• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 578 Views, 17 Comments

Letters to a Pony - Resurgent Wanderer



A collection of 'Friendship Reports'

  • ...
2
 17
 578

F.A's and G.D.'s Letter

Twilight was once again going out to get the mail. Ever since that last letter from Fill Angel, and after Celestia said she thought Twilight would benefit from receiving her own letter.

As the mare flipped her box open, she quickly found that a letter, same envelope as the first, was in her box. Dropping all her other mail, the mare tore her new letter open and unfolded the report.

~^~Dear Twilight Sparkle,~^~

Filly Angel again. You know, I was talking to a friend a while back, G.D., and he noted that he liked something most ponies like him(male, teenager) wouldn't be a fan of, but he was. It wasn't anything major or detrimental, just a thing he enjoyed. Anyway more to the point, he noted that his father didn't approve and threatened to kick him out should it ever be brought up by him again.

This made me realize that there was a lesson to be found in this.

You see G.D. isn't the only one who enjoys said thing that you wouldn't be a fan of, but instead there are a number of us, including myself, that enjoy the series. It made me realize that we as a group need to stand beside and support each other that much more, because if we don't, then how can we call eachother friends?

On top of that, it taught me that we have to be ourselves and support each other in the endeavour. Sure, Rarity can be a drama queen, Fluttershy can be frustratingly shy at times, Pinkie can drive everypony up the wall, Rainbow and Applejack can be stubborn, and you can get a little OCD at times, but that's what make you girls who you are, and you never stop supporting one another! In that, we have to strive to accept each others differences and love them for it regardless.

One more thing before this gets wrapped up.

Distance doesn't matter when it comes to friendship. Ever.

~^~Your faithful students
Filly Angel and G.D~^~

Twilight grinned, thinking about how different her and the girls really were, and how much she really did love them all. Then she thought about how even when distance had split them physically, theirs bonds never changed. Lifting up her dropped mail, Twilight readied her newest letter whilst duplicating her new friendship report.

Finally, once all was said and done, she realized that this might be a good letter to share with Lyra and Bon Bon and Vinyal and Octavia. Perhaps they could use the encouragement.