• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 3,922 Views, 55 Comments

Sonic Universe: Equestrian Adventure - Arcing Light



After Sonic rescues Knothole from Dr. Eggman after a brutal defeat, he and several other Freedom Fighters are thrown through the multiverse to a land that is inhabited by quadripedal ponies and where chaos is absent, for the most part at least.

  • ...
7
 55
 3,922

The Unthinkable Happens

The blue hedgehog skidded to a stop as he watched the cyan Pegasus dive head first towards the ground. The Pegasus picked up speed as she neared the ground and the hedgehog noticed the familiar cone of the sound barrier surrounded the mare. A dozen feet above the ground, the mare shot towards the horizon and the sound barrier exploded outward, creating a rainbow within it that followed the mare as well. The hedgehog flinch a little as the sonic boom reached his ears.

"Well, you’re certainly full of surprises, aren't you?" The hedgehog grinned. "Let's do it to it!" The hedgehog blasted off after the Pegasus, creating his own sonic boom in the process.

My name is Sonic the Hedgehog. For some reason, the Knothole Freedom Fighters, the Chaotix, and myself were sent to this world that the locals called Equestria. We didn't come alone, though. Several ships from Dr. Eggman's Egg Fleet followed us and crashed into the far side of the forest that were currently residing beside, and a base has been set up from the wreckage. How did things end up like this? Well, I guess that I should start from that day: The day Eggman destroyed Knothole. The day that he almost took away everyone I ever cared about. That's the day everything changed.

--------

Prime Zone

Planet Mobius

Freedom Fighter Headquarters

Knothole Village Outskirts

Sonic sat on the couch in the middle of the base’s recreation room, as he slowly plucked at the strings on his guitar. Beside him, Vector and Mighty were busy playing some combat video game, trying to gain the upper hand on one another to no avail. Sonic smiled to himself as he enjoyed the down time he barely ever got these days.

"I say he's been gone too long!" The loud familiar voice of Knuckles filled the room as the red echidna walked through one of the doorways, followed closely by Julie-Su and Rouge who hung back by the door. "We need to go out and look for Espio!" He said worriedly.

Grabbing hold of one of Knuckles's arms, Julie-Su leaned into the red echidna's shoulder. "I'm sure he's fine, hon." She assured him. "You know he'd be mad at us if we did go looking for him."

Knuckles gave a little sigh as the pink echidna snuggled up to him. "I don't want to insult him, Julie, I know he's talented, but I can’t shake the feeling that something bad has happened."

Rouge smiled mischievously from the door before flying over to the pair and landing next to them. "Never doubt a Guardian’s intuition." The bat said as she grabbed the red echidnas other arm and pulled him to her and away from Julie-Su. Julie scowled at Rouge, who grinned smugly in return, before returning her attention to Knuckles. "You and I can go and look for Espio."

"You'd do that Rouge." Knuckles gave the bat a hopeful smile.

"She'll do anything." Julie-Su growled.

"Watch it pinky." Rouge glared at the pink echidna.

Listening to the exchange from the couch, Sonic let out a soft chuckle as he continued to strum a song on his guitar that he would normally play on an acoustic. "Whoo boy." He shook his head in amusement.

"I guess it’s a good sign that we can afford a little banter lately." A familiar voice came from beside him. Looking over, he saw his childhood friend walked in from one of the other doorways.

"Things have never been better, Sally." Sonic continued to pluck at his guitar.

"You wear pink!" They heard Julie-Su yell from behind them.

Leaning back on the couch's arm, Sonic smiled. "Knothole is a booming little city. We've got a sweet little home-away-from-home here in Freedom HQ."

"Families are reuniting after so much time apart." Sally continued as she leaned over on the back of the couch. "The monarchy is young and strong, while the villains are on the decline. We've already got some of the worst locked away safely." She grinned as she watched Charmy and Saffron cheered on Ray, as the young squirrel threw a dart at a picture of Dr. Eggman that was pinned to a dartboard. The squirrel scored a bullseye, hitting the doctor in the nose. "At this rate, we'll topple Eggman’s empire in no time."

"We’re just shy of perfect." Sonic let out a small sigh. "If only Tails..."

"What about Tails?" Sally asked as the yellow fox walked passed to the other side of one of the doorways.

"I get the feeling that he's keeping something from me, that's all."

--------

Sitting at a computer monitor, Tails brought up a program for a routine check on Freedom HQ's systems. The fox raised an eyebrow as he noticed the program take considerably longer than normal to start. "Are you okay, Nicole?" Tails asked the computer.

"I believe I am fine." an electronic female voice said through the monitor’s speakers. "But, I will run a diagnostic now, just in case."

"Good idea. We don't know if Snively did anything to us before he left." Tails agreed as he accepted a warm mug of coffee from the walrus beside him. "Thanks, Rotor."

"Sure thing, Tails." The walrus gave Tails a friendly smile. "Speaking of running diagnostics on yourself, it’s been a rough few weeks for you buddy. Fiona leaving, Tommy... y'know. And, then you and Sonic have been kind of at odds."

Tails stared into his mug as he thought to himself. "I'll admit, it’s been hard to take. It’s been hard to prove myself as a Freedom Fighter, and harder still to fail to protect them..."

Rotor gave tails a worried glance. "Tails, you didn't fail..."

"And, never mind Sonic." Tails brightened. "I finally have my family back and I still have my friends near me! I'll be fine."

Rotor cocked an eyebrow. "If you say so!"

"Diagnostic complete," Nicole's electronic voice rang out. "System Compromised! We're Under Attack!"

--------

A large, deafening crack sounded throughout Freedom HQ as part of the ceiling of the underground complex was ripped out of place. Looking up, the Freedom Fighters and Chaotix spotted a large green robot. Two most noticeable features were the shoulder blade, which had an ornamented wing-like structure pointing upward, and a head that seemed to almost resemble that of an ant. The pointy nosed Snively could be seen through the cockpit’s glass top, piloting the metal behemoth.

"Knock-knock, my friends." The Overlander cackled.

As debris fell down from above, Rotor quickly dived and pushed Tails out of his seat, sending the young fox tumbling away from the falling rocks that crashed down on the walrus. Landing and spinning on his heels, Tails turned to help his fallen friend, but was instead met with the sight of the walrus being hit by a bright yellow beam and being ripped apart until nothing of him remained.

"Rotor!" Tails cried, horrified from the sight that he had just witnessed.

In the next room over, Rouge, Julie-Su, and Vector were hit by the same type of yellow beams that had taken out Rotor, and they too were ripped apart as well. "Just like fish in a barrel!" Snively laughed maniacally.

"Sn-Snively just v-vaporized..." Sonic stuttered as his mind tried to catch up with the events that had just happened in front of him.

"Just what in tarnation is happenin’ out here?!" A rabbit in a worn jacket yelled as she rushed into the room followed by her coyote husband.

"Bunnie!" Sally called to the rabbit cyborg who had just appeared in the room to see what was happening. "Get him outside and give us some room!"

"Ah'm on it, Sally girl!" Bunnie activated the jets in the soles of her mechanized feet and flew off towards the green robot.

"Oh, I think I can handle you!" Snively smirked as he grabbed the cyborg out of the air by her mechanized arm. Raising the other arm of his robot, Snively shot off a flurry of beams at the other Freedom Fighters.

"Sonic, I want you to..." Sally started to order, before she was struck by one of the beams.

"Mighty, help me!" Ray cried out as he too was struck by the beams along with Charmy and Saffron.

"Monstre!" The coyote cried as he charged at the robot, sword drawn, but like the others, he hit by a beam.

Snively then turned to the struggling rabbit that he held in his grasp. "I suppose I shouldn't separate the newlyweds. Brace yourself, Bunnie. This burns, a lot." Snively smiled evilly as he vaporized the cyborg in his clutches at the same time Mighty delivered a uppercut to Snively's robot enraged.

"What’s going on?" Amy asked as the pink hedgehog ran into the room.

"Rotor! Sally! He blasted...!" Tails blubbered as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Let me at him!" Knuckles yelled as Sonic tried to hold the echidna back.

"Everyone stand back!" Sonic grunted as he held down the echidna. "Mighty's lost it! And you do not want to be in the middle of that."

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO RAY?!" Mighty bellowed as the armadillo ripped off one of the now severely dented robot arms. He then swung the severed arm at the robot, sending it reeling backwards. "He could never hurt you! I told him I'd keep him safe! And you go and vaporize him."

Landing on its back, Snively raised the robots remaining arm and snapped off a quick shot, hitting Mighty and vaporizing the armadillo, along with the severed arm he carried. "Fine! I don't want you to feel left out!" Snively yelled. Behind him, Sonic was just climbing out of the pit and witnessed Mighty's demise.

"Oh man...now we go!" The hedgehog started to sprint at Snively's robot.

"So will I, since my work here is done." Snively pressed a red button in his cockpit, causing the upper portion of the robot to detach and fly off. The lower half exploded, sending Sonic flying backwards and causing the hole in the ground to cave in. "After all, I was just the distraction." Snively cackled as he flew off

Lying on his stomach, Sonic watched as the pointy nosed Overlander escaped. "Just the distraction?" Sonic asked himself.

"Sonic!" a muffled voice came through the rubble that had filled the hole. "He must mean that Dr. Robotnik is attacking Knothole. We're okay in here! Go save our families"

With that, Sonic got up and dashed off in the direction of Knothole. "Don’t worry guys. I’m fast enough to get there in time to save..." Sonic started as he ran over the small hill that separated Freedom HQ and the small city, "...everyone..."

The sight before the hedgehog was overwhelming. Across the landscape was complete devastation. Everything was burning as a fleet of airships hovered over the city, and whatever wasn't on fire, simply no longer existed. As the hedgehog ran through the burning city, he could spot the areas where places that had been important to him were now barren. "... Uncle Chuck’s diner... the Lake of Rings... my neighborhood... my house... it's all gone!" Looking off into the distance, the only structure that the hedgehog saw that was still standing was Castle Acorn. a small flame of hope burned within the hedgehog as he sped towards the structure. "I bet Elias got everyone into the castle! They'll be safe there! I can get there and help hold off the invasion." The flame within the hedgehog grew a little brighter.

And then, it was extinguished as the castle exploded into a sea of fire. Sonic skidded to a stop as his heart skipped a beat. "No... NOOO!!"

"It's about time you showed up, rodent." A voice emerged from the flames. Sonic watched as a large shadow moved its way through the inferno that was once Castle Acorn.

"Robotnik..." Sonic shook with a mixture of rage and fear. "Everyone I ever cared for... my family... my friends... you... they're."

"Captured, Sonic." Eggman said plainly as a new robot emerged from the flames, which seems to be model to look like its creator. Spikes were covering on its mecha boots, shoulders, and head. It also had a large shield on its left arm and a checker-colored wrecking ball equipped on the other arm. On its back were two bizarre looking devices, its purpose yet to be discovered.

"Snively and I used an advanced teleporting beam, much like the one I used on Mammoth Mogul and his crowd. They've been teleported to my Egg Grapes. There it will all end."

Sonic stood up straight and glared at the robot now that he realized what had truly happened. "Nice try, doc. Snively didn't zap me. I get to save the day like always." The hedgehog proclaimed, pointing at his chest with his thumb.

"Silly boy," Eggman smiled from inside the robot, "I told Snively to leave you for me!" A barrage of missiles launched from the robot’s back and angled themselves towards the blue hedgehog as the checkered ball dropped from the robots arm, still connected by a metal chain.

Watching Sonic dodged the missiles with relative ease, the doctor continued. "I'm surprised that you still retain your confidence after so many failures. Or did you forget what happened to Tommy Turtle and Sir Connery?"

Eggman eyed the hedgehog as Sonic started to use the missiles as foot holds, making a mad dash for the doctor. "You were never able to deroboticized your friends and family without the help of those blasted aliens. And, even then, your father is still a robot." Sonic jumped off a final missile and curled into a ball, diving straight at the doctor. "Or, how about your love life? Sally, Mina, even Fiona abandoned you for your evil doppelganger." Eggman raised the robot’s shield. "So, how come you’re all alone?"

"Shut up!" Sonic snapped, launching into and bouncing off of the shield multiple times.

"That’s it?" Eggman sounded disappointed. "That’s your witty comeback? Please, Sonic, I want our last game to at least have some merit."

"This is a game to you?!" Sonic yelled as he launched himself at Eggman’s robot once again.

"You actually thought that your pithy resistance had some type of toe-hold against my empire?" Eggman slammed his shield against the spinning hedgehog. "The world fell to me so easily, that I was left with nothing to do! I allowed your Freedom Fighters to exist so that I might entertain myself!" Eggman then swung the checkered ball down, aiming it to land on top of the hedgehog.

"Liar!" Sonic dodged, and sprinted away from the ball as it was swung sideways at him. "You've tried, and failed, to beat us in the past."

"I will concede, you all have won my little war games more times than not. But so what? Is Mobius any more free now than it was years ago?" Activating rockets in the robot feet, Eggman flew off after the speeding hedgehog. "That is why King Maximillian's attempt to rally support failed. The rest of the world knows I own and control them."

Looking back at the robot pursuing him, Sonic yelled. "They would've called us for help if...!”

"They knew you were powerless Sonic. That's why they never asked for help." Eggman fired from his robot at the blue hedgehog, who promptly spun out of the way. "Which is why they never warned you about this!" With another swing of the ball, Eggman nailed sonic, drawing a loud cry from the hedgehog and sent him flying into the ground.

"Get up, rodent. I'm not done with you yet." Eggman approached the hedgehog, swinging the checkered ball above the robot. Sonic struggling to get up, before performing a Jump Dash at the robot, but fruitlessly bounced of the shield again. "HAHAHA! Ah, your futile actions amuse me so. You'll never win this battle Sonic, you can't."

"Keep talking big doc! I'm not done yet!" Sonic said as he uncurled his body and landed.

"You were finished before the Egg Fleet even began bombardment. This battle suit is specifically designed to match and outclass your speed and strength!" Eggman gloated as he swung the ball once more. Sonic jumped and dodged the ball, but was quickly picked out of the air by one of the robot’s laser cannons.

"The only reason you can take this much punishment is because of all those magic rings you once collected. Which means I get to toy with you longer than should be reasonable!" Swinging the ball from below, Eggman caught Sonic in the chin, sending the hedgehog into the dirt. "I've studied you all your life, rodent. We've reached your limit."

"Limit? LIMIT?!" Sonic gave Eggman a furious smile as something within the hedgehog snapped. Sonic took off in the opposite direction of the Overlander, and was gone in the blink of an eye.

"Egad! Snively! Track the hedgehog via the Egg Spy Satellites. Where did he go?"

"Tracking now, sir." Snively's voice crackled over the radio. "He's... He's moving a lot faster than you calculated he could."

"Nonsense! Just get me his location!"

"H-he..." Snively stuttered.

"Where, Snively? Where?!"

"He's already on the east coast!"

Prime Zone

Planet Mobius

East Coast

Silenced reigned over the beach as the waves crashed against the sand. A crab dug its way out of the soft ground by the sea and started to make its way to the salty waters. Suddenly, a blue creature blasted by the crab, sending the crustacean into the distance where it landed in the sea with a splash.

"’LIMIT’?" The creature yelled as it turned on the spot, running in place as its legs cycled in an eight-figured motion, forcing the water behind it back so that a full fifty feet of seabed was revealed. "I'VE GOT YOUR ‘LIMIT’ RIGHT HERE!" As quickly as the creature had appeared, it was gone, rocketing back the way it had come, tearing up terrain as it went.

Prime Zone

Planet Mobius

Knothole Ruins

"Watch out, sir!" Snively cried over the radio.

"Oh, my gears and starters..." Eggman mumbled nervously. Raising the robot’s shield, the Overlander braced for impact. The hedgehog was back faster than Eggman could blink an eye, curled into a ball and heading straight for the robot. As the spinning hedgehog slammed into the robot, a shockwave was released and the robot was sent flying backwards into the remains of the ruined castle behind it. The robot collided with the ground and an explosion of dust and rocks filled the air.

"H-ha! H-how’s that for m-my limit, Eggman?" Sonic held his head and gave a victorious smile as he stumbled a little.

"It's just fine, Sonic." Eggman called from the dust loudly, causing Sonic's eyes to widen. As the dust cleared, Sonic saw that other than a large dent in the shield, the robot was absolutely fine. "Although I am a little upset you dented the shield." Raising the shield to the cockpits viewport, Eggman inspected the piece of metal. Without warning the robot rushed at Sonic and slammed the mangled shield against the hedgehog.

"Like I said before Sonic," Eggman swung the checkered ball upwards, nailing Sonic in the gut and sending him flying up. "You’re outmatched, outclassed," Jumping into the air Eggman got above the flying hedgehog and slammed his heel down into him, "You’re not fast enough, nor are you strong enough," Shooting Sonic with the robots laser cannon, the hedgehog fell to the ground, beaten and bruised. "And you certainly aren't smart enough to defeat me."

Landing next to the hedgehog, Eggman picked up Sonic and brought him in front of the viewport. "I'm going back to New Megaopolis now." Eggman smiled at the beaten hedgehog. "Once I've freshened up, I'm going to turn on the Egg Grapes. Everyone you've ever known or cared for will be turned into fuel for my city. And, you'll be left here, helpless."

Eggman smile grew even larger. "I'm not playing with you rodent. Run, run all over the world and try to start a new Freedom Fighter group. You will find no one. So run, for the rest of your life, and never escape the humiliation of today."

Throwing the hedgehog to the ground, Eggman activated the rockets in the robots feet and flew off into the distance with the rest of his fleet. Sonic lay there, bruised and broken as he watched his lifelong enemy leave.

"Sonic? Sonic!" A voice called out from behind him. Struggling, Sonic turned to the source of the noise and spotted Tails running his way.

"Hey, Tails." Sonic said weakly as he tried to get up. The young fox reached the hedgehog’s side and wrapped Sonic's arm around the back of his neck, helping the hedgehog sit up.

"I'm sorry, Sonic! We dug out as fast as we could, and...”

"Don't sweat it. I'll heal."

"Everything is gone..." Tail's looked around at the destruction Eggman had wrought. "Eggman’s won."

"Yeah, for now..." Sonic agreed.

"For now?" Tails asked, his eyes watering.

"We're still breathing right?" Sonic explained as he forced his body to stand. "And everyone's still alive. It means we've still got a chance." Looking back at the fox, Sonic gave him his trademark grin. "Let get Amy and Knuckles and hurry over to Eggman's place. We don't want to be late for the party."

--------

Zone ???

Planet ???

Canterlot Castle

Luna yelped as she woke in a cold sweat and her mind raced. "Wha-what was that?" Luna whispered to herself as the memories of the nightmare she had just witnessed washed over her. "Those poor creatures. Who would do such a thing?"

The image of the metal beings flashed across her mind and she shivered a bit. "Calm thyself, Luna," The Alicorn tried to regain her thoughts and move them away from the nightmare. "T’was just a dream."

Looking out her room’s window, the Alicorn spotted the sun-casted twilight over the land as it slowly sank beneath the horizon. "It's already time to raise the moon?" Luna asked herself, surprised by how late it already was. Luna frowned as she silently cursed her bad habit of oversleeping. "Thy night guard was supposed to wake me an hour ago."

Flinging her covers off of herself, Luna rolled out of her bed and groggily made her way to the cabinet she kept her royal attire in. Lighting her horn with the blue aura of her magic, the Alicorn opened the cabinet and started to levitate the black and silver attire onto her body. Starting with the chest piece emblazoned with a crescent moon, she slipped her head through the hole and adjusted it so that it fit snugly around her neck. Lifting her hooves, she stepped into the horse shoes that made it feel slightly less natural to walk around, compared to walking barehoofed. Finally, slipping on her black tiara above her horn, the Princess of the Night trotted out onto her room's balcony.

Raising her horn, Luna unleashed a surge of magical energy as she grabbed the moon and pulled the pale orb into its position in the sky. As the moon stopped, the night sky came to life as stars twinkled into existence, mimicking the lunar princess’s flowing mane.

As she finished, Luna walked back into her room and her thoughts immediately returned to her nightmare, and the blue creature it had contained. "Why can't I shake the feeling that this twas much more than just a dream?" The lunar princess asked herself.

The door to her room opened and a white Alicorn walked in. "Hello Tia, I was just about to head down to get something to eat. Would thou like to join me?"

"Not now, Luna." The Alicorn declined, her expression filled with worry as she closed the large doors to the room behind her. "There is something important we must discuss, and I'm afraid it cannot wait until later."

"Ti's something wrong sister?"

"Luna, dear sister," Celestia looked the navy blue Alicorn in the eye, her expression as serious as could be. "I'm afraid that the barrier between our world and the rest of the zones has started to collapse."

Luna’s eyes widened in horror. "This cannot be happening. If the barrier fails, then creatures like Discord could once again come through and sow chaos across the land, just as the other Draconequis did. We must gather the Elements and recast the spell. We cannot let...”

"It is already too late Luna." Celestia calmly stated, though Luna could detect faint traces of fear in her voice. "The barrier has already eroded to the extent that we have already connected to several other worlds. If we tried to reseal ourselves now, we could cause untold damage to the rest of the multiverse."

"Why did we not sense this earlier?"

"Because, we are no longer connected to the Elements."

Luna looked up into the sun princess’s eyes. "What do we do now, sister?"

"We wait." Celestia said as she closed her eyes. "We wait and hope for the best."

Author's Note:

I cannot take most credit for most of this first chapter as it was mostly taken from issue 175 of Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog Comic written by Ian Flyyn (i think thats how you spell his last name) except for the parts that involve the equestrians and a few lines that I added or altered to make the story run smoother. Using actual comic issues will not really become a recuring theme in this story except for a few arcs I have planned out like this chapter/issue and the rest of the Eggmans Victory arc and a few others like (warning spoilers!) the Hedgehog Havoc ark and the New Death Egg/Genesis ark. So those of you who enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog/My Little Pony crossovers, stay tuned because I've got a great story planned out.

Edit: I would like to thank my editor GMZ_Casper, who took the time to go over my original chapter and helped me improve it. Thanks Casper.

Until Next Time,
-Gigawatt