• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 600 Views, 3 Comments

Archlight, but call me Archie. - Stonemonarch



(My Oc)Archlight, or Archie as some ponies call him, is a Canterlot castle guard in training, training directly under Shining Armor. and lets just say Archies life becomes more then the average stallion should have as of being in love and with a job.

  • ...
4
 3
 600

Time for RNR!

My name is Archlight, but call me Archie. I'm a unicorn with white fur and black and blue hair , Im a trainee in the Canterlot Castle Guards and I train under Shining Armor, he's one of my best friends but I rarely see him because he's the captains of the guards. Well, I do have another friend.

"Archie! Guess what?!" she came in practically yelling and breaking down my dorm room door.
This is Mist Wind, she's a pegasus who has light green skin and silver hair with a long streak of black down her mane she is under the training of both the Wonderbolts and Canterlot Castle Guards. She is a bit....excitable although she's been my best friend since we were a filly and a colt. I guess she's grown on me after all these years.

"What is it this time, Mist?" I said that rather sarcastically and I guess she noticed rather quickly.

"Why are you saying like its a bad thing?" she said while grabbing a strategy book out of my hand and putting it back on my shelf.

I sighed, removed my glasses and looked at her. "Well maybe because the last time you came to my room, practically breaking the door down, you believed there was a dragon among the Castle Guards, when it was just Limestone pretending to be a dragon to scare Shining Armor that one Nightmare Night."

"Well, this time its different, Shining Armor is going to announce two of the trainees to go to Ponyville for RNR. I mean come on wouldn't you like to get away from this and get to do something fun?!" I guess not considering I spend my time with strategies and I'm also a giant loser, considering the fact I rarely show up for training sessions, besides lunch and strategy class.

"Well no, I don't see this being fun, mainly 'cause I'm not one for tons of ponies." I stood up and grabbed my glasses and book and walked out to get to the mid-day meeting, having Mist fly next to me.

"Oh coooome on! Archie your not going to get anywhere in life if you don't start getting a bigger social life you'll grow up alone and old" apparently from what I could tell, Mist was over-exaggerating. We eventually made it to the meeting room and we stood at the front looking at Shining Armor holding a small envelope. Im guessing he tried to make him self look like a sweepstakes announcer, even though he's just Shining Armor.

"Alright, everypony calm down before I announce the winners of the RNR trip to Ponyville, I'm going to give you guys some news." I think I saw Mist cringe at the fact she was the only girl in the Guards. She was most likely irritated he said guys, oh well thats what happens when your in an occupation that is designed for Stallions and not Mares, Mist was the only one brave enough to do so, plus her entry scores were better then half the guys there, although mine were the best, thats why I train under Shining Armor himself.

"Alright, well happy birthday to you Slick, alright its time to announce the winners, and the winners for the Ponyville RNR trip are; Archlight and Mist Wind!" everyone either awed or cheered. My mood was obviously uninterested but Mist was jumping with joy.

A few hours have passed and I was packing my stuff, mainly by just levitating a few books into my saddle bags. I also slid in my glasses case, cleaner, and replacement lenses. I threw on my saddlebags and grabbed my Canterlot Guard Trainee badge, basically it designates that your a Canterlot Guard Trainee, we wear it when we go out, just so if were lost we can be identified. Although Mist had to wear two because the other one is for the Wonderbolts trainee badge, obviously it was the golden leader one.

"Oh come on Archie it will be fun, you will see!" she said that with the biggest grin I've ever seen and I suppose when Mist grins you just have to feel good about it.

"Well I guess you may be right Mist, I'll try my best to have a good time, for you." she laughed rather cutely then instantly jetted out of the room and outside to the train station. I sighed and looked in my room for a while, then closed my door and walked through the Castle barracks, that is until Shining Armor stopped me.

"You know you actually weren't the real winner right?" as he said looking down at me. Of course this caught me by surprised and I think I yelled on accident.

"What do you mean I didn't actually win the RNR!!!" before anyone heard me, Shining Armor put his hoof over my mouth and looked around. He slowly took his hoof off my mouth and starting whispering.


"Look the reason I chose you, is because I think you should at the very best try to meet some new people and feel the freedom of meeting everyone." of course Shining Armor sounded sympathetic, although I thought it was a demonic curse he laid on me.

"Well then was Mist actually chosen." as I said look at him.

"Well technically no, I chose her as well, mainly because I thought you at least needed someone you knew with you, of course I could've gone and introduced you to my sister but of course I've got a family and I'm captain of the guards so....you know how it is."

"Not really." as I said sarcastically.

"Perfect, now go and get'em bro." his reply to that ended up in him pushing me out of the Castle doors and Mist was jetting at me, just to push me even further towards the train station.

"Yay, yay, yay, yay!" she kept saying this while we were walking into the train to Ponyville.

A few hours go by and we're sitting in one of the cars facing each other, of course she's jumping with joy and I'm sitting there watching the land go by as we approach Ponyville. First, I looked at a clock and it read 4 o' clock pm. It was close to getting sundown, and I couldn't wait to fall asleep.

"Hey! Archie do you think that we may be able to get some great food from Ponyville, or maybe we can find some fun things to do, oh oh! or maybe we could check out a umm, park." she noticed I wasn't to excited and she went calm and got serious and put her hoof on my knee.

"Hey, Archie it's gonna be alright, Ponyville is a happy place, I assure you, we'll be alright along with the other ponies, but please can you just stop moping and be excited for once, I want to have a great time, and your moping is not helping." of course for a moment there I thought she had a angered tone, but that obviously stopped until she saw a giant cake roll by, then she hunted it down and I couldn't stop grinning. It was a little odd to grin that much.

"I guess I could have a little fun while I'm there." I took off my glasses, put them in their case and laid them next to me so I could fall asleep. Although I didn't notice I went to sleep at four, so I ended up waking up around six pm and I couldn't go back to sleep. I stood up all the way until we arrived in Ponyville.

It was around seven when we arrived in Ponyville, I had to wake up Mist because she went to sleep pretty late, considering how much cake she ate. So, we gathered our things and got off the train. First thing I noticed was six ponies getting on the train back to Canterlot. For some reason I got the idea they were important but shrugged it off. The second thing however, that caught my eye was three mares sitting down at a table, one with red hair almost looking like a rose color. The one next to her was a orange carrot color, the last one was a pegasus that had a silvery mane. To be honest I couldn't stop starring at the rose one. I think Mist picked up quite quick because she teased me in a whisper

"Yoooooou like her don't you Archie?" of course she giggled so loudly and I rolled my eyes pretending I didn't.

"No, I do not like her, and don't tease me either." of course I turned around to face her but then someone tapped my shoulder and would you believe it? It was the Rose mare.

"Hi there, Im Roseluck, welcome to Ponyville!" she said with a big a grin and of course I was sitting there dumb struck.

"H-hi"

Author's Note:

No notes :3