• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 368 Views, 6 Comments

Lunar Art Acadamy - dragonlover2864



Welcome to Lunar Art Academy! The preferred academy for aspiring artists of all sorts: Painters, writers, singers, game designers. All under the watchful eye of the headmaster, Princess Luna.

  • ...
 6
 368

Graduation

“My friends, we have gathered here today to bid a fond farewell to a dear old friend of ours.” I looked at everypony that had gathered. All with long, worn out faces. All looking back at fond memories, but also looking forward to the future. “What shall we do when this day has ended and tomorrow has begun? Will we mourn what we’ve lost, or go on with our lives and strive to do better than we have in the past?”

A few sniffs of the more emotional ponies were clear in the silent room. I took one last look at my friends. I had known them for so long. Notebook, a light purple unicorn with a pastel pink mane and tail. She had taken her glasses off and was rubbing her eyes. Slendy, my boyfreind of a little over a year and a half. He was, as his name suggested, slender and very tall. He had lost his vision but could see with his magic. The CMC, Sweetie, Scoots, and Apple Bloom. There was shockingly a new set of friends, Sports Star and his marefriend Silverspoon. Then there was me. Confident and always good at speeches. A simple earth pony.

“Goodbye high school, we hardly knew ye.” The room erupted into a mix of reactions. There was some high-hoofing and laughter, mixed in there was some fake crying. Sweetie Belle was actually crying, no surprise there. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were consoling her. Scoots was leaving in the morning to go to Wonder Bolts Acadamy to train as Captain Dash’s apprentice. Sweetie and Apple Bloom were leaving in the next month for Canterlot. They were going to Celestia’s School of Visual and Preforming Arts. Sweetie would be working on her singing career and Apple bloom on her fashion. I didn’t know where Sport and Spoon were going. No doubt Sport got a scholarship for football and Silverspoon would go with him. The normal highschool couple. The jock and the cheerleader. In the middle of this past year, he apologized to Slendy for being such an ass.

And then there was me and Slendy.

We were gathered in my living room. Everypony had stayed the night so we could leave for graduation together.

“Hey Night?” Notebook had lightly grabbed my shoulder. She had a concerned look on her face. “What’s happening with Slen? Is he going to college?”

I looked over at Slendy. I smiled. He wasn’t going to college, no. He showed a great amount of magic. I convinced him to take the entrance exams for Princess Celestia’s School of magic. He not only passed with flying colors but also excelled over the highest possible score. At his exams both princesses were there, watching all the potential students.

He wasn’t going to college for his magic.

The princesses spoke in private and then came to a decision.
~~~~~

“Slendy, could you come here please?” Princess Celestia beckoned Slen to join them where they stood. With measured steps, each filled with the utmost poise, Slendy walked up to the princesses and bowed. Celestia fixed Slendy with a stern, calculating look. Luna smiled kindly down at him.

“Yes my princesses?” Slendy looked up at them both, making Celestia smile, and Luna’s own smile widened.

“Slendy. Though you have shown powers stronger than any before you, I’m afraid you will not be able to attend my school, nor any others for magic.”

Slendy straightened from his bow, his ears falling along with his hopes. “I’m sorry your majesties. I’ll take my leave now.” He bowed and turned away.

Luna placed her hoof on Slendy’s shoulder. “However,” Slendy turned towards her. “I have been looking for an apprentice. Somepony that I may teach and train to help with night time affairs, such as raising stars and many other important tasks. I need somepony strong willed, strong hearted, and, of course, having strong powerful magic. I know you will be more than perfect.”
~~~~

Notebook looked at me. “I had no clue! Wait, does is mean you two won’t see each other anymore?”

I shook my head. “No that’s the best part! Luna is the headmaster of the college, she’s there all the time. Which means...” I smiled triumphantly.

“Awesome! When were you leaving? Did you wanna take the train?”

“I don’t know. But I’m leaving in a week. You?”

“A week also. Can’t believe we were both accepted! I’m gonna be the greatest writer ever!”

Once Note had stopped laughing mentally, I agreed “Buck yeah you are! Can’t wait to start music 101 and animation classes.”

Notebook and I high-hoofed as my mother came into the room.

Oh boy.

“Hey dumb-bucks! Get your flanks in motion or else your gonna miss your own graduation.” Always the blunt pony, my mother.

“Miss Scratch, my favorite mare!” Sport threw his arm around my mother. “We were just about to leave, right everypony?” Most of the ponies nodded. I only face-hoofed. “Thank you for the hospitality ma’am, and might I say, your plot looks fantastic this morning!”

My mother and I simultaneously swung our hooves him. He dodged them of course.

Vinyl shook her head. “See if I ever let you or your friends in to my club. You’ll just have to party elsewhere.” My mother was the famous Vinyl Scratch, better known as DJ PON-3, the greatest DJ in all of Equestria.

The CMC asked my mother "Will 'Tavi be playing at the ceremony?"

To my surprise, she said no. Aunt Octy will be in the crowd with my mother. The have a local DJ to preform all of the live music.

"Gee, wonder who that could be" I hugged my mother “See ya at the ceremony. Better leave before Sport gets his rump romped.” Another squeeze and we took out the front door.

Sport sauntered out singing “Night Glow's mom has got it goin’ on! She’s all I want and I’ve waited for so lon-” Slendy’s hoof was shoved right in Sports mouth.

“Shut the buck up.”