• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 613 Views, 18 Comments

The Worm in the Apple - Yeeteroni Expandationoni



A cool little hat made for a deceased mafia pony comes to ponyville and things begin to change dramatically...

  • ...
2
 18
 613

Red Apples

I had Big Mac holding his hoof over my shoulder to try and keep me upright, as I began to get sick. I'm not sure whether it was the fact that I left the hospital in a hurry, or that I was just getting a bit sick of walking so far. Seriously, how far was this damn barn?!

My prayers were soon answered as we reached the barn. Sweet Apple Acres was emblazoned on a sign that was on a fence. It rang a bell, at least now that I saw the full picture of it. My mind was too groggy to care, I wanted to see how comfortable my bed was right now. I looked up and saw an elderly pony, wearing something around her neck, although I....kinda forgot the name of it. And she had a walker, so I know she was very old. Probably had a name, like after an apple or something. Which would make sense, since this was an 'apple' family. It made about as much sense as a food being named after Big Macintosh...

What's the next Apple name I was gonna find in this Apple tree? Granny smith?

I groaned the moment I thought that up, and my head pounded. "Well, would ya look at this! I thought ya weren't comin' back fer a second there! Said ye wer' in th' hospital! So I got worried!" Said the elderly mare. I nodded. "Yup, funny, 'ain't it?" I went along with her conversation, trying to keep my voice from sounding sick, although I think the eyes would have gave it away. 'granny' laughed a bit, patted me on the back and almost made me throw up everything that was inside my stomach. Me and Big Mac, with little AppleBloom tailing us closely, went inside, and we all sat down, including Granny. Not sure what I was supposed to do here, but AppleBloom simply just went upstairs after sitting in silence, probably to her room.

I envied the kid, but I thought I was in this room for a reason, so I didn't get up. We all just sat there in silence, before Big Mac decided to be first to speak up. "So, ya don't remember anythin' that ya left fer...?" He said, with a bit of terror in his voice. That's strange I thought, I was thinking this stallion was more of a hardened pony. I groggily shook my head in response with a simple 'no' being mouthed out. Did I still have that freaking bullet in my head or something? I patted the bandage and wherever the bullet hole was, and groaned. Yeah, it was probably still lodged in there...somewhere....

Big Mac let out a sigh, as he walked over to a different room, and then came back, with a notepad and a....checkbook, I guess.... He placed it infront of me, and nodded. I took this as a sign to read it, and I hesitantly opened the book first. It was a normal checkbook, but there were many ripped out pages, and there was one page left, one that was billed out for....TWO MILLION BITS?!?! Who's crazy enough to sell THAT MUCH MONEY?! And for what?! my brain purged with pain and anger, mostly against myself. I thought that this was mine, since it had the signature 'Applejack' written in plain letters, right there. I sighed, and put that book down.

I looked to the notepad, and began reading that too. There were lots of notes in there, about multiple different things, like money, gangs, and this 'gun' that keeps getting mentioned in here, as if I had no idea what it was when I actually do know a lot about the word. It's an Equestrian's right to bear arms against others who sought out to use it against another pony's well being, and I knew that very well as I had a million of them in one of the banks I built in manehatten...

Wait, how did I know that?

I only shook it off, probably just my memory coming back to me, which was a good thing, if anything. I kept reading, and when I finished, I learned a lot about myself.

I didn't write a lot, but apparently, I owed some ponies some BIIIIIIG money, and they let me work for it by doing....Well, it's better to not say it....

So now that that was settled, why did Big Mac show me all this? I put down the notepad and looked at him, and he was holding a gun in his mouth. I blinked. Did he know how to even hold a gun? It was a normal revolver, with a small rose surrounding an apple on the side of the handle. That actually looked very familiar.... I was about to ask where he got that marvelous killing machine of a magnum, but there was a sudden knock on the door. I got up, claiming that "I got it" and I calmly trotted over. I opened the door, and I saw two big burly ponies standing over me. "We're lookin' fer an 'Applejack'..." One of them said. I gulped, and Big Mac quickly hid the gun, which was silently fumbled into hiding somewhere. Granny, now interrupted from her nap which I just noticed she was in, quickly woke up, and saw the two burly beasts of ponykind, and began trotting away, walker guiding her forward. She smelled trouble, Big Mac smelled trouble, I smelled trouble...

I was the trouble...

I gulped again, and nodded for the two to come in, putting on a smiling face. "She ain't here right now, ya'll gotta wait here till' she came back...." I said calmly. They seemed to buy it, as they walked inside, ducking to avoid breaking the top of the door. They were really big ponies... Joe and Smhoe, that's what I called 'em.

'Smhoe' was the only one that took a seat, while Joe mumbled to himself in anger. I started walking around, looking for wherever that pistol was that Big Mac hid from those two ponies. "So then, when do you think the boss will get the apple house?" I suddenly heard Smhoe say, quietly to Joe, of course. Yep, these had to be mafia members. I smelled it in the air....kinda...They smelled like dried blood, like they just got out of a recent clothe wash, but forgot to dry their clothes from the bloodbath. I shivered almost as Joe walked up behind me. I just could feel the pervert staring up my body. "I dunno, but when he does, I think I'll take this one for my own..." He said, which made me gulp and I just simply walked away, but he followed me wherever I went.

"Come on boss, let the mare have what's left of her privacy..." said Smhoe, which made me glad he had some common sense for what rights that mares had in Equestria. I had to find that gun...and fast...

But then, Joe thought it was 'polite' to grab onto my flank...
And that's when things went horribly...

Author's Note:

I'm back for more :D

Comments ( 6 )

2382500
No, not what I was intending to do, really. Although that the episode has the hat version instead of the shoes, it was not meant to be that way at all. You see, both Applejack and the mob boss that was in the hat had amnesia, so they don't remember anything in the story...and that doesn't relate to the story "Dead man's shoes" whatsoever. And secondly, Applejack is not wearing the hat at all, yet she's still under control by the mob boss's soul, who just cozied up beside her soul and had a couple of wines, which explains another reason why this has little relation to "Dead man's shoes" and which I guess is why neither one tried to fight each other's soul at the time. So yeah, I just explained a lot of things because you mixed up my story with another story that isn't even fanfiction.... :eeyup:

2382562
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. What I meant by that comment was "is this where you got the idea?" It reminded me a lot of it. I didn't get it "mixed up", I was just comparing how they were kinda similar. :scootangel:

2382584
Oh, no problem!

But hey! You get story explanations! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :pinkiehappy:

Glad to see this back. Very interesting premise. I kept this around even after you 'cancelled' it. I'm glad it was just on hiatus. Welcome back! :ajsmug:

2384841
I kinda had absolutely nothing for this story, until recently, when my brain popped and decided I can handle a third story here. So yeah, bringing it back from retirement :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment