• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,088 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: Memories are Magic - MaronaPossessed



A stallion from Canterlot makes his way to Ponyville, looking for a job. What he doesn't realize is that love could be around the corner for him!

  • ...
2
 3
 1,088

A Sugarcube Around The Corner Part 1

A Sugarcube Around the Corner Part 1

The scenario for Memoire Lane will take place with Pinkie Pie. Just what hijinks will ensue for our stallion with a hyperactive and happy pony?

Hmm...Well I do feel hungry at the moment, after that long trip of course...and the building is really close. Maybe I can get a job and a free meal to go along with it! Great thinking Memoire! They probably wouldn't like the idea of me eating their house, however, so there goes that feast. I started making my way towards the delicious building. Say...is that a boinging sound I-

"OOF!" I was knocked down and I heard another pony say the same. Everything started...feeling...swirly...is that bubblegum?

"Oooh I'm SO SO sorry about that are you- Oooh! A new friend to make! I never seen you around here before!" Said the pink pony as she got up. I got up as well, shaking my head. Before I could apologize, she just interrupted with another sentence. I looked at her...and for a pony here so far in Ponyville, she sure stands out with that curly bubblegum hair and her girly pink fur.

Getting back to the topic, I responded (without even apologizing. Hope she forgets that!). "Err...yes. I'm new here in Ponyville and-"

"I kneeew it!" She jumped and bounced around me. "Hah I got it right! I always do because I know everypony here in Ponyville and even everydonkey and everycow! Well, everygriffon if you count that one time that snobby griffon visited Ponyville."

With all her talking, I hadn't completed a single sentence already. I sighed and continued talking with her. "Yes, I'm new. I was just on my way to that building over there and-" As I pointed my hoof, she interrupted AGAIN. "Oh that's Sugarcube Corner! A lot of delicious treats and goodies in there! Come on! I'll bring you there!" She hopped away...which was weird for a pony to do...in fact the only pony I've seen doing that! And has any other pony thought of her being rude for interrupting repeatably like that? Even when I didn't need an escort, since the building was right there, I followed her.

While following her, I took a look at the building. The roof looked like it was covered with a cookie sheet with whipped cream around it. It was also bordering the stairs. On top of the house was a cupcake with candles on top. The pillars by the door looked like candy canes. Did anypony ever think of making a cake or gingerbread house with that design? It would definitely work!

As I looked away from her, focusing on my surroundings and the small stands, I lost sight of her. I suppose she went inside. Before I took my first step on the stairs, my curiosity has peaked me. I walked on the side of the stairs and looked at the building. The whipped cream area looked almost real...I decided to touch it with my left hoof.

"You were gonna eat that house if it were edible, we're you, huh?" she giggled as she popped up from a bush of pink flowers, startling me. "Err...to be honest, it did look real-" Pinkie Pie then interrupted. "Hah! I knew it! You were gonna eat it if were real! I saw it in your eyes!" she bounced around and ended up going inside the building. Finally!

As we walked in, a bell jingled. "Oh a customer!" another voice I heard. "Welcome to Sugarcube Corner! May I help you?" a much older pony stood at the counter with the register. She had a beautiful blue sky fur and a pink-blended mane like bubblegum...like mother like daughter I suppose?

What caught me by surprise was the inside of the bakery...the inside looks just as delicious as the outside! There were pillars and corners of wood bordering some areas of the room and...a delicious toffee-looking wood laced with a butterscotch color. The pillars had twists in the middle, red and white intertwining, looking like a candy cane! On the ceiling, there was a bubblegum-like borders on the top with holes. Noticing some shelves open to public, there were jams, preserves, biscotti, scones, candy, chocolate, and even icing and cake mix! If someone said 'Help yourself' to this place and if it were edible, don't mind if I do!

"Oh! Hello there, Pinkie Pie. Had fun with Plumsweet?"

"I sure did! She even gave me a party-theme suggestion I should try out next time! Ooh and a new punch recipe too! Rainbow Punching Pineapple!" the other pony said-...her name is Pinkie Pie? I figured it had to be something with 'Pink' in her name.

The adult pony looked at me with a smile. "Is this a new friend of yours, Pinkie Pie?" Friends? Hold on, ma'am, we're actually strangers to each other! Though Pinkie Pie is feeling more of a stalker so far...

"Uh-huh! I bumped into him without even looking and we both went "OOF!" and I fell with a thump on my bump and I was all "SO SO Sorry!" and he was all "I was on my way to that delicious house!" and I was like "Let's go! I'll take you there!" Pinkie Pie bragged and bragged...now I feel like I'm being stalked.

Pinkie Pie continued, excited as always for the past minutes. "Mrs. Cake, I want you to meet my new friend-...." An awkward pause came. Wait...Mrs. Cake? Is this how civilians refer to their parents? Great...it's Canterlot all over again. "Hey! You never told me your name! Oh my-haha! How silly of me! Let's start over-" PLEASE! A voice cried inside of me. "-I'm Pinkie Pie! Everypony's friend in Ponyville! What's yours?"

It looked like she wasn't going to interrupt me again, so maybe I can finally say a whole sentence this time. "My name is Memoire. Memoire Lane." Pinkie Pie looked at me with a smile, but as if she was going to laugh. "Memoire...Lane? Hahaha! That's a girly name!" I took that as an insult. "I beg your pardon?!" Pinkie Pie bounced. "Yeah! Where are you from? You're not from out of Equestria or anything are you? Are you?" She asked with a nosy voice. "Well...I'm from Canterlot-"

"Canterlot? Oh my, you must have had a long trip! Here, come into the kitchen. I'll make you a nice meal." Mrs. Cake interrupted me and headed into an area which looked like a kitchen. Actually, at least it was a friendly interruption this time. At least this time, a meal for me! Hooray! I must say, other than Pinkie, her hospitality is so far so good! Although rude of me, I quickly followed Mrs. Cake into the kitchen.

For the kitchen, it was pretty simple with a few improvements here and there. A long table, sink, some stove tops and a couple of ovens. I decided to take a seat. Hopefully, the two won't mind. Then again, so far the hospitality has been great. The hospitality from Pinkie Pie? Err...maybe too much.

"Here you are! I figured I would whip up something filling and simple for you."

"I thought this was a bakery..." I said as Mrs. Cake placed a sandwich with grass, tomato, and lettuce on a plate, as well as a helping of hay. Pinkie Pie appeared by me from the side of the table. "Of course! But we do more than cupcakes,-muffins,-pies,-strusels,-cobblers,-baked-dralaskin-,upside-down-anything, aaannnnd..." She paused and threw some candy by my sandwich. "Even make our own rock candy!" Even hiding from sight from the table? Everywhere I go, she tends to pop up right by me or follows me closely...hello, personal space?!

"Yes," Mrs. Cake laughed because of Pinkie Pie. "We do sometimes make other foods, but we're mostly famous for our sweets, If I do say so myself!" She said proudly with a hoof on her chest. "I have a couple of bits, how much will this-"

"Oh, no need dearie. It's on the house. Think of it as a "Welcome to Ponyville" meal." She approached closer, facing me from the right side of the table. "So, Mr. Lane-"

"Memoire is fine, ma'am." I humbly said. "So, Memoire, what brings you to the town of Ponyville?"

I could start with my story, but it's for the best for me to keep it simple. Plus, they know I am from Canterlot, so they will get the picture. "You see, I came here to Ponyville to find a job. Since I'm here,-"

"I'm home, honeybun! Whew...let me just unhook the cart and-" BOOM! I heard a crashing noise, not to mention another pony-err...stallion as it seems, entered the building. Pinkie Pie jumped and ran to where the noise was: at the entrance. "Oh, that must be my husband, back from the grocery store. Let me go see if he needs a hoof." Mrs. Cake got up and walked to the entrance. It would be very rude of me to stay put...but would it be rude of me to follow, making them think I'm nosy? Well, the delicious meal will have to wait a bit longer, so I got up and followed the two.

"I told you we should have bought that new cart that was on sale! You know that ol' thing is going to give out!" I heard Mrs. Cake's voice.

"Nonsense, dear, it's still in good condition after ten years!" I walked in and took a look- WOAH! Is-is he a gangster or a ruffian?! Oh, man, I hope I can fight well! Okay, on count of-...wait...I examined him more. I noticed his bow tie and his bakery hat he was wearing...and his cutie mark is a couple of tiny cakes. He has a stand out yellow fur color...but...just his posture and...that face! Has anyone ever thought of him being a bad guy? Well, it looks like they know each other well...so I'm okay and-...they're okay.

"Watch, all it needs is just a little bolt here and there and just some adjustment." Assuming he is Mr. Cake, he hit the bottom wheel of the cart with his hoof.

CRACKLE-CRASH!

The cart was in pieces. Mrs. Cake looked with an icy glare. Mr. Cake gave an embarrassed smile. Pinkie Pie laughed and glanced at me. "You okay, Memo? You were about to go all karate and stuff, I think!" Pinkie commented...wait...Memo?! Giving me a nickname already? How rude! "Uh...yeah...I'm fine...and it's Memoire, by the way."

"Naaah...that's too girly. You will have the little fillies going "That's a girly name!" So I did the honor of giving you a nickname! Neat, huh? Do you like it?" Pinkie Pie said as she stood straight in-front of me. Actually...no I don't...

"Oh, a customer? I err...wasn't interrupting anything was I?" Mr. Cake laughed nervously. Mrs. Cake lifted a bucket of icing with her head and put it on the desk with the register. "Ugh." She said being worn out from lifting it. "...No dear. This is Mr. Memoire Lane. He's from Canterlot and new to Ponyville."

"Ooh, Canterlot! Well, Welcome to Sugarcube Corner and Ponyville, Mr. Memoire Lane!" Mr. Cake stated happily. "You must have had a long trip, would you like us to make you-"

"A MEAL!" Mrs. Cake jumped and realized that I hadn't eaten my simple meal yet. "Oh my you didn't have to get up! Go on, go back!" She pushed me with her hooves back into the kitchen. "I-it's alright!" But then again, I still am starving! Time to hit that meal!

...

My stomach was satisfyingly full...Wow, I could eat more, but I don't want to pester them too much. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Cake. That trip on hoof was very long. The meal hit the spot!" I said. Mr. Cake was standing straight ahead and Mrs. Cake to my right.

"You're quite welcome. So...what was it that you were here for again?" Mrs. Cake asked. Mr. Cake is now in the conversation, so back to the same basic sentence.

"You see...I came from Canterlot to find a job. I was wondering if you had any job openings in Sugarcube Corner. Well, since Pinkie Pie welcomed me in and...anyways, whatever job it is that is opened, I'm willing to take!"

Mr. and Mrs. Cake looked at each other with a serious look. Oh no...No job openings. Great-

"Mr. Lane...the thing is..." Mr. Cake started. "No one has ever come into Sugarcube Corner, requesting a job!" Mrs. Cake added. No one...ever went inside to request a job? What kind of town is this? Maybe it's family owned? Oh no...Looks like it's disappointment around the corner rather than Sugarcube Corner. "Oh no, how do these things work? I mean, do we give out tests or something? Do we write a letter?" Mrs. Cake looked worried. "We're not professionals!"

"Oh dear, don't worry! I'm pretty sure everything is simple!" Then they went into huddle mode. I hear whispering back and forth, also's and but's, even if's and...wait that's pretty much what I heard. My bad. They then looked at each other and stopped whispering.

"Well...we could always use an extra hoof in some areas." Mrs. Cake said.

"And...we were stuck with an idea to start delivering..." Mr. Cake said. They then looked at me with a huge smile, as big as Pinkie Pie's I might add!

"YOU'RE HIRED!" They both yelled excitedly. Well...that was quick and easy. But...something just jumped in my mind...the most important thing of staying in Ponyville! There's no other way unless I make a makeshift tent...I...need to find a hotel...I just hope the rates are fine...

With a small smile, I responded. "That's great. I'm excited...just...do you know where the nearest hotel is?" Mr. Cake then responded. "The last one I saw on the way here was closed for the day." I sighed. Well, looks like it's camp time. I felt rather disappointed...what kind of pony or stallion camps out while having a job? Before I spiraled down into more sadness, a voice came. "Well, we do have the nursery. I'll roll the crib into our room for the night, until you get a hotel room tomorrow." Mrs. Cake happily offered. "That's a relief. Thank you so much-"

Pinkie Pie then came into the picture. "Yay! That means we can stay up late, tell ghost stories, even snack late! I'll tell you how to-" Mrs. Cake then glared. "Pinkie! What did I tell you about eating extra sweets?!" Pinkie Pie gave an embarrassed smile. "Whoopsies. Well, there goes that secret between you and me! Hehe!" she hoofed me on the side. Wait...what secret? The only secret I see is...something with sweets...hmm...

"Hey Pinkie, do you like sweets?" I asked. At the very least escorting me to this place...and maybe acting like a stalker, I could ask some questions and get to know her...and understand her! "Sweets? I LOVE SWEETS! Not to mention throwing parties with sweets. Oh-and-the-confetti-and-the-music-and-the-dancing-and-meeting-new-people-and-saying-funny-jokes-and-telling-funny-stories-and-bobbing-for-apples-and-even-pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey!"she pauses and yells out the window. "No offense, Mr. Stablehooves!" and a voice yelled back. "None taken, Pie!" Wow...she definitely knows everypony err...donkey here.

Okay...well, there sacrifices my 'Try to get to know her' moment.

"Um...Cuppy dear? Did you remember to deliver those eclairs to Miss Rarity?" I noticed Mr. Cake was away, hence the yelling voice. We both walked out and went to where he was. He was looking below the register where there was clear, pink glass below it. It was housing a white box with a red ribbon. "Oh dear, I got caught up in things and forgot to tell Pinkie about it!"

"Rarity ordered eclairs?" Pinkie Pie looked confused. "I didn't know that!" Well, duh...Mrs. Cake forgot to tell her about it...she looked a bit nervous and frantic, pacing back and forth. "Oh...I hope she won't be mad for this late delivery. I really hate to lose a dear customer and make Pinkie's friend mad-"

"I'll deliver it-"

"I'LL DELIVER IT!" I blurted out, interrupting Pinkie Pie. They looked at me with a confused look...and I couldn't help but give an embarrassed smile. Mrs. Cake gave a wide smile. "Oh, Memoire, on the job already? Very honorable of you! Dearie, please help Memoire get situated to deliver the eclairs to Miss Rarity." Drat...well looking on the bright side of things, at least I can show them that I'm willing to take whatever jobs they give me for this place. Mr. Cake picked up the box with his mouth from below where the register was, and placed it on my back.

"W-woah..." I said silently, trying to keep my balance on the eclairs. "You got that?" Mr. Cake asked me. "Yeah...I'll be able to handle carrying this. Just a refresh of reflexes I needed!" I proudly said. "Alright dear, it's not that far from here. It's called Carousel Boutique. It really stands out from all the buildings of Ponyville. You can't miss it!" She smiled.

"Alright. I understand! I'll be right back!" I said. Before I headed outside, I noticed Pinkie Pie was rummaging in a box of things...things I couldn't see. Well...it's probably just one of her random acts she does as always. With that, I headed outside.

It's sunset. The shading from the beautiful sky really brings out the village-style buildings in this neighborhood, giving them an orange-pinkish look. Stepping away from the stairs of Sugarcube Corner, it made the building even more attractive with the sunset. Looking at all of the ponies, heading home it seems, it seemed peaceful. No loud noises, just some simple talking, pointing, and 'how was your day' here and there. This really contrasts to Canterlot, where I lived. Yes...I think my father was right about this place after all, and not only for the jobs part.

Well, I better speed up my walking a bit. Mrs. Cake said the building really stood out. I took a good look around and apparently, my destination must be straight ahead. Far away, I could see a couple of tents, flags, and a fancy-looking building as if it were a doll house! In my point of view, it really does stand out. The sun is coming down, so I decided to change my walking into a jog. I pray that the customer is happy!

I crossed the bridge that was over the creek and was almost intimidated...that building looks like something that would be from Canterlot! There's just a few things and styles around here that make it look like it actually is Canterlot! The color, the ribbons in some areas, the texture of the house...either the customer is from Canterlot or it is some huge coinceidence. I placed my hoof and banged on the door. At least the eclairs are safe and-

"Well it's about time!" I heard a voice and I gulped. Oh man...here it comes-

"Pinkie Pie why are you late? It's not normal-" the door opened to reveal a white unicorn with a beautiful velvet-like purple mane. She must be from Canterlot...I knew it. This is bad.

She looked at me awkwardly. "Hey...you're not Pinkie Pie. Who are you? If it is anything you are selling, then I'm definitely not interested, as I'm waiting for an important package for the night!"

Being intimidated...I stuttered. "Um...y-you're Miss Rarity?" She looked a bit annoyed. "Yes that is my name. At least you're a gentleman to call me 'Miss' on our first meeting." She then smiled a bit.

"Yes, I...brought you the box of eclairs you wanted." I tried to force a smile from my fear. Oh man...I hope I won't get yelled at or request for it to be free or anything. Was I too late? I thought the store was based on quality over speed!

"Oh, the eclairs for Sweetie Belle's and I tea party! You just came in the nick of time, as we finished brewing the tea!" I leaned forward, letting the box slide off my neck and off my head. "Where is Pinkie Pie though? And who are you? I have never seen someone like you here."

"Well, there was some mix up and forgetfulness...so I insisted on delivering these eclairs to you. Heh, my first job of the day. I'm Memoire. Memoire Lane. I came here and took a job in Sugarcube Corner. Is that all you need, ma'am?" I tried to be as gentle-mane-ly (Heh get it? Great...trait from being around Pinkie Pie today. I don't want to make lame jokes.)

While I was talking, she was busy looking in the box, lifting the top with her hoof. "One...two...three...four. The eclairs seem to be delicious and perfect as always. For your first delivery, I must say, you did very well Memoire! I see they decided to make the delivery service official?"

I just started working...so I tried to answered with the best of my knowledge. "Well, it was a thing being talked about...so I guess you could say it's a testing phase?" I smiled. Rarity gave a big smile. "Well, please send my regards to Pinkie, Mr., and Mrs. Cake if you please! I am really satisfied for you bringing these eclairs right on time!"

Score! I couldn't help but lift my front hooves up in the air. Realizing a lady was right there, I put them down and continued my forced smile. She gave a slight giggle. "Well, thank you again Memoire, and welcome to Ponyville!" I then responded. "Thank you, and have a nice tea party!" With that, I turned away, and the door was closed. I could hear a fading voice. "Oh Sweetie Belle! The eclairs are here!"

I looked up at the sky. The sunset was about to end and it seemed night was on its way. If I had the power, I would have requested Luna to pull the moon out a little later, but that would be selfish. With a satisfied customer, and a satisfied duty done, I made my way back to Sugarcube Corner. The lights were on and there seemed to be some ponies in there. It must be some night special of sweets. That's pretty new to me if that's the case. Anyways...when I swung the door open...

"SURPRIIIISE!!!" Pinkie Pie jumped in front of me with confetti. I jumped and it felt like my eyeballs were going to fall out from the shock of my surroundings. "P-Pinkie?! What's all this?!" I noticed around me there were ponies and stallions dancing, some sweets put out, and music playing. There was even balloons and party favors all around!

"Well, when you left to deliver those eclairs, I had a super fantastic idea! I decided to throw a "Welcome to Ponyville, New Friend" party just for you! Isn't it great? Huh? I knew it would be! What kind of pony wouldn't throw a party for their new friend and their first time ever being in Ponyville, huh Memo?"

Pinkie Pie jumped around me. "Wait 'til I introduce you to my other friends, Memo!" Friends?! Party?! I couldn't help but just feel so...invaded and so uncomfortable with all this! This isn't natural! "There's Twilight Sparkle, Plumsweet, ooh and Big Macintosh, Applejack, Fluttershy, you already met my friend Rarity, how was she? Did you two get along? Anyways, there's Rainbow-Dash,-Blossomforth,-Mochaccino,-Meadowsong,-Cotton-Cloudy,-Roseluck-,Holly-Dash-"

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!" I waved my hooves around. The music was loud enough that the ponies and stallions around me didn't hear...yet Pinkie Pie was right by me and heard. "Stopping." She said in a low voice and smile. "Pinkie Pie...this is too much!" I said. It's time I put my hoof down! Enough is enough with this...friend-stalker thing! "Too much? Hmm is it the confetti? Maybe I should have used less, or is it the balloons? Maybe too much. Maybe-"

"No, no, and no!" I interupted her. "This friend thing...it has to stop!" Pinkie Pie's eyes turned from the happy to the sad and shocked eyes. "W-what?"

"Ever since I stepped into Ponyville, you've been nothing but a stalker and a nosy pony! You rudely said my name was girly, gave me a nickname automatically-my name is Memoire-not Memo! You never left my personal space, and you stated you were my friend when we are complete strangers! That's enough Pinkie! In fact, you don't even feel like a friend to me! You feel like...like...a stalker! That's what you are to me!" I breathed heavily, letting all my annoyance and anger out. I could say even more, but I think that just about sums it up! It's too much!

A peculiar thing happened...out of all the things I expected. I expected her to cry, to whimper, to yell back at me maybe, or maybe run away...instead...her curly hair fell to the sides as I heard a balloon go off...her hair became straight flat...and a frown came upon her face. Oh no...did I break her? I don't know if that was too much...did anypony ever say something like that to her? Maybe...I'm the first.

I shook my head, unable to even start a topic. "L-look...I'll head to bed early. Good night." I flatly stated and went up the stairs as the music was still playing, the ponies and stallions dancing and playing games, and me...feeling emotionless going up the stairs.

But...before I was away from the hearing point of her talking...I heard her whimpering voice. "I just...just wanted him to be my friend." Then Mrs. Cake's voice faded as I continued walking. "Oh honey...he just needs some space. Give him time..."

The hallway was kind of bleak...comparing to the outside and inside of the bakery. It was all gray and blue. I guess it really suits my mood so far. I could hear the booming of the drums from the soundbox below. Maybe...I just need some rest. I hope they don't mind me using their tub for the night-

"Memoire?" Mrs. Cake was right behind me. Oh man...what to say. I can expect her to say 'You're fired' for disrespecting their daughter. I can understand that. Before Mrs. Cake said anything, I responded. "I-I'm sorry about that Mrs. Cake. It was...too much. I didn't mean to make her get that upset."

"I understand, dearie. That's just Pinkie Pie. It's normal for her to be like that to people. She always wants to make friends with others and throw parties for them." She said. Wow...that's normal Pinkie Pie? And she makes friends with everyone and throws parties for them? Now...I almost feel like a complete jerk. I wish a few ponies and stallions heard that, just to know how much I was. I then looked at Mrs. Cake with a straight face. "Maybe I'll go apologize to her-"

"No...no...it's too soon. Why don't you wait until tomorrow? You had a long day, travelling from Canterlot and doing your first delivery. Feel free to use the bathroom and go to sleep after. Things will be better tomorrow." Mrs. Cake gave a small but concerning smile. "I-I will...thank you Mrs. Cake...may I ask one question if I may?" I asked...I hope it wasn't too much. "Of course, dearie. What is it?" that smile never seemed to fade. "In Ponyville...this...hospitality...is this normal?"

Mrs. Cake then looked at me, as if she were my mother. "It's always like that. We always welcome everypony that's in need, no matter how they look or where they are from." I closed my eyes and looked down...trying to understand why. At Canterlot, no one ever is like that. Why...here? And why with me that acted like that? "I...see...Thank you again, Mrs. Cake...and good night."

"Good night, Memoire. Just be sure to be up at seven o'clock." I nodded in agreement. With that, she walked away and back downstairs. The booming from the music started to fade away. Well...I better freshen up before I head to bed.

...

After freshening up, I went and head to my temporary bedroom. I saw a mattress on the floor with two blankets and two pillows. The walls and flooring seemed to almost be the same as the hallway, except there seems to be cloud swirls on the wall within the dark. There were some toy boxes that seemed to be stuffed with toys...and a netted play place that is still up. Well...for a sudden guest for the night, I appreciate to have a decent sleeping space. Then again...do I really deserved this right after what I said to Pinkie Pie? Either way...I slowly walked to the mattress and lied right on it, laying on my side.

...What was Canterlot like before I came into Ponyville? Memories started flashing back towards me with my previous jobs and my settlement in the city. I could hear the voices...

"Oh! Look on the newspaper! Gustave LeGrand is doing an amazing cooking show this weekend!" it was the voice of a female unicorn.

When I was serving tea to them, I placed the tray on the table. "Gustave LeGrand! I heard he won first prize with his sauteed snail recipe last year!" the female unicorn and male unicorn made a glare at me that time, as if I was sort of nosy.

Then...there was that one time a rich senior earth pony tripped when he walked out the door of the linen marketplace. "Are you okay, sir?" That time, I ran to him and offered a hoof. "Get your filthy hooves off my cuffs!" he shoved my hoof away and held his head up high in disgust and walked away.

Then...when I was delivering pipes to a train station. "Here you go! You ordered two long ones and four medium-" a loud response came from the construction worker. "You're three minutes late! Don't you realize we're losing bits each second?!"

...This was the reason...that was why I left Canterlot. How could the ponies there be so rude, cruel, and taking things for granted? And...and this whole time...I was shown nothing but hospitality and an eager pony to be my friend...That was all on the first day...and I blew it, just by saying those horrible things to Pinkie Pie. I feel sick...so sick...what have I done?

I couldn't help but feel a bit dead inside. Just saying those things...made me feel I was like everypony from Canterlot! I...I have to do something tomorrow. I have to make it up to the Cakes and Pinkie Pie. I have to apologize to Pinkie Pie...and not only because of what I said...it's what I took for granted!

But...Mrs. Cake said to wait tomorrow. If what she says is true, then it's for the best I get some sleep. I closed my eyes and waited for the next morning...

Author's Note:

Before anyone comments about the story starting abruptly...isn't Pinkie always abrupt?:P

"Well, everygriffon if you count that one time that snobby griffon visited Ponyville." - *Gilda...nuff said. I don't think Gustave counts as a resident...does he? Nah...*

'She had a beautiful blue sky fur and a pink-blended mane like bubblegum...like mother like daughter I suppose?'
'Wait...Mrs. Cake? Is this how civilians refer to their parents? Great...it's Canterlot all over again. ' - *Memoire still thinks Mr. and Mrs. Cake are the parents of Pinkie Pie...lulz.*

"Of course! But we do more than cupcakes,-muffins,-pies,-strusels,-cobblers,-baked-dralaskin-,upside-down-anything, aaannnnd..."She paused and threw some candy by my sandwich. "Even make our own rock candy!" - *Baked Dralaskin is a take from the desert, Baked Alaskan. Wouldn't make sense for Alaskan to be in there, so I made it up...there are ice dragons I bet! And the rock candy? Well they might end up making candy treats in the future...or are they already?*

"There's Twilight Sparkle, Plumsweet, ooh and Big Macintosh, Applejack, Fluttershy, you already met my friend Rarity, how was she? Did you two get along? Anyways, there's Rainbow-Dash,-Blossomforth,-Mochaccino,-Meadowsong,-Cotton-Cloudy,-Roseluck-,Holly-Dash-" - *homage to the existing other ponies and pony toys.*