• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 1,464 Views, 47 Comments

Twilight's Curiosity: War II - Mr Anomalous



A Sequel to Twilight's Curiosity: War. She's Back! And all by herself! And she's going to meet some humans!!

  • ...
5
 47
 1,464

The Convincing

The Training

Again. wat.

"Private?" Did I just get recruited?

"Yes, Twilight, you are now an American soldier."

"Ohhh, no, no, no, no, no, no, I can't fight!" The whole reason that she came her was to bring peace!

"Twilight, that's what the training is for-"

"No! I don't fight! I just can't, there's just no way!"

"Twilight..."

"The entire reason that I came here in the first place was so I could learn!"

"Twilight, please listen to me..."

The unicorn whirled around and stared him right in the eye.

"Why should I listen to you? You said I could trust you! Then you bring me here, have your buddies study me, and then recruit me into your little army without my permission!?"

Darren looked down at the ground.

"It wasn't me. I swear to you, I didn't know this would happen. I thought that you would just be looked at for a bit, that's it. I didn't think that you could even fight, I thought you were safe..." He was looking her in the eye again.

"Then why did you even bring me here in the first place!?"

Darren once again looked straight at the ground.

"It's my job. I have to report everything to my superiors. Anything significant." He looked up again, "And you Twilight Sparkle, are pretty significant."

"Well, you explained to me that America is all about freedom and liberty and stuff, right? Don't I have a choice in the matter?"

This time Darren just stood up, and looked completely away, out the window.

"That's just it. You technically aren't a citizen of the United States-"

"Great! Then that means the I can't be a soldier!" Darren had also explained a bit about law.

"Twilight. You aren't human. That much is obvious. You don't have human or civil rights. These people...my superiors....they can do whatever they want with you, Twilight..."

Twilight shrunk away in horror.

"I'm so sorry...I should've thought more before I brought you."

Twilight just shook her head sadly.

"No...I...I can't... I mean, I may be able to fight a bit, but kill something, someone? I can't. I JUST CAN'T."

Darren, whirled around and stared, no, glared straight into, Twilight's eyes.

"Twilight..." He said quietly, yet very, very harshly.

"These...things... these...ANIMALS... they are not people. They go around, killing, slaughtering innocents, raping the women, and enslaving the children that they bear. They have no souls, no right to be called humans. They are monsters... and we will wipe them, from the face of this planet. "

Twilight was taken aback.

"Can't we...change them?"

Darren just shook his head.

"Come here...I need to show you something that I had originally wanted to avoid."

He didn't wait for an answer, he just turned around and marched out of the door that lay below the large viewing window. Twilight quickly followed.

Darren marched into a large tent, telling Twilight to stay behind. Many of the soldiers were giving her strange looks, laughing a bit. They were not as shocked as Twilight had originally thought that they would be. She wondered why?

Darren eventually left, and motioned for Twilight to follow.

"Uh...Darren? Why aren't these men...I mean, shouldn't they be a little more.... surprised?"

Darren didn't even look at her as he briskly marched her outside of the large encampment, and back into the slowly decaying city.

"No. Everyone knows who you are, the General announced it."

"Oh..."

Soon, they came across a large clearing in buildings, and Darren motioned to walk deeper inside. It was dark.

Darren stayed outside, donning his gas mask, and waited. Twilight came back out soon. She was in shock.

"See? They don't deserve to be changed."

Twilight didn't respond, and Darren had to carry her back to the camp, and lay her to bed. (She had gotten her own tent set up shortly after her announcement.)

She slept quickly, but with nightmares of dismembered and mutilated bodies, many of them children, many only babies. The blood. There was so....much...BLOOD.