• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,086 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: Memories are Magic - MaronaPossessed



A stallion from Canterlot makes his way to Ponyville, looking for a job. What he doesn't realize is that love could be around the corner for him!

  • ...
2
 3
 1,086

A Sugarcube Around The Corner Part 3

A Sugarcube Around the Corner Part 3

The third part of the unexpected again! How does Memoire deal with foalsitting, even when a huge storm is coming through?

'Dear Father,

Let me start off by saying you were absolutely right about Ponyville, being a town full of opportunities! The trip to it took all day, but I actually made it before sunset even came (and turning out fine of course). I just couldn't afford that train ticket to there! I know you will be saying that you could have paid for it, but I still wanted to try to go on my own.

Anyways, it was a crazy mess of events on the first day of arriving at Ponyville. I decided to apply for a job at a bakery...until Pinkie Pie, my first friend in Ponyville, bumped into me and met me. She really turned me off when she kept interrupting me on everything I said and was real nosy. At least she was nice enough to escort me to Sugarcube Corner (that's the bakery's name by the way), even though it was just a few hoofsteps away. Oh, which reminds me, if you do come to Ponyville, that house is not edible! Trust me!

Anyways, back to what happened...Surprisingly, Mr. and Mrs. Cake gave me a job right off the spot (those are the owners of Sugarcube Corner). They told me no one has ever applied for a job there. Due to the forgetfulness of Mrs. Cake to deliver eclairs, I took that job and delivered them quickly...

...To my surprise, when I came back to the bakery, Pinkie Pie threw me a party! At first, I thought 'The nerve of her!' I ended up snapping at her for invading my personal space, being nosy, and just being a stalker...but after that I felt guilty.

The next morning, I apologized to her. The reason I did that was because of the reminder of how other ponies treated me and each pony in Canterlot: rude, hasty, and taking things for granted. I know you experienced that too. Pinkie Pie pretty much contrasts possibly every pony that lives over there. I wish Canterlot would be more like Ponyville...but who knows? Maybe it's for the best it doesn't change.

Getting to know Pinkie Pie, she threw me a party because she wanted me to feel welcomed and not to be alone. It was actually sweet of her, though I was perfectly honest with her that it was too much. Anyways, she taught me how to make one of their famous cupcake recipes! Although it took half a day making them, we had a lot of fun! They came out irrAHsistible! (Heh...sorry. Hanging out with Pinkie Pie made me say more puns and jokes than usual.)

Pinkie Pie's family, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, gave me so much hospitality to me. I couldn't find a hotel for two days. One of the hotels was booked up and didn't know when they had a room available, and the other one was closed for remodeling until winter. They let me stay in their home while working at Sugarcube Corner. (They said they would let me stay even if I didn't have a job, but I don't want to be a freeloader; so I'm still working hard!)

Speaking of working hard, I was planning on sending you the letter after the day of baking cupcakes with Pinkie, but suddenly the delivery service became booked up. As I'm ending this letter, it's day four in the town of Ponyville.

I hope things are going well for you, Father, because you don't need to worry! I'm doing well and fine, and I'm not alone since I have Pinkie assisting me when I need it.

Your son,
Memoire

...

As I continued delivering the sweets, I took out the envelope from the cart with my mouth and gave it to a gray pegasus with a blonde mane. Her eyes are sort of droopy, but I think it's a condition she has. Paying no mind to that, she grabbed the letter with her mouth, saluted me, and flew off, heading to the direction of the post office. With that, I continued my delivery.

"Hey! Mornin' Memoire!" Meadow Song shouted to me. He was a stallion with a blonde mane and brown fur. "Good morning, Meadow! Your father doing well in Appleloosa?" He nodded as we passed ways. "More than better!" he said.

My brown, furnished cart was full of boxes of sweets, from cupcakes to turnovers. Pinkie Pie put a logo with a light blue lollipop and a pink cupcake bordering the words 'Sugarcube Delivery' with a red ribbon underlining it. She wanted to decorate it more, but I told her it would be for the best to keep it simple. To make her feel better, I told her to put it on both sides. I call it a win-win situation. It is enough decoration to her satisfaction and enough simplicity to my satisfaction. The Cakes even agreed on it!

"Morning Plumsweet! The drink recipe still being perfected?" I yelled as a pony with white fur and red-pinkish curly mane with white in it passed by. "Still a secret!" She laughed as she walked. I'd like to think she's a calmer one than Pinkie Pie.

Yesterday was a huge rush of delivery. Mr. and Mrs. Cake officially announced that they would do delivery. I guess that sparked a lot of ponies to request delivery to their homes. I think I was so busy, that I think I only talked to her about the cart! Hope she won't be too down about it...

"Hey, there's Memoire! Alright!" A gruff stallion said, who had light brown fur and a rugged chin. He was wearing a hard hat and a construction vest. Speaking of that, I was in the construction area. There were three stallions and a pony there too. The small crowd gathered around me. I unhooked myself from the cart, grabbed a big box which contained some sweets and bread with my mouth, and placed it on the ground.

"Good morning, Lumberjack. Hopefully you ponies didn't start without a good breakfast!" I said.

"Nah, you kidding me? Can't start building up the day without those famous Espresso Cupcakes there!" He laughed. "Oh, oh! And the strawberry cream cheese turnovers are in there too?" A pony with a pink hardhat, white mane, and very light brown fur asked me. I gave a small laugh. "Yes, Ambrosia. I didn't forget those either." She squealed with glee and opened the box quickly, and grabbed one with her mouth.

"Oh, I was told by Mr. Cake to include a jar of fruit preserves to go with the toast in there. He said "Compliments to those making Ponyville better each day!""

"Aw jeez...miss him already. Ever since he that those two foals, he doesn't stroll here by much!" Lumberjack said. He then looked at my cart. "Well, don't want to hold you up on the rest of the deliveries. Have a good morning, Memoire!"

"Thanks, Lumberjack! Same to you as well!" I said. I hooked myself up to the cart again and went on my way.

Thanks to Pinkie Pie, I was able to warm myself more to the citizens of Ponyville.

Meadow Song was my first stallion friend I met. He and I shared some common happenings. He told me his father lived in Appleloosa, and was saying both his home was there and in Ponyville. He walked with me yesterday while I was delivering goods and both talked about our reasons in Ponyville. He sang some good old fashion songs that reminded of his childhood in Appleloosa. To those live in Canterlot, they would call it fillbillies. To me, I call it the simple life.

Lumberjack and I met on accident...literally. After finishing up my delivery yesterday, I walked by the construction site and I heard a huge snap that came from a chain. I looked up and a huge piece of lumber was on its way to falling on me. Thankfully, Lumberjack pushed me out of the way. I was hurt physically because of his strength...but I bet I would wound up in the hospital if it weren't for him! He apologized and stated that accidents like that hardly happen. He noticed the cart's name and asked if Mr. and Mrs. Cake started that delivery business...and with that, it looks like we had a customer.

Well...looks like my last delivery for the morning ends with Roseluck, one of Pinkie's many friends. I knocked on the door with my hoof, unhooked myself from the cart, and grabbed the box with my head. The door opened. The pony had peach fur and a rosy mane with a dark pink streak on the side.

"Oh, hey Memoire! Got the cherry cupcakes?" she asked. I gave her a nod. "Yeah. They came out fresh of the oven before I left to do delivery for the morning. They should still be delicious for your 'Welcome Back' party for your sister!" I said. "Great!" As I gave her the box and she held it with her back, "Oh! I almost forgot!" she held out her hoof which had one bit on it.

I was confused...and didn't know why. Was it suppose to be payment? I was told that payments were done when walking into the store and ordering. "Uh...what's this?"

"Your tip of course!" She rolled her eyes while smiling.

"O-oh! Of course! T-thank you very much!" I grabbed the bit with my mouth and threw it to the back of the cart. "Thanks, Roseluck! Have a good day!" I said. With a wave of her hoof, I hooked myself up to the cart and started heading back to Sugarcube Corner. How embarrassing! How long has it been since I received a tip? I think I turned red in embarrassment.

Ponies and stallions in Canterlot hardly tip workers. I think it was only twice at my stay there I was tipped! It was actually an achievement to the workers to get tips. Tipping was more of a donation than a 'Thank you for the service' thing. So far I asked myself: Was it worth it getting a job in Ponyville other than Canterlot?

My answer is a wholehearted yes.

...

"I'm back!" I said as I walked in. As usual, I parked the cart on the side of the house. I looked around. "Anypony home?" I yelled. No response of course. Hmm...I wonder where Mr. and Mrs. Cake are? Where is Pinkie Pie as well? Then, I heard some muffled voices and one perky voice. It looks like they're in the party room. As I walked closer, I could make out there conversation.

"I can't believe on short notice too..." Mr. Cake voice spoke. "We really can't miss this, Carrot! You know we're so well known on hosting parties for those people! After all the gossip, he wants to taste all of our famous creations!" Mrs. Cake spoke.

"I can help!" I heard Pinkie hopped. I heard Pound and Pumpkin Cake giggling in the background.

"I know, honeybun...but we'll be gone all day. I just wonder what Memoire's reaction will be, leaving our children with him."

"I can do it on my own!" I heard Pinkie Pie hop again. Another laugh came from the two.

"Alright...well...we'll just ask him...we do have to leave immediately, and we do have Pinkie Pie doing it for us. If he says no, we have to respect that."

"Say no to what?" I asked as I walked in.

The party room was well lit, with a couple of tables with white cloth over it. There was a little bit of confetti and ribbons scattered around to accent the room. In the middle, there was a huge rug. Pound and Pumpkin Cake were sitting on it with their little toys. Pinkie stopped hopping and she looked at me. I suppose she was entertaining the two with her signature hopping. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were in front of me, giving me a saddening look. Err...I hope they aren't sad for me snooping up on them like that. I couldn't help it...

"Oh, Memoire. We apologize for this." Mrs. Cake started out. "We have to leave for a meeting at the town hall. Hors D'oeuvre is coming to Ponyville to taste test our recipes in a couple of days! It looks like it will take all day...even some ponies will come in and deliver their recipes here to have him taste test them too!"

Hors D'oeuvre...I remember him now. He's from Canterlot. He started out as a server and then became a well known taste tester in all of Canterlot- no wait...maybe in all of Equestria! Okay, maybe that Equestria part was too much. Due to his reviews, it either made a restaurant or bakery a well-known place, or to a avoid-at-all-costs place. I have confidence though...I tasted most of their cooking and it was delicious, even better than all the treats in Canterlot! I shook my head and realized that they were talking to me.

Continuing the conversation, Mr. Cake said "Yes, and we weren't sure if Pinkie could do this all on her own for a whole day...or even our little foals! If it isn't too much trouble, Memoire, if you could-"

"If it's helping Pinkie Pie foalsit, I'd be glad to!" I said excitedly.

"Oh, Carrot, honey...see? That wasn't so hard to ask. We understand Memoire that he has other things to do and-...wait what?!" Looks like Mrs. Cake just realized I said yes.

"I'd be glad to assist Pinkie Pie! Besides, they look so adorable!" I walked to Pumpkin Cake to pat her on the head...then she opened her mouth and put my hoof in it. I felt kind of disgusted as drool started coming out. "Yes! Very adorable! Heh!...could you let go please?" I asked Pumpkin Cake and Pinkie laughed.

"Whew! What a relief! Thank you, Memoire!" Mr. Cake said. I shook my hoof frantically as Pumpkin Cake let my hoof go.

...

We were all at the front of the store. Pound and Pumpkin Cake were sitting in a small area with a rug, playing with their little rattles and stuffed animals. Mr. Cake was helping Mrs. Cake put bags on the side of her back. Mrs. Cake was looking on the floor at a paper with a couple of notes on it. With her mouth, she took a pen from her ear and checked off some things. She then looked at me.

"Okay, Memoire. You should have no trouble at all thanks to Pinkie. She should be able to help you through in some areas, from feeding to changing them to bathing them."

"That's right, Memoire! No trouble to it but to do it!" Pinkie Pie said. "You've got me on your side!" she put her hoof around me. I smiled back in confidence. I think this will be a fun job to do.

Mr. Cake responded. "We also made you two a couple of sandwiches to have for lunch and dinner, so you will have enough to eat. They're in the small refrigerator, as well as their foal food." I noticed Pound Cake was almost there to his dad from crawling. I guess he wasn't able to start flying yet...speaking of flying, I realized he was a pegasus. Looking at Pumpkin Cake, she's a unicorn. The parents are just regular earth ponies, like me. Well...it happened to me in my family, as my mother was a unicorn; and my father is an earth pony. There's really no reason to ask a question about it...

"You little foals be good for Memoire and Pinkie Pie, okay?" Mr. Cake bent down to look at Pound Cake and giggled as he put his hoof on him. Mrs. Cake walked over to Pumpkin Cake and gave her a kiss, as well as to Pound Cake when she walked back.

"We'll do our best to be back as soon as possible!" She said. I noticed the foals were reaching out with their hooves, both of them having a sad look. Poor little ones...it's understandable how they will miss their parents. At least Pinkie Pie does fine without them. I still find it weird how she refers them to Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

The parents walked out of the door. I walked towards them, just to get a peek at their faces, but before I could...

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" They turned around, and the crying ensued. I knew this would happen! Great, just great. Okay, where are the little toys? Ah, over there on the rug by that shelf. I ran to grab a rattle, ran back, and shook it in front of them. "It's okay! Look at the shiny, shaky rattle!" They looked at me and stopped crying. Whew, well that was easy-

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" ...and the crying is back. Of all the possible jobs I had in Equestria, foalsitting is actually new to me! What other reasons could they be crying? Well, their diapers are clean, I probably scared them, or it's just the plain fact that they miss their parents. What am I going to do?!

POP! Fizz...

Pinkie Pie jumped behind the two with a party popper. Some of the confetti from it fell on her, and the foals started laughing. After the crying spell ensued, I forgot that Pinkie Pie is with me. Whew! What a relief having her here with me! I wondered how did Pinkie Pie know that it was their favorite thing?

"Hey, Pinkie. How did you know it was their favorite toy?"

"It isn't!" She started. "You just have to give them something that takes their minds off the problem! I always have spare party supplies; so I figured whenever I babysit, I just have to try using them when I need to!"

Pinkie Pie must have experience in foalsitting. It's actually surprising from an upbeat, hyperactive pony like her. I figured she would want to only play with them and not do the hard stuff! I figured she was more of the irresponsible type, rather than responsible.

As Pinkie Pie started entertaining the foals, I looked back at the party room which was open. When not in used, it's a huge empty space. This could be good for the foals to play in...and even Pinkie and I!

"Hey, Pinkie. Let's go to the party room and play in there! It's not in use, so there's plenty of space for us to play in!"

Pinkie looked at me. "Good idea, Memoire!" Pinkie Pie then lifted the foals with one in each hoof and put them on her back. I figured since we knew each other more, she could call me that nickname she wanted me to have the whole time. Just hearing "Memoire" from her doesn't sound right for a pony like her. So I smiled and said. "You can call me Memo if you want now."

Her signature big smile showed up. "I knew you were gonna pick that nickname!" She hopped to the party room, and with each hop, "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!"

That's Pinkie Pie for you. For some reason, she always knew the impossible will always be possible. She makes a job seem fun and not a painful chore. Another thing for sure is when you feel alone, she'll show you in her own way that you aren't. This foalsitting...will be a piece of cake. Speaking of cake, I could go for a slice...but I already ate breakfast. Well, there goes that idea.

...

We were all sitting around in a circle in the party room. Pinkie was across from me, Pumpkin Cake was on my left, and Pound Cake was on my right. I took a red ball and rolled it to Pinkie. She rolled it to Pound, he rolled it to Pumpkin, and she rolled it back to me. The little foals were having a blast with such a simple and safe game. Although, it seemed to start getting quiet. So to break the silence, I started a conversation with Pinkie.

"So Pinkie, how long have you foalsitted these two?" I said as I rolled the ball to her. "Oh, just a year so far, or maybe including a couple of months!"

"You? Foalsitting that long? You're joking." I said in ridicule. Pinkie rolled the ball to Pound Cake. "Hey! Are you calling me a liar? It's not easy work you know and not fun and games when it comes to foalsitting!"

I couldn't help, but stare in shock. Looks like she was telling the truth. I never expected her to say something like that! That definitely confirms that she is responsible for this and understands the needs for these foals. It makes me wonder what else she's experienced in other than throwing parties, baking treats, singing, and foalsitting. She looks like she can do anything!

"Hellooo? Memo!" Pinkie said as my dazing stopped. She was glaring at me. I just realized I have the ball. I rolled the ball back to Pinkie. "Heh, sorry Pinkie. I was actually shocked you said something like that!"

"What? Was there something wrong with that?"

"Not at all. It's actually a good thing to take a job seriously. I just expected from you to just have fun with the foals and not taking care of them." I said honestly. Pinkie glared again. "Are you saying I'm not responsible?"

"I thought of that before, now I don't." Her glare got sharper. I think she's starting to take offense to what I said. I didn't mean to judge her sharply like that. I was actually getting scared of her...I never seen her glare like that. "S-sorry, Pinkie. I didn't mean it as an insult. I shouldn't have judged you like that."

Pinkie's smile came back. "Hehe, that's okay. I was waiting for you to take that back!" So she expected me to apologize and she was going to forgive me anyway? I think she was just trying to scare me. One thing for sure, don't try to make her angry. Although, I did deserve it for judging her. Putting that aside, I just laughed at her. "Oh, now that's just mean, PinkaMEANa!"

"You know, Twilight almost thought of the same thing like you did!" She said as she rolled the ball to Pound Cake. "Really?" Pinkie nodded. "Yeah! At least before, I knew that foalsitting wasn't really all fun!"

I looked around for the ball...say, wasn't it my turn to have it? I looked to my right where Pumpkin Cake was, and I couldn't believe my eyes. She was lifting the ball with her unicorn horn! "W-what the?!"

"Hey, Pumpkin! No cheating! I thought we've been through that!" Pinkie Pie raised her hoof at Pumpkin. The ball dropped and I caught it with my hooves. "You mean-I mean-...You knew she could use the horn of hers?!"

"Uh, duh! Ever since my first day of foal sitting!" That's funny...I thought it took three years or more for a unicorn to be able to use the magic of their horn! Then again, you hear there are lucky and gifted ones. I suppose she is one of them, and from earth pony parents no less! If she understood me, I would say congratulations!

"See, whenever they are around, you always-ALWAYS set a good example for them! No cheating, notburping, always listening, and always finish their meal! That's all you have to remember about foalsitting! Oh, and maybe some other stuff, but it'll come to mind later!" Pinkie smiled. Other stuff? Judging from the foals still wearing their diapers, I can see where that is going.

I started hearing some faint crackling noises. I looked around to see where the noise was coming from. Nothing around us seemed to have fallen or shaken, except for the ball that is bouncing around the room. I noticed the foals looking around as well, and Pinkie Pie after. It's best for me to go try and check it out.

"What is that sound?" I asked. I went out of the party room and walked to one of the counter areas of the store. There was a huge window, and the outside looked dark. "That's funny...there wasn't suppose to be any rain today!" Pinkie Pie remarked. I noticed that the foals and Pinkie were behind me.

I could see all of Ponyville outside was shaded because of the huge storm cloud filling the sky. No ponies were outside either. I feel all gloomy inside, even though Pinkie walked to my side to take a look. A rumble started shaking the house a bit...and then...

CrrrrAAAACKOOOOM!!!

A lightning bolt came from the sky, and the room flashed. All the lights in the house went off. I jumped from being spooked from the lightning bolt. I looked down to the little foals, their bodies cringing in fear and their eyes starting to fill with tears. Oh dear, this doesn't look good.

I figured that maybe it was just a stray cloud that just grew and had one lightning bolt, but I started to doubt. I don't understand how Pegasi work with the clouds. I could see some more lightning far away, and the thunder noises from it.

CrrrrAAAACKOOOOM!!!

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Both foals started screaming and crying. What caught my attention from the storm was Pound Cake flying around frantically. He knows how to use his wings already?! Oh wait, he is old enough to use them! Silly me! Pumpkin Cake was standing on a stack that was hidden under a rug, crying. How do I console them like this?! Wait, Pinkie might know! I'll ask her and-

...Wait, where is Pinkie?! I looked around. She wasn't by the party room. She wasn't near the entrance of the store. It didn't look like she headed to the kitchen. Then, I noticed. Under where Pumpkin was sitting, Pinkie was hiding under the rug with her hooves over her eyes. I looked at her, feeling weird about this.

"Uh...Pinkie, aren't you suppose to set a good example?!" I asked.

"This IS setting a good example! You're suppose to ALWAYS be afraid of stormy weather like this!"

Please don't tell me she is easily scared from storms. Although the noise is loud, there is one thing I realized. Even how bad it looked outside, we were safe and sound inside. I understand Pumpkin and Pound being afraid and scared to death in this situation. What would a parent do in a situation like this?

I started to zone out...and I saw an image of my mother, who had the same fur as me...but was a unicorn.

I was real young. I remembered when Canterlot had a storm almost like this. I was looking out the window out of my parent's apartment. I was about to cry, even though big colts don't cry. My mother was right by me and closed the curtain. She hugged me and secured me in her hooves.

"Memoire, you know we're safe here. It's okay. Your mother is here to protect you."

Even when the storm went on, it felt like a sunshine day being with her.

I shook my head and I was back in Sugarcube Corner during the storm. The loud thunder noises were back, as well as the huge bolts of lightning outside. I noticed Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake were in the middle of the room, both laying down and crying. I walked towards them, and hugged them with my hooves. Their loud crying became low whimpers.

"It's okay. You're safe as long as we're here. Nothing bad will happen." They stopped whimpering and looked at me. I tried consoling them the best I could. Though for little foals like these, it's best to do it in a funny way as well. I figured I should make something up to make them laugh. Hey...this gives me an idea.

"You know that big, old nasty weather out there is actually small don't you? It just looks big!" I said and they looked at each other then back at me. "That's right! You know what we do when that nasty weather is here? You scare it away! You just have to show you're not afraid of it! Watch!"

I walked slowly to the window, but was very close to it. Another lightning bolt came, which made me a bit spooked, but I stood my ground. I took a deep breath, and...

"ROOOOAAAAAR!!!"

I hope a gryphon's roar would do. Grant you, it's not the best sounding one, but it will do. Another lightning bolt came, and I just repeated myself.

"ROOOOAAAAAR!!!"

I kind of feel embarrassed doing this, but I guess sacrifices have to be made in foalsitting. I then heard some giggles and turned around. Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake were laughing. Pound even tried mimicking my roar! "Roar..." he waved his hooves. I have to say it's cute.

"Wow! That was super-duper fantastic! The lightning bolt was all "KABOOM!" and you were all "ROAR I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!" Where did you learn that?! My parents never did that or my Granny Pie!" The usual hyperactive Pinkie was right behind me, after coming out of her hiding. Finally, she referred to Mr. and Mrs. Cake the right way. Granny Pie, however? It must be her grandmother.

"I just thought what my parents did during a storm like this. I figured I would do something similar. Also, I figured the roar would be a nice touch." I smiled. Pinkie Pie then jumped, "Awesome!"

Except for the storm outside, at least things calmed down a bit. I looked back at Pumpkin and Pound Cake. It looks like they are having a roaring contest of their very own. I suppose it is who can roar the loudest and scare the storm away! Good job, Memoire! You're a genius when it comes to things like these! Mother, you'll get credit too as well if you're reading my mind.

CRASH!

"Eep!" Pinkie jumped. It sounded like somepony barged in from upstairs, but how? It could only be a pegasus, or a pony who decided to sneak in and get away with things while this hectic storm is going on! How dare they! I stood in front of Pinkie and the foals. It looked like the foals thought it was another lightning bolt, and continued their roaring. I can tell the difference between somepony deciding to crash in and a loud thunder noise!

I headed towards the kitchen. "Pinkie! Wait here with Pound and Pumpkin Cake! Don't go upstairs until I say it's fine!" Pinkie Pie blinked. "Uh...okey dokey lokey!" She looked confused. When you're foalsitting, you're suppose to protect the foals in worst-case scenarios! Of course I never foalsitted, but instincts kicked in. Wait...does foalsitting have instincts or whatever? Doesn't matter!

I ran inside the kitchen. Thanks to one of the lightning bolts, it gave me enough light to see the closest frying pan. I grabbed it with my mouth, ran out of the kitchen, and started running upstairs. Just who could it be doing this?! I don't know, but I won't go down without a fight!

I started walking in the hallway, since it felt like walking into pure darkness. The lightning bolts gave me some light to guide me. Then, I noticed a light heading to the rooftop. It was up in Pinkie's room. I walked up, and looked at my surroundings.

I noticed water all over the place. Her bed, her carpet, her table, and anything you can think of. To my right, it looks like the wall over there is almost gone as well as the window. I noticed something moving under the pink cloth which used to be the curtain. That must be the pony I'm looking for! I gripped the frying pan with my teeth and walked over to it, being cautious.

"Ugh...oh man...that feeling will stay there for a while." The pony spoke under the curtain. I yelled through the grip of the pan.

"Hurf arf yuh anf fwut duf yuh fwat?!"

"Uh...say that again? I think my ear popped from the lightning." The pony responded.

I spat out the frying pan and yelled. "Who are you and what do you want?!"

"What? What's going on?!" The pony said. I glared. "You tell me! You think you can crash inside and try to harm me and my friends, or you think you'll get away by stealing something from this place?! Well, you're wrong! Get out of here or I'll make you!"

"Woah, woah, woah!" The curtain moved and I started seeing hooves, then it was off the pony and she held the curtain. "I didn't mean to crash in or start any trouble at all!" The pony, err pegasus, seemed to have a rainbow-style mane and tail. It looks like she has some bruises too. She looked behind her with the crack in the wall. "Yeah...that's really going to leave a mark." She flew right towards me to get away from most of the rain.

"Wow...are you okay?" I asked. She really didn't look too good.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Was trying to control that storm cloud with the other pegasi and lost my balance." The pegasus said. I noticed outside that the pegasi were flying around below the storm cloud, trying to gather most of it with their velocity. Then I noticed somepony was behind me...

"Hello!"

There was Pinkie Pie, popping up randomly as usual, even when you don't want her to. "Pinkie! I told you to stay with the foals!"

"They're right here, silly!" I noticed Pumpkin and Pound Cake clapping with their little hooves. Well, that remark is out of the way. "I told you not to come up here until it was safe!"

"I know, but then I was going upstairs a bit, then heard Rainbow Dash's voice! So I figured it was safe since it was just my friend! I didn't want to leave Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake on their own, so I brought them with me!"

Wait...Rainbow Dash? Friend? Oh...I guess I understand now. My argument is invalid. The rain continued to come in. It's for the best we don't continue the conversation here.

"Let's go downstairs into the kitchen." I said. "Okey dokey! Let me just check up on Gummy! I'll meet you there!" Pinkie said. Gummy? Must be some special quality taffy or something.

"Yeah, Rainbow. Let's head down. I'll make some hot cocoa for us." I stated. I picked up the foals with my mouth to put on my back. Then, we both made our way to the stairs.

...

A cup of hot cocoa was placed on the long table of the kitchen with a candle in the middle. I pulled out a chair for Rainbow Dash to sit on and relax. She took a big whiff of the aroma, and laid back on the chair. "Aw yeah...that's what I'm talking about." Hmph. Maybe a 'Thank You' or something would be appropriate. I poured myself a cup on the table as well. On the other side of the table was Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake, in their high chairs eating their late lunch of pureed fruit and hay.

"So Rainbow Dash, what's the deal?" I asked. It's about time I get some answers or an excuse for that type of storm outside. At the very least, I'm thankful that most of the thunder and lightning is gone.

"Huh? What deal?" She took a sip of hot cocoa with her hooves.

"Well...what's the cause of all this weather?"

"How am I suppose to know? Maybe some idiot accidentally switched on the rain cloud generator in the rain factory! By the level of it, looks like it was an overload!" Rainbow Dash eyes widened and slapped her hoof on her head. "Great...that means more rain wasted, and having to gather more water this year! This stinks!" She whined.

She then looked outside of one of the windows. I looked into her direction too. We saw different pegasi flying around, trying to break the dark clouds outside. It looked like a slow process, since some holes were patched their selves with the huge cloud. Then, I looked at Rainbow Dash.

"Maybe I better go-"

"If you're thinking of doing that, you shouldn't." I interrupted her. I knew what she was going to say.

"What?! Why not? I still have some energy left in my wings!" I saw her wings flap repeatably. I hated to be rude, but she has to get the picture. "Look, Rainbow Dash. Did you see what happened? You crashed into Sugarcube Corner when you lost control! You're lucky to only have bruises from it. If it happens again, you might not be so lucky!"

Rainbow Dash frowned. I guess I was a bit too harsh...She sighed. "I...don't want to bail out on them! What if they call me lazy? What if they fire me or something?"

"I know that is not going to happen." I said.

"Hey! You don't know anything! You're not a pegasus!" Rainbow Dash started getting defensive, as she jumped and hovered over the chair. "What are you? Trying to be a funnypony or something?!" She pointed her hoof at me. "Rainbow Dash, I didn't mean it that way!" I sighed and looked at her. "Look...To be honest, I really don't know how things or the weather is handled in Cloudsdale; but I know one thing for sure; you won't lose your job or lose your friends and fellow employees because of this."

"What are you getting at?" She asked. She still looked almost angry. "What I'm trying to say is, you did your part like every pegasi did for stopping this storm cloud. If you go back now, and if something else happens to you, your friends and fellow employees will feel sad and, not to mention, feel guilty about what happened to you! It's almost suicide if you continue to force yourself!"

"How would you know?" She said being snobby.

"Because...of what I've been through, I know." I started having flashbacks of the times working in Canterlot, from my fellow employees helping each other during times of need to one of my bosses being sad due to a stallion breaking his hoof. I shook my head and looked back at Rainbow Dash. "Well...just put yourself in their hooves. How would they feel?"

Rainbow dash frowned and looked away. "Yeah..." she sighed. "You're totally right about that. I'd hate to see the looks on their faces if something else happened to me, not to mention how pitiful I would look!" Actually, I didn't think anything of the pitiful part.

"Hey! Anything new?" Pinkie Pie jumped from under the table. I decided to update Pinkie Pie with the news. "Rainbow Dash thinks it has something to do with the rain cloud generator in Cloudsdale. Last time I looked outside, the Pegasi were doing really well in getting rid of the storm cloud."

"Oh! Maybe next time I could get on my flying bicycle, and help out!" She jumped. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. "You wish! Your bike wouldn't be fast enough! Talk to me once you're able to match the speed of the fastest Pegasus in Ponyville!"

"Okay!" I saw Pinkie Pie stand right in front of Rainbow Dash...for a good while, as if she wanted to start a staring contest. Rainbow Dash glared. "I don't mean RIGHT NOW!" Pinkie then gave a laugh. "Oh, right!"

THWACK!

"OW! HEY!" Rainbow Dash yelled as a spoon hit her eye. The culprit was none other than Pound Cake. "HEY! SILVERWARE TO YOURSELF MISTER!" Surprisingly, Pinkie yelled out the same as me. We couldn't help but give out a chortle.

"While you two have your little staring contest, I'm going to clean up some of the mess in Pinkie's room and freshen up after." I said as I headed up. "Okie dokie!"

"I guess I'll lend a hoof if you need it, Pinkie." I heard the rainbow pegasus talking from a distance.

...

What a mess! I was able to dry off what I could in Pinkie's bedroom. Huh? Why did I have to do it you ask? It wasn't that I had to; it was just stallion's work that's all! Well, at least that is out of the way. Now I can hit the bathroom and wash up.

With the faucet on and the bubbles forming, I hopped into the tub. It's great to finally have some privacy from staying with Pinkie Pie for the whole day and through that terrible weather. No, don't get me wrong. I like Pinkie Pie's company. I just want...well...what do these little colts and fillies say? It's time for quiet time. Yes...quiet time.

Ahh...this is the life. Being alone, with no pony around, and just me relaxing. I turned off the faucet...and after a minute or so.

"Um...Memoire?"

Ugh...not this again. We already had this.

"Pinkie, I thought we talked something about having privacy..." I rolled my eyes.

"I know, I know! It's just that when I went to check upstairs for a moment and looked for him, he wasn't there. Oh by the way, thanks for cleaning up my room! So I looked all over the house, except here...and well...the thing is...um-"

"Pinkie...please get to the point..." I slapped my hoof on my face.

"Gummy's in the tub."

"What? What type of Gum-" Then I noticed an alligator's eyes perking up. "AHHHHH!!!!!!!" I shook the tub and the alligator jumped out of the tub. He headed under the sink. Oh man...what if I could have been wounded by him?! At first, I thought it was some sort of candy, even though I find it weird making candy in the bathtub! An alligator in the tub? T-that's a first...

"Gummy! I told you to stop hiding in the bathtub!" I heard a sigh and Pinkie's steps, walking away. By the looks of him hiding under the shadow of the sink, he's harmless. Well...that's a relief, and since Pinkie walked away, I think she'll get him after I'm done.

I...don't think I can relax anymore after that shocking moment. I'll shorten this bathtub since my solitude barrier is broken.

...

As the sun started shining and mostly all of the dark clouds were gone, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Gummy, and I walked outside. We decided to get out after putting the foals in for their nap. As supper time nearly approaches, we saw the Cakes walking to us.

Mr. Cake surveyed the building and noticed the crash. "Wow...the storm wasn't THAT terrible was it?" he asked and I saw Rainbow Dash rubbing the back of her head. "Uh...heheh..." she laughed silently.

"Hey Rainbow Dash, you know Lumberjack?" I asked. Rainbow responded positively, "Yeah, I know him! That big stallion at the construction site, right? I'm on it!" And with a powerful dash, she flew off with everypony around us feeling the velocity.

Mrs. Cake walked up to Pinkie and me. "How did the foalsitting go?" I responded honestly. "It was unexpected with the storm, but we managed through it." She sighed with relief. "That's great. We really appreciate what you did, Memoire!"

"Heh...It's nothing. I couldn't say 'no,' not after what you guys did for me so far!" I laughed.

I saw Rainbow Dash coming back slowly with Lumberjack, as if she was guiding him. He looked up and surveyed the crash. "Woah...that's one crash over there! That should be no problem to fix, though. We'll get right on it!"

"Yeah, you guys don't worry about the payment. It's on me." Rainbow Dash said humbly. Lumberjack looked up at her. "Really, Rainbow Dash? Aww...I was hoping to barter with some of those sweets."

Mr. Cake walked up to him. "I think we can all set some sort of agreement, after I finally catch up with my old friend here." Lumberjack laughed. "Of course, stringy Carrot!" He said as he shoved a hoof onto Carrot Cake, which made him shake a little. They both laughed.

Seeing the foals being happy, seeing Rainbow Dash satisfied, seeing Pinkie Pie as her usual self (even through all that weather), and Lumberjack finally catching up with Carrot Cake, I say this day has been excellent. Each day has been a new day and a new adventure in Ponyville. I couldn't imagine what could come next.

"Hey Memoire, didja have fun today? I totally did with you around, especially when you were all "ROOOAAAR!!!" at the storm!" Pinkie Pie said aloud and everypony looked at me.

"Shh, Pinkie...It's between you and me..." I nudged her.

Author's Note:

"To those live in Canterlot, they would call it fillbillies. To me, I call it the simple life." *a pony pun on hillbillies*

*I know there are questions about how Memoire traveled from Canterlot to Ponyville on foot. I'm going by the episodes of the series to determine how long*