• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 1,946 Views, 18 Comments

Celestial Tortures Book I: Monster - Rarity Belle



Was Discord always as evil or chaotic as he is known for? Or did something else turn him to that path..? Madness is a powerful something to have, devastating to wield.

  • ...
13
 18
 1,946

Chapter 1

“So beautiful and more than I could ever dream.

Somehow I thought you'd see that I wasn't what I seemed.”

Ever since the dawn of time, the royal castle had been standing on the mountain side where it sits to the present day. However a long time ago, far before Ponyville was even a little town, far before Luna’s banishment to the moon even, the royal family itself had lived in peace and harmony, ruling the land with love.

Whereas in the present day Ponyville is settled, there was previously only grasslands and a small bush here and there. The weather was warm and sunny for most of the time, it invited everypony to come out and just enjoy the beautiful day. Nothing was completely perfect though. For far on the horizon there was a heavy storm raging on. A never-ending storm of chaos.

---

Somewhere in the harmonious plains, there was a small, white alicorn mare with pink mane. She was just rolling around the grass, giggling as she just kept going and going. Another figure walked up to her and chuckles softly. “You really enjoy it, don’t you, my dear daughter?”

The small alicorn nodded to the other figure. “Indeed I do mother, this must be the most lovely feeling there is. Just, rubbing your back against the grass. It is just intoxicates me with happiness,” the small alicorn replied.

The figure laid down on her hooves and just smiled at the small alicorn as it played in the grass. “My little Celestia,” the figure said in a soft tone. So soft that the small alicorn didn't hear it. “One day, you shall be a great princess, but that is for later.”

The pony kept rolling in the grass and giggled softly but her attention was caught by something. “Mom, what is that?” she asked all of the sudden. Her attention was fixed on the horizon.

“Hm? What is what, my dear Celestia?” questioned the other being.

“That,” replied Celestia. She turned around and pointed to the raging storm on the horizon.

Her mother sighed a little bit as she spoke her own words. “The only part of our land where you are not allowed to go. That is the land of the draconequus. Come, sit next to me, please.”

The little alicorn stood up and made her way over to her mother. There she laid down against her. She began to cuddle up against her mother as there was a curious twinkle within her eyes. “The draconequus? What, what is that, mother?” asked Celestia curious.

Mother chuckled a little bit. She then gently nuzzled through the mane of Celestia. “Your curiosity always seems to get the better of you, doesn't it. Not that it is a bad thing to say the least however. The draconi are a species just like us, but they have the head of a pony, and a snake like body and two legs and two arms,” explained Mother with her sweet and calm voice.

“So like a dragon?” asked Celestia.

“In a way, yes. But unlike dragons, a draconequus has different animal parts for its body parts. Only the head is of a pony and the rest, it is all different” added Mother.

Celestia listened in awe to her mother's words. She even began to wonder herself a little bit more. “Mother, if I may ask, just why may I not go there?” she asked. Celestia stared at her mother with the curious twinkle still within her eyes. She was genuinely curious.

Mother’s eye fell upon her and smiled at the curious twinkle. The one that had appeared in her light grayish magenta eyes of her daughter, after which she gave a kiss on the forehead. “The reason my daughter, is because they are the practisers of chaos magic,” she spoke softly in her ears.

The little, white alicorn tilted her head and Mother knew she didn't quite understood it. “You know we ponies, the pegasi, the unicorns, the earth ponies and us, the alicorns are the creatures of love, tolerance, friendship and harmony right? Everything we do is based on those four things,” explained Mother further in a way that her daughter would understand.

“I know that yes, that was the first thing you and daddy taught us,” replied Celestia almost in an instant. Though she continued to snuggle against her mouth.

Mother giggled a little as her daughter did her actions but she began to explain the story even further. “And on the other side, to hold the balance, there is chaos. If there is too much love, we ponies become corrupted. That is why we need the chaos of the draconequus. To uphold the natural balance and for us to stay the beings who we are.”

The mare gave a nod of understanding to the words. Then came a question within her head and she just let it go without any form of thinking. “So we keep the draconequus as a prisoner then?”

Mother looked surprised to Celestia at first. “My goodness no my daughter. We would never do such an act. They need us as much as we need them, if we didn't exist, they would become corrupted. No, it is their magic that separates us. Our harmony and love hurts them even if we don’t do anything. Our presence is already enough to give one of them the cringes. It goes both ways as their chaos makes us cringe. When a draconequus and pony are in one room, they both fell intense pain due to their different natures. These are big words now, but one day, you will understand them, Celestia,” replied Mother to her in a calm voice.

“But how can too much love corrupt us, mother?” asked Celestia with even more curiosity. She was truly eager to learn, to know how the world she lived in worked. At least that was the best way to describe the young filly.

Mother snuggled back against her daughter. After that she continued on her story. “Too much love and peace means you lose the desires and rush of life, and also the need to seek thrilling adventures and do daring things.”

Celestia nodded in response. “So basically we would all become very old ponies then.” That was the only comparison the young alicorn could draw from it.

Mother allowed herself a gentle chuckle at the comparison. ”In a way, yes. On the outside we are young. But on the inside, we are old. But, shall we return home? Father and Luna are probably waiting for us,” Mother spoke as the day had come to an end and night would rise soon enough.

The little white alicorn her eyes fell upon the descending sun and gave a nod to her mother. Mother then began to charge up her horn which created a circle of light. A circle which started to surround them as they both teleported back to the Castle while they still sat in the same position.

---

“Very good Luna, very good,” a male voice said through the room. A dark blue coated, young alicorn mare was practicing some of her magic. A couple small shooting stars appeared in the throne room and they flew through it with a lot of calculation and grace.

Luna smiled at the sight and enjoyed the stars she made. “This is amazing father!” she said. When she said it, the stars slowly died off and disappeared from their eyes.

“So young, and yet so powerful already. I must be careful not to teach you too much, you might outrank me then one day,” spoke Father before he chuckled a little bit.

“You think so, dad?” Luna asked with big set of puppy eyes.

Father looked in them before a shocked expression took over. “Oh no! Not that look! You know your old stallion can’t handle that!” he said to her in a playful tone. He fell on his back and Luna hopped on top of him without a thought. She still had the look in her eyes and Father wrapped his front hooves around her. He started to chuckle even louder before he was able to bring out his words. “Yes, yes I do think that my little Luna.”

The small alicorn hugged back the best she could. She began to cuddle her father, who slowly stroked her beautiful blue mane. “So young, yet so beautiful already,” he said under a sigh of joy.

“I love you, dad. I truly do,” said Luna with a sweet voice.

“I love you too, my sweet Luna,” replied Father with an equally sweet voice. He kept stroking her mane. Something he would always have done when he proud on her.

Though out of nowhere, there was a small orb of light that appeared in the room. Under the sound of zapping electricity as both Father and Luna looked at it as the orb became bigger in size and landed on the floor. They could see it hold at least one figure and as the orb slowly dissolved into nothing, it revealed both Mother and Celestia sitting on the ground.

“Evening sis, father,” said Celestia with a smile on her face.

“Afternoon honey, Luna,” said Mother to the two of them.

Father chuckled a little bit at the sight that came before him. “Still using that teleportation spell? You could have just walked right? I mean the view over the plains is wonderful,” he spoke in a teasing tone towards his wife. A tease she saw right through though.

Celestia stood up and walked to her sister who struggled to get out of her father's hold. Father looked to Luna and smiled before he released the filly from his grip. But at the time he let go it was Luna who pulled herself hardly back and she landed on her behind after a head roll. She shook her head a couple times before letting out a cute squee and pulled a silly face afterwards.

The blue alicorn ran up to her sister and tackled her in a playful manner to the ground. “Tag, you’re it,” she said. And in a split second had she started to gallop through the throne room.

Celestia giggled just before she crawled back up on her hooves. “Ready or not, here I come sister!” she spoke before she started to chase after her little sister.

Mother made her way over to Father. The mare gave the stallion a kiss. Though he kissed her back from his upside down position. “I know, but this was the fast way for when the night comes in,” Mother replied to him in a loving tone.

Father returned the kiss under a gentle chuckle in response. “That is true, yes.”

They broke the kiss and left it for what it was. With a swift motion had Father turned himself right side up. He sat on his behind while his eyes fell on the two fillies.He sighed of joy once again. “Our foals. They are the biggest wonder that ever happened to us.” Mother could only nod in agreement. They both walked back to the throne. Once there, they took place on it in a regal way.

Their children kept playing with each other as the couple snuggled up to each other. Father’s coat slowly began to glow in a deep blue aura and the warm sun carefully made room for a wonderful full moon. And with its rising it caused the land to fall into the night.

Mother’s attention turned itself over to both Celestia and Luna. She spoke the words no young filly wished to hear at any given day, “bedtime children.”

Both little young ponies let go a ‘aw’ in response of it. Both Luna and Celestia stared at each other for a mere second though. Almost as if they had the same thought in mind. Then they galloped to their respectable bedrooms as a race. A race that would end by hopping into their beds.

“First!” shouted Luna just before she pulled the blankets over herself. Somehow the filly had landed with grace on her soft mattress.

“No you are not!” shouted Celestia from her bedroom, who had done the same.

Mother entered Celestia’s bedroom and tucked her beloved daughter in tightly as she hummed a soft tune. A hum that caused the little mare to fall asleep peacefully and quiet.

---

After a long night and peaceful rest the morning followed up as usual. But something happened to Celestia. Her body started to engulf itself within a strange light. The moon was about to set and the sun had to rise. The little alicorn stirred deep in her sleep while the yellow glow became heavier and her horn started to charge up. It didn't took long before her horn was charged so much, the magic could literally be heard humming through her room. But she kept sleeping while the sun slowly began to appear from the east, fading the darkness and called in the day

The little alicorn opened her eyes when the rays of the warm sun reached in her room. She yawned a little bit in response before her lips were smacked. The filly allowed her eyes to gaze upon the golden heavenly body for a little while. After a few seconds of just staring, she hopped out of her bed. The filly walked out her room and towards the throne room.

She entered it and found herself a worried Mother and Father who looked at the sun. “What is it?” asked Celestia when she rubbed her eyes. Her attention was fixed upon both of her parents.

“Something rose the sun... W-Wait, what is..?” said Mother after she had turned her attention away from it. She wanted to address her daughter personally. But in that moment she also caught something else in her eyes. “Is, is that... Y-Your cutie mark?” she asked with disbelief.

“Huh?” said Celestia casually due to her sleep and tilted her head over to one side.

Father turned himself around as well and the both had a good look at her flanks. And they indeed saw that there was indeed a mark. The sun, to be exact. “C-Celestia, you raised the sun, this morning,” said Mother as she got a tear of joy in her eyes. The alicorn her eyes shot open at those words and she looked at the sun and to her own flank, which had indeed the sun cutie mark on it. What followed next was a bright smile that appeared on her face as she started to jump up and down from happiness.

---

Decades would have passed and both fillies grew older and eventually reached their teenage years. Though time had Luna also earned her cutie mark, which being a crescent moon. She had gotten when she raised the moon on her own. Though both mares earned their marks, they still hadn't received the title as ‘princess’ nor any of the royal attire. But they didn't really care as they just wanted to be free mares, for as long as it can be.

A teenage aged Celestia found herself just hanging in her room. She wanted for something interesting to happen. But one has to be careful with wishes, for they may come true. “Sis, are you coming with me?” Luna asked while she stood in the doorway of her sister’s bedroom.

“That depends on it, where are you going off to?” replied the white alicorn as she let her eyes fall upon her sister. It would have taken her a moment, but she didn’t raise her eyebrow yet.

“The planetarium. Master The Bearded just installed a new telescope to see into space!” replied Luna full with joy. “Come on Tia, it will be fun!”

Celestia gazed a little bored at Luna as initial response. It even took her some time to come up with a reply. At one end she wanted, at the other end wasn’t much interest there for her. “Sister, you know I am not the one for science. I think, I will go for a walk through the plains,” she replied.

The younger alicorn chuckled a little at her sister's dry look and said her reply in a teasing tone. “Alright, but you do not know what you will miss, sister.”

“Maybe another day I will come with you,” said Celestia just before she stood up from her bed. The mare stretched her body a little bit in order to make herself ready for something.

“That is a deal, sister.” Luna replied as she smiled to her and then trotted away, “I’ll keep you on that one!” Then the mare was off to the planetarium. The other alicorn giggled a little while she tucked her wings back against her body and made her departure from the room. She was having her own destination to go to, the throne room.

---

Though when she walked in the room did her eyes fell upon Mother and Father who were talking to some important looking ponies. Ponies that appeared to be in quite the heavy argument. Celestia held herself quiet and out of sight as it seemed a rather important matter. She lowered herself on her hooves while she watched the events before her unfold.

“We will look at this further in private. You will hear from us about this matter when we have more news. I would like to ask you all to leave now and return home before the night falls,” said Mother to the ponies. They nodded before they bowed deep before them. As they rose up from the bow, they made their departure.

Mother turned her attention over to Father as she looked a little worried, but he just gave his reassuring smile and kissed her on the cheek. “We will figure this out my dear. We will.” Mother shook the look off before she looked Father in the eyes as she kissed him back on his cheek. The white alicorn smiled at the sight. She still held herself quiet as she didn't want to disturb the scene. After some time did Celestia gently rose back on her hooves and walked out of the shadow. she walked up to her parents with a smile on her face.

Mother saw her walking as the same smile appeared on her face. “Afternoon Tia, how are you doing?”

“I am doing good, mother, but I am going on a small walk around the plains, to get a fresh nose and just enjoy it,” the mare replied to them both.

Mother looked over to Father who gave an approving nod. After she saw his nod, her mother gave the reaction. “You may go, Celestia, but make sure you are back by dinner,” she spoke after the nod while the smile still stood on her face.

“I will mother. Father, Mother, I will see you later then,” Celestia replied under a nod of her own. Both parents kept their smile and Celestia trotted out of the room, out of the castle and off to the plains.

---

On the other side of the land, far beyond the thunder clouds, deep in the lands of the draconequus, there was one lonely draconequus who woke up as every day. He cracked his bones from another night of sleep on a stone bed, just as everybody else. His eyes looked around him, around the world he lived in and let go a deep sigh.

He gazed at his land that was nothing more than a barren wasteland. There was almost nothing that grew there with the exception of the apple trees of which its fruit the species stilled their hunger and thirst with. Most of the time it didn't rain and the sun was blocked out by the thickness of the clouds.

He looked up to the clouds and then just looked back down. He sighed again and started to flap his wings which slowly brought him hovering around the lands. He saw countless others of his kind practicing their chaos magic but he just disgusted from it. He kept hovering until he reached a place called the Border.

The Border was the very thing that separated the two lands with tall rocks of darkstone which stood proudly between them. Easy to fly over for certain but since the Draconequus had everything they needed in their lands. There was no need to attack the ponies nor visit their lands, not after the infamous war at least. His eyes turned up to the skies and saw how the black clouds ended in perfect synchronization with the rocks. He spread his wings once more and just took his chances as he got airborne. He began to rise higher until he was at the tips of the rocks.

The eyes fell upon the edgy tops and he gulped a little but then gathered his guts and flew over them. As he opened his eyes again he found himself lowering on the other side. Slowly and carefully he looked at the new land of which he only heard of.

---

Celestia trotted in a relaxed manner towards the plains as she enjoyed the sight of it all, the birds singing their songs, the calm afternoon sun on her coat, she loved it all so much. The alicorn kept moving in a light pace while looking at the scenery and its beauty before sitting down on her hooves and had an even better look at her surroundings. Her eyes gazed over the near endless plains, bushes here and there as big as she was, birds kept singing as rabbits happily walking around. She just loved these kinds of sights, she found them living paintings of which she was a part of.

The young draconequus stopped hovering with his wings. He touched the ground and began to walk on his two legs into the plains, tucking his wings against his body. Oddly enough he was enjoying the new sights of green instead of fear it. Even though he had no idea where he was going to, he just kept walking and exploring. It didn't matter how long he had been walking, all he cared for were the sights of the beautiful land that fell in his eyes.

A family of rabbits gently yet carefully approached the white mare as they looked a little scared towards her. Celestia noticed them and moved her head a little bit towards them while a small smile appeared on her face.

The eyes of the rabbits fell on it and in their little hearts, they felt the pure harmony it gave off. Some of them approached her more, but still in a careful manner. The alicorn just laid there still waiting for them to come.

After a lot of hesitating had one of the rabbits finally found the courage to rub its face in her coat and snuggle up against her a little. Celestia released a giggle in response as she even seemed to be enjoying it. It was soon after it that the other rabbits also started to do the same against her and she couldn't hold herself anymore and just kept softly giggling.

The draconequus had no idea for how long he walked, minutes, hours, he didn't know but he also didn't care. All he cared for where the sights and he smiled all the time. This land is so much better, so much more peaceful, he thought to himself.

He allowed his eyes to fall into the distance where they spotted a white spot, a white spot with pink coloring. His curiosity got the better of him as he lowered himself on his hands and carefully crawled up to the white spot.

The rabbits kept on snuggling against Celestia who couldn't hold it anymore and just erupted in a soft laughter. “All of you are tickling me quite the bit,” she said in a laughing but kind tone. The rabbits just kept snuggling and one climbed on top of her back where it made itself comfortable and fell asleep like it was nothing. She looked at the rabbit on her back and nuzzled it lightly after which she let it be as the others were too busy tickling her in a snuggling way.

The draconequus saw it happening and he began to move with care and in silence to a nearby bush. He disappeared within it when he was close enough and kept his eyes on the mare. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. His attention kept itself at her as Celestia played with the rabbits and smiled. In his body he felt something, he never felt before. A warm, fuzzy feeling. What is this... I, I do not even know it... But, I can tell already, could this be, were just a small amount of the thoughts which went through his head. He shook his head and kept looking at her with his dreamy eyes.

The rabbit who slept on top of Celestia suddenly woke up and jumped of her body. It cowered a little against it, away from the bush where the draconequus was hiding. The warm eyes of the alicorn fell on the rabbit as she spoke softly. “What is it, dear?” The rabbit just buried itself deeper into her coat and all the other rabbits looked a little confused but then did the same.

While Celestia tried to connect the dots in her mind, she felt that something was conflicting with her inner harmony. Which then caused her to close her eyes for a moment. She tried to locate where the conflict came from. In her mind she followed the trail of disharmony with her magic before she spoke up. “I know you are in the bush.”

The draconequus his pupils become as small as possible, the thing, the creature he didn't even met, somehow knew he was there. He gulped a little but then, ever so gently he began to reveal himself from the bush. She turned her head towards the bush due to the rustle of the leaves and watched him walking out of it. He raised on his legs but then sat down looking her in the eyes.

Celestia looked at him carefully. He had a snake like body, a head that resembles that of a pony but she never has seen such a shape. A small bat and pegasus wing were on his back, the right arm of a lion, the left being the claw of an eagle, right leg of a lizard, left leg of a goat, manes like a pony and a dragon’s tail with a white tuft at the end, also a small fang stuck out of his mouth.

It was just one big mash of creatures, but she remembered something her mother told a long time ago, that only a draconequus could look like that. “You are, you are, a, a d-draconequus,” she brought forth with a lot of trouble. All of the rabbits fled at the sight of him and when Celestia realized it she stood up and looked him in the eyes, both his pupils had a different size oddly enough. “What is your plan here, why are you here, and above all, what is your name?”

He sighed deeply and then began to speak his words. “My name is Discord, I have come here to look at the land you live in, I do not plan to do anything against it... I, I am an outcast myself... Always failed at chaos magic, never was chaotic enough in the eyes of the others. I don’t even know why they gave me that name...”

The more the alicorn gazed in his eyes, the more she saw he spoke the truth but also she took note of his charm. Something in her made her feel something for him but it was something next to sorrow and guilt. The mare couldn't place it home but didn't speak about it for his sake. “I am sorry to hear that Discord, right?” said Celestia with care in her voice.

Discord nodded and asked a question in a shy voice,. “m-may I, know y-your name?”

She smiled warmly to him just before she made her reply. “My name is Celestia.”

By hearing that name had Discord finally the found the guts to look her back in the eyes and he began to lose himself in them. The young alicorn smiled warmly to the young draconequus and kept looking in his eyes, getting more lost in them with each passing second. Discord had the same for Celestia, he kept looking her in the eyes and smiles warmly back.

After a long time of just staring to each other, they both broke the silence as they spoke the same words, “I think I love you,” at the same time. Both looked at each other in disbelief of what they heard and blinked a couple times.

“What? Why, why?” stuttered Discord in utter disbelief.

“I, I do not know what it is... I think, it is, everything... Your looks, your personality, I just, I just love it,” stuttered Celestia back to him. She couldn't place her feelings for him.

“O-Oddly enough, I, I feel the same way,” replied Discord who slowly regained a grip on his words. “W-Wait here please... I, I need to get something,” he continued to speak with a smile.

“Alright, I will wait right here,” replied Celestia. And the second she spoke those words, Discord flew away over the plains. He was looking for something, something rather special.

---

Minutes slowly passed before he landed back in front of her and kept a sunflower behind his back. He began to speak in a very nervous tone. “Celestia... I just met you... And I, I do love you... From the moment, I saw you... I felt it... W-Will you be my m-m-marefriend?” During the words spoken, he slowly showed the flower to the mare and she was hit by surprise.

A smile began to take shape on the face of Celestia as she softly replied. “Yes, I will be your marefriend, if you will be my, c-coltfriend.”

Discord smiled of joy and nodded heavily in agreement to her words. “I, I will. And this, is for you.” He gave the sunflower to his newfound love and simply awaited her reaction.

Celestia took the flower with her magic and brought it to her face. But as she did that, the flower covered her entire face while the sound of sniffing could be heard. Discord began to fear a little he disappointed her but he couldn't read any of her emotions.

But when the flower lowered itself and a smiling Celestia was revealed, he started to smile and moved in for the hug. Celestia saw it coming and she held the flower aside. Where he wrapped both of arms around her, she wrapped both of her forelegs around him, creating a tight hug between the two. They hugged for a long time but in the heat of the moment, both looked at each other and brought their lips together. The actions slowly resulting in a warm, long and loving kiss while getting more and more lost in each other's eyes as time passed by.