• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 1,105 Views, 61 Comments

Slender 'dawn of a new nightmare' - XenoJohn

  • ...
10
 61
 1,105

Prologue chapter 2

Chapter 2

My first fight with her

Later that night
I found a small cabin near a lake. I wasn't is the Ever-Free forest anymore but I am now in a quite smaller and safer forest. Rainbow Dash wouldn't last a day in the Ever-Free forest. As I get closer to the cabin it looked abandoned.
I looked at the sleeping Rainbow Dash and whispered.
Looks like its our lucky day eh Rainbow? I asked but I know I wont get an answer from a sleeping filly.
I opened the entrance to the cabin and entered.
I looked at my surroundings. The place was mostly empty but there is some furniture left around. I carefully settled the sleeping Rainbow Dash on a couch in the living room. There was a small blanket on the couch.
I tucked her in and I continued to look around the place.

There seems to be some furniture and windows. There is a bathtub and shower. I don't need to shower or bath I don't really have any sent of smell so I don't need to bother with hygiene.
There is a kitchen and everything here. But the place has cobwebs, dusty places, and stuff that's just plane disgusting.
This place only needs corpses hanging on the walls, some of their organs placed on furniture-What am I thinking!?

I have a sleeping baby with me! She is way too young to see the look of mutilation! But I've seen mutilation in the most gruesome fashion. But I didn't even care about that. I just thought it was funny how my victims were brutally murdered, and they had a slow painful death.

I only do that when I hunt prey. I don't think that I will have much time to hunt with Rainbow Dash.
Maybe I'll take her to a school where Pegasi go to. 'Flight school' Yeah I think that's what they call it.
But for now I will spend the night with my daughter.

***

Six years later

My daughter has been most changing experience in my life. She has showed me of being on a path of being a cruel monster who doesn't care for anything or anyone is a bad path. But she doesn't know that.

I still hunt at night. I know it's not right but when I hunt. It's the only thing I care about. It's the only thing I think about.
But when I think about Rainbow Dash...


I just stop and walk away...


If I didn't had that hunger it would be a successful task...

That hunger is what I need to stay alive. Without feeding I would die.
But I have been cheating death for so long that death is something that doesn't need to be a thing to be feared.

If my daughter ever found out that I have a never ending lust to kill...


I don't know what she would do...I know that in my dark heart that it will never happen.
But in my corrupt mind it will happen.



But I'm not sure when...

She said she hates monsters. She doesn't like how their evil, mean, blood firsty killers. I am all of that.
I didn't care at first...Until that beautiful moment that changed my life of damnation. I try to forget the past things that I've done I try to forget my hunger.
But if the hunger calls for me I usually try to think about pleasant things, except murder and death. I just think about that stuff and keep it berried.
But sometimes I can't control it. Sometimes it takes control of my free will and forces me to hunt. But sometimes I can control it sometimes it goes away for about months.

Then sometimes it comes back a bit stronger. But I figure ways to weaken it and continue to move on raising Rainbow Dash. Sometimes my hunger tries to make me feed on my daughter. But I'll never let that happen.
My hunger used to be something I actually relied on. I used to think that because of it I am unable to be greeted with the grim reaper. That was the ONLY thing that cared about.
Now my hunger is an enemy to me. It struggles to make me that monster on a never ending hunt to feed off the fear of everything in Equestria.

But I have something that I truly care for. Something that tamed the demon deep inside of me. Because of her I can take control of my life. And give her a life to complete.

But I fear that my hunger will one day come back. But stronger than before that it will take permanent control of me and hunt anything in my way.

And kill my daughter. But I wont let that happen, I will make sure that will never happen.




"DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" My daughter said while bursting through the door.
Rainbow Dash slow down! Now what is that you want to tell me?
"I got to see the WonderBolts!"
Was it good?
"Good? You mean down right awesome!!"
Good. I'm glad that you had a good time.
"Good time? I had the time of my life! One day I'll join the WonderBolts and be as awesome as them!"
Ok then...If you want to be like them you have to finish flight school and-
"And get an education blah! blah! blah! That kind of boring stuff..."
I'm surprised that she already knows that in such a young age.
"And uh dad?"
What is it sweet heart?
"I really want to know why you are really tall. And you have...No face..."
Well that's uh-
"And that strange cutie mark-"
She paused and stared at my cutie mark.
What is it Dash whats wrong?
"Oh wait I don't...H-Have o-one..."
Dash whats wrong? Please tell me.
"I'm a good for nothing blank! The kids at flight school all have their cutie marks! Why don't I have one!?"
She started to cry.
She easily gets upset when something reminds her that she is a blank.
Don't say that!
"Then why I keep telling you that I get laughed at every time at school!?"
Because they are just jerks! Don't let them bother you about something that isn't important!
"It is important! Cutie Marks is suppose to be something that tells you that you are special at something! How can you say that!?"
But Rainbow-
"Thanks dad for ruining the rest of the best day of my life! Oh wait, I NEVER REALLY HAD THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE AT ALL!! I HATE YOU!!"
She started to sob and ran to her room.

Me and my none existent mouth.
Why does she even worry about cutie marks they are just some useless mark that appears on your flank that tells you that your special.
Wait...

They are the utmost important thing in Equestria...
In Equestria many of the impossible can be done. Why should I even say that? If I were to say that thing about cutie marks to my daughter she would never love me again.
Why am I so fed up about cutie marks anyways? Oh yeah my cutie mark. I don't remember getting it but I always knew about cutie marks. My cutie mark wasn't special at all. It only has my marker I leave in my old home the Ever-Free forest.
That's why I'm like this to cutie marks.

Sometimes her attitude can go a little bit too far. Sometimes when a conflict is happening she sometimes gets straight into being sad or angry. That's a problem with her attitude. I had been seeing her give me notes from teachers from her flight school complaning about her attitude. And questions of why I don't come to their school for parent meetings and ect.
And I don't want to get into fights with Rainbow Dash. I make sure that I rarely have fights with her. Sometimes a fight for me can come into yelling then later one of us will have their organs all over the place. That's why I don't want to have fights with her.
If I have a fight with her I'll make sure that it ends before shit happens.

I walk my way upstairs to my daughters bedroom in the cabin.
She hears me come upstairs.
"D-Don't come in!" She said through half a sob
Instead of opening the door I make my way with something that I use to use when I stalk my victims.
I am already in her room.

"Get out! I want you to go away you freak!"
I just stud there even though she called me what I am...
A freak.
I just stud there silent. Just starring at her as she looks at me with rage and hate. I can even smell her new rage and hatred for me.
"Please get out freak! You ruined my life!"
Again I just stud there as silence filled the room.
I finally spoke.
But Rainbow-
"TODAY WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE WITH THE WONDERBOLTS!!! AND YOU RUINED IT!!"
RAINBOW DASH PLEASE!! I yelled at my daughter in anger.
I felt fear come into her. As the fear came static came into her vision ringing played with her hearing.
As I felt that happening I realized what I was doing to her.

In panic I was able to stop my awful hunger. As it used half of my frustration on her to feed on my own daughter.
I looked at her.
She was terrified of me. I nearly murdered my own daughter! That is the most worst thing imaginable!
R-Rainbow? I said in worry
She just froze there on her bed horrified by me. What have I done?
I-I am s-
"AAAHHH!!!" She screamed at me if she were being attacked by a monster. A monster is what I am because it is my fault that this is happening to me. She has a good reason to fear me now.
Rainbow I'm-
"AAAHH!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!"
She crawled further away from me on her bed.
Rainbow Dash please just calm d-
"AAAHHH! IT'S TRYING TO KILL ME!!!"
No, No it's ok I'm sorry!
"AAAHHH!!! THERE'S A MONSTER TRYING TO KILL ME!!"
PLEASE RAINBOW I DIDN'T MEAN TO!!
"PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!! I WANT TO LIVE!!!"
I DON'T WANT TO KILL Y-
"AAAHHH!!! I AM GOING TO DIE!!!"
NO PLEASE STOP TALKING LIKE THAT JUST CALM DOWN!!
"NO! NO! NO! I AM GOING TO DIE! I AM GOING TO DIE!"
YOUR NOT GOING TO DIE!! JUST LISTEN!!
"I'M GOING TO DIE! I'M GO-"
My tentacles came from my back and grabbed her. She screamed her loudest as they picked her up and moved her closer to me.
"AAAHHH!!!"
Please just calm down so I can talk please!
She screamed again and she closed her eyes and cringed for her final breath.
She breathed heavily for a minute then felt something as if it were hugging her. I was doing that to her.
Even though I can never show expressions on my featureless face, I still sounded as if I were crying.
She opened her eyes and looked up at me.
Rainbow Dash I am sorry for what I did to scare you! I promised myself that I will never do that to you! I will never kill you! Not ever would I even lay a hoof on you. So Celestia help me that I never will!
I'll never say those things about cutie marks! I know how important they are to you. What you said about me being a freak and a monster I am both of them! I know that you hate monsters but I am a monster! I am one of those blood first killers that you call a monster! I'm sorry Rainbow Dash!
I love you! And I will always will! No matter what happens I'll always be your father who loves and cares for you!

She blinked some tears from her eyes as she looked at my featureless face. She couldn't tell if I were crying. Even back when we met when I first brought her into this cabin I wanted to smile but I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't. I even wanted to smile at her when I first saw her flying like a pro.
I was the happiest father that I can ever be.

Silence filled the room.
"D-Dad?" She said sobbingly
She joined the hug that I was giving her.
"I'm so sorry for saying all that stuff to you! I didn't know what I was thinking I-" I put my hoof on her mouth to interrupt her before she can continue.
It's ok. I know how you dislike it when I say that stuff about cutie marks. And what I did to you earlier is a thing that I hoped that I will never use again.
But I guess I was wrong. I am also sorry if I had really did ruin you day.
"No... You didn't...I was just angry that you said that...But still why do you look like that?"
I first looked at a bedroom window near her bed. Then looked back to her.

The sun is setting.

It's getting late...Maybe tomorrow I'll tell you of what I know about what I am. Ok?
"Ok..." She said while closing her eyes.
I picked her up and tucked her into her bed.

Goodnight Rainbow... I'll see you in the morning. I petted her on the head and turned of the bedroom light.
I looked again at Rainbow Dash.

Fast asleep.
I opened the door and gently closed it.

I went to the roof and looked at Celestia's moon.

Ah life! You can bring wonders into my heart!


End of chapter 2