• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 4,542 Views, 135 Comments

The Revenge of the Sombranian Cult - The Abyss



Rainbow Dash finally decides to confess her feelings to the mare she loves, Twilight, but the Sombranian Cult has other plans.

  • ...
44
 135
 4,542

The Calm before the Storm

A few hundred miles away, the five of them reappeared with a sudden and deafening bang deep underground, right in the main chamber of the cult.

“Garath, Zeo, take these three and lock them away; I need to rest.” Mordronous panted as he left his companions. He made his way out of the main chamber towards his master’s private quarters, hoping to get an audience with him. As he rounded the corner, he saw his lord’s closed door come into view. Walking up to it, he knocked on it loudly, the sounds of his hoof beating the door echoing throughout the small, dimly-lit tunnel. The door was yanked open moments later, revealing his lord.

“Welcome back, Mordronous. I take it your mission went well?” Lord Anthautu asked menacingly as he allowed the unicorn to enter his quarters. Closing the door behind him, he tapped his hoof on the ground as he impatiently waited for his right-hoof pony to respond.

Mordronous bowed to his master before speaking. “Yes, my master, I have attained the dragon along with two of his friends, the famous unicorn, Twilight Sparkle, and the pegasus, Rainbow Dash.”

Lord Anthautu’s eye’s widened at that last bit of news; he had not expected to be brought two of the precious Elements of Harmony. “You have done well, my son. We shall sacrifice those who laid our beloved King low, and bring him back to the land of the living…”

“Indeed we shall, father… Indeed we shall...”

“Alrighty, in ya go you stupid sacks of fur!” Zeo exclaimed as he tossed Twilight and Rainbow inside an empty cell. Locking the door, he heard Garath do the same with Spike’s enclosure down another passageway. “You good?” he yelled down the hallway as he locked the two mares inside the cell.

“Yeah, I’m good. The dragon is secured!” Garath yelled back. “What about the other two?” Upon not hearing a response, he made his way back to his friend. Moments later, he came around the corner to find him staring hungrily at the two mares still under the influence of the sleep spell. “Why- why are you looking at them like that?” he asked apprehensively.

“It’s been a while since I’ve been with a mare…” Zeo said hungrily, staring at the rainbow-maned mare.

“Absolutely bucking not! You aren’t going to have your way with these helpless mares; I won’t allow it!” Garath said, taking a defensive stance between the cell and his horny friend.

“But why no-”

“NO!” Garath yelled, leaving no room for a rebuttal, unknowingly waking the two mares. “Walk away, Zeo, I’m warning you!”

“Okay, okay, sheesh…” Zeo backed down; he’d never seen his friend act like this before. “I was just joking…”

“And why don’t I believe you?” Garath asked, pushing his friend down the passageway roughly. “Now come on, let’s get out of here before they wake up; the spell should wear off any moment now.”

“They aren’t gonna go anywhere, not with what we have set up in the cell...” Zeo muttered as they trotted back to the main chamber, leaving their prisoners all alone.

A few minutes later, Twilight woke up. “Ugh… my head…” She groaned as she sat up in the near pitch blackness, a lone torch at the end of the passageway providing a small modicum of light. Letting her eyes become adjusted to the darkness, she felt around with her hooves, eventually coming across the still form of somepony.

“Rainbow, is that you?” She whispered softly, poking the pony laying before her with a hoof. “Wake up, I need you!”

“Wha… Ow, my head…” Rainbow grumbled as she slowly woke up. Rubbing her head with a hoof, she groaned as she felt a nicely-sized lump on the left side of her face. “Did we get Spike back?”

“No, we didn’t…”

“I– Wait, what are those things up there?” Rainbow wearily pointed up at the roof of their cell. Twilight craned her head up and noticed that there were a series of pipes with odd-looking star-shaped devices every foot or so.

“Those… those look like sprinklers,” Twilight responded as she stood up to get a better look at them. But just as she placed her forehooves on the bars of their cell, the sprinklers activated, coating them in a sickly sweet-smelling mist. Panicking, Twilight took in large gulps of air, unknowingly breathing in a lot of the sedative. “Rainb–” She started coughing uncontrollably as she tried to find Rainbow in the dark.

Seeing Twilight in distress hurt Rainbow. She stood up calmly, already feeling the effects of the sedative. She quickly pulled Twilight into a firm hug and whispered into her ear, “Twi, I’m here…” She gave a small yawn as the two of them suddenly slumped to the floor, feeling terribly sleepy. “I’ll never leave you, I promise…” And with that, they were out.

The next three days passed with them drifting in and out of consciousness. Whenever Twilight woke up, she found that she was still too paralyzed to move, but that wasn’t the part that interested her the most. What she did find interesting was the fact that she found herself in Rainbow’s embrace. One of her wings was wrapped around her at all times, and Rainbow had laid a hoof over her shoulder, keeping her close and making her feel safe. Well, as safe as they could be in a situation like this.

Since the only thing that she could do was think, she had spent the last couple of days thinking back to when Mordronous had accused Rainbow of loving her. She felt conflicted, mainly because Rainbow had said ‘yes’ at first, and then had tried to cover up her feelings by saying ‘no’ immediately afterwards. Twilight wasn’t sure what to think, or even what to feel, but there was still something nagging at her, trying to push her to come to a conclusion, one that she was nervous to make.

Hearing the sprinklers come on again, she glanced up just in time to see the mist sink down onto them, making her lose consciousness once more.