• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 2,265 Views, 33 Comments

Daddy Discord - KingofSquirrelz



The good guy wins and the bad guy loses, cliche, unoriginal, boring. ~ Discord

  • ...
13
 33
 2,265

Black Feilds of Ember Grey

As night drifted into day as Luna worked her magic on the stars, Brave laid there in bed, fully awake after only a few hours of sleep. The evening’s festivities still playing out in his mind, from a single dance with Pinkie and her 'Pony-Pokie' that nearly knocked the wind out of him trying to attempt. Rarity making to much of a huge deal about making a suit for him, even after he said it was alright. Brave's mind settled, he leaned forward to get a view of his surroundings.

There was a large window looking out on the left side of the room, the moons light stuck against the rug on the floor. The rug itself had a pattern of Luna and Celestia raising and lowering the moon. Not something he would have in his room, but considering she was the princess’s protege, Brave thought it might have been very fitting. She had a nightstand next to her, wooden and well-polished to with a fine finish, there was even a few books underneath her bed, that looked like...romance novels? Her bed looked comfy but from the way she was tossing and turning in the bed Brave thought she may have some loose hay or have a vivid dream of some sort.

After a hour of laying in bed, and failing to get any more sleep, Brave decided to make myself useful, and do a little bit of cleaning before Twilight got up. Brave took in a lungful of air and made his way out of the bed, attempting to make as little of noise as possible. He noticed her shift in a awkward position, immediately reacting to this, Brave slowed his breathing and made every attempt to step as lightly as he could. Thanks to the door being opened, Brave's escape attempt went off without a hitch. Now finding himself at the top of the stairs, he quietly shut the door behind him. Next to Twilight's room, was Spike's room, which was easy to spot thanks to it being the only other room at the top of the stairs, and the obvious scorch marks on the door.

He made his way down the stairs, amazing what a mess was left after the party. Brave made my way to the kitchen sink and grabbed the pale of water that had gathered from the dripping faucet. He reach for a rag that was at the end of the counter, but a idea came into the back of his mind. He now stared at the piece of cloth, he focused all of his thoughts into the tip of his horn, the cloth did not budge. Move... Brave mumbled to himself, he was now staring daggers at the poor, innocent cloth. Arise, shift, teleport, dance... do something! The cloth however remained still. Giving a defeated sigh he grabbed the rag and got to work, the old-fashioned way.

- - -

The sun peeked into the library; the floors were mopped to a fine shine. The piles of books they laid across the floor were put into their proper place, while he was putting away the books however, Brave spotted one of Spike’s comic books crammed in between two dusty old tomes on the highest shelf. Curiosity getting the better of him, he opened the comic to see what type of comic he was reading. Low and behold the inkling he had in the back of his mind was true, why Spike wanted to get home so badly. The comic book had been gutted out and replaced with a Playcolt magazine.

Brave opened it up to a livid photo of a unicorn pony who had white coat with a black mane, her eyes were deep green, she was laying down spread eagle. There was a red ribbon tied around her body, obvious wet marking around her marehood were dripping from her onto the bed. Her hair tossed to the side, like she had just finished the worlds best orgasm. The best part was frosting written on her body that said ‘Happy Birthday’. After taking in the photo in his mind for several moments, he closed the book and put it back in it hiding place. For a dragon Brave thought to himself. He had great taste in ponies.

Wait... why did I think that?

A few hours past as Brave finished cleaning the rest of the library, he walked out to the deck and took in the morning sunshine. The view was magnificent, the sky was painted with a spectrum of reds, yellows, and blues. Celestia herself must have been working overtime to make today.

“Are you there Brave?” Brave heard Twilight call from the next room.

“Yes, coming.” Brave made his way back into the library.

“Did you do all of this last night?” She motioned to the entirety of the library.

“I had time, so I decided to pick up a little.” Brave looked away trying my hardest to be humble. Damn straight i did it.

“Thank you so much this is really sweet, as a thank you, let me take you out to breakfast, my treat.”

“That sounds divine.” Brave said with a smirk on his face

She laughed, “I know your cover is to be a prince but you can talk normally around me.”

“Kay.” Brave said a smirk still plastered on his face. I am glad she wanted to go out, I really didn’t want grass. he thought. Maybe ponies eat meat, this is a magical cartoon land after all.

She walked over to the small closet where she kept her saddle bag, she caught his eye as she bent over to retrieve her bag, her plot basically hung in the air as she tried to wrench out the bag that had gotten stuck on something. She wiggled and pulled at her saddled bag, making grunting noises as she tried to work it free. All the while, shaking her plot in front of him, as it swayed back and forth, Brave's eyes following it like a cat ready to pounce on a yarn ball. Does she even know what she is showing off? Brave just watched, this was almost as good as the magazine he just found.

There was a small snap, and Brave barely had enough time to look away, pretending to take a heavy interest in the potted plant next to the door. After she put on her saddle bag, they left the library.

“Brave what do you want to do today.” Twilight she said with a wisp in her voice and from what Brave could see, she had a small bounce in her step.

“Actually there was something, one that I would like to do in private though.” He glanced at her, and the look on her face was priceless, her face bright red shining through her coat.

“Hey none of that now!” she said.

He tried his best to not laugh, he didn't realize what he said until after, but Brave did what any guy would do in this situation, he played the dumb card.

“What are you talking about? I was hoping you would teach me a little magic.” Which he really did want to learn, he wanted to have abilities he could actually control.

“Oh... that.” she said as if she was disappointed, but it faded so fast Brave never caught it, she was smiling from ear to ear. “I would love to teach you, I have many books that you can read, and we can practice behind the library if you want to.” Thats when he lost her, she went into a tangent of magical properties, while quoting references from ponies that he have never heard of, but she was positively glowing as she spoke about magic.

“Let’s eat here.” she cut off randomly mid-sentence. Taking in a second to realize that he spent the last five minutes just looking at her and absorbing next to none of what she said.

The place she wanted to eat at was a small sit down restaurant, with an open canopy theme. They took their seats and almost as immediate as the two sat down, a cute mare with a black coat and blue mane and tray for a cutie mark came bustling over to the table.

“What can I get for the young couple.” She nudged Twilight's shoulder and gave her a empathic wink, Twilight blushed and shifted in her seat a little before telling her that Brave was just a friend.

“I would like the Daffodil Special with some water.” she said after she took a minute to examine the menu.

Dammit there is no meat... CRAP. “I will take a cherry salad with water.” and before Brave could say that was all, she was already gone. Brave sat there enjoying the view of Twilight in front of him, although he tried not to stare. Brave notice something though, that he did not see before. She was wearing a hairpin, it was silver with a coil inline pin at the end was pegasus with its wings flared out.

“That is a beautiful pin.” she looked down at the table to give him a better look.

“Thank you, it’s my mother’s.” She bounced her mane back. The waitress came back with the orders. The pair, being slightly taken back by the speed of which she attended to them.

“Tell me a little bit about your mother.” Brave asked her, in hindsight he should have rephrased the question, but she told him about her mother, giving away more details about her than Brave would care to recall. Time past and she sat there still talking about her mother. How she met her dad. They ate while she talked, he sat there taking in every bit of information she gave him, trying his best to care. Although a simple “She is nice.” would have been enough.

Oh thank god the bill is here. Wait should I say Celestia now... meh Il play it by ear. Brave thought, never in his life had he been so happy to see such a paper.

“Here you two go, and thank you for your patronage.” she said as she gave Twilight a small wink, and trotted off to help the table at the far side of the restaurant.

Twilight took a small purple pouch out of her bag; as she looked into the pouch and gave an almost inaudible “eep…”

“What’s wrong?” Brave said.

She didn’t say anything however, she poured the entire bag onto the check and stood and walked away with one fluid motion. Brave could see sweat drip for her brow. She trotted fast down the street, following alongside of her, she had a freighted face. They walked in silence all the way back to the library. Once the pair made it inside, only then did Brave speak.

“What was the rush, we were having a great time.” Brave said with caring tone, trying to hide all concern he in his voice.

She mumbled something inaudible, and looked away.

“C’mon you can tell me.” He gave her a comedic smile, she didn’t find it funny.

“I just...”she looked at him with near tears in her eyes. “I barely had enough to leave a tip.”

For the love of Celestia of all thehmm feels weird saying Celestia. Brave thought, but then it hit him that she, didn’t have enough to even pay for the apples yesterday.

“Are you having money troubles?” He said with more seriousness in his voice than he intended.

“Yes,” she said flatly. “My job here is to run the library, but the income from it is barely enough to keep the place afloat, that along with the small month allowance Princess Celestia sends me, is barely enough to cover food.”

There was a long silence, he looked at her and she the floor. There is only one thing to do then. She gave him a questioning looked, which he was happy to see, since she stopped looking so sad. Brave walked over to the table and picked up the ‘Equestria Daily Newspaper’, one of the newspapers he found when he was cleaning that morning. He sat on his haunches and began tearing through the 'Help Wanted' section. Twilight looked over his shoulder, her face her face went stern.

“No no no no no, you can’t do that you’re my guest and—“ Brave put his hoof over her mouth and cut her off.

“I am doing this, there is no way I can consider myself a gentlecolt if I have my friend pay for everything for me.“ She smiled at him when he said the word 'friend'. That and if could look at myself in the mirror if i stayed here rent free and didn't do a damn thing. I am not a bum.

“Alright.” she said and sat next to him looking over the paper.

Time to man up err stallion up. Got to get used to that. Brave thought to himself, memories of him working as a cook at Burger Queen entered his mind. Brave's left eye gave a small erupted twitch at the thought. I will do anything but fast food. After reading through most of the articles, Brave found out something about myself, he have no dam skills whatsoever. Then he spotted it, at the bottom of the page, the miracle job that solve most of their problems. Apple Bucking Season, Strong Stallions Needed, Sweet Apple Acres, Apply in Person.

“I got it, and I meet all the skills required.” He showed her the article; she then gave him a besmirched look.

“So the only skill you got is being strong?” Twilight said.

Brave puffed out his chest, and looked as manly as possible, giving a striking pose. “Yes!” Twilight almost fell over laughing, whether it was from his stupid pose, or of his honesty about himself, it was a good laugh.

“There is no time like the present let’s being off.” He added a tinged of seriousness to my voice.

“Wait… now? Like right now?”

“Yes.” Brave said flatly, walking out the library and into the street, as he made his way down the road, completely absorbed in his ‘way to serious’ mode.

“Wait Brave, stop.” I heard Twilight calling.

“I am doing this, Twilight! You can't stop me!” Brave shouted back.

“You’re going the wrong way, Sweet Apple Acres is this way.” Brave took an swift 180° turn still in full serious mode.

“Oh.” Brave said, he walked alongside her down a dirt road that led out of Ponyville. It was about midday and the sun was high in the sky, all thanks to Princess Celestia. Brave could tell that she was still uncomfortable with him getting a job. What else a colt to do in this situation? He thought. Some other ideas came into his mind, but this seem to be the best one by far. One even involving a magic show and two dancing bears.

- - -

They came up to the archway made of wood; it had the Apple Family logo on the top of the archway. The wood was white oak with grass growing tall near the posts on the fence. On either side of the fence were fields and fields of apple trees. Brave followed Twilight in toe all the way to the Apple Family main house. Rustic would be the best word to describe this place, the house though did seem homily at least from the outside.

“Evening Sugarcube.” An orange mare came out from the shed near the left side of the house. “What brings you to these neck of the woods, not pleased as a peach to see ya'.”

“I saw your ad in the paper, I was wondering if it was still available.” Brave said.

Applejack chuckled, “Well I see my ad caught some ponies attention at least, but what would drive a prince to do a work horses job? Don’t you have a mountain of bits to your name?”

“I want to earn my keep.” Giving her the simplest, most honest answer. She stared Brave down but he stood there unwavering.

“Fine Brave, but I don’t make the final call. Go to the east field and talk to my brother Big Mac, He will give you a little strength test, if you pass I would love to have you working here.”

“Well alright then.” Brave gave her a small nod and headed toward the eastern field.

“Twilight let’s get something to drink and catch up, Brave will be fine alone.” Twilight agreed and they went inside, Twilight gave Brave a long look before she finally let the door shut.

- - -

Brave made his way down the apple filled path, after about several minutes of walking he finally spotted a stallion with a red coat, the one and only Big Mac. He struck a tree hard with his hind legs; Brave was quite amazed at the amount of apples that fell from the tree.

“You must be Big Macintosh.” Brave spoke loud enough to get his attention; seeing he was being watch must have threw off his balance, he missed the tree completely sending himself flying backwards to land on his undercarriage.

“Eeyup.” He said, Brave waited for him to ask the obvious question of “Who are you?” but after getting up he simply walked to the next tree.

REALLY?

“Big Mac!” Brave yelled, he turned back once again. “Applejack sent me; you’re supposed to test my strength.”

He stopped and gave Brave hard look, and point to the tree next to him. “Kick.” he simply said, Big Mac obvious a colt of very few words.

Brave walked over and struck the tree with his hind leg with a forceful kick, as a reward, a single apple flew to the ground in the bucket below. “How was that?”, He noticed an irritated glean in Big Macs eyes,

“No like this.” as he kicked the next tree, oddly though a single apple fell from his kick.

“I see.” Not calling attention to the obvious. “So like this?” Brave kicked the next tree with more force than the one before, by some stroke of luck, he struck the sweet spot, and the rain down apples.

Big Mac's face was turning red, as his eyes flared, “No like this.” he bucked the tree with full force and all the apples few to the bottom.

Brave didn't know why, but he didn't want to be out shadowed by the farm pony. He bucked the next tree and it prized him with all the apples on the tree, he turn to Big Mac and gave him smug smile. Back and forth, tree after tree for almost near twenty minutes. Brave's body was drenched in sweat, as well as Big Mac, an apple landed on Brave face and smashed opened, covering his face and coat in sticky white sauce. For the first time, Big Mac laughed, Brave didn’t think it was so funny. Brave lost his temper, a familiar pinch in his chest sent a shock throughout his body as he bucked the next tree.

A loud thundering crack filled the orchard that could be heard for miles around.

“Watch out!”

:30 Minutes before drinking sweet tea in the house:

“Now Twilight what’s wrong with that colt friend of yours, I know I put the ad up an’ all, but I never thought any pony would actually apply, Let alone Brave.”

“He is not my colt friend.” Twilight said with her face turning slightly red. “He is staying at my place under Celestia’s orders.”

“Well you seem pretty attached to em’.” Applejack said as she sipped on her sweet tea. “Although.” She looked out the window toward the orchard. “For a prince he looked to be about as well built as my brother.“ Twilight gave her a questioning look. “Hey don't look at me like your Miss Innocent, you were staring at his flank as much as I was.” Applejack, said with a defensive tone in her voice, and a small smirk on her face.

“Well I...” Twilight mumbled something under her breath.

“What is it sugarcube?" Twilight glance back.

“It’s complicated, I can’t say why.”

“Ahh, Twilight.” Applejack walked over and gave her friend a hug. “Don’t worry about the small things too much Twilight, sometimes you just need to do what feels right.” The two sat there held in a friendly embrace, “I still can’t believe the body on him though, how could you sleep knowing that was under your roof?"

Twilight laughed, “He is new, I don’t think he is even interested in any pony.”

They both gave a mottled “sigh”, at this moment a thunderous crack sound came from the east orchard. They both looked at each other.

“Let’s go.” Twilight's horn glowed and she teleported her and Applejack to the eastern orchard.

- - -

Twilight and Applejack popped up next to a fallen apple tree, the trunk had been completely shattered with wood every which way, even bits of shards of wood were embedded in the apples on the nearby trees. Then they heard loud grunting noises, “You’re lucky I came just in time, that was a tight fit.” she recognized it as Macintosh voice as she looked across the broken tree and she saw them.

Big Macintosh was on top of Brave in a tight embrace, sweat covered their bodies as there lean masculine bodies shined in the sun. “What are you to doing?” She screamed at the two stallions as they frantically tried to get up.

Brave was the first to speak “I just finished the job interview.” Twilight noticed Braves face was covered in a white sticky substance. Big Mac was breathing hard and his body completely spent from physical exertion.

“What...did...you!” Twilight felt drowsy unable to comprehend what she was seeing and quite literally passed out from shock.

:Entrance of the Ponyville:

A pretty young mare, only just old enough to be considered a mare instead of a filly, came bounding up the street with a hop in her step.

Screwball hummed to herself as he made her way across Ponyville.

~Do do do do~

~Oh big brother of mine, today we will shine~

~Only time would tell the day you fell~

~Finally we can be a family of three~

~All thanks to are special daddy~

She looked at the map that seemed to be nothing but scribbles. She stopped in front of the library with a smile on her face she opened the door to the library “Big Brother I am HERE!” but found with nothing but silence.

BIG BROTHER!” she screamed up the stairs.

“Who is there?” said Spike as he made his way off the balcony, irritated that he was woken up from his afternoon nap.

“You’re not my brother.” she looked hard at Spike, as she examined him for traces of chaos. “No you’re definitely not my brother.”

Spike however, was nearly entranced by her; the childlike mare in front of him had the most beautiful eyes he had seen since Rarity. Her pink and purple irises spiraled in on themselves.

“Pretty...” Spike said as he stared at her.

”Thank you.” she gave him a playful wink.

Spike nearly melted “My name is Spike.” he said, a silly childlike smirk started to grow on his face.

"I'm Screwball.” She walked closer to Spike. “Have you seen my brother?”

“What’s his name?”

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know your own brother’s name?” Spike looked confused.

“Nope.” Screwball said it like it was normal.

“Well what does he look like?”

“I have no idea.”

“Ahhh I see, so… how do you know he is your brother.”

“Daddy said so.”

“Who is your dad?”

“I can’t say silly, daddy said I can’t talk about him.” Screwball crossed her hooves and gave a access denied sign.“I got to go and find my brother, so I will see you around.” She turned and bounced out the door.

“Wait…” Spike near yelled.

“Hmmm?” She turned back.

“Can I... see you again, maybe?” Spike nearly froze as the words left his mouth. Did I just say that?

“After I find my brother, I will stop back.“ She gave him another playful wink. “Bye cutie.”

Spike couldn’t move, all he could do was watch her leave the library.

:The road outside Ponyville:

The sun drifted into the evening sky, the sky was flared with purple and red. “Quite a sight to behold” Brave said to myself. Twilight was passed out on Brave's back, he could feel her steady breathing on his neck, accompanied by a slight amount of drool; it was calming and also oddly arousing. The hardest part of the day was trying to get Applejack to stop laughing from the previous encounter. At least when she got up Brave had good news to tell her.

He got the job.