• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 311 Views, 6 Comments

The Clash Of Ghosts And Harmony - EonSpirit



Growing up isn't easy. Especially when your special talent is being able to see and communicate with ghosts. Now join Eon Spirit on his adventures of helping everypony in Ponyville with their hauntings!

  • ...
 6
 311

New Friends and Arrivals

~~A year earlier~~

'So this is Ponyville? Quaint.' Thought Eon Spirit as he exited the train. 'Although, after living in Canterlot for five years, it will take some time to get used to.' He eyed his surroundings slowly, trying to pinpoint exactly what he was supposed to do before his thoughts were interrupted.

"Hello! You must be Eon Spirit!" A kind voice echoed through his ears. He looked to his right to see a sweet looking mare trotting up to him, Her eccentric lavender coat was accented by the three darker shades of purple that her mane wore.

"Oh, hello. Um... who are you?" Eon asked, wondering who this mare was, "And how do you know my name?"

"Oh sorry, my name's Twilight Sparkle, and you're gonna be living with me for awhile. By the Princess's request, of course." She replied, shifting her left forehoof behind the right.

"Wait a minute... You're Celestia's personal student!" Eon declared loudly, attracting a few curious glares from passing ponies, "Celestia talks about you a lot."

"Well, that's nice and-Wait... how do you know she talks about me?"

Eon gave her a confused look, the first of many, "Didn't she tell you about me?"

"The only thing she informed me about was that you needed a lesson on the importance of friendship."

'So that's why Luna sent me here. I should have known this wasn't a vacation.' Eon thought before shaking his head and replying, "Well, first of all, I'm Luna's prized student."

"Luna's student? Well we already have something in common: we are both students of a princess! Tell me, what is your special talent?" She inquired. She seemed genuinely interested which made En feel a little happier.

"Well I excel in Spiritual and Time magic. But, in all honesty, I'm not that skilled in other forms of magic." He paused, thinking if he should tell her of his natural power. "My special talent is... communicating with the dead..."

"Dead? But ghosts don't exist."

"In the physical world, no. But in a different reality, yes. Sometimes, if a pony dies suddenly and unexpectedly, their souls can be left behind, although they have no presence on the physical plane." Eon explained. "And my innate power with occult magic is what got Luna interested in me."

"Occult magic? I don't think I've learned many spells in that category."

"Luna says that Celestia teaches cosmic magic, not occult. So I don't think you would." Eon ran a hoof through his mane, "And usually, Occult magic has horrible powers that could be used for evil, if in the wrong hands."

"Anyway, why don't we get you accustomed to the town. Shall we?" She gestured toward the town.

"We shall."

~~~~

"Ah here we go, our first stop." She paused as she motioned toward a gated fence which seemed to lead to a farm. "This is Sweet Apple Acres. My friend Applejack lives here and runs the farm with her brother Big Mac."

"Oh, I love apples, though there aren't many in Canterlot." Eon sighed. 'When I go back, I WILL learn that transfiguration spell.'

"Well howdy thar' Twilight."

Eon shifted his gaze from the orchard to see a golden mare with a blond mane and a cowboy hat. The mare looked from Twilight to the stallion and gave a small curtsy.

"Well, 'ah never seen you 'round here before." She looked back to Twilight, "You finally found yerself a coltfriend?"

"What? No!" Twilight squeaked as a cherry shade swept across her checks, "He's a student from Celestia's school."

"Is that so?" Applejack looked back to Eon, who was just staring into space. She waved a hoof in front of him to try and coax him out of his trance, "Hellooo?"

He jolted back to reality, "Sorry, I kinda weirded out when you implied we were together."

Twilight glared at the colt, "Is there something wrong with me?"

"What? I didn't say that."

"Then why's it weird?" Applejack interjected.

He rubbed the back of his neck, thinking if he should tell him his secret. It took him a couple months just to tell Luna and she was accepting. "I'm not... into mares. I'm a...."

"Oh, you're a coltcuddler. that explains you acting feminine." Twilight smirked. "And you being one will be great for research."

"Research?"

"So Twi, what can I getcha?" The farmpony interrupted, ignoring his question, "You need apples?"

"Huh? oh no, I was just showing Eon around and introducing him." Twilight answered before leaning close to whisper, "Celestia says he's a little socially awkward."

"Awh shucks, don't worry! I'll be yer friend!"

"What did you tell her?" The stallion grimaced as he looked between the two mares, "And what was that about research?"

"I just told her what Celestia told me."

"And that was?"

Twilight giggled, "She said you were socially awkward and didn't have many friends." She paused and winked, "Don't worry, I was just like you."

Eon blushed, "What? I'm not... socially... awkward..." He squealed, not looking either of them in the eye as they smirked at his embarrassment. "Shut up." He was about to continue before his eyes darted to another pony. A stallion with a scarlet coat and a sweaty blond mane. "Who's that?" He asked, mesmerized by the rather large earth pony.

"Oh that's Big Macintosh. Why don't you go start up a chat while me and Applejack talk." Twilight said as she turned to face Eon, who was already standing next to the stallion, at least 30 feet away. "That... is almost Pinkie level speed..."

"So sugarcube, what can 'ah do ya for?" the Apple mare asked, tilting her stetson hat.

Twilight's horn glowed as a scroll appeared in front of her and slowly unraveled itself to Applejack. She started to skim the calligraphy that graced the parchment, reveling the the Princess's handwriting:

Dear Twilight Sparkle

I request that you show a rather talented stallion around Ponyville. His name is Eon Spirit. He has a tendency to be socially awkward and shy, so he doesn't have any friends. To my knowledge, Me and Luna are the only ponies he talks to.

I would like you and your friends to show him the true magic of friendship. I also request that you provide a place to stay and, if you can, a job.

Your Friend and Mentor

Princess Celestia

"So, she wants us to be his friends? That 'ain't no problem!" Applejack laughed, looking over at the two stallions, who seemed to chatter away. Well, Eon did. "What do ya think thar talkin' about?"

Over in the orchard sat Eon as he intently watched Big Mac, who seemed to easily buck apples with no problem at all, "Wow, you are strong."

"Eeyup."

"You don't talk much, do you?"

"Nope."

Eon was quiet for a second before speaking up, which seemed to break the awkward silence, "That's kinda hot."

Big Mac craned his neck and looked at the purple stallion, whose face had a beaming grin plastered upon it. Big Mac couldn't help but smile back before sitting down and taking a break, "You're an odd one, aren't ya?"

Eon giggled as the thought of his flirts working entered his mind, "Eeyup!" He mocked.

The unicorn scooted closer before beginning again, "So, how did you grow so strong?"

"Working the plow and bucking does a lot to help in muscle..." Big Mac started, eyeing Eon's slim body, "...Which you need a lot of help in."

"Well, maybe sometime you could help me?" Big Mac smiled again. The unicorn started to paw at the ground as a blush grew on his face, "So is Applejack your sister?"

"Eeyup. And I have another, Applebloom, who's the sweetest little filly. Our granny also lives with us."

"So do you... y'know... have a special somepony?"

The big apple looked down and saw the cherry blush that graced Eon's cheeks, "Nope."

By this time, Twilight was right behind the tree and had been eavesdropping for the past five minutes, before she finally spoke up, "Okay, time to go!"

"Oh Celestia!" Eon was so surprised he had grasped onto Big Mac, who didn't seem uncomfortable, "Twilight! Don't scare me like that!"

"Its time to go."

"Fine. Can I come back tomorrow, Big Mac?"

"Sure." He muttered before getting up and dragging the barrel of apples away.

"Twilight."

"Yes?"

"You did that on purpose."

~~~~~~

"Here we are. Sugarcube Corner."

"This looks like a life size gingerbread house, Twilight."

Twilight cocked her head, "It kinda does."

"So, which of your friends lives here?" Eon asked, starting to think there is a witch that eats children in the building before him.

"Oh, you'll get along. greatly. She makes it her obligation to befriend everypony in Ponyville." Twilight paused as a fluffy pink mare bounced down the street, toward them. "That's her now."

She bounced happily, having no care in the world. well, until she got to the unicorns. "Oh my, Wow! Are you new here?"

"Yeah, I just moved from Canterlot- where'd she go?" Eon answered when he realized she had literally disappeared the second he closed his eyes.

"She probably went to set up a party."