• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 576 Views, 17 Comments

Letters to a Pony - Resurgent Wanderer



A collection of 'Friendship Reports'

  • ...
2
 17
 576

A.J.'s Letter

Spike had just gotten home from an annoying day. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had just spent the past ten minutes harassing him and Applebloom because they were dating but he was a dragon. Punching the door in frustration, it gave the young drake the chance to notice that the mail was in.

Pulling out the mail Spike noticed that one of the letters was larger and just different. He also remembered that Twilight always seemed happier after reading them. Curiosity getting the better of him, Spike opened up the letter and began to read it.

~^~Dear Twilight Sparkle,~^~

It's me again, and I just want to say, even if you don't read these letters, I'm happy to think that you might. It's a good release sometimes. Anyway, got a new letter for you from another friend! Here it is!

Dear Twilight Sparkle today I learned that friends come in many different sizes, colours, personalities, etc. We are all different but those differences can be set aside if we care about each other and enjoy each others company. I have known this for a while, but I suddenly felt it take a huge effect this week at my high school. I have met so many new friends, We are all different yet we have made bonds more powerful then anything in this world. It happened when I was talking to two of my friends, one likes a certain thing that i like as well but the other doesn't. The difference seems small, but the in this world, the thing that we like could cause a lot of ridicule. Yet the 3 of us all hang out with each other. we even make fun of stuff we like just for fun. Its nice to know that a strong bond between 3 totally different ponies, can make them the closest. Just some food for thought or something. -A.J.

Liked this one a lot, because its true. It doesn't matter your size, shape, colour, appendages, or species. We all have the ability to to get along, we just have to be open to it. As for those that call you out for your differences? Well, they don't matter, and chances are, they're just jealous.

You know, I think I get as much out of these as you do Twilight. Have a great whatever length of time you've got til you see my next letter!

~^~Your Faithful Students,
Filly Angel and A.J.~^~

Spike was smiling as he finished the letter, and he gave a look down at his slightly sore claw before a big grin creased his draconian visage. The letter writers were right, it didn't matter if he was different, as long as those he cared for cared for him in return. Just as he turned to enter the library Twilight opened the door to find him holding her open letter. Before she could voice her thoughts though, Spike smiled at her and proffered the letter.

"Hey Twi, if you can, tell your student thank you for me, they taught me something just now."

Author's Note:

Yay another letter, and introductions of other characters.

Really enjoying these, hope you guys are too.