• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 1,203 Views, 6 Comments

The Adventures of Nova Class - FlutterYuu



My OC pony's story and adventures in and out of Ponyville

  • ...
 6
 1,203

The Nova Class Tapes Part 1

Chapter One

The Nova Class Tapes Part 1


[Static]

...[Recording]...

[Is this thing even on? Alpha can you please check this thing?
[Sound of hooves coming closer]
Well the red light is on isn't it?
How am I suppose to know! Your the tech wiz not me!
Hey don't get snappy. I'm just trying to help.... By the way what are you doing with that tape recorder?
Well what do you think I'm doing?
Umm playing with things you don't know about so you can act-
Okay! I get it! I'm not playing with it. I'm telling my story up to the point we are in now.
Why would you do that?
Cuz all the awesome ponies do it. Everypony must know of Nova Class!!!
Your yelling again.
SHUT UP!! Now leave me to..... record?!?
Fine fine just be careful what you say on that thing.
[Whisper]
Its not like anypony is going to come across these tapes. Plus you said yourself I need to talk about the recent events that came to pass. So that's what I'm doing.
[Back to normal voice]
Now like I said leave me.
Okay I'm leaving.
[Sound of hooves walking away]

Okay lets try this again. My name is Nova Class. I'm a mare and a pegasi. I used to live in a town in the flat lands called "Winter's Garden". First thing is first, if anypony is really listening to this, you must hear the truth.


It was on the day of the Summer's Sun Celebration. Everypony was talking about it. I on the other hand didn't see the big deal was about. We did this every year, it wasn't as special to me as it was the rest of the town. I was walking home to my parents house. It was vary big but also vary welcoming.

When I put my keys down on the counter I heard a big bang. "It must be another experiment" I said. You see my brother, Alpha Class, was a scientist and a unicorn. He would do the most craziest things and some how succeed. His motto is "It hasn't been done because no one's tried it".


Before I continue the story you must know one thing. I used to be a stallion. Now calm down with your questions I'm answering now in a minute.


My brother usually worked in the basement so that's where I went.

"Hey dude! What are you doing?" I said.

"Bro, I'm doing something totally awesome!!! Come! Look at this!" said Alpha.

When I walked up I saw one peeved looking hummingbird. I wondered what Alpha had done to anger the little filly.

"Ummm. That's one angry bird. Don't you know hummingbirds are the ninjas of the bird race."

"That's just something that you made up.

"Nope, Eagle Eye told me so."

"What does Eagle Eye know about birds?"

"Ummm Everything. It is his special talent,"

"Oh right. But I didn't bring you here so we can argue. Look its a female hummingbird."

Okay now Alpha has cracked. "I see that. What's so special about that?"

"Its suppose to be a male!" He was now in the most filly mode any stallion can get to.

"Umm are you sure?"

"Yes when I picked him up he was a male! Now come over here."

We walked to this machine that was pointing straight to the hummingbird.

"This is my newest project! The Transgender Module!!!"

"Why in Celestia's name would you make something like that."

"Well duh. To get in the fillies room."

[Facehoove] "That's why you decided to put stupid tests on little unsuspecting animals?"

"Don't worry I'll change him back. I borrowed it from a mare in a small town. I forgot her name. I think it was Flutterspy or something like that." Just then a huge ray came out of the contraption hitting the hummingbird and making him a male again. He looked more happier then he has ever been in his life.

"Okay Alpha. We need to talk. Making stupid things is your thing but-"

"Bro we can talk in my new tea room."

"Tea room?"

"Yep figured I needed breaks and whats breaks without tea."

"You have a point." We walked to his new 'tea room' of which looked like all of his lab rooms but I dismissed it knowing how he didn't have any artistic views.

"Oh My Gosh!! I had for gotten to bring the tea! I'll come right back." He left quickly before I could get a word in.

"Gesh, what's his problem." I waited until I heard an unfamiliar sound or should I say unfamiliar from where I stand. If I know any better I should be on the other side of this wall here. Oh! And there goes the opening. Should I be running? Maybe I should. I quickly stood up thinking I had enough time to get out and kick his flank for trying to experiment on me, but that was a wrong move to make. A flash of light hit me out of nowhere. I was blinded before I could hear the zapping sound. Magic coerced though my body making me scream bloody murder. It hurt like hay. The pain was unbearable a few seconds after it stopped I blacked out.


I could still remember the day vividly. I didn't wake up until the news of the new Elements of Harmony. [small laugh] Yup I could still hear the squeals of joy from my room...


"Woohoo!!! Yay!!! The Princess is back!!!", they all cheered, "The sun is up!!!"

"Uuuggghhhh" I moaned. "Can't they keep it down" I put they pillow over my head in attempt to go back to sleep. Wait? Sleep? I picked my head up. If I didn't know any better, I should be either dead or in the hospital. Not in my room. I looked around MY room. The bookcase filled with all my favorite books, the dresser where I keep my cloths (which is not much), my hat rack, my desk, my T.V., and my bed where I lay.

This was all odd. The cheering still was happening down stairs. So I decided to get up and get dressed for the big event that was happening down there. Grabbed my coat, put on my favorite baronet, and went down stairs.

When I found everyone they where reading the paper. That's when I saw Alpha, and his expression changed from ecstatic to horrific. "Hey everypony!! What's the occasion?" I smiled, until everypony looked at me like they have just seen a ghost. I tried to smile but I think I was failing. So I asked, "What's wrong?" They all just stared, even though they knew how much I hated being the center of attention. To tell you the truth I don't handle attention well. I stared to tear up no matter how hard I tried to it in.

Some ponies started to look away knowing that's what usually calmed me down but other ignored the sighs. Next thing I knew I was laying on the floor with my hooves over my eyes and sobbing. Never have I felt so embarrassed. The only thing I could choke out was "Why is everypony looking at me?" That's when I felt my back being rubbed by hooves. I peaked to see who it was, of course it was my brother. He knew of this fault of mine and knew how to calm me down without ignoring me.

"Hey can you all stop staring at him. Nova doesn't know what's going on he even dressed his best." Some ponies blinked, some grunted, others blushed not knowing they had upset the colt.

Her father. Astro Class, walked up to me and patted me on the head like he always did. "Calm down Nova. It's okay, but I must ask" I looked up at him kinda confused, "Why are you a mare?" My eyes were wide. Mare? Did father just say mare? No that can't be. There's no way. But now it all made since. The zapping was the Transgender Module. Me waking up in my room with the blinds closed, wait I just noticed that? Never mind! Everypony staring at me as if they seen a ghost!

I started to back up as my father realized I truly didn't know of my change. Alpha was looking... looking at me with pity. But before I could build up the anger needed to move forward I hit something like glass. Not wanting anything to break I quickly turned. But all that was there was a mare.

We stared at each other for about five minutes, until I try to look behind her seeing a familiar pair of eyes behind her. But when I move she moves too as if shes trying to get a look behind me too. It took me awhile to figure out this is no mare, but me. I touched my face to see if it were true. Looked down at my hooves seeing they weren't... big anymore. My mane & tail were longer. Most likely due to the effects of that damn machine. I turned around now more angrier then ever.

"Hey bro we can talk about this." Alpha started to back up knowing what I was going to do. Father backed out of the way.

"We can talk. Let me go first." I said without emotion. "Lets talk about how I woke up in my bed and not in the lab. Or how you got away with this!" I pointed at myself. "Until I came down here looking my best for a bucking event I don't even know about!"

Alpha looked apologetic, "I'm sorry colt."

"That's all you have to say!?! Sorry?!? Do you think for one second your going to get away with this?" He was on a wall hesitant to move.

"I'm sorry is all I can say."

I was in his face now. "Well I have something you can do." I quickly pulled my hoove back and slapped him across the face.

"You slapped me?" genuinely confused.

"Well yeah I did. Now can you reverse this!"

He looked around, "We should talk about this later."

I was going to slap him again until my hoove was pulled back. "Now Stop With That!" my father boomed. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. I don't know why I was so emotional but I was.

"But-"

"No buts!" my father cut off. "Nova, calm down. There is no need to make a scene especially not like this." I looked around to see everypony stare at me. "Now we have a party to get back to. Nova. Alpha. We will discuss this later." I nodded my head. I was still angry. I was clenching my teeth before I took a big breath and tried to calm down.

That's when a question entered my head. "Father, what's the party for anyway?" He looked at me before confused before his eyes became gentle again.


After that father explained what happened in Ponyville. How Nightmare Moon had crashed the celebrations and how Princess Celestia's star pupil Twilight Sparkle and some ponies from Ponyville defeated her and became Elements of Harmony. After the party, we started talking...


"Okay now that everyone's gone" said my mother, Aqua Class. "Alpha, why is Nova a mare?" Our parents were looking between both of us. So Alpha told us that he was thinking that he had to test another pony before he tested it on himself and I was the closest pony.

"And after I tested Nova to see if he was okay. I recorded that the test was successful, and began to change him back.... until." He looked at me. "I'm truly sorry Nova. When I checked the machine it was completely destroyed and there was no way of fixing it." I was stunned.

"Are you sure? Can't you rebuild it?" I asked.

"No. I built the Transgender Module off of pure genus. I don't even have the parts anymore, nor did I ever make the blueprints. I can't build it again."

"That's Horseapples!!" I yelled "YOU KNOW YOU CAN MAKE IT AGAIN!!! YOU KNOW IT!!"

"No I can't."

"STOP SAYING THAT!!

"I'm sorry"

"I DON'T GIVE A BUCK!! CHANGE ME BACK!!!"


That conversation went on for another three hours, until father told us to stop fighting. For three days Alpha tried all he could to rebuild the machine, but was unsuccessful. I didn't talk to him for the next month. But after the three days I had to adjust to a mares life style. It was hard but I did get a lot of shit over it. After 3 months me and Alpha decided to go to Manehatten...


"Father." I said.

He looked up from his study. "Yes, Nova" He looked and saw Alpha behind me. "Oh! Hello to you too Alpha. What bring you too here." He walked away from the telescope he was looking through and put down the recordings.

"Father me and Alpha want to move to Manehatten." he stopped in his tracks. We have never once lived outside the house or even though about moving out before this.

"What do you mean? You guys lived here all your life, why move now?" He looked pained.

"Father, you know why. All of our family has said I and Alpha are a disgrace to the family name, the Class name." There are only two pony names in Equestria, the Class family and the Apple family. Our families are the largest in Equestria. We run vary far into the history of Equestria. "We need to distance ourselves, we need to find somewhere where no one knows this happened, and we have little family in Manehatten. So we thought we would go there. Its a new place and we can always get a job."

"Are you really moving out?" Mother asked as she walked into the room with tears in her eyes.

I couldn't even look at her. "Yes." I simply said.

Mother was standing next to father now. He rubbed her back as she shed tears a little. Then she looked up at the both of us with determination in her eyes. "Well if this is your choice. We won't stop you."

"What!?!" exclaimed my father.

"Now, now honey. It seems our boys have made their decision." She walked up to the both of us. She looked at me. "Now Nova you know that they will view you as a mare outside this town." I didn't want to believe it but I knew, so I nodded my head. "Good. Don't get your mane in a bunch when colts hit on you." I blushed. She hugged me. "Before you go I have to go I have to make a call to my brother. He lives in Manehatten and I will have to tell him how much you've changed."

"You will do that for me mom?" I asked.

"Of course. I taught you everything you need to know about being a mare." She looked at Alpha. "Alpha you have to protect.." she hesitated, "You have to protect your bigger sister now. She is not capable in this condition to protect herself. I know Nova has always protected you but now you have to protect her." We looked at each other. She looked at both of us with caring eyes. She hugged us and whispered, "I Love You Both."


After that mother wanted time with father alone. She made the calls the following day. She explained to us that Uncle Gamma will meet us at the train stop. We said our goodbyes the next day. It was the hardest time for our little family. Even if we were going to see other family. I still remember the day I left home. It was so bright, so clear, so full of hope. It was the saddest day of my life. It was also the beginning.

Well faithful listeners I must take my leave. If I stay down here too long Twilight might catch me saying something I don't want anypony to hear. Till Next Time!!!

...[Recording]...

...[Static]...

...[Stop]...

I yawned. It was time to sleep. "I better go upstairs" I said to no pony in particular.

[Hoofsteps]

WHOA!!! LOOK OUT!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

[Stumbling down stairs]

...

[Loud Crash]

You guys better not be messing up my lab!!

Tell That To Alpha!!

... Sorry...