• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 311 Views, 6 Comments

The Clash Of Ghosts And Harmony - EonSpirit



Growing up isn't easy. Especially when your special talent is being able to see and communicate with ghosts. Now join Eon Spirit on his adventures of helping everypony in Ponyville with their hauntings!

  • ...
 6
 311

Spirits and Sparkles

~One year earlier~

On the castle's balcony, the two princesses watched as Luna's prized student boarded the train to Ponyville, on his way to learn the magic of friendship. Luna felt doubtful on agreeing with Celestia's decision to let Eon live with Twilight for awhile, and was about to fly down to the train station and stop him, but was halted by a reassuring hoof on her shoulder.

"Do not worry, dear sister. Young Eon will be fine and will gain many friends." Many of Luna's worries were erased as she looked at her sister's beaming smile, "I've already asked that Twilight be there to greet him from the train."

"I know but, will he fit in? He isn't the most normal pony, you know..."

"Neither was Twilight but, look at her now; Five wonderful friends and soon to be six, a great assistant, and even lives and works in a Library."

Luna nodded before turning to look back at the train station. The train was already off, set for a small town at the base of the mountain. "I want you to report at least once a week or any time you need something. Never will there be a need to hesitate." The lunar mare thought.

"Don't worry, Princess, I will." Eon thought back.

She smirked. Luna was glad she taught him telepathy.

~Present day~

Eon was running. He knew where he was headed, too. He needed to find Twilight, who was currently at the Carousel Boutique, helping Rarity.

"Luna? Please answer!"

He kept using the telepathy spell over and over but, there was no response. he tried one last time as the boutique came into view. "Please, Princess!"

~~~

"Spike, sweetie, could you bring me that ribbon?" The fabulous mare requested, which the small dragon happily obliged and trotted over to the ribbon. Twilight had just finished organizing her fabrics and gems, seeing as she almost had a heart attack at how disorganized everything was. "Thank you, dear. You have no idea how long I've needed the Boutique organized."

Twilight nodded, "Sure thing. Even if you hadn't asked me to do it, I would've anyway."

Rarity nodded as the door to the Boutique blew open in a flash. Standing in the doorway was Eon Spirit, tired and exhausted. "Twilight! We need to get to Canterlot, now!"

"Why? What happened?"

He tilted his head in confusion, "You haven't heard?Luna is missing!"

Eon pulled out a flyer and held it out for them, "WHAT?!?!" The mares gasped. Twilight floated the small flyer to her face and skimmed over it. Luna is missing! She thought before galloping toward the door. "Sorry Rarity, could you tell Spike that I'll be gone for awhile?"

"Sure thing, dear."

Eon and Twilight lifted their horns and crossed them, generating enough magic for a long distance teleportation. Twilight was glad there was another unicorn who was skilled in teleportation magic.

A bright flashed filled the room and faded as fast as it appeared, with the two unicorns gone. Rarity went back to work as Spike waddled into the room, holding a ribbon. "Where did Twilight go?"

"Her and Eon had a situation to attend to. Now gimme the ribbon, sweetie."

~~~~~~

In a flurry of pink and magenta light, the two unicorns faded into a beautiful garden. Roses and violets lined the gorgeous white walls and the sun's beautiful rays ignited the life around them.

"Ah Canterlot... its been awhile," Eon gulped, looking up to the grand castle towering above, "Hey, Twilight, how long has it been since you've been here?"

Twilight scratched her chin with her hoof, digging into her memories, "I think it was a month before you moved to Ponyville. I was helping with the Gala preparations." She furled her brow before continuing, "Now that I thank about it, where were you or Luna during the "Disaster Gala" as many called it?"

He giggled, "You mean the one that you and your friends destroyed?" He turned to see Twilight glaring at him, "Well, we were in the Royal Movie Room. We watched a bunch of movies like: Silent Ponyville, a horror film about a pink mare's trek through an abandoned town; and The God Squad, which was a comedy dedicated to the princesses and their many adventures."

By this time, they were already almost to the throne room, passing many guards and nobles. Twilight grinned at how sweet their relationship sounded, "It sounds like you two were close."

Eon smiled as a tear slid down his cheek, "Yeah well, I spent two and a half years with her... I saw her as a mother, considering I didn't see Soul as much as I used to." He stopped and wiped his cheek. As twilight looked, she could see the concern in his voice, "But I know that I'm just a student to her, nothing more."

"Don't say that! You two seem closer than me and Celestia, and she sees me as a great friend, not just her student!" She demanded, shaking Eon and making him snap out of his sadness.

"I'm sorry... lets go!" Eon shook his head as he opened the throne room door. Celestia sat on her throne but, she was different. Her normally long flowing mane, now rested upon her shoulder; Her usually regal and elegant pose was gone as she sat, slumped over her writing podium. The second she noticed the unicorns, she quickly wadded the paper and through it out.

"Celestia, whats happened?" Twilight asked, running up to the princess.

"Oh, Twilight... Eon... I was just... about to write..." The depressed princess slowly whimpered. "Luna has been gone for two... days..."

'Two days? She's been gone since Tuesday?' Twilight thought. 'The same day that Blue Rose moved to Ponyville...'

"Wait... Didn't she teach you teach you telepathy, Eon?" Celestia nearly shouted at the stallion in hopes of finding out where her sister is. But was disappointed.

"I'm sorry, Princess. I already tried that."

Twilight looked between the two ponies, confused, "Telepathy? You never taught me that."

"No, I didn't. To tell you the truth, even I'm not good with it. Seeing as how she was Eon's teacher for nearly three years and to not teach your student your favorite spell would be unwise." Celestia spoke. It seemed that conversing was giving her life as the tip of her mane was flowing again.

The purple mare looked over to Eon, who was rubbing the back of his neck, "If you could just talk to her whenever you wanted, why did you send friendship reports?"

"Because we wanted it to be more formal and...-

-And I wanted to look over his progress as well." Celestia interrupted.

"Celestia, do you think that Luna's disappearance has anything to do with the recent uprising of ghosts in Equestria?" Asked Eon who had solved at least four hauntings in the past two weeks.

"Possibly... All though I don't know where we can even begin to search for clues. Although-

"Princess! We have news from the west!" a large guard-pony informed as he trotted up to the throne. He pulled a scroll from his saddlebag and floated it to Celestia, who quickly read through it.

"Scratch that. I do have a location."

"Yes princess?"

"Gather your friends, Twilight. I'm sending you to a recently uncovered settlement."

Twilight thought of any place she could but, couldn't think of one, "What is this town and What happened that needs investigating?"

"A mysterious pony the size of an alicorn was spotted near there. This town vanished without a trace four years ago."

Eon gulped before retreating to thought, 'Wait a minute... oh no...'

"I'm sending you seven to Colt Hill."