• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 1,946 Views, 18 Comments

Celestial Tortures Book I: Monster - Rarity Belle



Was Discord always as evil or chaotic as he is known for? Or did something else turn him to that path..? Madness is a powerful something to have, devastating to wield.

  • ...
13
 18
 1,946

Chapter 3

“It feels like I fell asleep, and woke up in a nightmare.

Fallen into a world of chaos, you're the reason that I'm here.”

The sun slowly rose back up from its dark sleep, the two lovebirds woke up in each other’s forelegs and arms. They were gazing at each other, staring deep in the eyes. “Morning Celestia,” spoke Discord with a loving voice, “slept well?”

Celestia began to smile upon the sight of her lover. “It wasn't a dream at all then, and yes I slept very well,” she said to him.

“Oh, then what kind of dream did you had?” asked Discord out of curiosity.

The mare giggled and made her reply. “That I met the love of my life, a young draconequus named Discord.”

The draconequus chuckled lightly as he began to cuddle his love. “He is very real to me, my love,” he replied with a loving tone in voice. She cuddled him in return and looked him loving in the eyes as she again got lost in them and moved in for another kiss.

But some time later a knock on the door did its turn through the room. The both of them shocked a little as the young mare took the word. “W-Who is there?”

“Tia, what are you still doing in here at this hour?” asked a feminine voice on the other side.

“W-What do you..? It is morning,” replied Celestia in a bit of a confused tone in her voice.

“Morning? It is already afternoon sis!” That revelation shocked the mare a little and she opened the curtain with her magic. As the curtains opened themselves, she was met by the bright light of the afternoon sun, resulting in her closing them again.

“W-What do you need, Luna?” the mare asked while she fell back in her pillow.

“I? I need nothing sis. Mother asked me to see if you are doing alright,” answered Luna.

Celestia moaned a little uneasy while she snuggled herself back in the blankets of the bed while Discord answered the words. “We are doing just fine.”

“Alright. Say, do you two plan to come out anytime soon or not?” asked the blue mare in a teasing manner. The tease was obvious for her older sister, who could only chuckle once.

“Luna, please, I am not in the mood right now,” answered the elder sister though. The younger one giggled softly and her hooves could be heard leaving the door.

“We really should go out, my love,” said Discord. But when he looked to Celestia, he saw that she was already back to sleep. He let go a small chuckle as he let it go and cuddled her comfortable while gently stroking her mane. He tried not to wake her up and slowly fell back to sleep himself.

---

Back in the throne room sat both Mother and Father on the chair itself as Luna walked back in. Mother smiled to her and she asked in a polite tone. “And? What did she say?”

The younger alicorn stood before the throne as she spoke with a playful tone in her voice. “They are doing well, but give them some time though.”

Father nodded under a gentle chuckle and Mother replied with words of his own. “Alright Luna, you are free to do what you want now.”

Luna nodded and spread her wings almost right away. She gave a couple powerful flaps with them and slowly got airborne. She found herself hovering slightly before her parents. “Then I am going to fly a little and just see where it ends from there. And yes, I will stay out of trouble, before you ask,” she spoke under a giggle before she flew off where she disappeared out of sight. She went off to unknown places, but places that always gave her something fun to do.

Mother allowed herself to giggle as well when Luna left and her eyes fell on her beloved husband. “She is just like you.” Father just chuckled and began to cuddle his ever so loved wife while giving her a kiss on the lips.

“So now we just wait for the lovebirds? Next to our normal duties that is,” spoke Mother after the kiss. She placed her head on Father’s shoulder, who wrapped a hoof around her.

“Yes, that is the best we can do yes,” he said to her with a caring tone. His own head rested against that of his wife. His hoof made a stroking manner up and down her shoulder as they began to cuddle the other ever so lovingly.

---

Back in the bedroom let Celestia a soft moan go. She gently woke up while her eyes fell upon the sleeping Discord. She poked him as gentle as she could, what resulted in him also being disturbed from his sleep. His eyes opened themselves while staring back into those of the mare before she blinked a little. “Ugh, what time is it?” Discord spoke after the blinking of his love.

“Evening, I know that far,” she replied as the curtains opened, only to reveal the red of the descending sun. She opened the curtain once more and watched the descending sun.

The draconequus rose up in the bed and rubbed his own eyes a little bit. He then processed on with stretching himself a little bit. “I, I think it is better to go out now,” he said while he removed himself out of the bed. Once he stood back on the ground he stretched himself once again. Some of his bones gently snapped back on their respectable places as he released some moans.

“Fine then,” his love replied in a nagging tone and she also crawled out of bed. The young mare stretched herself as well and some bones in her body also snapped back into place due to long periods of not moving.

“I must admit, it was a nice sleep,” said Discord before he looked to Celestia under a smile.

“A night of many to remember sweetie,” giggled the white alicorn to him. She started to brush her manes with the help of her magic and a comb.

“I am sure of that, my dear,” said Discord as a gentle blush formed itself on his face.

Celestia made her way over to the bathroom where she began to refresh herself. Discord had turned himself over to the many windows and walked up to them. He began to simply gaze over the land he could see from them. The draconequus gave his eyes the time to look at everything and store it in his mind. The slowly falling in night created a beautiful picture of the land.

But the more his eyes gazed upon into the wonderful land, the more it became a twisted, chaotic version of itself. It came in flashes before his eyes, what resulted in the draconequus jumping a little away from the windows. He tried to get the cruel images out of his head. His eyes fell on the bathroom door and he took notice of the locked state which caused him to sigh very little in relief.

He looked back into the room as another flash appeared before his eyes. Instead of the wall with pictures he saw a shredded wall. The pictures all smashed or even removed. Discord shook his head while praying for the images to go away but they didn't left. “What, what is happening!?” he whispered to himself as his eyes went all over the place. The draconequus carefully walked up to the 'shredded' wall as his eyes fixed themselves upon it in utter terror. “How, what and why?” he spoke in a soft tone to himself. In his mind echoed a dark and twisted laughter and he began bashing his head into the wall in an attempt to get it out of there.

In the meantime was Celestia was making herself ready. She brushed her teeth, cleaned her hooves and continued to brush her coat and mane. She softly began to hum some songs while most of her mind was filled with love, love for her parents, her sister, but above all, the love she and Discord shared for each other.

If she only knew what was happened on the other side of the door.

“Why, won't, it, leave!?” said Discord, who kept bashing his head into the wall. “What is the problem here in the first place!?” He looked back into the room and another horrible sight, the whole room under the influence of chaos magic. “No... This is... No!” he said while his eyes went all over the room.

The door to the bathroom began to unlock itself. The second Discord heard the door opening was his attention turned to it and watched the mare coming out. He deeply hoped everything would leave. It was a fool's luck without a doubt but the visions did indeed fade from both his eyes and mind as he gazed upon the beautiful made up mare. He managed to take his eyes off of her for a little and took a quick look outside where he saw that the land had returned to his normal side.

“Ready for dinner, my love?” asked Celestia lovingly while a smile formed itself on her face.

Discord shook the past events off of himself and nodded to Celestia. “That would be good, yes,” he spoke as even he managed to get a faint smile on his face. The Draconequus opened the door of the bedroom and made a polite movement with his hand. “Ladies first.” The mare giggled lightly as she made her way through the door before waiting for him on the other side.

He walked out of the bedroom as well and closed the door behind him. Then the both of them began to walk down and through the castle, they headed towards the royal dining room where the rest of the family would already be present. They passed many hallways in which were windows that Discord stared out of.

Eventually they stood before a closed door. Some voices could be heard coming from inside as Celestia smiled while she heard them. “We just have to wait a little longer.” He nodded to her as his hand, followed by his arm, placed itself in the neck of the alicorn. It resulted in him holding her in a loving manner. He appeared calm, but inside of his body was everything nervous.

---

When the doors finally opened, the massive dining room was revealed. A near round golden room, mixed with platinum pillars, candles that lit up the room and windows walking in half a circle, it provided a panoramic field of view was revealed to the creature. Two enormous doors separated the dining room with a balcony. The dining table as a round table and two places where still free. One next to Mother and one next to that spot. Father and Luna sat on the opposite direction of Mother.

Discord just had one look at it and his mouth literally dropped to the ground. “This, is your dining room?” he whispered to Celestia after her had managed to get his lower jaw back up again.

She giggled and nodded to his words. “It is, yes.”

An unicorn servant walked up to the two and bowed before them in a polite manner. “Welcome, to the dining room, sir,” spoke a servant, “may I guide the lady and sir to their seats?” They both nodded and followed the unicorn to the table. The servant charged up his horn and moved two chairs back for them to take place. Which they did and the servant pushed the chair back to the table with his magic.

The unicorn bowed once more and just trotted off, leaving the family alone for the moment. Discord’s eyes fell on Father and Luna, then back to Mother and Celestia. Nopony had started yet and he had no idea what to do, except wait as well.

All of the sudden there was another, unseen set of doors that opened and unicorns walked in with a graceful trot. Each of them carried dishes with their magic. They all walked around the table before placing the dishes on it and then walked back out again as if they were never there.

Discord blinked a couple times at the sight and looked to Celestia, for he didn't know how to react to all of it. She smiled to him and nodded. This was more than enough for him to calm down. He gazed at the served meal and water already danced in his mouth, but he tried his best to hold himself.

“Let us enjoy this lovely looking dinner, shall we?” asked Mother while she looked to everypony. “I’m sure that at least two of us are rather hungry.” All of them nodded and they started to help themselves. Discord had a glance at it and used his own magic to pick a couple things up and placed them on his own plate. Something he didn’t place that much thought with.

“Might I say this looks all delicious?” asked Discord with a well-meant smile. Mother and Father looked at him and smiled. He didn't fully understood it though why they smiled to him or why they were so no nice to him. Something he needed to ask that in private. For with his love around him, he didn't want to ruin the mood and began eating the tasty food.

“So Celestia, how was your day?” asked Father after he had swallowed the first piece of his dinner. He hadn’t seen her and she stayed in bed during the sun-time, naturally he was curious.

She giggled lightly and then spoke her reply. “I... Excuse me, we, had a little stay-in-bed-day. As we both really didn't want to come out. To be honest, we just woke up a couple minutes ago.”

Discord chuckled lightly and added to it, “it is true. We did just woke up.” At that point could not even Father hold himself and just chuckled along with Discord.

Mother let go a small giggle and then looked to Luna. “And you, my daughter?”

Luna started to smile brightly and spoke with a lot of enthusiasm in her voice. “I have been flying through most of the land, been to a couple interesting places. Even had some tea in the tower of mister The Bearded with him. He is such a sweetheart to talk to!”

Discord looked a little odd at hearing the name and quietly asked Celestia. “Who is this, mister The Bearded, she is speaking of?”

“Starswirl the Bearded, one of the most talented unicorns and a close friend of my parents,” answered Celestia. “You might meet him someday soon, now that I think of it.” He nodded to her in an understanding way and kept listening to Luna's story who talked in detail what they did.

“And then he showed me a couple shooting stars racing high in the sky itself! They were just so beautiful, and when he moved his head, the stars followed!” said Luna happily. “Also, I told him about you, Tia. That you and Discord, was it right? Are together! He plans to come by tomorrow.”

“The name is Discord yes,” he said as Mother and Father looked at their daughter and smiled.

“Sounds like you had a great day sister,” said Celestia after the story was done.

They all kept eating and sharing stories until Luna took note of Discords his silence and, as innocent as it was meant, asked the wrong question at the wrong time “What is your story if I may ask, Discord?”

When he heard the question, Discord froze in his tracks. He gently placed his fork down on his plate as her ears dropped to his head. “I, I do not wish to speak about that.” Everypony looked at him and an uncomfortable feeling began to rise in him. “E-Excuse me everypony,” he said before he stood up from the table. He left the dining room and made his way towards his own room. His love sighed and looked to her family, not knowing if she should go after him or stay with them.

While the draconequus ventured through the wonderful hallways of the palace, he thought back to his life which he left not two days ago. “Where do I truly belong?” he thought out loud. Hundreds of thoughts raced through him but eventually leading to one conclusion. “Maybe, maybe it is too early to judge now...”

But of one thing he was more than sure. He loved Celestia and he would never, ever, return over the wall and thus back to his old home. Discord sighed a little and started to flap his wings before starting to hover over the ground.

He hovered through the many halls of the palace before finally reaching his own room where he opened the door. His wings retracted and where tucked back against his body, it caused him to fall on the ground. He landed on his legs as he walked into the candle illuminated room and had a look around.

The same design as the one of Celestia with the only exception being that the pictures were missing and the curtains were a deep blue. For some reason, he liked that color. He walked down to the bed and sat on it while trying to forget those horrible memories.

“I am not hungry either any more. Mother, Father, sister. Please excuse me,” said Celestia just before she stood up from her chair. The mare walked out the dining room, looking for her love.

Luna’s face turned from her happy look, to a sad look as she watched her sister leave. The door of the room closed and Luna was the only one who said something, but the words she spoke were said in a sad tone. “Guess I did say something wrong...” The three of them kept eating their dinner but the mood on table wasn't the happiest one.

---

Discord sat down on the bed and he looked out the many windows which were overlooking the wonderful land. He smiled a little at the sight and laid down on his bed, placing his back against the wall, a pillow separated his snakelike body and the cold wall. “Why did she had to ask that question?” he asked himself while looking outside. “Guess she had the right to know though. But she didn't know my history. I want to tell my story, but it was, so sudden.” He sighed deep and closed his eyes for a moment. The young draconequus was in deep doubt. Doubt if he made the right choice by leaving the dinner. Anything and everything could have happened from that moment on.

Celestia wandered through the many halls, also questioning herself. She thought that is she maybe brought it very lightly to him, that he wanted to tell it. But the biggest doubt she had was the same as Discord had, that she left the dining room.

“I just hope things get better, for all of us,” she wished out loud. In her mind it was chaos, thoughts ran through her mind freely through her mind. Both pleasant and not so pleasant ones. She hoped for the best but prepared for the worst. A couple hallways later she stood before the door of his room. She sighed a little but then slowly, shaking, moved a hoof up and knocked on the door, waiting for a reply.

Discord heard the knock and shocked up from his thoughts, opening his eyes and looking at the door. “Who is it?” he asked softly.

“It is me, sweetie,” the mare replied.

“Please come in Celestia.” The door was then slowly opened by Celestia's magic. She then appeared in the doorway. Her eyes looked to him on the bed. He looked at her and signaled her to come closer. It could have gone in any given direction and way, all while Celestia was clueless.

She took a couple of shaky steps forward until she stood still next to the bed. “Please my love, lay next to me,” he said. She slowly moved up the bed and placed herself next to him, lying on her back. He looked lovingly at her as he wrapped an arm around her, gently stroking her mane. She looked lovingly back and started to cuddle him deeply. Discord let go a small smile and kept gently stroking his love her manes.

---

Back in the dining room were all three of them done and Father looked to Luna. “Shall we practice some magic, my daughter?” The blue mare nodded while standing up, eager to begin. “Alright then, I will meet you in the garden. You go ahead first.” Luna let go a small yet cute squee before she trotted off. She spread her wings a little bit and stretched them before she walked towards the garden.

Father’s eyes fell on Mother in a questioning way as she sighed, not knowing the answer to the question. “I suppose we have to give them time, the both of them, honey,” said Mother with a doubtful voice. “As it is too early now, they know each other for, two days now.” Father nodded to her words and he walked off to the garden as well.

Mother was the last one to leave the table and she began to dwell a little to the castle. Something she always did as she was in doubt.

---

Discord kept stroking the mane of his love as he got again lost in her eyes and kissed her lightly on her cheek. She giggled a little from the kiss and kept snuggling against him. They snuggled until the night set in and the moon shined beautiful through the windows. He closed the curtains with his magic, cutting the moon off from the room and soon after that, he fell deeply asleep, letting Celestia rest on him.

Time passed for a bit before the door leading to his room opened slowly. Mother peeked her head in lightly and smiled at the sight the fell into her eyes before leaving for her own bed. Father and Luna were busy in the garden for most of the night but eventually they also went to bed.

The next morning was it Discord who slowly woke up, while his eyes gazed at the sleeping beauty next to him and started to gently stroke her manes again. After some time she slowly woke up from the stroking and she smiled to him.

“Morning my love,” she said to him.

“Morning my dear,” he replied. She started to snuggle him again for some time but eventually she stood up and walked to the door.

The draconequus looked a little surprised to this sight while Celestia turned herself around. “We must make us ready for mister The Bearded, I don't want him to believe you are a filthy creature. Since you are not, sweetie,” the mare said to him. Something which he could understand.

“Ooh. That way,” he said and smelled himself a little before pulling an unpleasant face. “Then, then I shall take a good bath for now.” She giggled and trotted out of his room, back to her own to refresh herself as well as he did the same.

After a long bath had Discord finally entered the throne room. He looked all made up, he looked even prettier than he already did for Celestia. The mare was sitting on the throne next to Mother. He walked up to the throne and stood before them. Celestia looked Mother in the eyes and she nodded. Celestia moved her head to Discord, signaling him to come up the throne as well.

He looked to Father, who surprisingly let go a small smile and nodded as well. Carefully he walked up the steps of the throne. His inner chaos conflicted with the harmony of the throne, causing him to become a little dizzy. But he tried his best not to show it as he reached the platform where they all sat and took place next to Celestia. He sat in a relaxing manning with a lowered body so he could cross her arms over the floor of the throne while he nuzzled Celestia's cheek, who let out a small giggle. It managed to calm him down for some, but his guts were still uneased.

It wasn't long after that when the door opened again and a young looking unicorn stallion stood in the opening, wearing a cloak and hat and already having quite the long beard. Discord looked at the him and inspected it deeply. The stallion walked up to the throne and bowed before the royal family. “Morning your majesties,” he said just before he bowed in front of them.

“Rise back up, Starswirl, and a good morning to you as well,” said Father before he gained a smile of delight on his face. Starswirl did as asked and his eyes fell on the royal family with a gentle smile of his own.

His glance stopped by Discord and the smile slowly disappeared. It was being replaced with a neutral look. “So it is true what you told me Luna. Your sister indeed is in love with a chaos-maker. Excuse me for the term. Allow me to introduce myself. Starswirl the Bearded is the name,” the stallion spoke as his eyes met those of Discord.

The draconequus frowned a little at hearing the word of 'chaos-maker', but shook it off him. “The name is Discord. A pleasure to meet you, mister The Bearded,” he replied instead.

Starswirl chuckled a bit while he slowly pulled a hoof through his beard after the words of the draconequus. “At least you are well mannered. I appreciate that in any creature,” he said and a smile reappeared in his face. In Discord’s eyes had the ice already been broken between them.

The stallion began to talk to Discord about all sorts of things. The draconequus couldn't do much besides answering as honest as he could. Mother, Father, Luna and even Celestia hung on his lips while he replied to the questions that were asked to him, until the general questions about the draconequus were answered and Starswirl asked the same question Luna did the night before. “And what is your story if I may ask?” Every pony's pupils became small as they looked to Discord and Starswirl. The impossible question had been asked and there was no escape. Not by legs, that was.

The draconequus sighed deep and began to recall his memory. “It is not a time I like to speak about. Stronger, I want to forget everything up until the point I met my love. But I suppose, I can tell it, one last time,” he said and took a deep breath. “I appeared, decades ago. As a draconequus just appears, we are not born. I never felt myself home between the others, they were too chaotic for my liking. I always refused to learn the deeper arts of Chaos Magic and they all teased me for it. Well, they almost tortured me for not doing it. I had dreams of going over the stone wall for longer, but I never dared to do it, I always was to scared. Until one day I just did. I will not go deeper into this, I just want to forget it all. Sorry if it isn't the answer you hoped for mister The Bearded.”

Starswirl nodded in an understanding way to Discord's words and made a reply of his own, “I hoped for nothing to be honest. But I am glad you shared your story with us. I also understand it you want to forget it all and I wish you the best of luck with it. You are always welcome in my tower.” Celestia wrapped a hoof around her love while she nuzzled his cheek to comfort him after his story.

Mother asked a servant to bring a tea for everypony and a chair for Starswirl, who nodded while trotting off. Some time later he came back and gave him a chair and a cup of tea to everypony. Casual talks were started about the weather, past events, learned spells and so on. Starswirl even showed them all a few powerful yet wonderful spells, Discord and Celestia looked in awe at them as the hold each other and lightly cuddled each other.

“Discord, do you want to show some magic of your own?” asked Starswirl after he was done with his demonstration and took place back on his chair.

The draconequus looked at all of them before she shook his head. “I, I prefer not, for my spells aren't the most pleasant ones, unless you all want to turn into food... Or having me bend all of reality...” Luna looked to him and giggled lightly at the words. Father nodded in an understanding way, as did Mother. Celestia kept cuddling her love and didn't let them go and cuddled her deeply and lovingly back.

“Children, if you want to leave, you have our permission,” said Mother after some time of talking. She granted the children their freedom, but they both knew what it meant.

Celestia stood up from her seating. “Then I will be in my room, Discord, I will see you soon there. I have something planned for us this lovely afternoon,” she said to them. She then walked off the steps and spread her wings in the middle of the room before slowly flapping them while getting airborne. The mare flew through the open doors leading to the balcony and disappeared out of sight.

Discord began to feel a little uneasy and wanted to go as well but something stopped him from doing so, despite the harmony of Mother and Father hurting him a little, he also felt the love, the love Luna gave off. It was that feeling that calmed him down by a lot while his eyes fell on everypony. But his inner chaos kept conflicting with him. “I am going to stretch my wings as well.”, he eventually spoke while standing up and leaving the throne.

“Just make sure you are back again when dinner will be served,” said Mother to him.

He looked back and nodded. “I will ma'am.” He spread his pegasus wing and bat wing and flapped them, starting to lift off the ground as he flew slowly out the balcony door. Flying high up to a cloud and landed on it, looking down at the peaceful land below him.

“Well if they are all gone, I go as well, mother, father, mister The Bearded, please excuse me,” said Luna as she stood up and walked off the throne.

“Alright my daughter, the same goes for you, be back by dinner, otherwise your mother will get mad,” said Father in a chuckling tone to her.

The mare giggled and nodded. “I will father.” She trotted into the many halls of the palace.

---

Starswirl looked at the closing door while he peeked if it was safe to speak for his words. “I still have my doubts about the chaos-maker.”

“We all have, old friend,” replied Father who looked to him under a small sigh. “What do you think?” Mother turned her attention to Starswirl as well.

“His eyes are on love, so is his heart, I have seen that, but his head,” said Starswirl before he tapped his own head, “is the thing what worries me the most. He is, and always will be a chaos-maker at heart and you know that.”

Mother nodded to the unicorn's words and she then said. “As much as it is true, we can not interfere. If two creatures are bonded by love and love alone, who are you to break it?”

The normally so fierce Father thought about those words but eventually spoke her words. “As much as I want to argue this statement, I must agree on it though. We hold no power on that.”

Starswirl looked at them both and sighed a little. “Time will tell this tale sadly, either it is for the better or worse. We can only see.” Father and Mother nodded while they looked to Starswirl.

“That is indeed the best we can do. For now,” said Father. Then his eyes turned into a much sterner look. They knew what that meant. “But when he goes too far, I shall react without mercy.”

The stallion nodded in an agreeable manner and replied. “I see your point and I do agree on it, I just hope it never has to happen.”

“Starswirl, we both would like to give you something, something you need to store of us until the time is there for it to be used,” said Mother.

The bearded unicorn looked up to her and replied to her words. “May I ask for what occasion?” Of course he was curious, but the alicorn race was a strange one. Not even he got it all.

“The lands darkest hour,” answered Father in a serious and clear tone. Though the very answer he got, left Starswirl little shocked. He had never expected such a thing to begin with.

“W-Wait, before we go any further, what exactly do you want me to store?” he asked in a polite manner. He wanted to know more about it before he would make his final decision.

“These,” said Mother while she levitated a small container and opened it. It revealed five necklaces and a tiara. “We have called them, the Elements of Harmony.”

“I, I see, your majesties. I shall guard these items with my life,” said Starswirl at the sight of it. Mother gave him a nod as she closed the container again and levitated it to Starswirl, who hid it under his cloak.

---

Discord looked down at the land below him, it slowly turned once again into a chaotic version of it. No matter where he looked, chaos was the only thing to be seen. He tried to shake it off and eventually it worked when he heard a familiar voice, “I see you already found a spot, my love.”

He looked up to see who it was and smiled at the figure who came down. the white coated alicorn mare took place on the cloud as well and she wrapped a wing over him. “Wonderful isn't it?” she said while looking down.

“It is indeed, but I know something, much more wonderful,” said Discord as he looked to Celestia. She giggled lightly and looked back to him. Their eyes met and they got lost in them again as they both saw a spark in each other’s eyes and slowly moved their heads together, their lips finally making contact with each other. Ending eventually up in a passionate, loving kiss, as the cloud flew away over the land.

---

But one day, would change their lives, their futures, the future of the land itself.

Years passed and Celestia had finally became a full grown alicorn and Discord a full grown draconequus. She then was around the size of her mother and Discord was half her size bigger. He was able to curl up around his love when needed. Next to his size the only noticeable changes were his pupils had one become noticeable bigger and he had a goatee under his chin and his fang had grown in size.

Also, in the years that went by, Discord had forgotten most about his past and grew even closer to Celestia. Who in return grew closer to him. But his chaotic hallucinations kept coming every now and then but the pain in he got from the presence of Mother and Father had disappeared over time and vice versa.

Celestia woke up in her bed and gazed a little around. She then looked at the sleeping face of Discord, she sighed peacefully and gently stroked his face with a hoof. She began to smile at the light twitches of his eyelids and they slowly opened. “Morning Tia,” he said in a loving tone.

She giggled lightly and gave him a kiss on his lips. He kissed back and opened the curtains with his magic. It revealed the rising sun over the land. He ever so gently broke the kiss and said in his loving tone. “Another wonderful day ahead, my love.”

“But not as wonderful as you,” she spoke in a reply and Discord blushed lightly and kept snuggling his love.

Yet in the throne room, Mother and Father were busy making preparation something different. They were getting too old to rule and had to give the crowns over to their daughters. Mother walked over to a small table, looking at a set of golden hoof shoes, crest and crown. She smiled at the wonderful forge works but also sighed a little. She turned her attention to the table on the opposite side and began walking towards it, looking at the glass glittered hoof shoes and the dark metal crest and crown, letting go a small tear.

Father sat on the throne looking from his position to the pieces and let go a tear himself. Mother walked back up the throne and sat next to him. “It is time honey, to do this for our daughters,” said Mother as she lightly cuddled Father.

A servant knocked on the door. Celestia opened it with a simple charge of her magic. “Oh, I, I am sorry, am I, interrupting?” Both of the love birds shook their head in a disagreeable manner and the servant walked further in. “Your parents want to speak to you, Celestia, make yourself ready.”

The mare nodded while Discord looked a little confused at it all. “M-Might I ask why, they want to see her?” She didn’t answer him at first and stood up from the bed before she made her way towards the bathroom to refresh herself.

“The Change of Rulers...” Celestia spoke sadly as she opened the bathroom door.

“What is that? Why do you sound so sad?” he asked in confusion.

“Master Discord, y-you will see what it means when the time is there,” said the servant as she walked away, leaving him on the bed. he began question the upcoming events deeply.

After a little while did Celestia walk out the bathroom all made up and ready for it. She looked to Discord and smiled lightly. “You really don't want this, do you? ” he said.

She gently shook her head and spoke with a sad voice. “If there was another way, I would have taken it... Discord my love, make yourself as you know to.” She walked up to him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

He nodded and after the kiss, he stroked her cheek lightly with his eagle claw. “The most beautiful thing alive...”

It took him a lot less time than her but eventually Discord left the bathroom and walked up to Celestia, looking all pretty. “Discord, will you stand by my side?” asked Celestia who was shivering in fear for the coming events.

“I will my love, I will stand by your side. Everything will be alright,” he said with as a warm smile appeared on his face.

“T-Thank you.”

Another knock on the door was heard and Discord opened the door. He smiled to another servant and greeted him happily. “Morning, my dear.”

“Morning master Discord, it, it is time,” said the servant and then turned around, walking away again. The draconequus nodded and took a deep breath.

Discord walked up to Celestia and he repeated the words. “It is time.”

She nodded and slowly began to leave the room, walking through the wonderful hallway's of the palace, with Discord following her closely. She knew what was going to happen, and she did not look forward to it. But there was no other way to do this, this had to be done. A small tear left her eyes, rolling down her cheek, eventually it reached her chin, where it fell onto the hard, cold, palace floor.

---

When they reached the door leading to the throne room, they saw Luna standing nervously before it, Luna looked up to Celestia and smiled while shivering. She nuzzled her sister lightly and stood next to her. “Is it really time?” asked Luna, shivering in fear. Her elder sister could only nod to it. She had no idea herself with the exception of a vague rumor. Discord stood next to his love and gave a last stroke on her cheek. Whatever would happen next, he would be with her.

Then the doors opened on themselves to reveal the throne room behind them.

As both mares and the draconequus walked into the throne room the atmosphere wasn't a pleasant one. All three of them allowed their eyes to look at the changed throne room. One side looked like the sun, while the other looked like the moon. It was an impressive play of light to see but as Celestia and Luna looked further did their horrors came true.

They both saw the crests, crowns and hoof shoes, implying it was indeed time. They stopped before the throne and Discord took a couple steps aside from his love as he also looked to the throne, seeing the elderly Mother and Father. The sisters lowered on their front hooves which resulted in a deep bow before them at the same time.

Mother sighed deeply and managed to speak with a regal voice “Rise back up, my children. You probably know what day it is today.” They both nodded as the rose back up from their bowing position.

Father took over the word and spoke on the same tone as Mother. “Today is the day, that the old rulers give over the crown, to the new rulers. Luna, come forward please.”

The younger sister shivered even more as she walked up the throne and stood before the old rulers. Father looked at her and smiled lightly. “Luna, daughter of the Moon... Do you accept to become princess of the night, and carry its duties with respect and honor?”

She slowly nodded and Father gave a nod back while pointing to the moon part of the room. “If you want to wait over there please.” The mare slowly walked off the steps towards the pointed place and awaited what would happen next.

Mother looked to other daughter and smiled for a bit. “Celestia, come forward please.” The elder sister gathered her guts for as much as she could and slowly walked up the steps, standing before her beloved mother and father. She tried to let go a smile as well, but didn't let one go. Mother sighed a little and then spoke up. “Celestia, daughter of the Sun... Do you accept to become princess of the sun, and carry its duties with respect and honor?”

Celestia didn't nod in silence, but she opened her mouth. “I will.”

Mother nodded and she pointed to the sun part of the room. “If you want to wait over there, please do,” said Mother as Celestia nodded and walked to the pointed place.

Both Mother and Father walked away from the throne. Father walked to Luna as Mother walked to Celestia. Discord stood aside and kept looking as Mother walked up to her daughter and nuzzled her lightly. “Don't fear what will happen my daughter, embrace it,” she said as she lifted up the hoof shoes and signaled her to lift up a leg so she could put them on.

“I, I don't know if I can do it mother,” said the white alicorn in a scared tone as she lifted up her hooves one by one.

“I am sure you can do it, I am most certain of it,” said Mother when she finished applying the hoof shoes.

“But what if I, I fail?” asked Celestia while she shivered. “Where will you be to help me?” Mother looked at her daughter and let go a small smile, before she picked up the crest piece.

“I will always be with you my daughter, guiding you through the hardest of times,” spoke Mother softly while she tried to reassure Celestia before she applied the crest piece.

“Will you do that, mommy?” said Celestia in a almost filly sounding voice.

Mother nodded and spoke in a motherly, caring voice “I will.” She lifted up the crown and placed it on Celestia's head which made the attire complete. Mother took a couple steps back before she looked at her daughter and smiled at the sight. “You look like a true princess.” A small tear left her eyes as she looked to Father's side. Father placed the small crown on Luna's head and also took a step back, looking at his daughter and then to Mother, nodding.

“The time is nigh,” he said.

---

Mother and Father both charged up their horn and pointed them up, towards the skies. At the tip of the horn were spheres of light created which became bigger and bigger as time went on. Both daughters looked at it and hold their ground. Suddenly the spheres broke out into streams of light which surrounded both Mother and Celestia, as it also happened to Father and Luna. Discord looked at it and winced a little pain due to the high levels of harmony, but managed to get a hold of himself.

When Celestia looked up to her mother and she saw her eyes glowing white, she spoke to her daughter in a voice never heard from her mouth before. “Celestia... Daughter of the Sun... I hereby give you my soul, to become the princess of the sun,” were the words that she said.

Celestia heard the spoken words and her pupil shrunk to near nothing. She slowly began to tear up. “N-No mother, don’t do it... P-Please, don’t,” she brought out in emotional pain, but it was too late. Mother began to dissolve into near nothing as the streams of light entered both the crown and crest piece. Celestia looked at but couldn’t do anything against it.

After all the streams of light entered the pieces, the sphere broke and Celestia looked into the throne room, all she saw was her little sister, Discord and the play of light. “M-Mother? F-Father?” she said while looking at the throne room.

She looked to Luna and noticed something odd about her sister. “L-Luna, your m-mane...”

Luna heard her sister’s voice and looked to her, seeing something odd herself as well. “Y-Your m-mane!” The both of them started to shiver a little as they walked up to each other and then walked to a mirror in the throne room, revealing their manes were flowing.

The mare of the younger sister was a dark blue color with a light, almost translucent look at each end. As Celestia looked in the mirror she saw her manes gained colors and was flowing freely. As per usual it did cover up one of her eyes. “W-What i-is this, sis?” asked Luna scared.

Celestia sighed deeply but eventually spoke her mind on the matter. “I, I think t-they are, Mother a-and Father, i-in a way...” It was strange to say, but plausible in her eyes.

Luna sighed deeply as she heard the words and looked at the mirror image of herself and her sister. “Will mother and father ever return to us?”

Celestia gave her a reassuring look and a light smile to her beloved sister. “I am certain they will Luna, I am certain,” she told her sister. From that moment onward, they had to trust each other.

The blue mare hugged her sister tightly as some tears rolled down her face. “I, I will miss them Tia,” she said whimpering.

“Shh, shh. It is alright Luna,” Celestia said while she hugged her sister in return and gently stroked her back in a comfortable manner.

---

While Discord looked at the sight, the harmony of both sisters together burned him up. It was not heavily but enough to let him grab to his chest. Even causing him to winch a little bit in pain. He walked a little more back off from them, in the vain hope it would stop and when he finally reached the dark shadows of the wall, the burning in his chest, indeed stopped.

The sisters hugged each other for some time before Luna ever so gently broke it and said her words. “If, if you need me, I, I will be in my room, Tia.” The elder mare nodded and let her sister go, who slowly walked out of the throne room. Towards her own room where she fell on her bed and closed her eyes while trying to get some sleep or at least try to process the past events.

Celestia walked up to Discord and she could feel that burning feeling again in his body. He tried his best not to let her notice it too much. But what he didn't know, was that Celestia had the same problem. The closer she came to Discord, the more she started to feel the pain in her chest. But also did her best not to let him notice.

He hugged her tightly and she gave him a kiss on his cheek. “Thank you, my love, thank-you for standing by my side today..” she said with a little pain in her voice.

“It, it was nothing, my dear,” he said while he started to blush from the kiss.

“Shall we go to bed as well?” asked Discord. Celestia nodded and they both walked back to her bedroom.

One that they entered both with a yawn. Once arrived, Celestia undid herself from the crown, crest and hoof shoes. She placed them on a stand a servant brought in while the events happened in the throne room. When she took the attire off let the mare drop herself in the bed as Discord gently laid next to her. He curled his body around her as he began to cuddle her. Luckily for him couldn't the higher levels of harmony be felt anymore. She cuddled him back in a lovingly way but she still felt his inner chaos in her chest.

While the night ventured forward, the lovebirds kept cuddling each other, kissing a little here and there. Eventually Discord fell asleep but Celestia stayed up a little longer, looking at her love. Considering things, things that may not be for the better. She thought of unthinkable things, she couldn't break up with him, he loved her so much, and she loved him back just as much. But what if his chaos became too much? Many, many more of these kind of thoughts ran through her head, But even Celestia couldn't fight off the sleep forever and she placed her head against Discord and fell peacefully asleep.

All the while, Luna sat on the throne. She would be guarding the night for the first time ever on her very own. She stood up and walked to the balcony, walking up to the railing and placing her hooves on it, resting herself. She looked up to the star filled skies and the wonderful moon. The alicorn let go a small sigh of both sadness and acceptance while trying to see the faces she had loved and adored for almost all of her life somewhere on the skies.