The dragon solemnly nodded. “We call it ‘Twilighting’.”

Twilight was still fretting. “Calm down. Okay, calm down. I think I can do that.”

To her credit, she lasted a full minute.

Spike timed it. He made a note of it as a personal best for her.

“What about Applejack and Rainbow Dash?!” Twilight yelped. “They got arrested! I don’t know how to fix that! They’re gonna find out we aren’t from here. Who knows what they’ll do then! Oh no, oh no.”

“Morgan can fix it.” Pinkie dismissed. She was coloring herself giving Raspberry a cake, the words ‘get well soon’ were written haphazardly.

“She’s not waking up!” Twilight argued.

“She’ll wake up soon and fix it.” Pinkie pulled out a tube of glitter from her hair, dumping it onto the card. “She always fixes stuff for you!”

That didn’t make Twilight feel any better.

“What’s she like, in...wherever you’re from?” Anna asked, pointedly ignoring Pinkie stuffing the glitter back in her mane. “She didn’t talk much about what it was like for that.”

Twilight slowed in her pacing. “You want to know about Equestria?”

Anna nodded.

Twilight hadn’t expected a question like that. Ever. Everypony she knew was from Equestria. Why would she ever have to think about explaining it?

She was in a new world. Different things were expected here, clearly.

Maybe if she took time to understand this world, understand friendship here, maybe she would be one step to understanding why Morgan came in the first place.

“Equestria is a magical place, not like here.” Twilight began. Anna leaned in her seat. Caroline started listening. “Back home, pegasi control the weather and how the clouds move. It’s weird to see them moving without it. We have two Princesses, Celestia and Luna, who control the movement of the sun and moon...”


==DMLE==


As they talked, a man was standing by Morgan’s hospital room.

He listened to what the unicorn was saying to the others.

He typed a message on his phone. ‘Characters confirmed. She brought them over’.

A second later he got the reply.

‘Keep watch over her. We need to assess if they’re threats or not.’

The man wanted to say he heard the unicorn say her kind could control the weather and planetary alignments, but he got the feeling he’d be laughed at for bringing up cartoon physics, so he said nothing.

‘Yes sir.’

He stayed by his post at her door.

This girl had no idea what damage she’d done.

PreviousChapters Next