• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 576 Views, 17 Comments

Letters to a Pony - Resurgent Wanderer



A collection of 'Friendship Reports'

  • ...
2
 17
 576

Letter Zero

Twilight had just brought her mail in from the mailbox when she spotted it. It was an envelope slightly larger than the rest and seemed to draw her eyes to it. Figuring that'd she'd have to open it eventually the unicorn deftly opened the letter and began to read it.

~^~Dear Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic, Faithful Student of Celestia,and one of my personal heroes~^~

I would like to start by introducing myself. While I have personally gone through many titles, some given, some taken, some unwanted, and some made by myself, I will introduce myself as The Filly Angel. Anyway, down to business. I will first assure you that you are not being stalked in any way, nor have I been through your mail.

That being said, I know that you send friendship reports to Princess Celestia every time you learn something new. I...envy your position. Not the position of power, but of the friends and the atmosphere. The sense of family and belonging. I envy you because of what you manage to have. Anyway, moving on, knowing that you sent friendship reports, it got me thinking, 'Couldn't I send them too?' I though, can't get my letters to Celestia, so I guess the main point of this letter is to ask if you would mind reading these when you get them and being my 'Princess Celestia'.

It would also be cool if occasionally when I sent one in and it was, say, a Loyalty based letter, maybe you could have Rainbow Dash check it out.

Finally, while i can contact you, you while be unable to contact me. Therefore I will always send my letters in the same envelope. If you wish to continue reading them, then that's great, but if not, feel free to throw them into the fire.

Now to my second main point, my actual lesson for this letter.

Twilight Sparkle, I have learned that you can never truly understand just how strong or deep our actions will run in the rivers of life. That while you yourself may not realize it, your actions can directly influence of those a lifetime away. That your hope, kindness, loyalty, honesty, generousity, and laughter can reach out and touch someone who might not have ever experienced it and bring them a many smiles, tears of joy, and the chance to go out and make new friends, and not be alone.

Therefore, everypony should do their best to be the best friend they can be to everypony they meet, because they never know who they could reach out and touch.

~^~Your eager new student
The Filly Angel~^~

Twilight read and reread the letter three or four times as tears lifted into her eyes. They weren't sad though, it was knowing that some how, somewhere, was a pony that she had helped. That the magic of friendship really was that powerful. The unicorn used her magic to duplicate the letter she'd received before she withdrew a quill and a scroll for herself.
"Spike, I'm about to have a letter for you to send to the Princess!"

Author's Note:

So yeah, not much there, but that isn't the point.

Anyway, since Meta stories are banned, I settled with the callsign Filly Angel, which I've taken to using on numerous occasions.

Waht I'm hoping to do with this is get the whole community involved, then showcase them at a conventiong or something like how the Massive Smile project was, just a giant collaboration. I'm hoping to get a lot of you guys out there behind this, and I really do hope it works!