• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 1,368 Views, 16 Comments

A Day in the Life - ADRNEL



A series of short stories that take place over a single 24-hour period.

  • ...
 16
 1,368

05:10~Early To Rise~ (Rarity)

05:10

Carousel Boutique is quiet, dark and empty, except for the sound of running water coming from the bathroom. Inside, Rarity is finishing up her early morning hot shower, she would normally wake up at about 7, but decided to wake up two hours early to get an early start to her busy day. Today, in about 10 hours, a famous fashion designer from Canterlot will visit the boutique to critique her dress designs, and Rarity wants to give herself plenty of time to put the finishing touches to the dresses.

She steps out of the shower and checks herself out in the mirror. "Gorgeous as always, I say." said Rarity to herself, winking at her reflection. She proceeds to dry herself off and begin the long process of styling her hair and putting on her makeup.

After making sure her hair was perfect and ready for the long day, she puts on her robe and slippers and proceeds downstairs to the kitchen to drink her morning coffee.

Normally, she would be reading the newspaper while drinking her coffee, but since today's paper hasn't been delivered yet, she settles for one of her many romance novels.

Her parents are off on vacation for the week, leaving her to take care of her little sister Sweetie Belle for the time being. Rarity makes a mental note to wake her up at 7 to get her ready for school.

While reading her romance novel, she begins to think about the love lives of her friends, hoping to one day play matchmaker for one of them.

Pinkie Pie is too random to find a match for, Rainbow Dash is to proud to accept her help, Fluttershy loves romance, but she almost breaks into nervous hives from just the thought of dating somepony and Applejack will always put the farm and family first. Leaving only Twilight. Rarity makes another mental note to find a match for Twilight soon.

She finishes her coffee and novel just as the clock in the kitchen strikes 6. It is still dark, but sunrise should come about any minute. The only one of her friends awake at this time is Applejack, they always wake up early.

She goes to the refrigerator door to check her schedule for today.

05:00 Wake up
06:00 Begin work on dresses
07:00 Wake up Sweetie Belle, get her ready for school
08:00 Breakfast
08:30 Take Sweetie Belle to school
09:00 Re-start work on dresses
12:00 Break for lunch
15:00 FASHION DESIGNER!!!
17:00 SPA! (with Fluttershy)
19:00 Dinner
20:00 Night out

A busy day ahead.

She immediatly starts thinking of Fluttershy, the only friend of hers that goes to the spa regularly with her. After meeting her for the first time, Rarity made it her life's goal to find a romantic match for the timid and shy pegasus, Rarity loves a challenge. She makes a third mental note to talk to Fluttershy about her love life when they're at the spa together. Although Rarity suspects that she may have a secret crush on a certain red farmer stallion, they do make a great pair, in fact, Big Mac can be matched well not only with Fluttershy, but Twilight and maybe Rainbow Dash.

Rarity goes to the front door to retrieve her paper, it is usually delivered at around this time. She walks outside into the slowly brightening day to find several citizens slowly getting up to get ready for the day. She picks up the paper and reads the headline. "Search for two Ponyville citizens called off!" read the headline.

The article is about the dissapearance of Lyra and Bon Bon about a month ago and how investigators were unable to find any evidence or leads.

Rarity is too shocked to form a response and goes back inside to focus on her busy day. She then turns the "closed" sign to "open", to symbolize the official start of the day.

She takes off her robe and slippers, and puts on her work glasses and sits in front of her sewing machine and begins to work as much as she can before she has to wake her sister up for school.

Outside, Celestia's sun slowly rises as the night becomes day and many of the Ponyville citizens wake up to get started and ready for another work day.

06:30

Author's Note:

Story 5 of 17

Next Story: Celestia's morning routine and the rising of the sun.

Note: All my stories take place in the same continuity and reference each other, but it is not necessery to read them in order to get it.

Also, sorry if there is not much in dialouge yet, but it is only the start of the day and not much happens during this time.