• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 1,368 Views, 16 Comments

A Day in the Life - ADRNEL



A series of short stories that take place over a single 24-hour period.

  • ...
 16
 1,368

05:00~Dreams~ (Spike)

05:00

It is 5 in the morning at Golden Oaks library, both Spike and Twilight are sleeping soundly in their room, not planning on waking up for another two hours today.

Spike, Twilight's assistant, is sleeping in his small bed next to Twilight's bed. He has a big smile on his face, apprently, having a good dream.


In a far away land, a knight is riding his horse to a large castle belonging to the king. He is let into the castle and gets off his horse, which strangely has the same colors as Twilight.

The knight, a big muscular man, marches into the castle and walks into the throne room where King Sirius is waiting for him.

"What is it that you brought me here your majesty." bowed the knight.

The king, a white unicorn with a grey mane and beard walks over to the knight. The king sees that the knight is actually a larger, taller and more muscular version of Spike.

"The wicked witch of the rocks has kidnapped my precious daughter, and I want you, being the most bravest warrior in my kingdom to save her!" announced the king, trying to keep a straight face, not wanting to show emotion for the sake of his subjects.

"And what would be my reward for saving the princess?" asked Spike.

"My daughter's hand in marriage, of course." answered the king, knowing that his daughter would be safe around the brave warrior.

"I will do my best, your majesty, I'll save Princess Rarity and defeat the witch!" announced Spike, he bows one last time and marches out of the castle.

Spike gets on his horse and rides off. "HI HO TWILIGHT, AWAY!" yelled Spike as he rides off.

An hour of riding later, and Spike comes across the old abandoned castle where the wicked witch lives in. "Don't worry princess, I'll save you!" he says to himself.

Inside, at the highest room, in the tallest tower, Princess Rarity is chained up against the wall yelling for help. "Of all the worst possible things! This is THE! WORST! POSSIBLE! THING!" complained the princess.

"Oh, but it will get even more worse!" cackled the witch, who is played by a straight-maned Pinkie Pie. "And soon, I'll make you work the rock mines until your hooves are so damanged, that no pedicure can save them!" gloated the pink witch.

"NOOOOO!!" screamed the princess.

"Stop it right there you wicked witch!" announed a masculine voice. The witch and the princess turn to see Spike standing in the doorway.

"You may be the strongest knight in the kingdom, but you're no match for my reality warping magic!" cackled the witch.

Spike takes out his trusty sword and charges at the witch, while the witch takes out her wand and uses it to blast a beam of magic to turn the sword into a swordfish, causing the witch to laugh uncontrollably. Spike is stunned, but quicly takes the large swordfish and chucks it at the witch. The witch catches it but the force of the throw causes her to loose her balance and walk backwards towards and out the only window in the room, causing her to fall a great height.

Down below, Big Mac is pulling a cart of manure to be used on his farm, when the witch suddenly falls from the sky and lands into the cart. The witch sticks her head out of the manure pile, angry and defeated. "I HATE MANURE!" she exclaimes.

"Eeyup." says Big Mac, agreeing with her, with a smile on his face.

Back at the tower, Spike manages to free Rarity from the chains and they embrace.

"My hero!" lovingly announces Rarity, hearts in her eyes. They then proceed to kiss passionately and get down to the floor.


Back in the real world, Spike now has an even bigger smile on his face. "Oh...Rarity..." mumbles Spike in his sleep.

05:10

Author's Note:

Story 4 of 17

This is the shortest story in this fic. Mostly because it only takes up 10 minutes of the 24 hours.

Next Story: Rarity gets an early start to her busy day.