• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 566 Views, 1 Comments

Hidden by Shadows - Authora97



When the Mane 6 find three young mares just outside the limits of Ponyville, a large amount of questions are left unanswered. Also, a new evil arises in Equestria. One that not even Celestia is able to stop.

  • ...
6
 1
 566

Reunion

It was morning, only two of the sisters had awoken. Abigail was always a late sleeper and took a few hits with Skylar’s wing to get her eyes to open.

‘Hey guys, what time is it?’ Abigail asked her sisters with the thought-giver spell.

“After 10 Thora. What, cha have a bad dream or something?” Skylar asked. Abigail shifted uncomfortably on the spare bed in Twilight’s house. “Gail, did you have a bad dream?” Abigail nodded.

‘It was about him. I dreamt he came here to Equestria. He started...killing everypony... I tried to run. But that only made him catch up faster. He had Dandelion. He was hurting my little Lion.’ Skylar began holding her unicorn sister as tears began to flow from her eyes.

Megan however, wasn’t so emotional about this. She was too angry to cry.

“We escaped him and that bastard is still haunting us!” Megan yelled.

“Meg please you’ll attract unwanted attention.” Skylar explained. Megan was having none of it.

“When I see that blue loving bastard I’ll wrap my hooves around his neck and watch his face turn his favorite color!” Megan said enthusiastically. Skylar let go of Abigail and walked up to the bright green filly.

“His three times you height Pipsqueak.” Skylar scolded. “You’ll be gone before we could even hope to help. You’re just a filly here remember?"

Abigail suspected a fight between the sisters so she quickly intervened with happy news.

‘Guess what I heard last night?’ She tried. This got Skylar’s attention.

“Huh?”

‘I heard Fluttershy talk with Twilight. She found a baby dragon in her cottage. She was hurt all over and some of her teeth had been pulled out.’

“How is that happy news?” Megan asked. Abigail gave a warm smile, a tear of joy fell from her cheek.

“Gail, did she find...?” Gail nodded at her sister before the question was even finished.

‘Fluttershy said the dragon’s name was Dandelion. She found my little baby.’ Skylar gave her sister a happy hug while Megan was dragged over by a white aura. ‘She also said a mean pony pushed her into a bush. Megan, do you know anything about this?’ She also said a mean pony pushed her into a bush. Megan, do you know anything about this?’ Megan began trying to find an escape route.

“Maybe! You can’t prove anything!” Megan shouted. Skylar grew a sinister smile.

“Authora, I noticed Twilight seemed a little low on quills.” Megan’s brown eyes widened.

‘I did notice that. Now if only we had a way of helping her with that? Megan, you have anything to say on this?’ Abigail asked.

Megan looked at her older sisters. She knew she was dead pony meat no matter what she said. “I might’ve played a game with Overbite that caused her to get lost inside the Everfree Forest but Overbite was just asking for it!”

Now, the sisters aren’t to sure what happened next. They only just began to remember things as they came into
the view of Twilight.


Authora came down the stairs with a satisfied smile on her face. Flutterwing came not too long afterwards with a confused look and having trouble staying balanced. The filly that came down next made Spike fall over laughing.

Pipsqueak. With a sky blue coat, a white mane with a few yellow streaks, and purple eyes. The only sign of he little green filly from earlier was her haircut.

Twilight combined all her control to make sure she didn’t fall over laughing. The shock from how she ended up like that helped.

They went up there to wake Authora up right? Twilight asked herself.

Authora sat down on the kitchen table, putting some of the delicious apple pancakes Spike had made on a plate placed before her, looking as though her sister’s coloring was normal.

“Pipsqueak, what happened to you?” Twilight asked. Flutter, who finally regained her sense of balance, spoke for her mute sister.

“Thora got mad at Pip for something. This is her punishment.” Pipsqueak kept looking down on the floor. “I don’t remember most of what happened after that.”

“How long is she going to be like this?” Twilight asked. A piece of paper suddenly floated up to Twilight and soon words appeared on it.

‘As long as it takes for her to learn her lesson.’ It read. The paper flipped over and more words appeared, ‘Anything we can do today Twilight?’

While running calculations in her head, Twilight was barely able to speak.

“I don’t think Twilight is up for conversation Thora.” Flutterwing said.

“She’s probably trying to figure out how you are keeping Pipsqueak like that and haven’t fainted yet.” Spike said, “Right Twi?” The purple unicorn only nodded.

Authora let out a sigh and walked up to the paper, slowly lowered it until she was face to face with the studious pony. Her horn began to glow a cloud white.

‘Twilight Sparkle, just let it go. You’ll be stuck like this all day and won’t get any closer to figuring it out. I’m gonna head over to Fluttershy’s. Flutter probably wants to spend time with Rarity, Flutter loves to design clothes. And I’m sure Pipsqueak wants to find those Crusaders or stay inside. See you later!’ Twilight heard.

She finally began to show signs of life. She thought carefully, why couldn’t anypony go to Fluttershy’s house?

“Spike we have to stop them! She’s going to see the dragon!” Spike quickly dropped the frying pan, turned off the oven and ran with Twilight towards the dark pink unicorn who was somehow well ahead of them.


Authora however, knew she was going to be followed and created a decoy her to distract Twilight long enough for her to see Fluttershy. Authora just couldn’t let Twilight get in the way of the little yellow dragon she lost. Changing her colors was something too good for Pipsqueak, why if she had her way then Pipsqueak would’ve been transported home.

But, it would have to do for now. Because all she could think about was seeing her Dandelion and the shame of her being so hurt. At least she knew Fluttershy’s house was a safe place. That the little dragon was being properly healed and not being sent off to the Princesses.

With a quick push, Authora eliminated the thought. She didn’t want to know what would happen to her little Dandelion if she was sent to the Dragon lands.

After ten minutes of worrying and self-assuring, Authora saw the familiar cottage surrounded by small animals homes.

She teleported to the door and began knocking.

“Oh sorry, be right there!” Authora heard Fluttershy say. She also heard some more whispers and guessed Fluttershy was telling Dandelion to hide.

The hairs on Authora’s neck stood. Somepony was watching her. She took a quick look and saw the Everfree Forest and bird nests. One of which held a Blue Jay staring his black eyes at her.

Authora was scared to death of blue jays. Back home, there was almost always one following her. Once she was completely surrounded by them and nothing she did would make them fly away. She knew why she feared them and why they followed her.

And it was all his fault.

Just before she ran off, Fluttershy opened the door.

“Oh Authora, what a surprise! Please, please, come in.” The butter yellow pegasus slowly gestured inside her little home.

With one last good look at the blue terror, Authora walked inside.

Fluttershy was going about, putting some small things back in their places.

“I’m sorry the place is such a mess. We had an exciting morning.” Fluttershy quickly explained.

‘I bet you did.’ Authora thought. She made sure she didn’t project it out to others though, Fluttershy would surely faint.

“I forgot you couldn’t talk. Here, let me get you something to write with.” Fluttershy flew off into the kitchen. Authora used this time to try and get a message to Dandelion.

‘Dandy, it’s Mommy. I’m waiting for you downstairs. Please hurry.’ Authora projected. No sooner had the message floated off towards what she could only guess was Fluttershy’s room, Twilight busted in with Spike right behind her.

“Authora, wait,” Twilight gasped, she had been winded out by chasing the double only to find she was fake. “You can’t go to Fluttershy’s.” Authora giggled. Fluttershy flew in with a small notebook and writing utensils

“Oh Twilight, Spike. What are you doing here?” Fluttershy asked as faint footsteps walked towards them all.

“We came...to remind...Authora that...you were busy today...and couldn’t visit.” Twilight explained in between pants.

“What she said.” Spike commented.

“I always have time for a friend Twilight.” Fluttershy went up close to Twilight. “I made sure Dandelion was upstairs before I let Authora in.” She assured. Twilight let out a sigh of relief. Authora just stared at the encounter with confused eyes. Twilight did know that she was already inside Fluttershy’s house, right?

“Twilight, I think we have a problem.” Spike told his friend. “Look,” He pointed a purple finger towards the stairs.

There, for everypony to see, was a yellow baby dragon. Parts of her body were covered in white cloth. She walked into the room with her orange eyes wide.

“Dandelion, I told you to stay upstairs!” Fluttershy said. Dandelion paid no attention to it. Just the dark pink unicorn standing just a few feet away from her.

“You found her.” Dandelion mumbled.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“My mommy. You found my mommy!’ Dandelion screamed as she ran to hug Authora. The unicorn had been holding tears back in her eyes since she saw her yellow baby walk into sight.

She gripped the dragon as though she would never let go. The dragon did the same, letting her own tears fall onto her mother’s coat.

They were together and they would never get separated again.

Author's Note:

This took three hours to write. Many of the words had missing letters so twenty minutes of them were spent putting the letters inside the words. I really hate this mac but I will use what I can to give you more of tis story.
Comment, like, and fav this story!