• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 827 Views, 60 Comments

The Techno Wedding. - SolidFerret



Sequel to The DJ and The Keyboard Player. The two are now getting married. But will an old sibling rivalry set things back.

  • ...
2
 60
 827

Second and Sebring

[A/N] If you saw the chapters name and went "Oh sh*t" yeah it's that.





Electronic Notes had woken up and knew that it was the day of rehearsal. As stupid as it sounded, he was nervous for tomorrow. He would finally marry the love of his life. Another bonus is that he could go back to never seeing his brother again. Everypony asked why the two have been so distant but the two wouldn't give them a straight answer. While some ponies expected a few problems since they hadn't seen eachother in over three years, but the two rarely interacted with just each other. There was either a pony that dragged them along to meet or it was a group. When asked they simple responded with.

"Personal Issues." Notes said quietly. It was a lie between the two. They didn't tell each other to lie, they just did. Everyday Vinyl would pester him to go sit down and talk to his big brother.

"Come on. Why don't you two ever get along?" Vinyl asked.

"Because Vinyl. We were very distant growing up." Notes reponded.

"There has to be a reason other than the fact that he was better than you at things." Vinyl pleaded.

"Honey, even when we talked it was harsh between us. We almost ended killing each other like those two lions."*

"Which one were you?" Vinyl asked harshly.

"Honestly I think we were both." Notes responded

"Sweetie at least tell me why you two stopped talking for three years?"

"Again, personal issues." He said firmly.

Vinyl opened her mouth to respond, but that's when she saw her finances face. He had a look of sadness on his face that Vinyl knew that there was a big personnel issue between the two.


"Are you at least gonna have the common courtesy to go apologize to your brother?" Twilight asked as Hard Chord tried very little to fix his mane for the arrival of Princess Celestia. Instead he even made it more messy.

"Twilight when you spend years growing up with the fool, yelling at him is almost second nature." Hard Chord responded.

"Fine. While I get you were rebellious as a foal but can you at least try to fix your mane for her arrival?" Twilight asked.

"Why, I thought you liked it like this." Hard Chord said mischievously. Twilight tried to say some thing but the words were caught in her throat. Her cheeks became a bright red as she ran out of the room.

"Dude you got her good." Spike said, sitting on the couch behind him.

"I don't know. Maybe to much?" Hard Chord asked. He'd hate for Twilight to never stop talking to him again. Why did that thought sadden him more than it should.

"Maybe I do li-" He was cut off by the sound of horns that could only mean...

"She's here come on!" Twilight said as she ran out the door. Spike hopped on Hard Chords' back followed her out the door and to the crowd that was gathering.

"Citizens of Ponyville. It is my honor to welcome The Ruler of Equestria. Princess Celestia." She announced as she pointed her hoof towards a landing carriage. The Princess waved to the crowd as she stepped off the carriage and was greeted by her personal student.

"Twilight! How lovely to see you again." She said as she nuzzled her student. She had always been a motherly figure for her when she became her student. Even on nights when Celestia would stare at the moon in tears, Twilight would be there to comfort her.

"It's so great to see you again as well Princess." Twilight said excitedly.

"And who is this young stallion?" She said, turning her head towards Hard Chord.

"That's Hard Chord!" Twilight said with enthusiastically. After hearing how loud she was, she looked down while blushing. Princess Celestias' horn glowed but since it was bright out you could hardly see it.

'I hope he doesn't find out. What would he think of me? Princess Celestia always told me to tell them how I feel but she's had practice being thousands of years old. Wait, doesn't she have a spell to read minds. Oh shi- no.'

"Twilight." Celestia said. Twilight looked up at her with pink cheeks. The Princess leaned down to her ear.

"Your secret is safe with me." She whispered. Twilight felt relief. She had shared secret crushes with her mentor before, even the ruler herself had shared a few she had as a foal and even some she has now.

"Nice to meet you Princess Celestia." Hard Chord said as he bowed. Celestia had a smug grin on her face.

"I remember you and your brother. In fact I believe there are two others that ran from me who are here. One of them being Soarin and the other I don't know."

"Well for starters, The other one was Nova Burst. Second, Well when the 'Grand Ruler of Equestria' shows up when you pile snow at the entrance to school, first instinct is to run."

Celestia giggled at the latter.That's when she went to greet some others. Soarin and Celestia had their talk about running from her, but there was another pony who she needed to meet.

"PRINCESS CELESTIA!!! Hiiiiiiiii!!!!!" Pinkie Pie screamed. A green unicorns' pupils shrank at the sound of her name being screamed.

"Hello there Pinkie Pie. And hello to you as well Mister...?"

The young stallion gulped, "Nova Burst." He answered.

Princess Celestia smiled warmly. "Nice to meet you Nova Burst."

Nova eased up after that. Once somepony he met wasn't out to get him, he relax for once.

"So how fast have you gotten since you've ran from me." Celestia whispered in his ear.

Nova promptly fainted.


There he was. Standing at the Altair. Watching his soon to be wife walking down the aisle. He stood there nervously. Except it wasn't that day. It was a practice for that day which was tomorrow.

"Geez man you need to quit shaking." Hard Chord said.

"Hey I'm nervous for tomorrow." Notes responded.

"Typical you. Always afraid of the future instead of focusing on the present." Hard Chord said.

"Hey! I have excuses to be worried for the future. You're the one who doesn't care at all!" By the time Notes realized how loud he was, he still didn't care.

"Give an example." Hard Chord responded angrily.

"MOM!" Notes yelled loud. By now, all the ponies eyes were on the two brothers and has backed away from them.

"You abandoned us the one time we needed all of the family!" A few gasps rang through the air.

"Not my fault dad disowned me and kicked me out of the house for being me." Hard Chord said.

"Buck that. When mom got sick and was dying. He would have accepted you then."

"So you're saying that dad would have boughten the emo act as mom laid dying."**

"NO! Just that the one time where he thought you would be hurting, he would've comforted you. Moms dying wish was that the family would be together. She died believing that somehow we would get through together."

"At least I didn't stand there and watch her die!"

That was the last straw for Electronic Notes as he tackled his brother and began to punch him in the face. Hard Chord was stronger and pushed his brother off him. As he was about to attack, a few ponies held him to the ground.

"No fair I want to get my hits in." He yelled as he struggled against their hold.

"I'm gonna say the last words you heard from me after moms funeral!" Notes yelled as he was being escorted out by Vinyl. Hard Chord stopped struggling and prepared his ears.

"I HOPE I NEVER BUCKING SEE YOU AGAIN!" He yelled as the door slammed shut. The ponies holding Hard Chord let go and everypony in there were shocked. Tears fell from Hard Chords eyes as he ran.

Twilight stood there shocked. She couldn't believe how hostile the two brothers can be. Thats why the all the distant communication, the rivalry, the arguing, the fighting.

Those two brothers fell apart from tragedy that tore the whole family apart.




* The Lion King reference

** A reference to the band 'As I lay Dying.

The chapters name is named after the song with the same name from the Metalcore band 'Of Mice & Men'

[A/N] Damn that was serious. There will be explanations from the two next chapter. I do no own My Little Pony or the references I made during this chapter.