• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 615 Views, 18 Comments

The Worm in the Apple - Yeeteroni Expandationoni



A cool little hat made for a deceased mafia pony comes to ponyville and things begin to change dramatically...

  • ...
2
 18
 615

Blanker Than a Filly's Flank (Part 2)

The filly was first to react to the gunshot, and I was just a second late to hold down her screams. "Sush!" I said quietly, holding her mouth closed. I had to move fast, otherwise we we're going to be swiss cheese...

I ran over to the window and opened it. "We escapin'?" I heard big mac ask silently. I shook my head. "Hide, I'll take care of our lil' 'friend' here..." I said as I ran to the opposite side of the room, right next to the door.

I looked around for something to use and saw a scalpel, thankfully clean, and took it into my hooves as Big Mac and the little filly hid under the bed. I was convinced they weren't there at all actually! I shrugged this off as I readied myself for the intruder.

I saw the door open and I froze as the stallion walked through the door.

"Damn! She got away!" He yelled in anger as he ran over to the open window, just as I suspected he would.

No time to dilly dally, I sneaked up behind the colt and readied the scalpel. Just as he turned around to leave he saw me, and was a second late to stop me as I brought down the knife into his neck.

I looked away as I heard the colt take in his last, shuddered breath. I looked to the bed, they were still hiding under it. I took the gun from the pony and held it in my mouth as I looked for my pack. Thankfully it was't very far away from my bed, as it was sitting neatly on a nearby chair. I picked up the bag, placed the gun inside it and slung it over my back. "Alrighty fella's, time t' go!" I said as I dragged Big Mac from under the bed, the little filly hanging on tight to his tail.

I quickly started heading out the door, Big mac and the filly following closely behind me. The hospital was empty, probably evacuated while we were taking care of business back in the room.

We made our way out and nodded for Big Mac to lead the way. We made a run for it through the streets, which was clear of anypony other then us. Soon we were reaching an unempty part of the town and we were already panting. "Well that was certainly somethin' to wake up to!" I said, trying to catch my breath. I had no idea what to think other then "Holy Luna in a tin can on the sun!". My heart was racing faster then Rainbow Dash could make a sonic rainboom!

Wait...Who do a what now? My head began to hurt as I, again began processing what had just went through my mind.

My mind was conflicting with itself, two different memories, one of betrayal and hurt and another of friendship and...magic?

I clasped onto my ever throbbing head, these memories were hurting too much for me to make any sense of it all. "Come on sis, I wanna go home..." Said a trembling filly next to me.

I smiled at the filly. "Yeah...I don't wanna be here either..." I admitted as I regained my composure. "After you Macintosh..." I said. He nodded as he began trotting down the long path that would lead home. It was a very quiet walk, none of us wanted to say anything...except me of course.

"What in the bucking hay was with that pony?!" I proclaimed, confusion of the recent incident finally peaking anger. Big Mac looked at me and shrugged. "Heck if I know..." He said, genuinely confused about the situation as much as I was.

I sighed in frustration as I continued the painstakingly long walk ahead of us. My mind was a complete clusterfluff of things that just made absolutely no sense.

And the timing of everything was just off too. Everything just came so fast!

I shrugged this all off as I decided to watch the beautiful scenery of the apple trees that began to surround the path. It was a pretty calming scenario despite what had just happened earlier. I walked up to big mac and whispered. "So...tell me about th' farm on our way there, would ya?" I asked. Big Mac sighed. "We ain't goin' back to that hospital...so I might as well..." He said with a sigh. "It all started way back, with Ma' n' Pa'..." I found myself zooming out of the lecture into the apple tree forest. Something felt off about it, like we were being followed by something...

Or somepony...

Nah that was stupid, why would somepony follow us?...Oh...Wait a second...Maybe it links back to the hospital crises we had just earlier. I shook my head, the idea was kinda stupid. I mean why would somepony really follow us to the farm? It just didn't make quite alot of sense to me but at the same time, it was actually quite an effective strategy, like one time when-

I stopped in my tracks and held Big Mac in spot with a simple hold out of my hoof. My ears perked up, as I couldn't help but feel it helped the sound come to me easier.

Snap!

The familiar cracking of a bush. Pure instinct took over as I rushed into the apple field towards the noise viciously. I quickly headbutted somepony who was hiding behind a tree. He was wearing a suit, a hat on his head similar to the one I had in my backpack, but black without the card. The pony quickly backed up as I slowly closed distance between him and I.

"A-Applejack?!" I heard him whisper. "Why are ya here?!" I spat out furiously, not wanting to deal with him for long, as I had to get back to whatever it was that my home was. He gulped, and crawled away from me with fear evident in his eyes. "B-But, we thought that th' boss and I..." He started out, and only got bucked in the face by a furious...well...me... I spat on his unconsious body, unknow hatred welling inside of me as I started trotting back to the family, who was waiting for me at the rode patiently, worry mixed with relief. "Let's get goin'..." I said, suddenly groggily. I felt weakness in my legs as I began to get a headache of massive proportions.

I never asked for this...

Author's Note:

Slightly less words then before, but my mind was grinding to a halt when I finished this... Remember, your comments can make a big change! Don't forget to criticize me!