• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 827 Views, 60 Comments

The Techno Wedding. - SolidFerret



Sequel to The DJ and The Keyboard Player. The two are now getting married. But will an old sibling rivalry set things back.

  • ...
2
 60
 827

*Not* Good to see you again.

[A/N] Went to gamestop today and saw a kid from my school. I was out of there faster than Rainbow Dash herself. Next chapter.



Hard Chords' p.o.v.

"So bro, how long has it been? 2 months, 3 months?"

"3 years." He answered.

"Well what happened in those '3 years'."

"Where do I start, Well I met a girl, she's right over there." He said, pointing at Vinyl. "I went on tour. Was nearly killed on several occasions. Had to defeat Changelings to make sure your dumb ass wasn't their next victim. I finally settled down and now getting married to the love of my life."

"How's dad?"

"Hasn't said much last time I saw him."

"Say anything about me that was nice for once?" If you hadn't figured out by now, dad and I weren't the best of pals. He was hoping for a sweet, innocent colt that did sports and went outside. Happy opposite day dad.

"Well he did say that it was better now that you weren't around anymore."

"Whatever makes that old coot happy. He coming the wedding?"

"Naw man. He found out who I was marring, where the wedding is, and that you were coming and said 'screw that'. But I think mainly cause of you"

"Color me shock. Maybe I might do the same for his funeral?"

"Thats awful!" I turned to see Twilight glaring daggers.

"Twilight you should know that Hard Chord here wasn't in good terms with our father growing up."

"Why?"

"Cause my father needed to have a son with a clean mane." I shook my mane around to make it even more messy." No piercings which was shot dead out the sky when I was sixteen so that's said and done, and my choice of hobby which is what my cutie mark represents, also my choice in music, Metalcore, of course any music with screaming in it is considered garbage to my parents but my dad hated it to the point that he disowned me at the age of seventeen."

Twilights' mouth hung open after hearing that last statement. "I'm...sorry... I didn't know it was that bad between you two." She looked down feeling bad. I tried to raise her spirits.

"Hey you didn't know about it. Plus you hardly know about my relationship with my brother, or at this point it's more of a relationsh*t." She giggled at the statement.

"At least I have a relationship."

"That's because you asked every mare I brought home, 'am I gonna be cousin in nine months?'. You were lucky that most of them though you were cute."

"Cute? I was a year younger than you. They were trying to hook up with me behind your back. I think they were-"

"No way you could score back then. You can hardly score now"

"Bull, I'm getting married."

"You got lucky with the damn auto-tune chip in your throat."

"But screaming all the damn time gets you some."

"More than you could dream of. By the way, I can also sing idiot."

Before our argument could get personal, Twilight stepped in with Vinyl.

"Woah there. Alright it seems there is some sort of sibling rivalry going on here. Maybe we should go get a bite to eat at Sugarcube Corner."

"Vinyl and I need to check into the hotel first. We'll catch up." Notes said as he got his luggage and hurried off. It looked like the rest were off to work somewhere since they just left suddenly. Some with mischievous grins on their faces.

"Looks like it's gonna be you and me for a while." I said to the only one there, Twilight. The moment I said that her cheeks glowed red. I think I get it now. Twilight has a crush on me. I wasn't one to take advantage and embarrass her because of it. Not like my brother and I did. I probably lucked out as much times as he got shot down.

"Come on lets go." I said snapping her out of her thoughts.

We trotted through town, my mind drifted to Twilights' crush on me. Did she really fell that way. I glanced over at her. She did look pretty but I did just meet her. I'm not a mare who's emotions change when they see a good looking stallion. Maybe I'll give it time until the wedding and then I'll see what I feel.

We arrived there with Pinkie working at the front.

"Hey you two. What will it be?

"A slice of Cherry Pie Pinkie."

"Great. And you?" I looked at the menu and knew what I wanted almost instantly.

"Cinnamon Roll Please."

"Okie dokie lokie. Find a place to sit and I will be there shortly with your food."

Well we sat down. The place was a bit busy. A few ponies were there to get food and leave while some were hanging around with a group of friends. Twilight stuck up a conversation.

"So tell me about yourself."

"Well there isn't much to say that you haven't heard."

"I guess your right about that. Sorry about that."

"You apologize a lot."

"Sorry it's a bad habit of mine."

"Well what about you. What's your story?"

"Oh I'm sure you don't want to hear it."

"Nonsense. We have time. Plus we can't be complete strangers for long can we?"

She sat that their and began to tell me about herself. She said that she was a bookworm and that her only friend was her brother, who was captain of the royal guards. She went on to tell me the rest of her life leading up to moving to Ponyville.

"Wait you're Princess Celestia's personal student." She nodded her head.

"Tell me is she as much as a joker as they say she is?"

"Well she wasn't a complete joker. But she liked to have fun every now and then."

"Interesting. So is she really coming for the wedding?"

"Yes. She owed Electronic Notes a favor after he defeated those Changelings."

"He must have waited a long time to drop that one. I could only imagine her reading the letter and going 'damn it. Completely forgot about that.' She's probably thinking about dropping the whole thing."

Twilight was laughing at his mock of the Princess. Pinkie brought our food and we ate.


"Hey do you know where you're going to stay?" Twilight asked.

" Well I might stay at the hotel, but i'm afraid that I'm gonna hear the soon to be couple in their intimate moment."

"You could stay with me!" Twilight nearly yelled.

"If you want?" Blushing from how loud she was.

"Are you sure. Cause I could sleep in a tree if you want?"

Twilight giggled and said, "The library is in a tree so I think that might be a yes."

We were already on our way there when she asked so we got there rather quickly. When we walked on, I saw a baby dragon sweeping up the place. He looked and saw me with Twilight and as he gave a 'are you kidding me?' look.

"Twilight I thought the brides maids weren't supposed to date the groom."

"Spike!" She scolded. I actually laughed at that statement.

"I like him." I said. Spike seemed to smile at that statement.

"No Spike this is the grooms' brother, Hard Chord."

"Sup." I waved to him.

"He will be staying with us."

"Alright Twilight."

"Oh and by the way, Rarity needs you for measurements on your suit."

That dragon was gone man. I mean out the damn door before it closed gone.

"I've never seen a dragon move that fast for his size."

"Well he's got a crush on Rarity."

Speaking of crushes.

"Well there is a spare bedroom next to mine that you can take."

"All right thanks."


The moon lit the sky as I stepped out onto the balcony. There I saw Twilight reading a book.

"You know it's getting late. Ya' might want to get some sleep."

"After this chapter." She said. Not even looking up from her book. I stepped out and looked up at the sky, the stars were bright and the moon was a crescent.

"It looks beautiful out tonight."

"Yep." Twilight still didn't take her eyes away from the book.

"What did I just say?"

"You look beautiful tonight."

"Twilight repeat what you just said."

Twilight began to mumble it. She stopped and her face turned red.

"I meant the night sky. But if you are the night sky, keep it up."

Twilight giggled and yawned. I went back inside to use the bathroom. When I came back out I saw that she had fallen asleep. I picked her up and hovered to her bed with my wings. Spike was sound asleep so I had to be quiet. I placed in the bed and tucked her in. I went back and got her book and placed on her desk on open on the page she left it on.

Just as I walked out of her room, I turned around and looked at her. She had a smile on her face.

"Sweet dreams Twilight."


[A/N] I have been listening to this while typing the whole chapter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG1pRNQAByI&feature=player_detailpage. Also I now have twitter so come follow me. I do not own My Little Pony