• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 1,464 Views, 47 Comments

Twilight's Curiosity: War II - Mr Anomalous



A Sequel to Twilight's Curiosity: War. She's Back! And all by herself! And she's going to meet some humans!!

  • ...
5
 47
 1,464

The Time Flying By

The Time Flying By

Twilight woke up the next morning, absolutely exhausted as a consequence straining her body from the events of the past couple days and nights. They cleaned up bodies, sent the bodies back to the U.S., (she had only recently learned that, right now, they were in Russia. The city is unknown; its been completely wiped off the map, because of the damage done to it. And, she also found out, the large bomb, called a 'Nuke' had been set off in a city several hundred miles south of there, also in Russia, also technically nonexistent.

Then, when all of the cleaning was done, she, of course, went back to training. The two scientists whom she and Darren spoke to one or twice had been killed, and, now, were replaced by three other ones.

Finally, she just lost track of time. Eventually, she had even forgotten that she was a pony. That's why the news that she got one day was a bit shocking to hear.

"Congratulations, Private, you have graduated boot camp." This wasn't the shocking part, it was just a bit surprising.

"Oh...really?"

"Yes, you're three month trip to Boot Camp is complete."

That was the shocking part.

"Wait, did you just say three months?"

"Well....yes."

"I've been here for ten weeks!?"

"Uh...yeah."

Wow, she really had lost track of time. What about her friends in Ponyville? What about her duties as prize student of the Princess, and as librarian of the Golden Oaks? She had only expected to be here for a week or two. Guess there was nothing that she could do about it now.

"And now you begin you're minimum tour of two years, which will remain until you are killed in action, the war ends, or you go AWOL, in which case, you will be captured and thrown in prison, or simply executed."

See ya guys, its been fun.

Twilight knew that she couldn't do anything about it, so she just sighed and left the headquarters. She moped back to her tent and began writing a letter to her Ponyville friends. She had learned how to send back material objects from one of the books as well, but she didn't want to use it unless she was dying, or she was held up.

She was pretty sure that this counted as being held up.

Dear Reader: I, Twilight Sparkle, send this letter back to Ponyville to inform you that I am alright. I am not hurt, and I remember all of you. I have traveled to...somewhere else, and sort of been unwillingly recruited into a military on one of three sides involved in a worldwide conflict there.

Don't worry, I'll be back, I have plenty of training, and magic. They don't have magic here, except for me, so I can handle myself. Again, do not worry. I have just recently finished training, and I must serve a minimal tour of at least two years. I do not have a say in the matter, as I am technically not a citizen. I am property.

Once more, don't worry, I have friends, (They speak the same language as us!) and I'm not treated very badly. I am grateful for the experience, and for the training; I needed to be tougher. I miss you all, and, goodbye.
Love: Twilight Sparkle.

She finished the letter, and sent it to the Library. She hoped that it didn't get caught in the branches or something; she had intended it to land on her desk, where it would, hopefully, be found by Spike. She wrote in her third journal, it was almost full as well, and slipped into bed, with dreams of her friends. She cried in her sleep.

Spike was asleep in Twilight's bed, (hey, he missed her, but he'd still rather sleep in a bed than in a basket) when he was awoken by a *poof*! and a bright, purple light.

Twilight?

"TWILIGHT!"

He scrambled out of bed, already feeling guilty about sleeping in it, and raced downstairs.

"Oh, Twilight, I missed you so mu-"

He was silenced when he saw no unicorns in the main room. Instead, there was a letter on the table.

He opened it, read it, curled up in a ball on the ground, and cried.

He stayed that way until dawn broke the horizon, when he stood up, made Twilight's bed, and curled up in his basket. He never flipped the open/closed sign around. The ponies could wait for their books, he had some important self-pitying to do today.

Twilight awoke, knowing that, if she didn't pay attention, she might lose sight of herself, her world, and her friends forever. But she smiled, and looked forward to the day anyway.
That is when a mortar round hit her tent, sending everything into shards and clouds of dust.

Author's Note:

Hehe, I love doing this!