• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,269 Views, 33 Comments

Daddy Discord - KingofSquirrelz



The good guy wins and the bad guy loses, cliche, unoriginal, boring. ~ Discord

  • ...
12
 33
 2,269

Brother in Arms

Today was the best day in the world, it was Brave's day off. Brave had made it through his first month of apple bucking. Nothing in the world could bother him today, with the exception of sore muscles at least. He laid there in his bed staring at the ceiling. Then it hit him that he literally had nothing to do today, his spirit sunk low. He was leaning on the side of the bed tracing circles in the dirt next to it. Then he saw it, a new box on the far side of the floor, it was a box, but what got his attention was that it was crudely hidden. Curiosity got the better of him. He made his way over to the aforementioned box, taking great care to unearth it from its cloth and book fortress prison. In the box was nothing more than blue crystals with opal forensic lens.

“Oh no.” Came the voice of a very scared dragon. “Please don’t tell Twilight, please Brave please don’t tell her.” Spike threw himself at Braves hoofs nearly in tears. “If she knew I had those she would skin me alive.”

“Spike calm down, they're just crystals I see you eating them all the time.” Brave rolled his eyes.

“You…*sniff* don’t…*sniff* know what they are?” Spikes finally stop tearing up.

“No Spike I don't.”

Spikes mood nearly did a 180°. “Brave I have a proposition for you.”

Brave raised an eyebrow, getting quite interested were this would go. “Go on.”

“I can’t say why now, but you have to trust me on this ok, it will be worth it, but I need to you get Twilight out of the house for about an hour or so.”

Brave being more curious than ever. “Oh, and whys that; and on a better note what is in it for me?”

“I can give you some tips on how to win over Twilight, you have the whole nice guy thing going for you, and thats great and all, but that is not everything.“

Brave raised an eyebrow. “What makes you think I have am interested in her.” Brave was slightly irritated.

“Because I caught you staring at her flank almost thirty times in the past two days alone.” Spike said flatly.

“Ahh, I see.” Brave said not evening making a single attempt to deny it. Over the past month he had not progressed and anything other than breaking a sweat every day.

“Plus, I will throw in the best show of your life for free.” Spikes eyes widened and extended his hand and in return Brave put his hoof to it and they shook.

“I hope your right Spike, because if you not, I might let it slip to Twilight about a certain magazine hidden among those many books.”

Spikes eyes nearly doubled in size “How did you?”

“I have my ways young dragon, I have my ways.” Brave trotted down the stairs, the Library was still clean from when he spent the morning buffing every inch of it. Although the stack of book on the counter was growing higher and higher. Behind them was a lilac mare delving deep into a large black book ‘Advanced Levitation’. Then the idea hit him.

“Twilight?”

She looked up from her book she was chewing on a piece of buttered toast “Myex Mrave?” She then put done the piece of toast and chuckled to herself “Yes Brave?”

“Would you mind if I took you up on that offer for magic training?” She nearly jumped out of her chair.

“I would love to.” Her tail even wagged a little.

“Well when today would you be free.”

“Well the library will have to be open for at least another hour or so, I could teach you a little bit then, but after I need to prepare.”

“Prepare for what?"

“Oh, I guess you don’t know 'hehe'.” She smiled to herself. “Well for a while now me and the girls have had a slumber party here the eighth of every month for almost a year now, oh and we also have pet play dates every other Saturday and on the alienating Saturdays we all go to the spa.”

“So tonight is you slumber party?” He knew the answer, but still just wanted to make sure.

“Mmhmm, oh and speaking of which… umm since it’s a girls thing. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind just hanging out in the basement with Spike, you know we will be doing girly things, make up, pillow fights, girl talk, nothing that you would be interested in.”

“I will entertain Spike tonight, don’t worry, besides me and him need a little bonding time.” He gave her an innocent smile.

“That’s great now can you hand me that book…” Time went by slowly, Brave sat next Twilight until the closing hour and not a single pony patron came into the Library.

“Well that was boring.” Brave said bluntly, he caught Twilight's sad face out of the corner of his eye. “At least I got a beautiful mare to keep me company.”

She blushed a deep red that could easily be seen though her coat. “Do you really think I am beautiful?” She looked down and starting playing with small rock that had found its way into the library.

“I am not a liar Twilight.” Brave now giving him a mental pat on the back.

Twilight turned and levitated a few books off the shelf behind her, and made her way to the back of the library. “Spike!” Brave shouted upstairs, his voices changed to a velvety tone. “Me and Twilight are going outside for a bit please do lock up.” Brave hoped that he got the message as he made his way to behind the library.

- - -

“Now Brave the first principal steps of magic are simple, but are the hardest to master.” Brave sat there taking in every word, actually interested this time in the topic he mopped up the words like a sponge.“

First rule of magic: Never try to bring anypony else back to life.

Second rule: Never try to create life with magic.

Thirds Rule: All types /shapes and forms of space/time magic are forbidden.

Firth rule: Never attempt transmutation magic.

Brave interjected. “What’s transmutation magic?” Twilight gave a small smirk, she was enjoying the teacher role far too much.

“It is magic that changes one form of matter to another.” Brave honestly couldn’t see the reason why this was bad then questioned.

“Why is that a bad thing” Twilight gave a quick response.

“Two reasons; one you could change a stone into gold and then make bits out of the gold. That would destroy the economy. The second reason is what stops ponies with… lesser integrity from attempting it. See transmutation magic is not derived from Æther or mana. Its power comes from life, the purest form of it. The greatest offset of this is simple transmutation magic is very powerful but deadly since it can’t be controlled.

“Has anyone ever tried to master it?” Twilight's eyes dimmed a little.

“Yes, one pony did master this magic many thousands of years ago, but in doing so his body was twisted beyond all forms of pony. In doing so he extended his lifespan indefinitely. He caused mass chaos and disharmony throughout the land, and then Princess Celestia and Luna sealed him in stone. All things weaken in time though, and seals are no different. He broke free from his prison. Then we elements sealed him up for a second time. I hope this time permanently.”

Brave started to clap. “That must have been a hard fight.”

Twilight’s mood picked up “It was, it tested me and my friend’s friendship.” Twilight chuckled to herself. “But in the end though he literally sat there when we blasted him with the magic seal.”

Brave started laughing “No way, he just sat there.”

Twilight almost breaking into hysterics. “Its true, its true, he didn’t think we could do it so he just sat there and let us hit him, you should have seen his face.”

Twilight and Brave found themselves sitting closer to each other before they realized it, they looked at each other he could feel his heart racing. As they looked each other in the eyes she leaned in, and he in turn… she closed her eyes and so did Brave.

He kissed her, it was magical, although it wasn’t like Brave had imagined, her lips were soft and sweet but were a lot smaller than he thought, she did not have the aroma of books but she did smell like apple juice. Brave opened his eyes to see two huge golden orange eyes staring back at him.

Brave nearly jumped a yard in the air. “Apple Bloom!”

Twilight sat in shock when she opened her eyes to find that Apple Bloom was stealing her first kiss. “Apple Bloom what the buck is you doing here!”

“Just finishing a dare.” She said innocently as she hopped away with a spring in her step.

Scootaloo popped out of the bushes behind her “I can’t believe you did that, and you used a chicken token on touching a bug.”

Apple Bloom smirked “That was a big bug, but this is... this is war.” Apple Bloom looked back at Twilight, and gave her the most evil stare she have ever seen a filly give.

The two turned and ran back in front of the library, the bushes started to rustle as Sweetie Bell fell out of the bush “Wait up you too.”

Twilight got up and went back in front of the library leaving Brave to sit there in his confusion. After a few minutes he followed in toe. When he walked back into the library there was Spike picking up a pile of books. “What happened?”

Spike looked up. “Twilight bucked over this pile of books and ran upstairs.” It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know she was pissed.

“Ahh, I see.” Brave knew what she needed and that was the hardest thing to give, time to cool off.

“Did you get whatever you were doing, done?” Spikes eyes shifted back and forth and gave a small nod.

“Good I hope it was worth that.” Brave made a small gesture upstairs.

:A few hours later:

"Its time to PARTY." Pinkie Pie bounced around the room.

“Pinkie really must you be so hyper all the time.” Rarity whined as she walked upstairs.

“It’s a slumber party sugarcube, not some hoedown.” Said Applejack following in toe.

“I want you two down stairs, in the lab, the whole night, got it!” said Twilight obviously still pretty pissed about the event of this evening. “I don’t want you evening thinking about coming upstairs.”

“Sorry guys, girls only.” Rainbow dash flew upstairs “C’mon Fluttershy.” The small crème and pink pegasus gave a small nod to Spike and Brave as she made her way up to Twilight room. Then shut the door.

They stood there for about a minute looking at the door before Brave spoke. “Ok, spill, what’s up.” Spike chuckled to himself.

“Follow me.” The pair made their way to the basement. There were books stacked about books. Lab equipment on a far end of a long counter. In the middle of the wall was a large crystal mirror. “Watch this” Spike continued to chuckle to him, he went over and took a small red crystal from under nether an old mixing machine. He went up to the mirror and tapped the crystal against its smooth surface. The mirror lit up and as plain as day, and there they were. Twilight and her friends all sitting up in her room in sleeping bags, except Twilight who was on her bed.

“Those crystals were cameras.” Brave said breathlessly as he watch.

“They also pick up sound.” Spike said proudly.

Brave stared at the mirror. “Spike I think we just connected on an emotional level.”

Spike raised an eyebrow “What?”

“Never mind, pass me the popcorn.”

:In Twilight's Room:

“Ok Twilight, time to talk what’s wrong why you are so mad.”

The girls sat in a circle now all eyes on Twilight “It’s nothing, but I never had the urge to harm a filly before in my life.” She looked over at Applejack, she rolled her eyes and she sighed.

“What Apple Bloom do now.” Twilight gave vivid details about the happenings of the evening. “Then she stole my first kiss!”

(Spike shot an upward glance at Brave, “What I didn’t know, I had my eyes closed.)

“Now sugarcube, I will have a small talk with Apple Bloom later."

Rarity chimed in. “This may be partly my fault.” The girls now more confused than ever.

“I might have given Sweetie Bell some more aggressive dating advice to break the ice.” Her face went a little dark. “Sweetie Bell told me all three of the crusaders had a crush on a colt, I just assumed it was someone at school, not Brave…I am really sorry Twilight."

(Spike-What did you do? Brave- Long story, now shhh.)

“It’s ok…” Her eyes trailed off.

“Well I am kind of surprised you haven’t already bucked his brains out.” chirped Pinkie Pie. “He not really my type, but he seem really good for you Twilight."

“I even caught him staring at your flank when I walked into the library.” Squeaked a small voice now covering her face in a round pink pillow.

(Spike started to chuckle- You have a real thing for flanks huh Brave? Brave- I wonder if Rarity would like to see those candid photos you took of her. Spike- You wouldn’t. Brave- Try me.)

“He seems nice and all Twilight darling, but I just can’t place my hoof on it though, I swear I have met him some other pony place before.”

“You too?” replied Rainbow Dash.

“Actually I felt the same…” Fluttershy started to speak in a normal tone.

“Girls, girls, this is his first time in his life he has been outside of Hoofington.” Twilight gave a small be muffled chuckle. “But enough about him let’s play some games.”

(Brave- Yes, now it’s getting good.)

“First things first girls, Makeovers!”

(Double Facehoof)

:Two hours later after the priming and primping, plucking, pulling, mudslinging, and hoof polishing:

“Ok, girls what do you want to play now.”

“I know what I want to play.” Rainbow dash leaned in and paused for dramatic effect. “Truth or Dare.”

In almost unison all the girls gave a long sigh. “Are you sure, we all know what happened last time.“Applejack looked at Fluttershy both their faces turning flush.

“Now girls things like that happen, it’s a game after all.” A smirk growing on Twilight's face. “Besides who says there aren’t worse things they could have done.” Twilight giving a small seductive lick of her lips.

(Brave- Spike. Spike- Yah Brave. Brave- after this is all over you’re officially my best friend.)

“Ok truth or dare Applejack.” said Rainbow Dash an evil smirk growing on her lips “Since I know what happened last time I accepted a dare from you I will go with truth.”

“Have you ever clopped yourself thinking of your brother? Oh element of honesty.” She said with a near sadistic tone in her voice.

(Spike and Brave high hoofed each other.)

“Well…”She said nervously. “Maybe once in awhile on those lonely nights when my toy just isn’t doing it for me, maybe I have once or twice.”

(Brave- No bucking way.)

A massive giggle and laugh that was audible even though the basement door.

“It’s ma’ turn now.” Applejack proclaimed. “Pinkie Pie truth or dare.”

“Dare silly, you know me.”

“I dare you to go into Brave's room and clop yourself thinking of him and Spike double teaming you.” The room went silent.

“Okie Doki Lokie, Pinkie Pie said as she bounced out of the room.”

(Brave- Did you? Spike-Already on it. Spike took a blue crystal and tapped the screen and it was split in two. Brave- Spike you are my hero.)

Pinkie came bounding into the room with a smirk on her face; she took a minute and looked around the room. Nothing out of the ordinary. She made her way over to Brave's bed and laid down on the top of the blue comforter. She laid there for a minute then got off the bed, although her mare hood left a small trail on his bed. She went over to Spike’s Bed and the result was completely different. She lay on her back as she wiggles back and forth enjoying his bed. Her hoof made its way down to the pink swollen mare hood. She rubbed it slowly back and forth from her face she was quite enjoying it, she moaned a little. “Oh… Spike!"

(Brave- Spike this show is for you my friend. Spike couldn’t hear him his eyes and mind were totally glued to the mirror.)

She wiggled back and forth enjoying herself. Her dripping mare hood now soaking though most of Spike's pillows. Her tongue fell out of her mouth as she panted for air. Her hips started to buck wildly as if trying to absorb the invisible member she was imagining. Her eyes fell back into her skull, as a large amount her essence soaked though the pillow and now was soaking into the large wooden basket. She laid her for a while as she enjoyed her climax. She got up and left the room as quickly as she came.

(Spike tapped the screen and it went back to its original full screen, Spike's face was twisted in a smile so wide he could have been a circus clown.)

“Did you enjoy yourself sugarcube?” She was greeted with a huge smile from Applejack.

“I tried to do it thinking of Brave" she said, "But I couldn’t but Spike however...” She licked her lips a little “Well he is a different story, almost like cake and pie.” She bounce back to her pink sleeping bag. “Now…” Pinkies eyes went shallow and her hair went straight “Truth or dare Fluttershy.”

“Ummm…. Truth.” she said with a nearly inaudible voice.

“Wise choice.” Her hair went back to its normal pink bounciness. “OK let’s see, tell us a dark secret of yours, a juicy one not like last time were you nearly couldn’t stop crying because you forgot to feed your chickens, because you were in the hospital.”

“I must agree with Pinkie darling that secret was kind of, hmmm stale?”

“Well” Fluttershy squeaked. “……………..”

“Darling I can’t hear you”

“………………..”

“What was that”

“When I’m alone I like to touch my no no place.” The room was silent for a bit.

“Well sugarcube that’s not—“

“I always wanted Rainbow dash to fluff my wings.” Rainbow dash was now blushing.

“Its ok Fluttershy your turn is over n—“

“And I always wanted to suck on Twilight’s horn.” There was a long pause before Fluttershy spoke again.

(Spike- I would like to see that. Brave- Me too.)

“Well ummm." she looked at Rainbow Dash. "Truth or dare.” Rainbow dash was still a little shocked from the fluff comment.

“I see ummm, truth.” There was a small gasp throughout the room.

“Wow” Rarity stared at rainbow dash in almost complete confusion.

“What?” Rainbow Dash said in a defensive tone.

“Well this is the first time you ever said truth, ever.” Pinkie Pie was even taken back a little.

“Ummm." Fluttershy froze she looked back at the floor and at her continuing this for almost a minute. “Well Rainbow, there is something that… I… wanted…” Fluttershy's face was now beat red. Fluttershy got up and walked over to Rainbow dash and whispered something into her ear. Rainbow Dash eyes went wide. There was a long silence; they all watch then each slowly piecing together the situation before them.

“Yes.” Rainbow Dash said with a small very uncharacteristic whimper. She leaned over and kissed Fluttershy on the cheek. Every other ponies jaw nearly dropped as Fluttershy sat next to Rainbow Dash nuzzling her mane.

“This seems to be a productive evening.“ Twilight said unable to look away.

(Brave- Did she just? Spike couldn’t answer)

“Twilight truth or dare?” Rainbow said half heartedly as she was now enjoying the company of her new marefriend. Twilight was at a near loss for words.

“Truth” she said, her eyes still unable to look away.

“When are you going to make a move on that Brave Guy?”

(Brave was now at full attention.)

“I haven’t really thought about it that much.”

“Darling why don’t you try to ask him to the Gala, Spike did give him his ticket right?”

“Well yes, he did get it, but he doesn’t know what the gala is.”

“How in the world does he not know about the best party ever?” Pinkie Pie Interjected. “That like not knowing what cherries are or balloons are silly.”

“I know it’s just…” Twilight laid back in her bed. “Don’t you think it’s a little too quick? He just got here little over a month ago; sometimes I can’t keep my head straight around him. He even got a job the second day he arrived, just to help me out.”

“I git it now, I thought it was something like that.” Twilight looked over at Applejack

“What wrong”

“Tain't nothin wrong at all sugarcube I just think that stallion of yours likes you alot more than he lets on.”

Twilight nearly flung herself out a bed “Did he say something?”

“No hun, it’s what he is doing, not saying. He has been pulling a double shifts since the first week. Even I and my brother only goes for about twelve hours at max.“

“He said that the shifts were normally sixteen hours.”

“Since when have you ever heard of a sixteen hour work shift, he also paid off your debt.”

“He never told me that.” Twilight's face was now a deep crimson. “I will ask him tomorrow…” Twilight turned in her blankets her heart was beating fast she could hardly breathe “Girls I know it’s still early but would you guys mind if we went to bed…please?” None said a word after that they knew the only thing they could do was sit and let her think.

- - -

Brave touched the image of Twilight in the mirror, slowly however the vision around his eyes began to blur.

Thud.

A familiar sharp pain ran though his body it was a lot stronger than before. He could hear it.

Thud. thud.

*Open it my abomination.*

Brave could see it, there was a white circle drawn inside mirror with six different symbols drawn on inside. Small tethers were attacked to the symbols sending pulsing wave to the other rim. Brave could feel the magic in seal he put his hoof at the center of it. It was warm to the touch he could feel it pulsating. It was alive.

*Learn it, Make it. Destroy it.*

The Æther around the crest was turning black as Brave touched it with the tip of his hoof. A sharp pain swelled up in his for leg. The Æther disappeared and the room around him came visible to him again. He found Spike biting him tears flowing freely from his eyes.

“Spike… can you let go that is starting to hurt.” Spike opened his eyes.

“Your back, you’re not glowing anymore.” He sat down breathing hard. “Brave you were starting to scare me.”

“Glowing?”

“Yah, your eyes went all weird and started glowing white.”

“Sorry I worried you Spike, don’t worry about it ok.” Brave could only guess that he saw but it was quite obvious that Spike didn’t see it. Last thing he wanted was anyone worrying about him.

“I am sorry Spike, just was trying to show you a little parlor trick I learned the other day.”

“That was a prank?”

"A prank!" “Yes Spike, I’m sorry, it wasn’t that funny. This was a little extreme though.” He gestured down at his foreleg.

“Sorry about that.” Spike said as he rubbed the scales on the back of his head.

“It’s all good.” Brave said with a brotherly tone. “Now let’s get to bed.“Spike spent a few minutes unfolding his sleeping bag while in contrast Brave just took a pillow and laid on the floor.

“Good night Spike.”

“Night Brave.”

:Five minutes later:

“Are you sleeping yet Brave.”

“No.”

:Five more minutes:

“Brave?”

“What.”

“Never mind.”

:Five minutes later:

“Umm. Brave.”

Irritation erupted in the back of Braves mind like a hot nail piercing wood. “What is it Spike, I can tell there is something on your mind.”

“Well ummm… There is this girl that I have a crush on and—“

“Would this girl happen to be Rarity?”

“How did you kn—“

“A wild guess, continue.”

“Well you see I like her a lot, more than a lot actually, but she doesn’t like me back.”

“That sucks man, I know it hurts, I myself have been there on more than a few occasions.”

“Really?”

“Yes sir, it’s hard but you always have two choices. Get her to fall for you, or move on. I hate to say it though, but move on is usually the best option.“

“You really think so?”

“Yah, Spike I do.”

“There is something I been wanting to tell somepony else for a little while now.“ Brave lean over now looking at Spike

“What’s up?”

“For a while, I kind of have been seeing this girl…” Brave now was giving his full attention.

“You have a mare friend?”

“Well maybe, I don’t know, she comes over to the library and teases me, and once in a while we kiss and junk.”

“Sounds like a mare friend to me, how far have you gotten with her?”

“Only kissing.” He said with a slightly depressed tone.

“Spike that’s not a bad thing. Don’t rush it, she sounds like she may really like you.”

“”You really think so?”

“Eeyup.” Brave gave his best impression of Big Mac. Spike didn’t catch the joke. “So what are you going to do about Rarity?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, I recommend that you just leave her on the back burner so to speak.”

“Huh?”

“You like this new girl right?"

“Her name is Screwball and yes.”

“Well focus on her and put your feelings about Rarity away for a bit or permanently if you and Screwball hit it off.”

“Do you really think that will work?”

“Do you like Screwball?”

“Well yes.”

“Do you like her alot?”

Spike felt the skin below his scales heat up. “Yah….”

“Then it will work.”

“How do you know that?”

“Some things only experience can teach you Spike.” There was a long pause as if an unconfirmed agreement they both decided to go to sleep.

:Five Minutes Later:

“Thank you Brave.”

Brave didn’t say anything, although he found himself smiling.